Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's going to save the hospital millions on electricity bills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do
What if Max's fairy dust gave everyone in the world a little bit of Feral's power?

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

A reasonably good twist on this would be if after everything seems fine and Feral is happy, Allison finds out that forcing Max to use his power alerted whoever's disappearing superhumans, and he gets snatched away in the night. Huh, maybe that's why he kept it a secret. And Allison would have to live with the fact that she destroyed a man to help her friend.

But that would be interesting and paint Allison as less than a perfect angel, so it ain't gonna happen.

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

I thought Patrick said the kids who got killed for having world changing powers were assassinated before any powers manifested. Presumably the shadow group just doesn't think his powers are worth doing anything about.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

A reasonably good twist on this would be if after everything seems fine and Feral is happy, Allison finds out that forcing Max to use his power alerted whoever's disappearing superhumans, and he gets snatched away in the night. Huh, maybe that's why he kept it a secret. And Allison would have to live with the fact that she destroyed a man to help her friend.

But that would be interesting and paint Allison as less than a perfect angel, so it ain't gonna happen.

The general feeling is that, that's okay. Based on the comments at least. So many people are completely fine with her roughing up a dude to save her bff from a situation she willingly chose and wasn't actually life threatening, because he was an rear end in a top hat.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Galvanik posted:

I thought Patrick said the kids who got killed for having world changing powers were assassinated before any powers manifested. Presumably the shadow group just doesn't think his powers are worth doing anything about.

I still kind of hope that this whole time Patrick was lying out his rear end about that and there never was any conspiracy.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

ManlyGrunting posted:

I still kind of hope that this whole time Patrick was lying out his rear end about that and there never was any conspiracy.

at this point that would be the most plausible explanation. so of course instead we'll be treated to something gloriously dumb like the CLEVIN 12.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

ManlyGrunting posted:

Lying? Or just wrong?

Could all these children with potentially-worldchanging powers all die coincidentally?

... well, yes. That's what 'coincidence' means.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

CMON MAKE WITH THE TINY FERALS ALREADY

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
This is stupid :toot:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
It bothers me that I spotted exactly where this was going as soon as it was given out what Max's ability was. I usually don't think my ideas are very good and I don't like it when my nose gets rubbed in exactly how not-very-good they are :smith:

So wait if she regrows a heart in a minute how do they get it out in the first place, with a shovel?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Alison now think about solving world hunger. :unsmigghh:

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

40 hours a month also doesn't seem like enough organs to even shift the backlog of organs needed in the US alone, at least not for many many years. Hundreds of thousands of people worldwide need organs right now.

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

Serene Dragon posted:

40 hours a month also doesn't seem like enough organs to even shift the backlog of organs needed in the US alone, at least not for many many years. Hundreds of thousands of people worldwide need organs right now.

Having enough surgeons to be able to keep up would still be an issue though.

Then again, there's no need to let perfectly good organs go to waste.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Synthbuttrange posted:

Alison now think about solving world hunger. :unsmigghh:

I... I think she already has :unsmigghh:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

That burger? That was your butt. I fed you your own butt Feral.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I'll be the one to point out the obvious: explanting organs is a difficult procedure that must be done slowly and Very Carefully to avoid damaging the organs themselves. If Feral regenerates 8-10 hearts per minute, or even a single one per minute, she's regenerating so fast that the scalpel cuts heal literally as soon as they've been made. Therefore, it should now be impossible to remove organs from her without literally ripping them out, which would make them useless for medical purposes.

Unless the organs themselves regenerate even when they're taken out, which would mean that everyone who got one is now a superhuman with a regenerating heart / lung / liver / whatever.

Good job, Allison!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Mikl posted:

Unless the organs themselves regenerate even when they're taken out, which would mean that everyone who got one is now a superhuman with a regenerating heart / lung / liver / whatever.

Everyone who got a transplant is slowly morphing into a Feral clone as the regeneration power is "healing" the rest of the body.

