Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I still claim Transformers Prime was a really good show.
A lot of people liked the Aquabats Super Show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Back when it was Discovery Kids, I had a real soft-spot for Time Warp Trio and Tutenstein

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

nerdman42 posted:

Back when it was Discovery Kids, I had a real soft-spot for Time Warp Trio and Tutenstein

Wait, what is it now? drat, that network changes quick.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

TwoPair posted:

Wait, what is it now? drat, that network changes quick.

Discovery Family

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Speaking of GI Joetalk, anyone remember the gritty tactireal softboot webisode miniseries that was released in like 2009? The one where Storm Shadow and Snakeyes fight to the death and they kill Hawk and nuke the command carrier or something?

That was one weird series. Like some Ritalin addled GI Fan grew up and said 'lets make it just like the cheesy show I grew up watching but add BLOODTITS KILLSPLODING :kheldragar:

Surprised they didn't try for a GI Joe show to accompany Rise of Cobra. Or a GI Joe Xtreme sequel.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

achillesforever6 posted:

I think the only good thing to come from the Hub was Dan Vs, unless I forgetting some other shows

:highfive:

Dan VS was great.

And while it wasn't new, I thought it was pretty cool that they decided to play episodes of Conan The Adventurer. Had no idea they owned the rights to it, let alone cared enough about it to put it back on air.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

FilthyImp posted:

Speaking of GI Joetalk, anyone remember the gritty tactireal softboot webisode miniseries that was released in like 2009? The one where Storm Shadow and Snakeyes fight to the death and they kill Hawk and nuke the command carrier or something?

That was one weird series. Like some Ritalin addled GI Fan grew up and said 'lets make it just like the cheesy show I grew up watching but add BLOODTITS KILLSPLODING :kheldragar:

Surprised they didn't try for a GI Joe show to accompany Rise of Cobra. Or a GI Joe Xtreme sequel.

Yeah, I remember Resolute. I thought it was alright,mostly for Charlie Adler as CC. That was the only decent part of Renegades for me. Also, the guy who got killed was Bazooka,you peasant. :colbert:

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

Hemingway To Go! posted:

They worked so hard for so long to finally get a TV show and it was really good! I'm not counting Yo Gabba Gabba even Christian Jacobs (bat commander) was the main force behind it and that was also really good.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

achillesforever6 posted:

I think the only good thing to come from the Hub was Dan Vs, unless I forgetting some other shows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYlafjh0qak

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Waffleman_ posted:

J-Jesus, Gumball.

That montage man. That was great.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I may need to watch all other episodes of gumball now. That was really incredible.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Hemingway To Go! posted:

I still claim Transformers Prime was a really good show.

At the very least, Prime had the best Starscream and Arcee.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

DoubleCakes posted:

At the very least, Prime had the best Starscream and Arcee.
And the worst Ultra Magnus,to balance it out. Yes,even worse than Mr."Can't deal with it right now" in G1 or Mr. Doesn't do Anything in Animated. He's just a prick.

Then RiD'15 happened and turned him into a corrupt bureaucrat. At least, that's what I remember,that show hurts my brain to even watch it.

And at least Prime had (mostly) decent human characters. The ones in RiD'15 are pretty much non-entities. RiD is bad,is what I'm getting at.

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Oct 14, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

cant cook creole bream posted:

I may need to watch all other episodes of gumball now. That was really incredible.

Gumball is really good, and despite being one of the higher-rated shows on CN, people don't talk about it as much as they should.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Last time Regular Show came up here, people were talking about how it hadn't changed much. I...think that's changed.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Waffleman_ posted:

Gumball is really good, and despite being one of the higher-rated shows on CN, people don't talk about it as much as they should.

I do appreciate how it's a ribald sex comedy that is somehow also a children's cartoon.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I like how one episode had a character named Mr. White disguised as just Heisenberg.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

Discovery Family

Wait, I thought it was still the Hub.

That channel does change a lot dang.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Waffleman_ posted:

J-Jesus, Gumball.

That was a really great episode :3:

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

ManlyGrunting posted:

That was a really great episode :3:

It really was

Here's the ending for people who need to be convinced to watch the show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkEgUf-Sd00

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Gumball is a good show now, but man did it have a lot of rough episodes in the first two seasons(like I'd legitimately suggest skipping over most of season 1, and at least a third of season 2)

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife
I remember watching Gumball at its debut and thinking it had room to grow but wasn't anything special and went back to RS and AT.

