Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.

BattleMaster posted:

It's weird to me that a urinary catheter and an oxygen machine have connectors that can mate

I'm still trying to figure out how this happened, since they... kinda don't have connectors that can mate. A foley cath (indwelling) typically has three possible ports: a luer-lock screw-top port that requires a compatible adapter for flushing and drawing back fluid, a second luer that inflates the balloon, and a large open rubber tube where the drainage bag hooks up, which is large enough at the opening to jam your finger into if you had some weird reason to do that. I'm guessing that's where the oxygen hooked up, because oxygen hooks up with a slip-tip cath that's not compatible at all with luer systems (for good reason, as we use that system for IV lines). Plus the pt end of any oxygen hookup is like... a mask or a nasal cannula or something, which is COMPLETELY incompatible with a rubber tube.

I just can't figure out what wacko MacGuyver nonsense had to take place to get the two hooked up. Somebody had to work at that. And turn the pressure up to max, or something. I just don't understand HOW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Sounds like homicide.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

The Child Decapitator is tied with groverhaus for best goon project, with Doobie and the yeast-infected Hawaiian commune coming in second

Zyborn Clock too but injury was really very unlikely there.

doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015

by Lowtax

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I remember at least one photo of a big ol' cup of meaty paleo soup with big white chunks of lard floating in it.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Does someone have a link to that thread?

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

elise the great posted:

I'm still trying to figure out how this happened, since they... kinda don't have connectors that can mate. A foley cath (indwelling) typically has three possible ports: a luer-lock screw-top port that requires a compatible adapter for flushing and drawing back fluid, a second luer that inflates the balloon, and a large open rubber tube where the drainage bag hooks up, which is large enough at the opening to jam your finger into if you had some weird reason to do that. I'm guessing that's where the oxygen hooked up, because oxygen hooks up with a slip-tip cath that's not compatible at all with luer systems (for good reason, as we use that system for IV lines). Plus the pt end of any oxygen hookup is like... a mask or a nasal cannula or something, which is COMPLETELY incompatible with a rubber tube.

I just can't figure out what wacko MacGuyver nonsense had to take place to get the two hooked up. Somebody had to work at that. And turn the pressure up to max, or something. I just don't understand HOW

Simpler solution: someone took a normal air hose and jammed it up his dickhole.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

I legitimately felt my gut lunge to my throat just now fuckkkkk

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

elise the great posted:

Sounds like he got Hitman: Blood Moneyed, honestly.

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqts74xfyvc

Down Periscope is an underappreciated movie.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Should be the new thread title.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Jiro posted:

Should be the new thread title.

I remember seeing a hand-written warning note on a piece of equipment: "4160V THIS WILL POP YOUR rear end". Yes, 4160V indeed will do that. (Before anyone asks, 2400V * 1.73 = 4160V, 1.73 is the square root of 3.)

We had some training on a large medium-voltage drive and there was a slide that said that if the drive catches on fire, DO NOT spray water into the drive.

Three-Phase fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Oct 25, 2016

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2016/10/25/15/48/reports-of-at-least-one-dead-in-serious-dreamworld-ride-accident

Just happened, from the papers' photos it looks like the blow up raft flipped on a conveyor belt and 4 people got conveyored.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Spiteski posted:

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2016/10/25/15/48/reports-of-at-least-one-dead-in-serious-dreamworld-ride-accident

Just happened, from the papers' photos it looks like the blow up raft flipped on a conveyor belt and 4 people got conveyored.

Damnit I was reading CNN and was about to post this. That's a loving awful way to go. Especially when you're the last one in the conveyor line and just saw 3 people die, ugh.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Huh, that's both water rides at Dreamworld being closed down in the same year.

