Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

MarcusSA posted:

OK that is awesome and good to know.

I just used the second one and finished my Ace puzzle finally. Now to get my Ace to 32 and really start rocking the house.

EDIT: Also I have a 6* Li and a 6* joker should I use them to summon another 6* or just hang on to them?

Also is there any other way to get evo mats besides the daily? I mean I've seen some 2* versions drop rarely but I'm not sure if the 3* ones drop.

They drop in adventure mode rarely. 1* from Asgard Medium, 2* from Asgard Hard, 3* from Aisha Easy. Not sure beyond that.

Li is worth keeping in case his Awoken version is as useful as it is in KR. Joker is trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

They drop in adventure mode rarely. 1* from Asgard Medium, 2* from Asgard Hard, 3* from Aisha Easy. Not sure beyond that.

Li is worth keeping in case his Awoken version is as useful as it is in KR. Joker is trash.

OK thanks for that. Mabye I'll just use the CR rewards to get the mat I need.

I'll keep Li around then. I think I've got like 4 others of him floating in my box too.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

just started this game, i'm gonna be adding people as stilldumb.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

baram. posted:

I added you. If you add me back you get free stuff.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

All of the life steal gems stack right? So I can have like 90% life steal?

dontaht
Aug 4, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

All of the life steal gems stack right? So I can have like 90% life steal?

Nope. If you try to stack gems the game will tell you that they don't.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Just got Rudy to 32. I doubled his health, gave him life steal and now he has a higher block rate. (I think 50%)

Come at me, Arena.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I dream of the day when I no longer have to worry about Rudy completely shutting down my entire team in Arena.

Won't be any time soon though I'm afraid.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

sometimes a 40 rudy is a pain in my rear end but between ace/rudy/karma/teo/rin my literal entire team can either nuke him or remove his buff and then nuke him.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Finally transcended my Ace to 32 and my Velika to 36. Things are a moving now.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yeah I've only got Ace+Karma+Spike to enhance damage and Ace crumples like paper half the time. Pretty much everyone in Diamond is running all 38+ teams of poo poo and my damage output just isn't even remotely high enough when I run into teams like Rudy+Spike+Jave or whatever.

Plus nobody to enhance Def or tank for the team really right now. It's just a mess! What am I even doing in Diamond.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

diamond isn't that bad towards the end of the week after the really strong players have started climbing, but also i think my team is just a lot stronger than i believe it is too

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I got no levels and only half as much gear as I should have :suicide:

Such are the hazards of Arena teams build almost entirely out of Special units.

Speaking of which my next 7K selector is coming up and I'm having a real hard time deciding against taking a Rachel this go around, now that she's basically required thanks to World Boss :smith:

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
It took world bosses for me to finally 6* a xiao. Permanently locking down the boss skills is just too good

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
awwwwwwwww yeah pulled a Karma from my free draw!!!!

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

baram. posted:

Glad to hear it, idle buddy! OT-question: Did you give up on IOU? I forgot about it for a bit and it seems like it's done for good.

€: Your friends list is already full! :eyepop:

Illiterate Clitoris fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Oct 25, 2016

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Got my Karma! +30% damage for allies is nuts. Giparang is gonna one shot everyone in Arena now.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
So i claimed above that i had a 6* Selector but the reality is that i have 2x 6* crappy mans that i was going to transfuse or whatever it is called. Am i better off using these as unlockers instead? I just found out that you can use 6* mans to unlock, its not limited to just Unlocker Fina.

I can still get 6* Karon by ranking up one of my 4*'s as i have enough elements for that.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Don't overlook transcending the better hero cards. I maxed out Giparang, and he's stronger than my Spike that's level 30. While 7k/4L are designed to be the best, there's still awesome cards that will help until you're lucky enough to pull more.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Dunno if anyone has all the pieces for it but has anyone tried running a Raid setup like this?
Espada / Rin, Karma, Lucy, Sieg
Dellons / Eileen, Karon, Velika, Spike

It involves 0 buffs you have to maintain and both teams have plenty of single target DPS. I'm not sure if it makes more sense or not than running Dellons and Shane as leads instead, as with Shane you obviously need active buffs. The other huge benefit is on Espada team you get the block rate and immunity to burn and increased healing power which should give you plenty of sturdiness. Dellons team is probably the bigger powerhouse overall though but same story.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Who's the fifth members? :v:

I need to level Velika for my second raid team, I got Javes early and never bothered leveling her for aoe adventuring.

