Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Backup Oboe posted:

Jack, get out of here! YOU'RE DEAD! You don't exist anymore!

HAW HAW HAW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Phanatic posted:

Finally a celebrity death in 2016 I can support:

Jack Chick just died and if the universe is metaphysically just is burning in hell.

I hope he enjoys finally getting to meet his moon god.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Basebf555 posted:

There's like 8-10 rivalries that are "serious business" and they're all on the about the same level unless you're personally invested and then that's the one you think is the biggest.

Some of these huge schools don't even have just one, and their fans wouldn't even be able to agree which one is the biggest. Texas v. Oklahoma is a big deal but so is Texas v. Texas A & M. Florida v. Florida St. is big, but so is Florida v. South Carolina. Its all bullshit, basically.

Is Florida v South Carolina that big to anyone? I went to USC for undergrad and the big one is Clemson, of course, but I'd put Georgia after that. I guess we have gotten our past couple of coaches from FL. I don't know, I just don't see it, maybe I'm a bad Gamecock.

Emily Spinach has a new favorite as of 00:36 on Oct 25, 2016

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

meiram posted:

I went to USC

There's only one USC and it is on the West Coast.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Nebraska-Oklahoma was the best and then the Big 12 killed it.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
tying the college football rivalry discussion into actual schadenfreude, doesn't get any better than this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR7s2m5Z5GA

and for a little bit of added context, alabama's kickers had been dogshit all game and they had to challenge to get that one second back on the clock

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Jesus Christ that reminds me why US football is such a horrible trash sport to watch, that was THREE MINUTES until the ball started moving again.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Serephina posted:

Jesus Christ that reminds me why US football is such a horrible trash sport to watch, that was THREE MINUTES until the ball started moving again.

That's pretty much the only reason it's popular. Drink and bullshit for 5 minutes, watch the ball for a minute, repeat. It's a horrible sport, but good background noise.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Dick Trauma posted:

The only thing regrettable about this hateful rear end in a top hat's death is that he wasn't conscious to appreciate that beyond the last gasp there wasn't a heaven or a hell and just the nothingness of oblivion.

I bet even if he'd gone to hell he'd feel vindicated, but he was wrong about everything. Lol.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

meiram posted:

Is Florida v South Carolina that big to anyone? I went to USC for undergrad and the big one is Clemson, of course, but I'd put Georgia after that. I guess we have gotten our past couple of coaches from FL. I don't know, I just don't see it, maybe I'm a bad Gamecock.

No. I have no idea what he's talking about and I've been a Gator fan for my entire life. It's FSU, then UGA, then you can argue the rest of the order from there. Maybe he means because Spurrier was at South Carolina for a while...? I have no idea.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

This needed more attention, anyone have the video this came from?

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

aftermath of football rivalry derail

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

im pooping! posted:

:thurman:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Scott Sterling's origin story

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

This kills the child.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

How to confront a cornered cat: snap a big scary object at it.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Panfilo posted:

*sees kids sandcastle *
*runs in a figure eight pattern in panic *

Wrong giant bird. The one that's taken over the umbrella is a cassowary.

The name is an Aboriginal word which literally translates as "murder bird".

They don't so much panic as be the cause of panic in others.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Gorilla Salad posted:

Wrong giant bird. The one that's taken over the umbrella is a cassowary.

The name is an Aboriginal word which literally translates as "murder bird".

They don't so much panic as be the cause of panic in others.

That one however is just stealing grapes

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Cassowaries are basically modern velociraptors.

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

Jamfrost posted:

Cassowaries are basically modern velociraptors.

Cassowaries are funny enough much, much larger than velociraptors, and not that much smaller than the deinonychus that Jurassic Park actually based their velociraptors on.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Truly a profile in courage.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Pretty good freude here. Fight in the classroom, teacher gets hit, so dude in the headphones steps in to stop it.

https://twitter.com/B1goingD1/status/790612252806279169

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Dick Trauma posted:

The saddest thing about there not being an afterlife is that Jack Chick will never get the realization that there isn't one.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Pretty good freude here. Fight in the classroom, teacher gets hit, so dude in the headphones steps in to stop it.

