Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
2/11; Yoshimitsu and Yellow Megaphone. Yoshimitsu seems like about as bad of a pull as I could have gotten while still being a 5* (very rarely used RS, dagger so lower stats than other 5*s, only a -DEF SB on a character who is really poor in comparison to the rest of his realm) but I am not complaining about making FF7 CMs even more of a joke than they already were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bahumaut
Apr 6, 2009
3/11 with strago morning star, FFT Main Gauche, and Vaan's BSB. I think that was a very good use of 25 mithril. Lets see later on what my better half gets out of this.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
This pull looks good to me!

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Imgur failed me last time I tried to post an image here, but I may very well need to try again for this to be believable.

The lucky draw gave me six rainbow orbs. Ended up being 2 Sphairai from 14, 2 Yoichi Bows from 5, a Traitor's Bow from 12, and Yoshimitsu from 14.

Already had the Traitor's Bow but the rest are pretty awesome, and I guess the additional bow is more synergy for the next event.

EDIT: Holy poo poo it's even better than I thought. Traitor's Bow was not a dupe - the other FF12 bow I have is Fran's Killer Bow.

NaanViolence fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Oct 26, 2016

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
God drat, Cid MIssion on this mote dungeon is nasty. Don't think I'll be able to do it this time around, even with the runic+Flashing Blade on Firion.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
That's my third Killer Bow, unfortunately I do not have the gil to reforge that thing to 5*+++ :(

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

25 Mythril for . . . Wakka's Attack Reels.

Welp, it was nice being able to read Record Keeper but gently caress this. Guess now I'll need to look up getting a JP mobage account going so I can actually get it on my phone.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...
Lucky Draw got me Vaan's burst AND his SSB, and a duplicate copy of Mog's Scarf.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Part of me is kinda glad I can't afford this lucky draw with Larsa 1 looming so near. Probably too many duds to really be worth it (is what I keep telling myself but drat do I want to pull). Bad Feral, bad!

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Morning Star, All-Rounder, and zero 4-stars. Yuck, worst Lucky Draw for me so far.

edit: also, what is up with a few of the resistance equipment pieces like Flame Shield, which gives a bonus to ice and a weakness against fire? Shouldn't that be the opposite? I feel like ___ Shield / Armor has always given defense against that element in every FF game I can remember.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Oct 26, 2016

Orfeo
Nov 27, 2007

Ectobiology sure does involve a lot of button pushing.
Fang's Partisan and a Traitor's Bow for me. If I wanted to go completely anti-Wall with my team build, I've got it between High Dive, Full Break, and Mug Bloodlust.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Yda is probably still at level 1, I'll have to check. Vaan got a nice upgrade from my Kogarasumaru. Who cares about Wakka? Nice statstick maybe.

Nihilarian fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Oct 26, 2016

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Not the greatest of pulls, but it gives me good relics for two good supports which is awesome for CM, so I am not gonna complain. Never gonna say no to AOE Attack/Magic SBs. Also that is my 3rd Crystal Helm, HE is fun.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Started messing with this game earlier this week and a friend told me to pull on the debuff thing and then post my result in this thread so here you go, I hope I did good on this I want to make Dr. Mog proud of me.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
:mad: Dammit game that's not an Orichalcum D- wait, that first bow was a Burst? What's this!?

Ha! I didn't recognize Artemis Bow V by sight so it showing up first on my three orbs made me think it was some random who-gives-a-gently caress SB bow. I guess not! This is pretty fuckin' sweet! Pyroclasm does mean I have to give up on Orichalcum Dirk, though. At the very least it won't happen on a XII banner. Pyroclasm on Vaan, Apocalypse Shield on Basch, Mist Overload on Fran, Strahl Strafe on Balthier and War Dance on Penelo? Yeah, chasing that dragon is just a bad idea now. Not that it wasn't even when all I had for Vaan was Windburst but still. Ark Blast will happen on Lucky Draws or Festival Banners or it won't happen at all. Oh well, this is me not giving a poo poo because I got me some of that Faris flexibility :toot:

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Drew Fran's Killer Bow and Gordon's Flame Shield. Meh, it's synergy, and my XII is severely lacking and I don't plan to pull on Larsa, so works for me for what's essentially a free pull (with the 25 free halloween mythril).