I also just got Karon :eng99:

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

The / separates the rows, not shows alternatives. Should maybe use a | instead I guess.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

If Rin is pickable with the 4l selector at the end of this event I can give that loadout a try.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I am building towards similar teams except I am using Shane since I don't have Dellons and I swap Spike and Karon for Lucy and Sieg. The reason for the swap is that spike, Espada, and Karma already block, so Lucy's passive goes further on the other team. Also, since I am still using Shane the crit from Spike is better for the other team, and probably most important is that Velika is the weak link in both teams, and I think pairing her with Lucy gives her the best survivability.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

That makes sense about the block buff, the main issue is that Dellons has to stack Speed and Counter so he gets a ton of benefit from Spikes crit buff. Espada can stack crit easily since she doesn't need Speed really.

I guess she could take Crit jewel and lethal weapons plus jewel to put her pretty close to 100% on both? That'd be pretty solid, but Dellons would lose a lot of damage.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

Glad to hear it, idle buddy! OT-question: Did you give up on IOU? I forgot about it for a bit and it seems like it's done for good.

€: Your friends list is already full! :eyepop:

I'll have to poke around the friend list when i get home.. def no way it's full. I only added the non-abandoned portion of the first half of the goon list and had ~10 friends.

who's the hero who seemingly grants 2 turns of damage immunity at the start of battles? see a lot of whoever it is in pvp it seems.

i finally gave up on IOU in the last month, there'd been no meaningful content for long enough. there were only ~4 people on in the guild anymore.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

baram. posted:

who's the hero who seemingly grants 2 turns of damage immunity at the start of battles? see a lot of whoever it is in pvp it seems.

There's a ton of characters who can ignore damage in this game. Quite a few have an innate buff that gives them damage immunity for a few turns as you saw. Others can hit zero HP, die, then resurrect at zero HP for a few turns (or in one case, resurrect in every slot where somebody on that team is already dead!). Others still can take X amount of hits (this is separate from the number of 'attacks' a character does in their animation). There are some with more mundane active buffs like "take 80% less damage, also immune to debuffs" or "entire party takes no damage next time they're hit".

Part of PVP is making a team that can deal with these buffs. Damage Immunity can by bypassed with Piercing attacks. Immunity and immortal zombies can lose the buff keeping them alive with a buff reduction attack. I don't remember the rules for the void shields / take x number of hits except that this explicitly ignores piercing attacks. There's also crowd control moves that can proc even if an attack does zero damage, a stunned damage immune or zombie character can just sit and wait until their buff runs out while stunned.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Switching my arena team to DQ, Rin / Karma, Rudy, Spike immediately pushed me from a 30% win rate in silver to gold :v:

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Free Fina and Monthly Leah today, and some junk for the synthesis box. Guess I'll bop up Karon and DQ to help keep it even, now I just need some gear to unlock slots for. Hrm, give DQ some armor finally or double down on Karma?

I'm really looking forward to getting this last Mastery unlocked so I can start farming Rubies to buy more box space :rolleye:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

light elementals are almost totally useless and while karon is good to transcend i dont think i'd ever use a fina on him. i am currently pumping mine into sieg.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
What modifier on equipment should i put on my various guys?
Is there a guideline or should i just go for the stuff listed in the recommended button on each hero? Is it dependant on which gamemode i plan to use them for? Some heroes are used in both pve and pvp. (maybe thats just something newbies like me do and experienced players have entirely different lineups?)