I want to buy that kid's mother a nice present

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

More football schadenfreude: my child goes to the same high school I did. A few days back, I, my wife, and our other kids were at the football game supporting our child. They were playing against the actual high school football team from the movie "Friday Night Lights", and our scrappy little high school happens to be the one that knocked them out of the playoffs last year. The other team is playing super seriously, taking a few cheap shots, and generally being dicks. Even their marching band is seriously overblown, and causes halftime to go way beyond its allotted time limits with their grand scale performance. Thanks to a couple of turnovers, the other team has managed to gain a small lead with very little time remaining in the game. In an astonishing scoring drive, featuring the same star player that helped knock them out of the playoffs last year, a last-second touchdown by our team for the victory shut them and their enormous marching band up but good. This marks the first time I've cared about the outcome of a football game, if only because they were being aggressive and risking injury to our team members needlessly.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I am proud of that boy.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Random Stranger posted:

The saddest thing about there not being an afterlife is that Jack Chick will never get the realization that there isn't one.

I'm pretty sure the universe will create a hell since it's dramatically appropriate that he goes there.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

im pooping! posted:

I'm the most subtle troll ever, I slipped a non-rivalry in there because I knew some rear end in a top hat would feel the need to correct me!

Actually no, I really thought South Carolina had a thing with Florida, but that must be because of the Spurrier thing. South Carolina got really good for a few years there and those games were a big deal, but I guess that's over with. All of these rivalries are cyclical, basically.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I've been staring at those words for like 5 minutes and I still can't figure out what that sentence is supposed to mean.

e: football chat.. Nebraska vs Oklahoma on Thanksgiving Day was the best rivalry game for like 30 years, gently caress the Big12 for killing it

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Enos Cabell posted:

I've been staring at those words for like 5 minutes and I still can't figure out what that sentence is supposed to mean.

"The teacher raised his grade and said "you owe me one", so he repaid her by flattening the guy who hit her."

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

F? B? what are these? I don't get it?????????????????

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Subjunctive posted:

"The teacher raised his grade and said "you owe me one", so he repaid her by flattening the guy who hit her."

OMG thank you. I was trying to figure out what words F and B stood for, and it was breaking my brain.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I got straight fives in school!

Weird! I got letters!

Same but mine was just pass/fail!!

Okay here's the derail it ends here

-----------------------------------------------------------

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Enos Cabell posted:

OMG thank you. I was trying to figure out what words F and B stood for, and it was breaking my brain.

I really hope you're from a country that doesn't grade on a letter system or you never went to public school because you had to help ma and pa on the farm.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
The best schadenfreude would be for Jack Chick to go to Heaven, see all the Muslims, Jews, Atheists, and DnD players there. When he goes to complain to St. Peter or whatever, he's told that pretty much everyone makes it to Heaven, Hell is not so much a fire pit as it is a north European correctional facility, and that he wasn't influential enough to be sent there.

Also he has to get a job as a pizza delivery guy and keeps getting tipped with his own tracts.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

I really hope you're from a country that doesn't grade on a letter system or you never went to public school because you had to help ma and pa on the farm.

Nope, just tired and dumb this morning!

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
http://i.imgur.com/hH4Xus8.gifv

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

freeedr posted:

More football schadenfreude: my child goes to the same high school I did. A few days back, I, my wife, and our other kids were at the football game supporting our child. They were playing against the actual high school football team from the movie "Friday Night Lights", and our scrappy little high school happens to be the one that knocked them out of the playoffs last year. The other team is playing super seriously, taking a few cheap shots, and generally being dicks. Even their marching band is seriously overblown, and causes halftime to go way beyond its allotted time limits with their grand scale performance. Thanks to a couple of turnovers, the other team has managed to gain a small lead with very little time remaining in the game. In an astonishing scoring drive, featuring the same star player that helped knock them out of the playoffs last year, a last-second touchdown by our team for the victory shut them and their enormous marching band up but good. This marks the first time I've cared about the outcome of a football game, if only because they were being aggressive and risking injury to our team members needlessly.

The schadenfreude is on me for taking the time to read this post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

I don't know what's worse, what happened, or that it's a guy filming a computer monitor with his phone :psyduck: