Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
This thing reminds me of that terrible promotion that signed wrestlers to contracts, promised a bunch of industry changing benefits and never ran a single show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Call Me Charlie posted:

This thing reminds me of that terrible promotion that signed wrestlers to contracts, promised a bunch of industry changing benefits and never ran a single show.

Wasn't it like H2 or something

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

EugeneJ posted:

Wasn't it like H2 or something

THE SHOW ENTERS WHEN THE FANS ENTER THE BUILDIGN!!!@!@!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

was H2 the Teddy Hart and Court Bauer promotion that Ted flamed out of before the first show

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
yup. i don't think tickets even went on sale.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

“I’ve always prided myself on having the balls to say what I feel is right and wrong about the wrestling business. What comes out of my mouth is the gospel truth. And the business is full of chicken shits and cowards. H2 was created so no one could censor Ted Hart. Due to my comments on the internet radio show, I’ve been censored. Public notice yestyerday that Ted Hart has lost his position in H2 and for all you internet loving retards, Ted Hart is H2 and because all you ungreatful mother fuckers thought you were so smart. How smart are you now? H2 is over! You cannot demote Vince McMahon. You’re not going to demote Ted Hart. All I tried to do is give you another show and entertainment. But, you poo poo on me, so now I am making GBS threads on you. Now H2 is demoted to MLW status. And tell the world that my special guest will be accompaning me to the ring whether or not the world like it. Do any of you smarks remember the word “Matrats”? Check tomorrow. There will be no more H2.”

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?showtopic=54368&st=60

quote:

On June 26, 2004 for the first main event in the history of H2 Pro-Wrestling, two of the people's greatest will wrestle to determine who the best truly is. The grounds for this battle will be a one-on-one best of three match series where the winner will be the next in a long line of Opera Cup championship winners, which includes: Jim Londos (1933 winner), Ed Don George (1935 winner), George Lurich (1915 winner), Stu Hart, and many others. The second match of a possible three match series will occur July 31st back at the Roxy in Boston, MA.

In addition to winning the Opera Cup, the winner will receive a check for $2,500 (USD) and ranked the number one seed for the heavyweight championship tournament held later this year.

The competitors for this one-on-one encounter will be determined by you, the fan via fan votes. The two H2 superstars with the most votes will be signed to compete for the above prize. Starting May 27th and ending on May 30th at midnight, fans can e-mail H2 Pro-Wrestling at: Opera.Cup@H2Wrestling.com to decide who will battle to claim the rights as the best in H2. Note: You may only pick from the active list of H2 Superstars on the H2 roster page:

About the Opera Cup:
Held annually for nearly 50 years at various turn-of-the-century opera house locations from New York City to Boston, the Professional Wrestling Opera House Cup was a grueling multi-day tournament that was based around a complicated round robin system (which H2 hopes to bring back down the road). The best of the day competed in the tournament and would often be an entree to more success, including the World Heavyweight Championship of the day. For years the cup has sat in the attic of the Hart Mansion in Calgary until the tragic passing of the last cup recipient, Stu Hart (1948 winner). Ted Hart inherited the Opera House Trophy Cup upon the passing of his grandfather. Inspired by the legends whose names are immortalized in plaques on the sides of the cup, Hart has donated the cup to H2 Pro-Wrestling to reignite the spirit of the greats who preceded today and tomorrow's greats.

The Professional Wrestling Opera House Cup is dedicated to the great men who have fought valiantly before us to ensure our passion, professional wrestling be cemented and respected in the annals of time.

Was the Opera Cup a real thing or did Teddy make the story up?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

oatgan posted:

“I’ve always prided myself on having the balls to say what I feel is right and wrong about the wrestling business. What comes out of my mouth is the gospel truth. And the business is full of chicken shits and cowards. H2 was created so no one could censor Ted Hart. Due to my comments on the internet radio show, I’ve been censored. Public notice yestyerday that Ted Hart has lost his position in H2 and for all you internet loving retards, Ted Hart is H2 and because all you ungreatful mother fuckers thought you were so smart. How smart are you now? H2 is over! You cannot demote Vince McMahon. You’re not going to demote Ted Hart. All I tried to do is give you another show and entertainment. But, you poo poo on me, so now I am making GBS threads on you. Now H2 is demoted to MLW status. And tell the world that my special guest will be accompaning me to the ring whether or not the world like it. Do any of you smarks remember the word “Matrats”? Check tomorrow. There will be no more H2.”