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

now that's a good Lucky Draw. My FF12 physical synergy is already covered pretty well so I might as well combine the two Orichalcums. I already had Cait Sith's Yellow Megaphone but not gonna complain about getting the Green one, and I had zero relics for Agrias so the Kaiser Shield is more than welcome.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Three rainbow orbs:
Riot Blade, Sphairai and Assault Gun.
Super Soulbreaks for Auron and Yda are especially welcome, and I guess Barrett can tote around an even bigger gun I'm hungry for rosetta stones anyways.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I wasn't going to pull at first, but it's a Lucky Draw and gently caress it, Always Be Pulling. Plus seeing people get sweet gear like Fran's Killer Bow tempted me.

Ehhhhh...well...it's IX synergy, which I desperately need...so...

That mote dungeon sucked, I used an all mage team and started out with Maria's Song for an RW, but even with Shellga up and them magic broken I was getting slaughtered by their spells. Next attempt took a SG RW and although it was long and painful, I came out on top, with only two medals lost for damage.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog

SpaceGoku posted:

Started messing with this game earlier this week and a friend told me to pull on the debuff thing and then post my result in this thread so here you go, I hope I did good on this I want to make Dr. Mog proud of me.

Well you got the single item most people drawing wanted(Orichalcum Dirk; You should probably get Vaan immediately.), and four more when the average on draws is two or so right now, so yes, you did fine. :v:

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Congrats to everyone getting the Traitor's Bow. Now you can all know what it feels like.

I'm not gonna do the Lucky Draw though because calculations say I'm going to have almost exactly 200 mythril by the time Onion Knight hits, so I have to make sure I don't spend so I get four potential pulls.

So how's that mote dungeon going for people who aren't bothering with Cid Missions?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Hrmm, I don't think I can handle the Cid's Mission at this time. Best I got was to take out Red Soul and get the Ogres to about 30%, then they woke up and started spamming AoEs.

FFII really needs another mage or a Dancer, but we won't get the former til Emperor.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

ApplesandOranges posted:

Hrmm, I don't think I can handle the Cid's Mission at this time. Best I got was to take out Red Soul and get the Ogres to about 30%, then they woke up and started spamming AoEs.

FFII really needs another mage or a Dancer, but we won't get the former til Emperor.

Yeah this one might have to go on the shelf for a while. I've completed all the other ones including Ifrit on the first go, but this one I can't be too hard on myself on. I mean, I could try another draw on banner 2, but I don't think that's advisable. But we are getting free mythril for Halloween, II gets a nightmare(JP) dungeon, and the banners on the next II event apparently aren't the greatest. So maybe it makes sense to put that mythril toward another pull here if I'm real bad on 2. Hmm.

Thing is, I'm not sure that ANYTHING except Maria's BSB or Firion's BSB will really help me here. So that's chasing one relic, which is probably bad.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
My Ramza is now maxed out on Record Spheres. 217 attack, without any equipment. Plus a bonus 3% damage with sword/katana attacks.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I do think it should be doable, I just have to retool my team again. Maria can almost do all the DPS by herself with a Meteor XVI RW and then finish it off with other spells, the team just needs to survive that long. I'll give it another go in a bit; worse case scenario I'll just wait til tomorrow when my RWs refresh.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I should try that Maria RW method see how it works.

edit: I'm hosed lol

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Oct 26, 2016

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

That mote dungeon was a bit rough without a single 5* FF2 relic, but mage meta pulled through.

Tyro used Phantasm to sleep the ogres and Multi Break to hit the mastery conditions. Krile used Sheepsong and she and two other mages went to town on summons while Rosa threw out heals.

