Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shas
Jul 27, 2011

gently caress neverreap

gently caress literally all the 60 dungeons except the most recent two, tbh. they're terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

shas posted:

gently caress neverreap

gently caress literally all the 60 dungeons except the most recent two, tbh. they're terrible.

I am quoting this because I am down.

The 3.4 dungeons are the best of the 3.x series.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

shas posted:

gently caress neverreap

Imagine what it was like when exdr was a coin toss between Neverreap and Fractal.

That's one thing I hope they change in 4.0. Having only two dungeons in exdr is terrible.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Xarbala posted:

Now Gridania, I really can't figure out what real world cultural influences are in play there. In fact, I'm not sure there's any at all.

They always made me think of taller hobbits. The elementals are even an excuse to be lazy about how much gathering work they get done.

That impression may or may not have been influenced by the music.

shas
Jul 27, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

Imagine what it was like when exdr was a coin toss between Neverreap and Fractal.

That's one thing I hope they change in 4.0. Having only two dungeons in exdr is terrible.

I LIVED THROUGH THOSE DAYS

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Is there any interest in a EU evenings group on Excal to run through Alexander and all the other HW raids? I still haven't even run the normal modes, and I'd like to eventually get around to trying Savage. :(

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Oct 25, 2016

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

shas posted:

gently caress neverreap

Arboretum is good

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

I haven't been doing much 60DR lately but Neverreap is the only one where I go 'goddammit'.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
I can't even remember the last time I ran Neverreap.

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

What? People don't like fractal? That place owns hard and is actually the best level 60 dungeon they've put out. Cool setting (which is the default for anything Allagan), lots of big pulls, and zero annoying mechanics. Apart from Curator the bosses aren't that great but at least they don't really take up so much time.

In any case, putting it in the same category as Neverreap is upsetting :(

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Fister Roboto posted:

Honestly yeah, I'd prefer if they walked back that doing more side content poo poo to get 3 dungeons again. So far the side-content has been terrible terrible or mediocre.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ornate Ironworks or 20 Mhachi Matter for three lines.

Wind Up Alisaie for two lines.

That three lines is ridiculous.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Ornate Ironworks or 20 Mhachi Matter for three lines.

Wind Up Alisaie for two lines.

That three lines is ridiculous.

Three lines is rare af, though. I do want that dress up Alisiae, though.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, it makes me annoyed at how rare the three lines is. Two lines is achievable but I'm over stressing trying to shuffle until I get something most likely because it's all just pure luck.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Jokes about Alphinaud looking like a girl will never not be funny.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

GC chat: I joined Adders last and found that the distance from aetheryte to the GC is probably the most convenient of the three, being shorter than Limsa and just slightly longer than Ul'dah but you don't need to jump over the wall. All it takes is a single sprint and you're there in 10 seconds. I have no desire to leave as I don't do pvp anymore.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

GC chat: I joined Adders last and found that the distance from aetheryte to the GC is probably the most convenient of the three, being shorter than Limsa and just slightly longer than Ul'dah but you don't need to jump over the wall. All it takes is a single sprint and you're there in 10 seconds. I have no desire to leave as I don't do pvp anymore.

Tunnel Snakes rule!

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Lemon-Lime posted:

Is there any interest in a EU evenings group on Excal to run through Alexander and all the other HW raids? I still haven't even run the normal modes, and I'd like to eventually get around to trying Savage. :(

I'm EU and have managed to run new alexander every single week with a variety of goons and pubbies. Normal mode for is very DF friendly. Same for Void Ark/Mhach (the HW 24 man casual raid) and EX trials. If all you want is to run the content then just queue up.

If you're looking to join full premade groups then yeah, EU hours suck on Excal.

Have you joined the Sunday Funday linkshell? It was originally created to run newbies through coil but currently exists mostly as a general content recruitment channel between all three free companies. If there's other general use linkshells for interguild chat I'm not aware of them. If you want to join Sunday Funday ask around in your guild for any linkshell admins to invite you.

There's also the Discord channel but I have no experience using it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The most annoying thing about xephataknfnd dungeon is that it's very hard to target the war balloon on a controller

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Fister Roboto posted:

I agree, I really want them to have 3 dungeons per patch again. 2 feels really stagnant by comparison to the 3 we used to get... and again, I really enjoy most of the level 50 dungeons except Keeper of the Lake and partially Sastasha Hard. (And Keeper's aesthetic is awesome, I just hate doing it so often due to its faults...)

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Tae posted:

The most annoying thing about xephataknfnd dungeon is that it's very hard to target the war balloon on a controller
Just keep mashing r1+r2 until its targetable

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
That's the problem, especially since I'm a ninja and need to put down doton soon. Only time I had to auto run and click with my mouse.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
It always targets the warballoon first for me when I untarget everything and then press the a button to establish a new target, although that might be because of how I always position my camera.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

chinese barbecue porp posted:

I'm EU and have managed to run new alexander every single week with a variety of goons and pubbies. Normal mode for is very DF friendly. Same for Void Ark/Mhach (the HW 24 man casual raid) and EX trials. If all you want is to run the content then just queue up.