Sounds like H2 was just too real for this f***ed up world.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

because tournaments are the thing everyone does now PWX in North Carolina just started announcing names for the X16 on November 19th and 20th

Tracer X
Trevor Lee
Jason Cade
Darius Lockhart
Davey Richards
James Drake
Ethan Case
Anthony Henry
Martin Stone
Zack Sabre Jr
Matt Riddle

PWX is good and these shows would make a great jumping on point. Good mix of local guys and Names. If you live in the area check them out!

p.s. book Jason Cade

oatgan fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Oct 25, 2016

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

oatgan posted:

because tournaments are the thing everyone does now PWX in North Carolina just started announcing names for the X16 on November 19th and 20th

Tracer X
Trevor Lee
Jason Cade
Darius Lockhart
Davey Richards
James Drake
Ethan Case
Anthony Henry
Martin Stone
Zack Sabre Jr
Matt Riddle

PWX is good and these shows would make a great jumping on point. Good mix of local guys and Names. If you live in the area check them out!

p.s. book Jason Cade

debating making the trip up to Charlotte for this.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
You get to experience The Davey Promo in person, what's not to love?

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

I may drive to Charlotte to do that, since now that I'm in Nashville I think my local indie is TNA

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I'm glad TNA hired Davey Richards so I never have to see him again

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

triplexpac posted:

I'm glad TNA hired Davey Richards so I never have to see him again

what the hell

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bard Maddox posted:

what the hell

he's kinda poo poo. All his big matches in ROH were just him doing moves off the Dynamite Kid rolodex. And now that him and Eddie have matching stupid tattoos, its best they fall into TNA's black hole of debt and basement tier TV stations.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Eddie is still good free eddie

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

coconono posted:

he's kinda poo poo. All his big matches in ROH were just him doing moves off the Dynamite Kid rolodex. And now that him and Eddie have matching stupid tattoos, its best they fall into TNA's black hole of debt and basement tier TV stations.

That's paint not tattoos

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

Eddie is still good free eddie

Eddie was always the better wolfeverything

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

oatgan posted:

That's paint not tattoos

Oh thank god

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

coconono posted:

what the hell???

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Davey Richards is good and every wrestler these days just does moves off <other wrestler's rolodex>

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Selling the wolves to a charnel house and then breaking a leg so as to not even be around as it slowly disintegrates was perfect. I can't wait to see how Davey Richards owns himself next.*

* "can't wait to see" is a figure of speech, I will not be following Davey Richards' path of humiliation, I will be waiting to hear about it.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Oct 25, 2016

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Shine 37 and Evolve 71 are up on Floslam.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
when is gabe gonna announce the Evolve 72 card so I can decide whether to bother going

I think I'm gonna get GA tickets, anyone been to La Boom for a show before? I'm gonna try to convince my roommate to come with me day of the show, but he's not a tall dude, and I'd feel bad if he couldn't see the action

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

abraham linksys posted:

when is gabe gonna announce the Evolve 72 card so I can decide whether to bother going

I think I'm gonna get GA tickets, anyone been to La Boom for a show before? I'm gonna try to convince my roommate to come with me day of the show, but he's not a tall dude, and I'd feel bad if he couldn't see the action

EVOLVE 72 - November 12th - Queens, NY - 6:30pm EDT - Tix & Info

Grudge Match #1
EVOLVE Tag Team Champion Drew Galloway vs. Matt Riddle

Grudge Match #2
Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Ethan Page

Anything Goes Match
EVOLVE Tag Team Champion DUSTIN vs. Drew Gulak

Special Challenge Match
Chris Hero vs. Tracy Williams

Plus More To Be Signed With:

-EVOLVE Champion Timothy Thatcher
-Tony Nese
-Fred Yehi
-Darby Allin
-Plus more to be added!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
oh lol I was looking at http://www.dgusa.tv/events/evolve-72 which only has a list of some people attending

that doesn't seem like a great card so far. IIRC it had Ricochet on it originally but he had to pull out for some reason?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Beyond posted a dozen free Bryan Fury and John Silver matches on youtube.

