Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

this is how trump responded to romney losing

i think there could be real stuff happening when he does the same/worse after his loss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/791000438724263936

Clinton winning the goddamn suburbs by 18 points

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

yeah this is just the beginning.

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

i think there could be real stuff happening when he does the same/worse after his loss

i don't doubt he'll try, the problem is the craziest and most well-armed trump supporters are deeply rural and live in primarily white areas

they'd have to beg for time off work at walmart to start the revolution

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!

:bisonyes:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Randalls

Yep that's Austin.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Fullhouse posted:

Tallahassee has like half a dozen local and state parks based around old plantation homes.

Sanford is where Trayvon Martin got shot.

They aren't super good places, no

You can't even walk down the street with a handful of randomly poisoned skittles without getting shot

anime tupac
Oct 25, 2010

stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it

HappyHippo posted:

On one hand, analysing signatures to derive the character of the writer seems like a load of bullshit. On the other hand, I'm completely convinced that Trump explicitly crafted his signature to project power and prestige because he has the most fragile ego of any human being on the planet.

I'm confinced he makes Yosemite Sam raggin fraggin noises while he scribbles it

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
man that rubio campaign manager who was just on msnbc is exactly the kind of patronizing shithead republican that reminds me that it's not just donald trump that i hate.

thank you guy, for reminding me that you're all awful.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

yeah this is just the beginning.

Now do I wanna go early vote tomorrow just before noon because idiots will be on their lunch break and there won't be as many people since they probably will have gone to work after 9 am...

or do I wanna get a mail in so I can avoid some loon with an AR trained at the polling booth from his truck

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
i want to sign my ballot tonite, or maybe write in ed balls...hmmm

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

florida dems apparently couldn't find a charismatic Hispanic person to run for senate in the entire state, they had to put up whitey whitebread for the senate contest

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

LinYutang posted:

trump is going to fall into an intense depression after he loses

All jokes aside, I wouldn't want to be in his immediate presence during the aftermath of his defeat. Or ever, really, but that kinda goes without saying.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Democracy Corps, i.e. Greenberg Quinlan Rosner, had in their national 4-way surveys:

March: Clinton 53, Trump 40
June: Clinton 48, Trump 37
July: Clinton 43, Trump 40
October: Clinton 50, Trump 38

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Holy poo poo that Keloland South Dakota poll showing Hillary within 7%.

I'm praying that there's enough deplorables pissed at John Thune to swing the house/senate seats. Hillary winning would just be a bonus.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

This is the broken clock maybe being right twice a day

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

LinYutang posted:

florida dems apparently couldn't find a charismatic Hispanic person to run for senate in the entire state, they had to put up whitey whitebread for the senate contest

MaxNV
Jan 3, 2011

LinYutang posted:

See because I'm a masochist I've been thinking of ways that he could somehow recoup his image. Most paths start at one of two places. Either he completely drops out of the public light for like 4 or 5 years and then returns claiming to have never run for president. Or he just kills himself on November 9th.

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

there was a romney article about how he was after he lost and apparently he just sat around the kitchen poking at an ipad for a few months :smith:

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

LinYutang posted:

there was a romney article about how he was after he lost and apparently he just sat around the kitchen poking at an ipad for a few months :smith:

He would have happily hosed over the poor and minorities just as much as Trump, gently caress him

(Good on him for never bending the knee at least)

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx

LinYutang posted:

Florida is just an unsalvageable mess and it'll save the rest of us a lot of hassle when it finally slides into the ocean

MaxNV
Jan 3, 2011

LinYutang posted:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

LinYutang posted:

it's florida who cares, there is no way to actually sway votes there because everyone is batshit and votes on whimsy

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

LinYutang posted:

:lol: and he thought he could be president with that kind of mental fortitude

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

LinYutang posted:

Wisconsin has the same problem with Governor and the shithole Janesville area that Ryan calls home. Total flakes keep running. At least Feingold will hopefully knock off that shitbag Ron Johnson.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Romney not getting the presidency is perfectly captured in Elder Price from Book of Mormon not getting sent to Orlando for his mission.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

LinYutang posted:

whats the application process like if I want to join a death panel

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/790996105798553600

Same as for being a poll watcher. Just show up at hospitals and demand to observe all patients so you can make recommendations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I feel like there are two major narratives you could read into the polls right now, which are "somewhere between 2008 and 2012ish" and "Clinton massacre" with plausible evidence for each.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

LinYutang posted:

he went home and shot rafalca

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

I get a disheveled Bruce Campbell vibe from this pic.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

LinYutang posted:

well at least he can afford to do something about that :kiddo:

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

donald trump doesn't ever acknowledge that he's lost. he doesn't even spin his losses into moral/figurative wins. he either completely ignores that his losses ever happened, or just straight up says he won anyway. anyone hoping this is the one loss he can't ignore is going to be disappointed after the election

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

exquisite tea posted:

I feel like there are two major narratives you could read into the polls right now, which are "somewhere between 2008 and 2012ish" and "Clinton massacre" with plausible evidence for each.

Bet on the former, hope for the latter.

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

MaxNV posted:

See because I'm a masochist I've been thinking of ways that he could somehow recoup his image. Most paths start at one of two places. Either he completely drops out of the public light for like 4 or 5 years and then returns claiming to have never run for president. Or he just kills himself on November 9th.

people still remember mcgovern, if trump gets creamed as badly as badly as expected he'll never redeem his image

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Von Sloneker posted:

I get a disheveled Bruce Campbell vibe from this pic.

please do not compare awesome B-List actor Bruce Campbell to that mess

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/down-tic...mail&soc_trk=ma

Yahoo, but this is a good article. The three house seats chosen are excellent benchmarks. ME-2 and FL-7 are other good ones to watch.

PA-16 is particularly interesting and I think it needs to be moved to toss up.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Slate Action posted:

Democracy Corps, i.e. Greenberg Quinlan Rosner, had in their national 4-way surveys:

March: Clinton 53, Trump 40
June: Clinton 48, Trump 37
July: Clinton 43, Trump 40
October: Clinton 50, Trump 38

It is kind of funny that we're basically back where we started.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

that is some straight up texas.png

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Trump will go on a 4 year Twitter bender when he loses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

yeah. i honestly believe he will call for revolution or some poo poo like that. i am curious to see the outcome. its a little worrying.

• Locked thread