Alternatively, a Feral clone grows around the organ, exploding out of the patient's body.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Maybe they have an industrial press that stamps into her torso like a cookie cutter and pulls the organ out (plus some surrounding tissue)

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

They shove a stick of dynamite up her rear end and when it blows her to bits all the hospital staff scrambles around scooping up all the bits frantically stuffing them into sealed jars

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Where do these hearts come from? I mean mass-wise. I assume they constantly pump Feral with nutrients, but with this new rate we're talking several kilos of prime heart meat and God knows how much blood per hour. What I'm saying is that Feral is now always hungry, and no burger can sate this hunger.

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

Paladinus posted:

Where do these hearts come from? I mean mass-wise. I assume they constantly pump Feral with nutrients, but with this new rate we're talking several kilos of prime heart meat and God knows how much blood per hour. What I'm saying is that Feral is now always hungry, and no burger can sate this hunger.

We haven't seen Alison constantly eating, so maybe whatever allows her to fly allows Feral to regenerate. If her organs regenerate outside her body, she could just keep eating her heart into infinity.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Cat Mattress posted:

Everyone who got a transplant is slowly morphing into a Feral clone as the regeneration power is "healing" the rest of the body.

Alternatively, a Feral clone grows around the organ, exploding out of the patient's body.

"God loving damnit, you've got to let me have my feral clones," Catt Mattress could be heard yelling from the writer's room. "You gotta let me have this!"

Typical Pubbie fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Oct 25, 2016

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Dogwood Fleet posted:

We haven't seen Alison constantly eating, so maybe whatever allows her to fly allows Feral to regenerate. If her organs regenerate outside her body, she could just keep eating her heart into infinity.

Japan could use this to create artificial meat islands.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

That's so Japanese :kimchi:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Why couldn't they have gone with the accidental Clevin castration idea I had :smith:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Paladinus posted:

Where do these hearts come from? I mean mass-wise.

Nowhere, it's magic.

There's no way for these superpowers could operate without violating the laws of physics, so why bother attempting to explain them?

Typical Pubbie posted:

"God loving damnit, you've got to let me have my feral clones," Catt Mattress could be heard yelling from the writer's room. "You gotta let me have this!"
I just want Allison's smartass idea to result in a complete disaster that will make her history's greatest Hitler. I would also be satisfied with something like this:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

El oh el.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Oh man, ten hearts a minute? How does that even work. I can't even peel ten oranges in a minute let alone open heart surgery.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
They had to outsource the surgery to Kano, guy works like a champ.

Also I legit liked my idea better. :mad:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's still going to misfire horribly.

At least it should.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
How long does heart removal surgery take? Because the way she describes how her heart regenerates at one per minutes makes me think they barely have enough time to mortal kombat that poo poo

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Sure is good to know that there's no stakes to worry about.

So what now, back to jail for those murders she did, or do enough organs earn her a parole?

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Calaveron posted:

How long does heart removal surgery take? Because the way she describes how her heart regenerates at one per minutes makes me think they barely have enough time to mortal kombat that poo poo

Having thought about this for a minute which was ten times longer than this comic deserves anymore, I'm betting they still have that rig that keeps her open, one guy grabs the heart, and everyone else slashes up the veins/arteries/nerves/whatever else while grabber dude pulls. They probably wreck a few of them getting up to speed or change shifts, but so what? Hearts ain't valuable any more. You can probably remove a heart pretty fast when your team does the exact same procedure on the exact same patient hundreds of times per day and it doesn't actually matter if you have a 100% success rate. Basically for this to be 'real', stop thinking of them as surgeons and start thinking of them as slaughterhouse production line workers. Replace heart with whatever else and there you go.

Another possibility is they might have one team just completely remove her entire organ sack and individual teams sort it out elsewhere. The hospital probably has an entire wing devoted to her as she's their golden goose.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
this is the lamest of all possible outcomes and I'm ired

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Feral wanted to get right back on the table despite the agony. At least she is committed.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

if she's in surgery she doesn't have to talk to allison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

Paladinus posted:

Japan could use this to create artificial meat islands.

Or just use them to combat rising sea levels. Alison's helping the global climate change problem too!

• Locked thread