Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Shout out to the guys I played with last night that liked my train jokes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
The second post is the caboose

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That pun was running out of steam

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Lmfao. drat those Argonne nazis.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ah yes, the sun. The ottomans natural enemy

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

VincesUndies posted:

Yes, I took out a heavy tank after it killed me that way. They're also harder to spot than in the other BF games

AT mines are the best, even better than C4 for taking out tanks on a suicide mission, since there's no trigger and you can deploy them so fast. Just run up to the front, drop 3, get run over, kaboom! Dead tank and everyone inside.

I loving love the AA guns too. So fun shredding enemy planes, helping out our boys in the sky. Better than any stinger/igla.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Finger Prince posted:

AT mines are the best, even better than C4 for taking out tanks on a suicide mission, since there's no trigger and you can deploy them so fast. Just run up to the front, drop 3, get run over, kaboom! Dead tank and everyone inside.

I loving love the AA guns too. So fun shredding enemy planes, helping out our boys in the sky. Better than any stinger/igla.

Me when I get the killing blow on a zep

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

frank.club posted:

Me when I get the killing blow on a zep

That is just the best. Got myself an attack plane and single handedly bombed one into oblivion.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
I fixed the loadout thing by using the website rather than the game or the phone app. Either that or the patch did it....

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Played with 3 other friend tonight. Me in an Assault Plane well they ran around capping points in conquest. They would spot enemies and I would precision bomb them well they took the point. That was a ton of fun.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Hey so I sent a request to join up with the PS4 community (BostonZombie) if you want to add me on PSN go for it, this is my first Battlefield game.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Does being in a community actually work at all? I was in one before and it just seemed to be a list of people you could potentially add to a friend list, I didn't see how to use it at all. But I'm getting old man, technology is starting to baffle me at times.

Anyway, I've got 31 hours in this game already, and would like to spend more of it playing with others rather than squadding up with randos.

PSN: ParkingtigersX

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
These god drat snipers

:iamafag:

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
the hats :allears:

edit: i swear they turn into helmets :lol:

mellowjournalism fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Oct 25, 2016

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Is this game good, or should I wait a few months to see if it's still popular?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Buy it now.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Buy it now.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

The Setup:

Congress of Pyschology and Entheogenesis of Florida.

A group of 200 pychologist get togueter in a hotel in florida to test new drugs. The congress is paid by Big Pharma, so theres a lot of money going around and the catering is great.

Next to the hotel theres a minigolf and a real golf field. A group of 64 medics are lost in that field, lost to whatever allucination have taken them. Well, not real medics medics, they are only psychoanalist that are in the congress because of the free drugs and catering.

The design of the minigolf is great. Is designed by a genius. It represent different building style from europe in 1800. You look at it and must pause "Wow, this map is well done".

The actual golf field is really good too. And Is fun to go around in the golf cars, and sometimes end in the lake. 1 of each 10 people is not a medic, is assistant, from catering, and are supposed to be there to deliver ammo for the party, but they don't do that. Then theres the assault dudes, the bouncers on the golf club, they are supposed to stop the golf cars but they can't because the support don't give them ammo.

And this is Battlefield One.

You are stuck in a Dogme 95 movie with a lot of idiots, and is a very fun, very amazing game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-1nIUuImbU

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Platinum trophy get. Now to work on ranking up all the classes, unlocking all the guns, finishing my codex, and getting all the medals. But casual like, because now I can relax and focus on shooting the mans. Can't believe I have 35 hours in a MP shooter in just 8 days, and that's not counting 100%ing the single player stuff too. I'm balls deep in this game.

Oh, just in case someone else is as daft as me, I realised what I was doing wrong with tripwire bombs. When you place them, the yellow highlight is there the bomb will be, but the crosshair is where the wire will attach to. Before I was just placing them down and wondering why the wire was going straight into the wall next to the bomb, not across the doorway. Well, that was just me being a spastic. Now I can place them properly (in places no-one ever goes near, but still...)