Then I blinked, it was 2013 or so, and the thing skyrocketed into one of the best cartoons of the last few decades.

The series' turning point was the one with Dodg or Darr, right?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The turning point was the one where Richard gets a job. Dodj or Darr was fairly far in.

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife

glam rock hamhock posted:

The turning point was the one where Richard gets a job. Dodj or Darr was fairly far in.

You're right. That one was stellar.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
So if I wanted to get into it, where ought I to start?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
The episode of Clarence where he makes a friend over the phone is cute.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I legitimately believe Gumball is, on the whole, the best cartoon ever produced. It's pretty much everything a cartoon should be, to the highest quality.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

VolticSurge posted:

Yeah, I remember Resolute. I thought it was alright,mostly for Charlie Adler as CC. That was the only decent part of Renegades for me. Also, the guy who got killed was Bazooka,you peasant. :colbert:

Wait, there was more than one episode of that? I thought it was just a one shot, I remember seeing it in like 2006.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Rand Brittain posted:

So if I wanted to get into it, where ought I to start?

I stated with season 3, then later went back to the earlier seasons once I was hooked. Worked for me well enough.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Gumball fukkin owns and I'm happy to say the end of The Origins made me seriously tear up.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Krunge posted:

I legitimately believe Gumball is, on the whole, the best cartoon ever produced. It's pretty much everything a cartoon should be, to the highest quality.

I guess it depends on what you're looking for in a cartoon. I enjoy Gumball well enough, but still prefer cartoons with an overarching plot and character development.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Gumball's plot is how meta can you make a cartoon before it breaks and so far it hasn't turned quite into an ouroboros yet.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

raditts posted:

Wait, there was more than one episode of that? I thought it was just a one shot, I remember seeing it in like 2006.

Resolute was an 11-episode miniseries,with Renegades being set in a completely different universe and having at least one full season (somehow). The only thing they have in common is Charlie Adler being a pretty kickass Cobra Commander. Otherwise,there's lots of dumb poo poo in Renegades,even putting the A-Team stuff aside- Stuff like the lamest incarnation of Storm Shadow ever, a Joe basically becoming a Zoanoid from Guyver (no kidding), the lamest incarnation of Dr.Mindbender ever, and Flint (my fav Joe) being a dumb rear end in a top hat meathead for no reason. Those are my biggest complaints about the show,but there's tons more I didn't list.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

Gaunab posted:

The episode of Clarence where he makes a friend over the phone is cute.

It really is :kimchi:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

VolticSurge posted:

Resolute was an 11-episode miniseries,with Renegades being set in a completely different universe and having at least one full season (somehow). The only thing they have in common is Charlie Adler being a pretty kickass Cobra Commander. Otherwise,there's lots of dumb poo poo in Renegades,even putting the A-Team stuff aside- Stuff like the lamest incarnation of Storm Shadow ever, a Joe basically becoming a Zoanoid from Guyver (no kidding), the lamest incarnation of Dr.Mindbender ever, and Flint (my fav Joe) being a dumb rear end in a top hat meathead for no reason. Those are my biggest complaints about the show,but there's tons more I didn't list.

I know there's a difference between Resolute and Renegades. I just never knew there was more than one episode of Resolute, I guess I only ever saw the first episode. All this time I thought it was just a DTV movie.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

New episodes of Clarence are coming in November, following the Summer of Steven and Regular Show in Space model of a new episode every weekday, so I guess this is just how CN's doing it now.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

raditts posted:

I know there's a difference between Resolute and Renegades. I just never knew there was more than one episode of Resolute, I guess I only ever saw the first episode. All this time I thought it was just a DTV movie.

Technically,it is also a movie-they just crammed the episodes together. Which is why there are cuts/scene transitions that feel a tad awkward,like there's supposed to be a "To Be Continued" in certain spots.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

New episodes of Clarence are coming in November, following the Summer of Steven and Regular Show in Space model of a new episode every weekday, so I guess this is just how CN's doing it now.

If it's the case that no one really cares about premiers on tv, then dumping then like that is probably better than weekly.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, I think Teen Titans and Gumball get away with it because they're consistently high performers anyway and Mighty Magiswords still has that new show smell on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I liked the Latest Ster Vs the Forces of Evil. Spider with a Top Hat and a laser cannon is the best character. I also like that none of the other spells take advantage of him, they all like him for who he is and what he brings to the table even if it is just a wakeup call and a welcome home each day :3: Also Star dressing as Ludo for Halloween was super cute.