It got hairy near the end because the boss shits out tons of damage in the final phase. I think I might need to craft Wrath for Rosa next time

E: not pulling on the lucky banner because there are way too many duds for me

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

ApplesandOranges posted:

I do think it should be doable, I just have to retool my team again. Maria can almost do all the DPS by herself with a Meteor XVI RW and then finish it off with other spells, the team just needs to survive that long. I'll give it another go in a bit; worse case scenario I'll just wait til tomorrow when my RWs refresh.

If you're going for Maria RW, wouldn't Leon make a better Mage with Memento Mori if you got a mage sword? Or is he otherwise occupied by Magic Lure or something, or you have Maria's Faithga Bow.

Haven't got around to trying it yet, so this might not be helpful.

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010
Oh my god my lucky draw got me 2 blank blades for WoL. Should I combine them or will the FF1 synergy be useful sometime soon?

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009
Lucky Draw gave me an Orichalcum (IX) and Main Gauche (T). Considering they're both for realms where I've been lacking in physical weapons, I'm gonna go ahead and call this a good pull.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I'm already going to be pulling on Larsa 1 anyway, so I'll wait until after those pulls to decide on this lucky draw. Obviously if I get Orichalcum Dirk I will feel safe in skipping it.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Actually, looking back on my pull, that lets me field Fran and Gordon, which means I now have a full team of 5 for the nightmare! Silver linings.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Mog's scarf and Barret's Assault Gun. Not terribly thrilled but it could have been worse..? I wish Barret's weapons were categorized as guns instead of a bullshit unique weapon type, they should pull a Setzer and change that.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

pichupal posted:

If you're going for Maria RW, wouldn't Leon make a better Mage with Memento Mori if you got a mage sword? Or is he otherwise occupied by Magic Lure or something, or you have Maria's Faithga Bow.

Haven't got around to trying it yet, so this might not be helpful.

The difference is about 10% MAG if Maria is buffing herself with Faith, which isn't enough of a difference to close the gap. Leon won't last the whole fight with Memento Mori - you definitely need more than two RW casts if you just have one Mage doing all the work. The upside of having Leon do mage duty though is that it frees Maria up for other uses, which is great because she's another source of Haste/Curaga if Gordon is preoccupied.

I think I can definitely do it, it's just a matter of praying for Sleep landing - not a great thing to do. But it's not like the fight will get any easier for me since I don't plan on drawing on II banners, so might as well stick it out.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Red Soul down. No Mission, as said before. And like every mote dungeon before it, I totally ran out of hones! But I brought out Ovelia for this one for the Magic Blink, and boy howdy is that ever useful. But that's a lot of motes that I'll probably be saving for Fran once her sphere drops in two days.

Now to consider doing Ifrit... Magic Blink will probably be my key to surviving that one too.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Oh, I thought the All-Rounder was the ball Wakka got where the break only lasted for 10 seconds, but apparently it's the 25 second one. That's nice. Probably still won't use it much but hey.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Twelve by Pies posted:

My Ramza is now maxed out on Record Spheres. 217 attack, without any equipment. Plus a bonus 3% damage with sword/katana attacks.

My Paladn Cecil with his base 230 ATK laughs at your Ramza, especially with his stacking bonuses of +3% sword, +3% holy, and +6% knight damage when using Banishing Strike, Saint Cross or Aegis Strike.

But then he's nice enough to Draw Fire and protect Ramza while benefiting from Shout so it's all good.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Pulled again and the only new thing I got was Ogre Killer. And I'm not pulling again. Interesting relic, but doesn't help me with what I need for the CM. Will just have to wait to do this one, which may be a very long time since not much II stuff ever comes out. Will play around with this some more though at a later date.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I pulled Maria's faithga + AOE nuke along with Firion's BSB when I pulled on the first FF2 banner last week and I've been meaning to ask:

What is the percentage on that faithga? Is it 10% like I think it is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Lucky Draw gets me... Agrias' Kaiser Shield. And that's all!

It's still good right?

• Locked thread