Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I'm not the best player around, since even T3 is sometimes enough challenge for me. (my level is 65 or so.) But I haven't played in a while, and even I don't remember T3 being that hard before on my necro. Just did Uncategorized and Volcanic. I could of course chalk it up on mediocre groups, but since there's been nerfs, I might be a culprit too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
In my experience T3 is often harder than T4 just because of how much worse the pubs tend to be.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Is this game still bad?

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Digital_Jesus posted:

Is this game still bad?

Maybe. Compared to when?

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Yes, go away.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Magres posted:

Viper Necro not being competitive in raids anymore hasn't changed the fact that it's braindead easy and safe to do fractals with it. You'll just take like 30% longer to get your fractals done than you would have before. Nothing has changed about it being incredibly safe and reliable in any situation that doesn't involve an enrage timer.
Sure, but going from pretty decent DPS to plain bad DPS is a big hit, and judging from LFG I'm not the only one who has decided to go with more efficient classes. I used to do fractals on ele before the necro meta was a thing, and the last few days has been much worse than back then.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

tyblazitar posted:

Sure, but going from pretty decent DPS to plain bad DPS is a big hit, and judging from LFG I'm not the only one who has decided to go with more efficient classes. I used to do fractals on ele before the necro meta was a thing, and the last few days has been much worse than back then.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that hamsters died without a healer in about 30 seconds pre-patch. If that's true, not much has changed for 5 Necro because your rats are dying in a similar timeframe pre and post patch. I've done 5 Necro groups since patch and it was fine. :shrug:

Magres fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Oct 23, 2016

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Magres posted:

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that hamsters died without a healer in about 30 seconds pre-patch. If that's true, not much has changed for 5 Necro because your rats are dying in a similar timeframe pre and post patch. I've done 5 Necro groups since patch and it was fine. :shrug:

When I'm referring to the necro meta, I'm talking about the 4 necro 1 druid meta.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

tyblazitar posted:

When I'm referring to the necro meta, I'm talking about the 4 necro 1 druid meta.

Fair, I was thinking 5 Necro because I saw 5 Necro more often than 4 Necro 1 Druid :shrug:

Doesn't change that Necro isn't still incredibly good for clearing fractals without thinking too hard. If people are incapable of clearing T4s on Necro post-patch it's because they're bad, not because the class's DPS got hit hard.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

tyblazitar posted:

I used to squeeze into quad Necro groups as the healbot Tempest pre-patch, just like Druids. Now there's a clear divide between the condi groups and the power groups.

Ultimately something has to change about Epidemic before this condi meta can actually get balanced.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
I'm not sure what kind of armor wouldn't be disappointing for the legendary tier, but I do like the idea of stuff that moves contextually vs. stuff that's lighting up my screen all the time or being otherwise obnoxious.

It does look super busy, though.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I always imagined Legendary armor as six individual pieces, each with its own obnoxious particle effects. Anyone crazy enough to craft and wear a full set would just be a kaleidoscopic cloud of light with no discernible features.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

I hope it clips incredibly badly if you only wear parts of it.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
I hope one part is completely covered by other parts.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I always imagined Legendary armor as six individual pieces, each with its own obnoxious particle effects. Anyone crazy enough to craft and wear a full set would just be a kaleidoscopic cloud of light with no discernible features.

you should schedule a meeting with Demaga from GOON

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Light armor should be a robe that transforms into a bikini in combat.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

gandlethorpe posted:

Light armor should be a robe that transforms into a bikini in combat.

should just be a bikini that has a glow

e: several glows

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
School uniform that transforms into magical girl outfit.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Medium should encase you in a leather and rubber gimp suit that makes squeaking noises when you move or attack

also add a filter to all character speech so it sounds muffled

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Good work tonight, goons. I'm so proud. :patriot:

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Schpyder posted:

Good work tonight, goons. I'm so proud. :patriot:

magnificent

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

so many dead

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
Do we know if there's going to be another expansion?

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Yup

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

you are now haunted, you must send this to at least 5 people to break the curse

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
Dev on the oforums started a thread regarding material storage, and the possibility of adding more items to what we can deposit into said storage.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/What-s-Missing-from-Material-Storage/first#post6377099

Lookin' forward to clearing like 10+ bank slots after this goes through in 2019

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:

Spine chilling

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

don't stay safe, asura ghost

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Sorry to see that your asura bricked itself.

Kassad fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Oct 25, 2016

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
Someone pointed out the new bloodstone glider is actually just the bloodstone longbow's model with a few little details added and priced at 500 gems. That's the classic laziness I've come to expect from Arenanet.

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
New Mirror works like the magic carpet toy, but it has a starry sky and a spooky moon in it!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Redmanred posted:

New Mirror works like the magic carpet toy, but it has a starry sky and a spooky moon in it!

Oh my god why can we not use these as gliders, it would be the coolest hoverboard

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan

CLAM DOWN posted:

Oh my god why can we not use these as gliders, it would be the coolest hoverboard

I didn't get it in a screenshot but it leaves spooky starry night trails behind it.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Redmanred posted:

I didn't get it in a screenshot but it leaves spooky starry night trails behind it.

why are you not taking a screenshot of this for me right now

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Hey, look at that weird mirror.

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

CLAM DOWN posted:

why are you not taking a screenshot of this for me right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6DxvHpFjpk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU