Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Also, there are plenty of enemies that don't give a poo poo about guns and even reflect them at you, so don't do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
The psp remake of Persona 1 is a great deal better than the original and a great deal worse than a good game.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
If you like guns in jrpgs play Wild Arms instead.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Mr Phillby posted:

If you like guns in jrpgs play Resonance of Fate instead.

:yeah:

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
I'll play all of them !!!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mr Phillby posted:

If you like guns in jrpgs play Persona 5 instead.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Just started chapter 5 in Trails of Cold Steel and the only complaint I have: obnoxious shittily voice-acted on purpose surely Millisomething, what the gently caress were they thinking jamming that in there. I'm okay with the terrorists presenting themselves and standing out because that makes sense. That one bluehaired pain in the rear end and eyes and ears and all other senses pile of poo poo character does not stand out in any acceptable way, it's like the worst from Star Ocean 4 combined with the worst from Star Ocean 5 made into a character. Why is she even in there or rather, why is she even like that. Does the game give a reasonable explanation? I'm not going to use that irritating oval office (let's give her Thrush for a nickname) and I hope I never have to use her in the rest of the game or the sequel. She is a diarrhea splatter on a million dollar wedding dress of a shitstain. It's like they checked everything out for the game and went "hang on, the game will be a legit 40/40 famitsu perfect product if we ship it like this" and put her in it. May whoever was solely responsible for her creation end up working together with the deviantart-quality sadness who made the ninja in Mass Effect 3. (Yes, I got spoiled by reviews on some things that are still to come, and I accept all of those. But not this one complaint source I have.)

And exhale. Everything else is more than acceptable, the framedrops are forgivable, no regard for graphical elements when it's this good, it's more than enough to deliver what it needs to. Lengthy lovely game that I have at least 20-30 hours left in before seeing the staff roll at this rate, good enough that I might platinum it out of pure love and respect. Persona 5 will have to be pants(u)droppingly good after this.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Oct 24, 2016

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

that is some strong language

CS2 explains Millium's deal, and also manages to make her a cute kid and not just a spastic little gremlin

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Millium's great if you are patient with ADHD kids. She provides a good view of what's going on with one of the factions in the game and she's an awesome foil to Jusis. Seriously, anyone who can make Jusis that mad is a-ok in my book.

lick it or ticket
Apr 12, 2013

When you want to laugh cry as hard as you can, when you want to cry laugh all you can. When you see rain, just think of it as the world laughing with you, and laugh until you can't anymore.
Millium is a Neptunia that picked the wrong flight.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Saoshyant posted:

Millium's great if you are patient with ADHD kids. She provides a good view of what's going on with one of the factions in the game and she's an awesome foil to Jusis. Seriously, anyone who can make Jusis that mad is a-ok in my book.

I really appreciate the story building up so well, but I wish I could set volume levels per character or switch dubs. I can't handle her and I'm one of the masses who could not stand Tiny Tina's voiceacting.

lick it or ticket posted:

Millium is a Neptunia that picked the wrong flight.

She's the Chintendo Vii

e: Costume drama, my fave, all okay. Add some people who stick out of the crowd, entirely ok. Add someone that's like Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey combined letting loose in full comedy mode also behaving like my two youngest nephews when they were 4-6 years old, not okay. She's a stick-thin turd in a box of pocky.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Oct 24, 2016

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I just started Chapter 6 of Cold Steel. Millium is just annoying and Crow is just kind of there. Becky should have joined the party instead.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

now there's the vita thread I missed

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Mr Phillby posted:

If you like guns in jrpgs play Wild Arms instead.

wild arms aged like spoiled milk

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Much like the Vita

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

WOFF is quite choppy and the graphics seem poorly optimised. Quite telling that their main goal was the PS4.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
On that note how's the cyber sleuths compared to its ps4 counterpart

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Odette posted:

WOFF is quite choppy and the graphics seem poorly optimised. Quite telling that their main goal was the PS4.

I literally preordered it last night on Vita. :(

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Takoluka posted:

I literally preordered it last night on Vita. :(

drat I am glad I waited.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

SylvainMustach posted:

I've only seen a tiny bit of PS4 gameplay footage, but I don't think the Vita version was noticeably worse in any way.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

What's going on in this game?

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Ruggington posted:

Real nice music tho

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

MarcusSA posted:

drat I am glad I waited.

Eh, I'll trip report it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Saoshyant posted:

What's going on in this game?

Magic

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
I'm enjoying it so far. The vita version is definitely choppier than ps4, but so far nothing that was enough to turn me off of playing Kingdom Hearts style Final Fantasy battle Pokemon catch'em all on the go.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Ruggington posted:

Not 3. :colbert:

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

MrLonghair posted:

Just started chapter 5 in Trails of Cold Steel and the only complaint I have:

buddy, once you're coming up with gross nicknames for game characters, it's time to pull back.

i'm about halfway through chapter six of CS, and my main character complaint right now is crow is boring, why don't i get to see towa more?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you get to see her pretty often for a non party member

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

SylvainMustach posted:

I liked the game. It runs quite well on the Vita and it's up-scaled on the PS4.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Iirc cyber sleuth started as a vita title and was ported up, so it runs fine.

Woff is a little hitchy at the very start of a battle right after the screen transition, but otherwise it's been fine for me, so I guess ymmv.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The mascot's speech tick is very the grating. And also very the familiar for some reason.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
After a couple hours I got the used to it

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

at first I thought that was just really lovely translation in the subtitles until it kept happening.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

History Comes Inside! posted:

at first I thought that was just really lovely translation in the subtitles until it kept happening.

Nope it's bad on purpose.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Ruggington posted:

I would gladly drown in more spoiled milk.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Odd, I was sure Marvelous Europe would handle this one for sure

https://twitter.com/PQubeGames/status/790858296131551232

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Hell yes.

I'm ready for a 100$ in DLC costumes.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

So I can't buy World of Final Fantasy on the vita ps store, checked the website and after trying to purchase it, it says that I need my card information because the game is CERO-Z while the ESRB rating is E10. :laffo: :laffo: :laffo:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Odd, I was sure Marvelous Europe would handle this one for sure

https://twitter.com/PQubeGames/status/790858296131551232

Cool more lovely spelling and grammar and random crashes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i think moon crux edition is different than the us limited edition. or at least differently named