Fury vs. Eddie Edwards, Dijak (not the Fete match), Sasha Banks! and more
Silver vs. Riddle, Keith Lee, Lio Rush and more

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

all of those John Silver matches are cool especially the Keith Lee one

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Here's the card so far for November 6th in Providence:

Matches Announced for #TournamentForToday Round 1 - 2:00pm Start Time

*Round 1*
Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Keith Lee (Beyond Wrestling)

*Round 1*
Donovan Dijak vs. John Silver (Beyond Wrestling)

*Round 1*
Matthew Riddle vs. Chris Dickinson (Beyond Wrestling)

*Round 1*
Jonathan Gresham vs. Jaka (Beyond Wrestling)

*Round 1*
Kimber Lee vs. Sonya Strong (Women's Wrestling Revolution)

*Round 1*
Deonna Purrazzo vs. Alexxis (Women's Wrestling Revolution)

*Round 1*
Jessicka Havok vs. Veda Scott (Women's Wrestling Revolution)

*Round 1*
Taeler Hendrix vs. LuFisto (Women's Wrestling Revolution)

*Grudge Match*
Chris Hero vs. Brian Milonas

*Open Challenge*
Da Hit Squad (Danny "Mafia" Maff & Steve "Monsta" Mack) vs. ???

Matches Announced for #TournamentForToday Finals - 6:00pm Start Time

*Six-Man Tag Team Match*
Gentleman's Club (Chuck Taylor, Drew Gulak, Orange Cassidy) vs. Team Pazuzu (Mike Draztik, Angel Ortiz, Pinkie Sanchez)

*Final Time Ever*
Brian Fury vs. Warbeard Hanson

*Tournament Alternates Collide*
Tracy Williams vs. Joey Janela with Penelope Ford

*Beyond Wrestling Finals*
??? vs. ??? (Beyond Wrestling)

*Women's Wrestling Revolution Finals*
??? vs. ??? (Women's Wrestling Revolution)

*Beyond Wrestling Semi-Final Match 1*

*Beyond Wrestling Semi-Final Match 2*

*Women's Wrestling Revolution Semi-Final Match 1*

*Women's Wrestling Revolution Semi-Final Match 1*

Scheduled To Compete At #TournamentForToday Finals

Belmont with Sammi Lane
"Callihan Death Machine" Sami Callihan
Davienne
Massage NV (Dorian Graves & VSK)
Miranda Vionette
Scarlet & Graves (Dave Crist, Dezmond Xavier, Zachary Wentz)
Solo Darling
Team Sea Stars (Delmi Exo & Ashley Vox)

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
John Silver is really good and I miss watching him

He got a surprisingly fun singles match out of Brian Cage, for god's sake

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Da Hit Squad is still a thing? Weird. Is the Christopher Street Connection still around?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

triplexpac posted:

Da Hit Squad is still a thing? Weird. Is the Christopher Street Connection still around?

Bring back special k.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

The_Rob posted:

Bring back special k.

Cheech and Cloudy are still going strong. I've seen them a few times at Alpha-1 in Hamilton and I think they're still working AIW and smaller indies, although not teaming together.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I miss the Submission Squad.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Gary Jay is a lot better than he used to be and still works

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

triplexpac posted:

Da Hit Squad is still a thing?

I watched them wrestle War Machine.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

The_Rob posted:

Bring back carnage crew

fyp

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

gently caress your poncho, indeed

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Freelance Wrestling is doing another livestream in about 20 minutes. The shows cost $5 and the main event is Lio Rush vs Mustafa Ali which should be killer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

oatgan posted:

Gary Jay is a lot better than he used to be and still works

I think Gary Jay just retired from wrestling this week.