If you're looking to join full premade groups then yeah, EU hours suck on Excal.

Have you joined the Sunday Funday linkshell? It was originally created to run newbies through coil but currently exists mostly as a general content recruitment channel between all three free companies. If there's other general use linkshells for interguild chat I'm not aware of them. If you want to join Sunday Funday ask around in your guild for any linkshell admins to invite you.

There's also the Discord channel but I have no experience using it.

I'm in the Discord but it's not very useful as a recruitment tool, more a general chat thing.

I'm not in Sunday Funday, though, I'll see if I can pop online tonight and ask for a LS invite.

And yeah, my problem is I eventually want to run Savage with goons in EU hours. :(

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Xarbala posted:

Now Gridania, I really can't figure out what real world cultural influences are in play there. In fact, I'm not sure there's any at all.

Gridania's cultural influences are Sylvanian Families toys, Ghibli movies and Aokigahara (the Japanese suicide forest)

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

CrashScreen posted:

They always made me think of taller hobbits. The elementals are even an excuse to be lazy about how much gathering work they get done.

That impression may or may not have been influenced by the music.

Since the daytime theme for Gridania is almost literally Rivendell + Hobbiton, this has always been my impression too.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I would run neverreap 7 days in a row and be happy that I didn't get ARF for 60DR.

Not even kidding.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

The Chairman posted:

Aokigahara (the Japanese suicide forest)

Man I watched a documentary on that once, and it's still weird.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
well we just cleared a10s, was a lot of fun, lets take a look at a11s and see wh-

quote:

Marks party members with a number (1-8). Goes in order and does a slash at the odd marked people and a dash through even marked people. The boss teleports BEHIND the odd marked players and slashes towards them and knocks them back. Then the boss turns to the even marked players and dashes through them. Players are knocked back if they’re facing away from the boss. Inflicts magic vulnerability on everyone hit, so don’t get hit more than once.

hahahahaha oh no

also lol

quote:

Notes: If the marked target jumps off the map, the GA-100 will instantly cast on a person.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

boy are my arms tired posted:

well we just cleared a10s, was a lot of fun, lets take a look at a11s and see wh-

hahahahaha oh no

also lol

A11S is very explodey, yes. It's a fun fight but Cruise Chaser punishes each and every fuckup.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Fister Roboto posted:

Imagine what it was like when exdr was a coin toss between Neverreap and Neverreap.
How did nobody beat me to this fix

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

hahahahaha oh no

also lol

it sounds super bullshit but that mechanic is not actually that bad (other than being an almost guaranteed wipe if you're down even one person)

you assign three spots around the room for the first 6 people to go and then the 1/2 marked players swap positions with 7/8

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

terrified of my bathroom posted:

it sounds super bullshit but that mechanic is not actually that bad (other than being an almost guaranteed wipe if you're down even one person)

you assign three spots around the room for the first 6 people to go and then the 1/2 marked players swap positions with 7/8

yeah i was thinking it'd be one of those "looks like rear end on paper but in practice isn't that bad" deals

it just gave me flashbacks to allagan rot

gently caress allagan rot

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

hahahahaha oh no

also lol

The 1-8 slash is actually a super easy part of that fight and the hardest bit of it is making sure all 8 players are alive when he distributes the marks; if they're not, he will do the last attacks in the order to random people and at best you lose another player when they're hit a second time.

Stick a B waypoint dead south of the arena and A and C waypoint off to each side of it, along the straight lines in the pattern on the floor. Blue marked players stand in front of the waypoint, facing the centre; red marked players face their blue mark parter standing somewhere where the charge will not hit anyone else. 1-2 goes to A, 3-4 goes to C. Once you've been hit you run back to B and stay there while 5-6 and 7-8 take over your place.

So as far as an individual player is concerned it's only two things to look for: blue mark or red mark, and then the number. You get a long time to see which number you are and thus know where you're supposed to stand and when.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
in other news, is xelphatol broken for anyone else this morning? first boss just spawned the floating turret over and over again and never became targetable

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

in other news, is xelphatol broken for anyone else this morning? first boss just spawned the floating turret over and over again and never became targetable

did anybody stand under him for hot blast so his balloon got popped?

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Office Surprise Store posted:

i had no idea that was a mechanic :shepicide:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Office Surprise Store posted:

I did that dungeon for the first time yesterday and went in blind... nobody else did that so I had to figure it out on the fly. :ughh:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Is there a place to go for class rotations? Just hit 60 on MNK after only playing DRK in HW so I'm basically clueless on how to optimize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

i had no idea that was a mechanic :shepicide:

:whitewater:

• Locked thread