They always seemed a bit out of place honestly, what with having an entirely separate water park right next door.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olTuSpJTL2g

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
This thread has convinced me to never goto a water park again.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
I always just stay in the wave pool anyway.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Mycroft Holmes posted:

They have their best fungineers working on a way to decapitate or grind you into soup in there as well.

slap me silly
Nov 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Mycroft Holmes posted:

All you need is a wading pool, and your death may not be fast.

karoshi
Nov 4, 2008

"Can somebody mspaint eyes on the steaming packages? TIA" yeah well fuck you too buddy, this is the best you're gonna get. Is this even "work-safe"? Let's find out!

Mycroft Holmes posted:

Story time: Germany, 80s. We went a wave pool. Waves were active every 10 minutes or so. I had never been to a wave pool and was very curious about the mechanism. During the idle period I went to explore on the deep end (depth or 4-5 yards I guess). There was an opening at the bottom along the whole width of the pool, 1-1.5 yards high. The opening was closed with a "fence" of grey metallic cylindrical post, 2 inches wide, less than a foot apart. Ok, let's wait for the waves to kick in an take a close look. Siren and... waves! Let's dive! The mechanism had the effect of moving water in and out of the opening, creating a wave at the deep end that would then propagate. It also managed to suck one of my legs between the posts, which I couldn't remove during the first cycle. I panicked very much. On the next cycle I took care to not get my foot stuck between the posts and could finally resurface. The rest of the afternoon was spent in the hot water pool under the hot water waterfall, with my eyes closed.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Gorilla Salad posted:

If only for the guy who got probated by a mod for begging the guy to stop eating nothing but handfuls of lard.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

ITS HARM MINIMIZATION

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

slap me silly posted:

All you need is a wading pool, and your death may not be fast.

Family Attorney Bob Bennett posted:

"The world's less better off without Abigail Taylor," Bennett said.

The gently caress. That is some of the worst phrasing I've ever seen. How is that man allowed to practice law? How do you give a law degree to a man who uses the phrase "less better?" Surely that is some form of OSHA. :psyduck:

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How do you get probated for that!?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Low Carb Diets are good don't hate *gnaws at piece of silverskin on the back of some ribs*

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

oohhboy posted:

it was an interesting time on the forums for moderation

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

oohhboy posted:

It makes perfect sense if you see it as the mod trying to indirectly murder someone by ensuring they receive no good advice.

xergm
Sep 8, 2009

The Moon is for Sissies!

NatasDog posted:

I wonder how fast he can go before the drag on those barrels makes him pop a wheelie.

I want to see it drive through a crosswind.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

http://i.imgur.com/eQfX9nV.mp4

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i bet a koala did it

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I find it strange that the ride wouldn't have a system to detect a stuck carriage. It sounds like the occupied carriage wasn't moving very fast and if the conveyor hadn't kept pushing it would just have stopped.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Mycroft Holmes posted:

I almost died as a kid in the Lazy River. Nowhere is safe.

Rebel Blob posted:

Down Periscope is an underappreciated movie.

Hell yeah :respek:

stump collector
May 28, 2007

lol

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Spergatory posted:

It makes perfect sense if you see it as the mod trying to indirectly murder someone by ensuring they receive no good advice.

If they really wanted to lose weight they should try acid.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Collateral Damage posted:

I find it strange that the ride wouldn't have a system to detect a stuck carriage. It sounds like the occupied carriage wasn't moving very fast and if the conveyor hadn't kept pushing it would just have stopped.
I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the normal (not necessarily official, but normal) procedure for a stuck raft was to bump it with another raft.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

god knows what's under those sheets. or liveleak eventually.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

VectorSigma posted:

god knows what's under those sheets. or liveleak eventually.

It didn't flip all the way over? So the people on the bottom half just sat on their backs under a shallow bit of water, strapped in securely, and drowned?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
I love those rides but if there was even a hint of some kind of issue I'd have my seatbelt unbuckled in a heartbeat. They're only in there so you don't get thrown out during the ride but they're so god drat slow and I'm sure the water is only a couple of feet deep.