I have 55/55 items now and they are all 5* or better and i have very little items equipped on my mans. I am reluctant to sell 5* items as i assume these are used to power up 6* items.

Specifically, what should i put on my raid team:
Shane
Karon
Eileen

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
5* Equipment is just upgrade fodder, iirc. It's 6 or bust!

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

rabidsquid posted:

light elementals are almost totally useless and while karon is good to transcend i dont think i'd ever use a fina on him. i am currently pumping mine into sieg.

That's a good point about Dark elementals, though oddly at the moment I'm mostly out of Lights and Waters as well, so really anything freely transcended is good that isn't Fire/Earth.

Equipment usefulness is stacked so stupidly in this game. Not only is there * ratings for gear (and 6* is indeed the lowest tier that can be considered "serious"), but there are tiers inside of that that effect the range of the primary/secondary stats (such as 7K gear, 4L gear, Raid gear, etc), and then a ton of range for primary/secondary stats within that (so Raid gear can run anywhere from 22% SPD to 27% SPD), and then beyond that there's the Awoken upgrade which stacks on top of that stuff.

Like in terms of HP gear I basically only use three things:
- 3-5* junk gear to just throw on people who have nothing.
- 6* 7K junk which is +960 HP which gets thrown on lesser important Raid guys to help fill in.
- 6* Awoken Raid gear +1950 HP which is the actual "serious" stuff.

Ineptitude posted:

Specifically, what should i put on my raid team:
Shane
Karon
Eileen

Gear:
Shane: Lethal/Counter
Karon: Speed/HP
Eileen: Speed/HP
Velika: Speed/HP (Unless she is your primary Adveture farming unit, then Crit/HP)

Gear just depends on the characteristics of the hero plus their role, so you have to play it by ear more or less. Shane wants Lethal because she already has a ton of Crit chance so it's better to stack Lethal instead, and she wants Counter to get in lots of extra normal hits + life drain. Everyone else wants Speed to help increase the length of turns (thus increase how long your passives last), and HP to stop themselves from dying.

For PvP, literally everyone wants Speed for weapons. Speed determines both normal attack order and who gets to use skills first, so there's nothing more important than it.
For Armor, HP for squisher units, Counter Rate for Immortals or units with way too much void shield (like Lu Bu or Rin generally). You want Counter for them and to give them an accessory that causes some sort of effect (either ailment or remove buffs) so you can trigger that as much as possible. And damage of course.

HP vs Block Rate: Block Rate is better if you can stack a lot of it and already have a ton of HP. Otherwise, going raw HP is better, as far as I know. You'll see some people go with setups like 1xHP/1xBlock armor, Block acc, Block Jewel, which puts you at something like 80% block rate before extra modifiers. Things get funny if you have party members who increase Block Rate though, or fight against people who decrease it, so in some sense just stacking HP is a little more 'safe'.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Scrublord Prime posted:

Quite a few have an innate buff that gives them damage immunity for a few turns as you saw.

Having entire adventure stages composed of nothing but damage immunity units is bullshit, by the way. :argh:

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yu Shin + Karma, either a friend's or your own. Steamroll right through that poo poo.

Teo or Jave work well too.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Is Soi any good? She seems pretty strong to me.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
She's a funny gimmick to run in certain circumstances, but her passive only blocks damage 5-target skills. It does not block piercing aoes nor prevent status/debuffs, which means you can and will still get hosed by those.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

DQ's passive does the same exact thing and she gets Void Shield on top of that.

Besides that, Soi has two really awful active skills, one being a weak 1 target attack and the other being a weak 3 target attack, neither of which do anything particularly useful like hit multiple times or pierce.

Look at it like this: Soi's Piercing Feathers (Which does not pierce, mind you) has a 70 sec cooldown for 150% damage on 3 targets.
DQ's Spring Up does 160% Damage on 3 enemies and counts as 2x hits AND it has pierce AND it's only got a 86 sec cooldown.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Using her for power up it is!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Can't beat Pumpkin Party Normal. :negative:

• Locked thread