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

The thing about bitching about support not dropping ammo, is what if they're running some combination of mortar/limpet/repair tool? Mortar is too fun to not use, which only leaves you one gadget slot. Why spend it on ammo packs (other than you aren't being very supportive if you don't)?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Unlimited grenades > limpets and the dumb repair tool even if it can be used on horses

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I feel like right now 75% of people (pubbies) don't survive long enough to need it. Maybe that will change in a month when people have more situational awareness about the maps.

Why bother running a slot with ammo when they'll die in 3 minutes and everyone around them is dying too? And let's be honest ain't nobody getting revived.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Finger Prince posted:

The thing about bitching about support not dropping ammo, is what if they're running some combination of mortar/limpet/repair tool? Mortar is too fun to not use, which only leaves you one gadget slot. Why spend it on ammo packs (other than you aren't being very supportive if you don't)?

I wish there where a way to equip a close distance weapon has sniper, a shotgun or similar. I like the idea of the scout ( spotting enemies ) but I am not a good sniper because I have bad aim.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

That's what scout was in every other BF game. :dice: has once again done everything in their power to ensure that Snipers get to sit 200 meters away hoping for the two super l33t kills they get a round.

I'd love for scout to have a shotty, tnt, limpet mines, or small balloon with a camera (drone.)

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

Beastie posted:

That's what scout was in every other BF game. :dice: has once again done everything in their power to ensure that Snipers get to sit 200 meters away hoping for the two super l33t kills they get a round.

I'd love for scout to have a shotty, tnt, limpet mines, or small balloon with a camera (drone.)

A deplorable pigeon that you can control and make poo poo in enemies eyes, resulting in similar effects as mustard gas for ten seconds.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

I've been using the m95 carbine as mobile scout, firing while ads doesn't move the sight picture and the bolt action is fast.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

V for Vegans posted:

A deplorable pigeon that you can control and make poo poo in enemies eyes, resulting in similar effects as mustard gas for ten seconds.

Complete with the wheezing and gagging sound effects

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I do miss the gold old days of bc artillery binoculars for eliminating scouts

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

V for Vegans posted:

A deplorable pigeon

Please leave politics out of the thread.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Beastie posted:

I feel like right now 75% of people (pubbies) don't survive long enough to need it. Maybe that will change in a month when people have more situational awareness about the maps.

I'm not going to stop slaughtering pubbies in a month. Right now is probably when pubbies survive the longest in a BF game.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Do AT mines persist through death?

Yes, and it is glorious. Spam mines every life in high traffic areas and reap the rewards. As mentioned, they're hard to see in this.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Horse is good

http://i.imgur.com/onTP92t.gifv

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Do horses set off mines?

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

Beastie posted:

Do horses set off mines?

not mines, but they will set off tripwire bombs

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I have like 1000 warbonds and nothing I want to buy. what should I buy?

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

omg chael crash posted:

I have like 1000 warbonds and nothing I want to buy. what should I buy?

flamethrower tank

All the grenades

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

moist turtleneck posted:

Unlimited grenades > limpets and the dumb repair tool even if it can be used on horses

wait wait wait

can you use the repair tool on horses?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Horse is OP, I spent good chunk of time on horse during a Conquest round and racked up 16 kills with the sword. Just endlessly sprint chopping up snipers and capping points.

Also you don't need to ever get off the horse, just throw down an ammo/health pouch and stand still for a few seconds.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
Confirmed horse is OP. I'm bad at this videogame but routinely get killstreaks on horses. Running around like a wildman on contested points is pretty fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I have a video I'll have to upload, where at the very start of the game on that close quarters desert map with 3 points, I rush from the spawn along the boundary and come up behind the enemy as they were capping the point closest to their spawn. I just parked the horse in a group of enemies and swung the sword until they killed me. I must have got 5 or 6 kills without moving.