Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Facebook Aunt posted:

Skeletons are our friends.

There's a little skeleton inside us all. Very inspiring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Picnic Princess posted:

Excuse me, I'm actually pretty big-skeletoned.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

RyokoTK posted:

Excuse me, I'm actually pretty big-skeletoned.

:hfive: Big skeleton bros, mine's almost as big as I am!

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Picnic Princess posted:

Untrue; I went to Munigant and cured me of that affliction.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Picnic Princess posted:

I think there's like, at least three full size skeletons in me.

I'm on the left

Axxslinger
Jun 9, 2004
somethingawful account

Evilreaver posted:

My dear sweet ma found a deer skull in the forest while on a hike and said "ooh, this will look nice as a conversation piece" and brought it home. In order to disinfect it (safety first! :eng101:) she boiled it in a huge pot for some hours.

The smell was... pretty bad. "Take a weekend vacation with the windows open" bad.

A common rookie mistake, boiling is a nightmare. next time go with the beetles
http://vertebrates.si.edu/opl/busy_beetles.html

Available now!
http://flesheatingbeetles.com/

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Axxslinger posted:

A common rookie mistake, boiling is a nightmare. next time go with the beetles
http://vertebrates.si.edu/opl/busy_beetles.html

Available now!
http://flesheatingbeetles.com/

Yep, flesh eating beetles is the preferred skeleton cleaning method because those little guys are thorough.

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005

"hmmm... Forecast calls for rain."

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

MisterBibs posted:

Untrue; I went to Munigant and cured me of that affliction.

Holy poo poo, I've been thinking about this short story for YEARS but couldn't remember any specifics.

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

Kwyndig posted:

Yep, flesh eating beetles is the preferred skeleton cleaning method because those little guys are thorough.

Haha yeah that led me to this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy_cGLoAgw4

The lead up to putting it into the beetle tank is pretty great. Probably not something to watch right before you eat.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Gesundheit.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Is this Horrock's? It looks very familiar.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

DustyNuts posted:

Haha yeah that led me to this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy_cGLoAgw4

The lead up to putting it into the beetle tank is pretty great. Probably not something to watch right before you eat.
Blasting out a deer brain with an air hose seems like a really good way to get a lungfull of CJD prions.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka
Just a squid, grill that poo poo up mang

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

can't you just hoard newspapers like everyone else?

PYF Funny Pictures: can't you just hoard newspapers like everyone else?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

my dad irl

CapitanGarlic
Feb 29, 2004

Much, much more.

All the quotes about the Immovable Patron, and not a single acknowledgement of the dastardly Phantom Hand

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Knormal posted:

Blasting out a deer brain with an air hose seems like a really good way to get a lungfull of CJD prions.

It's been identified as a bad thing for workers in a slaughterhouse who did the same thing with pig heads.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_inflammatory_neuropathy

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

am I late to the list of skeletons page?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
What about dead gay f-

oh.

e: how did this post leap like way the gently caress over here!?

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 16:41 on Oct 25, 2016

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

Did somebody say skeletons???

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Pffft, this is the elk equivalent of walking aorund with your old high school football trophies. We get it, you won that fight dude. Put the head down, it's been months.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

Phlegmish posted:

I've always wondered about this, I just assumed their hair just naturally changed shape as they grew older. Thank you, Facebook Aunt.

I could never really figure out the whole old lady fro thing. If MY WIFE is anything like her mom, she'll just have straight white hair and resting bitch face. She has to put up with cranky old me, so joke's on her! :toot:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I heart bacon posted:

I could never really figure out the whole old lady fro thing. If MY WIFE is anything like her mom, she'll just have straight white hair and resting bitch face. She has to put up with cranky old me, so joke's on her! :toot:

Yeah, but her mom is what, 60? By the time you get to 80 most white ladies have the fro or a wig. Left to nature white women end up looking like this:

Whiskers included.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
That's not a bad deal tho

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

Facebook Aunt posted:

Yeah, but her mom is what, 60? By the time you get to 80 most white ladies have the fro or a wig. Left to nature white women end up looking like this:

Whiskers included.

She's not white.

Gruffalo Soldier
Feb 23, 2013

England.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxM9DcPwJ4c

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I heart bacon posted:

She's not white.

Liver spots.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

The New York Times
Mar 2, 2013

Call
1-800-NYTIMES for FREE home delivery
This is pyf dad skeleton collections, right? Because my dad has a box on his shelf, but it contains two intermingled human remains. I mean, like everyone else has, right? As part of a failed business venture he bought a shipping container of antiques from Europe and deep in the back was this old moldy police evidence box. Spoiler alert- it has bones in it. Creepy, crusty broken ones, not some bleached rear end collector poo poo. Bad vibes all around.

Welp, that's my story, thanks for listening

E- wait, listening or reading? Is this a podcast or a forum I can never get it straight.

The New York Times has a new favorite as of 04:39 on Oct 26, 2016

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

My dad had a full human skeleton all wired up and articulated because he used his doctor connections and scored it from a school or something that was replacing it with a less worn down skeleton.

We called him Curly, and for a while my older sister kept him buckled in to the passenger seat of her car because it always got funny reactions from the staff of her high school.

Then one year we put him out on our front porch on a lawn chair as part of our Halloween decorations but that lasted about a day before one of our dogs grabbed his tibia and drug the whole skeleton around while we all had to chase him down. So after that we gave him a tasteful burial under the same tree we buried all of our pets.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Internet Wizard posted:

My dad had a full human skeleton all wired up and articulated because he used his doctor connections and scored it from a school or something that was replacing it with a less worn down skeleton.

We called him Curly, and for a while my older sister kept him buckled in to the passenger seat of her car because it always got funny reactions from the staff of her high school.

Then one year we put him out on our front porch on a lawn chair as part of our Halloween decorations but that lasted about a day before one of our dogs grabbed his tibia and drug the whole skeleton around while we all had to chase him down. So after that we gave him a tasteful burial under the same tree we buried all of our pets.

I bet his ghost just stood under that tree and waved sadly when you moved away. He probably misses you.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Internet Wizard posted:

So after that we gave him a tasteful burial under the same tree we buried all of our pets.

What did you do with the damaged articulated human skeleton?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It's really hard to get a real articulated human skeleton anymore, most of the ones you encounter these days are replicas made of resin, plastic, or vinyl. Honestly for educational purposes a replica is probably better, since you don't have to deal with damaged bones or missing bits that are more common in actual human skeletons for sale.

Also there's the whole macabre aspect of keeping the remains of a human being in your classroom/house. Then there's the various laws concerning the disposal of human remains when you no longer want to keep a dude's bones around.

So I hope Curly was a replica, otherwise there's going to be some really confused diggers if somebody ever gets rid of that tree.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
My uncle Charlie kept skeletons in his shed. Also people. Til one grim November morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Are people still taking about skeletons their dad's have? My dad has 2 human skulls grandpa left him in a plastic bin in storage and part of a tail bone (it's wired together mostly) I saw it when I was 9 or 10 and got in tons of trouble for snooping around in poo poo. Sorry I don't have a picture but I don't understand why so many dad's have skeletons???

• Locked thread