Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Aphrodite posted:

If he's already posting them to Twitter, it saves a step.

Exactly. I do tweet about them to friends as well on there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Reinanigans posted:

Counterpoint: World of Nintendo toys look like poo poo.

Most of the time their paint is a miss but WW Link is solid:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Yay! Spooktacular has started! Booooooo I missed the first code!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Goddammit, the Action Figure crack drive has reignited in me because of recent events...

How dumb an idea would it be to grab the Figma Samus (in suit) and Skyward Sword Link? I was honestly hoping for an OoT or LoZ Link (not that keen on the LBW Link), but the SS one is pretty drat close to OoT, just wish he was in the blue tunic. Also, there's some new Samus figure coming out but I'm not sure what the difference is? If I had to go for one, I'd want whichever is closest to Super Metroid/Metroid Prime 1 as possible (not Phazon suit, just with Varia + Gravity or I guess just Varia would be okay)... should I just hold off and wait for the new one?

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Before I try eBay, is anyone here interested in Star Wars Black Series figures? I have a ton that I'm looking to sell. I can make up a list later tonight, but I have plenty of the old figures, like Darth Maul, Boba Fett, Anakin, R2-D2. All mint, just displayed on my shelves, I'd sell them at fair prices to fellow goons. You can PM me for details or write me nousernamesareleft at yahoo.com

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I'll take Darth Maul if you don't mind.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fuzz posted:

Goddammit, the Action Figure crack drive has reignited in me because of recent events...

How dumb an idea would it be to grab the Figma Samus (in suit) and Skyward Sword Link? I was honestly hoping for an OoT or LoZ Link (not that keen on the LBW Link), but the SS one is pretty drat close to OoT, just wish he was in the blue tunic. Also, there's some new Samus figure coming out but I'm not sure what the difference is? If I had to go for one, I'd want whichever is closest to Super Metroid/Metroid Prime 1 as possible (not Phazon suit, just with Varia + Gravity or I guess just Varia would be okay)... should I just hold off and wait for the new one?

I just had to pay like $120 US to get a Samus, so a little dumb.

You'd probably save a bit on shipping, but I'd think $100+ still.

The new Samus is bulkier because it's from the less sexualized Prime 3 instead of Other M. But it will probably be a while still.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Louisgod posted:

I'll take Darth Maul if you don't mind.

He's yours. I'll be in touch soon. Thanks!

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

ultraviolence123 posted:

Before I try eBay, is anyone here interested in Star Wars Black Series figures? I have a ton that I'm looking to sell. I can make up a list later tonight, but I have plenty of the old figures, like Darth Maul, Boba Fett, Anakin, R2-D2. All mint, just displayed on my shelves, I'd sell them at fair prices to fellow goons. You can PM me for details or write me nousernamesareleft at yahoo.com

Definitely interested in a list. I've got all of those you listed in the post, but still missed some of the earlier stuff from the line.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The only figures I kinda want, is maybe a Darth Vader and a Bespin Luke. Or maybe the ROTJ Luke. I dunno.

But if you have them let me know.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

ultraviolence123 posted:

I'd take a pm with a quote for artoo...

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

I'll get a list made up soon and I'll PM those interested. Sorry for the delay with this, I should have made one up before I prayed. I spent the day at a memorial for my grandmother, and I'm a little spacey at the moment.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Im in no rush and I might not even get anything. I have no money at the moment. I'm just curious what you got.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Last call for a Black Panther. Gotta go shopping tomorrow so if no one wants him, I'll just return him.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Fuzz posted:

The new Samus is the one from Prime 3. I've had the Other M Figma for a few years now but I might be tempted to grab the Prime 3 one. Especially depending on the accessories. It's a better design than the Other M suit.

If I was starting from scratch, today, I'd wait for the new Prime 3 Figma. The Other M one is way too expensive these days.

Skyward Sword Link is still pretty affordable. If you like the design better there's a Twilight Princess Link coming out with some incredibly neat accessories, but you're probably looking at a year or more before that one hits.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If the Twilight Princess one that already has painted sculpts to show is a year off, the Prime 3 one with only a prototype has to be ages away.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

BBTS lists Twipri Link June 2017, so yeah not a year. I always forget how late in 2016 we are. He'll be out at import shops a few months before that.

Definitely the new Link will be out a lot earlier than the new Samus but the current Link is way more affordable than the current Samus, so if you want a Link now, you know, go for it.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://www.facebook.com/GeccoCorpJP/posts/1808903669354398

Oh poo poo. Bloodborne weapons.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
So, is it just me or does that Fight Prime 3 Samus look vertically stretched? The torso is ridiculously thin and the limbs almost seem too long.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Samus' recent designs all have very long limbs, but yeah I think the combination of the tiny waist and widened hips (to give the legs enough poseability I assume) really makes the torso look to small.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

TaurusOxford posted:

So, is it just me or does that Fight Prime 3 Samus look vertically stretched? The torso is ridiculously thin and the limbs almost seem too long.

I'm looking at your avatar and the proportions seem fine.

I dunno, the Other M figures are going for under $100 on Amazon, but I think I'll hold off for the Corruption one because now that I'm looking at them more closely, I like the vented shoulder pads more.

As for the Link, the TP one, while cool, doesn't really evoke that OoT/LttP comic/original LoZ kind of vibe, though the SS one does. It's the stupidest gripe, but his sword harness is clearly setup for the sword to be on the right, and it doesn't look like you can swap it... I know the rest of the figure can be left handed with the sword and shield, but still... bummer.

Was also hoping for more accessories, like a boomerang or maybe a bomb.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fuzz posted:

I dunno, the Other M figures are going for under $100 on Amazon, but I think I'll hold off for the Corruption one because now that I'm looking at them more closely, I like the vented shoulder pads more.

As for the Link, the TP one, while cool, doesn't really evoke that OoT/LttP comic/original LoZ kind of vibe, though the SS one does. It's the stupidest gripe, but his sword harness is clearly setup for the sword to be on the right, and it doesn't look like you can swap it... I know the rest of the figure can be left handed with the sword and shield, but still... bummer.

http://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/5964/figma+Link+Twilight+Princess+ver.html

It's over his left shoulder though? A sword on the back is drawn on the same side.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Fuzz posted:

If you're after the LTTP comic or old school Zelda vibe I'm surprised you don't want the LBW Link. Take off that bracelet and he's basically the manual illustrations from LTTP. Technically he should have bare legs, as the tights were only introduced in OOT but it's close enough for me. The DX version does have a bomb, hookshot, a pot with a Rupee, etc.

SS Link was right-handed but his sheath can rotate in the peg hole to be on either side. I'd expect TP Link to have a similar set-up.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Fuzz posted:

I'm looking at official artwork and rips of the in-game model and the proportions are off. I don't understand why either considering Figma Other M Samus is drat near perfect when compared to the in-game model.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

TaurusOxford posted:

I'm looking at official artwork and rips of the in-game model and the proportions are off. I don't understand why either considering Figma Other M Samus is drat near perfect when compared to the in-game model.

It's still only a prototype. They might fix the proportions before it comes out.

I think someone mentioned that Figma actually listens to fans who Tweet to them. Maybe someone will do that.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The Other M one is good enough. I don't see any need to double dip aside from collecting all variances.

After seeing Shin Godzilla I was excited to see the SH MonsterArts...

$200 US ... sold out everywhere - well preorders closed.

$350 CAD on eBay.

Why?... Oh it's 16" long and 7" high. :wow:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

http://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/5964/figma+Link+Twilight+Princess+ver.html

It's over his left shoulder though? A sword on the back is drawn on the same side.

That's TP link,not SS.

https://www.amazon.com/Good-Smile-Legend-Zelda-Discontinued/dp/B008AGAXV2

That harness clearly looks like it only goes over the right shoulder, unless that middle bit disconnects and you can somehow flip it around... doubtful, though.

purple death ray posted:

If you're after the LTTP comic or old school Zelda vibe I'm surprised you don't want the LBW Link. Take off that bracelet and he's basically the manual illustrations from LTTP. Technically he should have bare legs, as the tights were only introduced in OOT but it's close enough for me. The DX version does have a bomb, hookshot, a pot with a Rupee, etc.

SS Link was right-handed but his sheath can rotate in the peg hole to be on either side. I'd expect TP Link to have a similar set-up.

True, but ultimately the proportions are ehhh and I think aesthetically for a figure I'd rather have the OoT adult Link... Young Link would be fine, but the LBW one is just a little too oddly shaped for me... I don't have many other figures, just select stuff I like, and it would look really loving out of place next to my PAK Black Suit Spidey, PAK Boba Fett, McFarlane Spidey, random Figuarts Vegeta, and assorted other Marvel Legends (Cap, Black Spidey, Nightcrawler) figures. The Skyward Sword one is around the same height and build as the other 6" ones, so it'd be okay.

They never announced a DX version of the Skyward Sword one, huh. Really wish there was one, or even better, just a straight up Figma Majora's Mask Link with a few pieces of gear and the actual mask, because I really don't like the aesthetic of that Nintendoroid one with the weird SD proportions.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Oh well if you like Play Arts Kai figures you've got ridiculous taste anyway, so we're probably not going to be able to agree on a Link.

If OoT gets a high def remaster on the Switch I'm sure they'll make a figma for it.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Vintersorg posted:

The Other M one is good enough. I don't see any need to double dip aside from collecting all variances.

You don't want a Samus action figure that comes from a good game? :v:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's actually from Prime 3.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

purple death ray posted:

Oh well if you like Play Arts Kai figures you've got ridiculous taste anyway, so we're probably not going to be able to agree on a Link.

If OoT gets a high def remaster on the Switch I'm sure they'll make a figma for it.

I can't stand most Play Arts figures, but that Boba Fett is cool and the Spidey was a preordered birthday present from someone, and looks way better than the terrible standard Spidey variant they put out before with the random unnecessary black bits.

TaurusOxford posted:

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah, seriously. I get why they went with those two games because of free advertising for rereleases, but drat if they wouldn't sell the actual figures SO much better if they were just marketed as Super Metroid or Prime 1. :iiam:

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Oct 25, 2016

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

TaurusOxford posted:

Well, if it looks like a duck... :cheeky:

It's the same reasoning as the Endo from Genesys -- some people are up in arms but it looks good enough.

E: Speaking of -- it's been delayed to January now. :3: Got a notice from Sideshow my flex pay was pushed to December and January.

Aphrodite posted:

???

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Oct 25, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Waggle controls bad.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Hasbro Deadpool next to newly arrived Yamaguchi (Revoltech) Deadpool

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Revoltech figures seem kinda lovely and... revolting. :downsrim:

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Well, YOU'RE revolting!

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Joe Fisto posted:

Hasbro Deadpool next to newly arrived Yamaguchi (Revoltech) Deadpool

Not pictured: the fat stack of cash difference.

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

Fuzz posted:

Revoltech figures seem kinda lovely and... revolting. :downsrim:

Revoltech figures are generally hated, but nothing else comes even close in terms of possability. The joints tend to look bad (specially shoulders), but you can reduce that with creative posing. I guess the problem it's that they always look kinda weird in neutral poses.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Hot Toys is doing Rogue One figures (surprise I know) and this is all you need to know:
https://twitter.com/Kevin_Church/status/791268726398214144

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Aphrodite posted:

Prime 3 is a good game, and compared to Other M it's a loving masterpiece so I don't know what your argument is.