Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

SavoyTruffle posted:

And, by the way, the last ten seconds of that clip were in almost all of the trailers and TV spots.

it's a wonder they didnt use the mystery of richard parker in the advertisement. thats the movie i really wanted to see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Aphrodite posted:

Correct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02S6ucfp1sU

That does not cut early. When that video ends, the credits roll.

I mean, say what you will about Amazing Spider-Man 2 (and don't get me wrong, there's a lot of bad things to say about it), but that's a really good scene. If it had been a prelude to an actual fight, I think we'd be posting it as an example of what that movie did right rather than what it did wrong.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Phylodox posted:

I mean, say what you will about Amazing Spider-Man 2 (and don't get me wrong, there's a lot of bad things to say about it), but that's a really good scene. If it had been a prelude to an actual fight, I think we'd be posting it as an example of what that movie did right rather than what it did wrong.

I think the movies had heart. The scene in the first movie with the car hanging and Peter talking the kid out was phenomenal to me. I really really want to like the ASM series because (unlike a lot of others) I do like Andrew Garfield as Spider-man (and Emma as Gwen). I love the scenery, the fighting, the swinging, the Spider suit in the second film. I loved a lot of specific things about the movies, but there's too much poo poo in between the things I love for me to go to bat and defend them.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Correct.

I thought the long zoom shot was nice:

Spidey just KO's the guy with the manhole cover right after anyway.

ASM2 had some neat visual design in places, it was just wrapped in a really dumb set of plot decisions and too many bad guys.

gently caress it, apt-get is still running so here's more Spiderman gifs.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He just hits the head with the manhole cover, that's probably not anything important to the machine.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Can you confirm or deny without any major spoilers if there is an infinity gem in the movie, like many people are guessing?

MAJOR DOCTOR STRANGE SPOILERSThe Eye of Agamoto is the Time Stone, they straight-up call it an Infinity Stone and it has Time powers

Also, post-credits spoilers The post-credits scene is a ties to Thor 3. Thor is meeting with Strange about him and Loki coming to Earth in search of Odin. Maybe implying that Doctor Strange might be in the movie as a cameo or something?

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"
Those who have seen Doctor Strange should join us in the thread in CD: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3795016

So far it hasn't gone to complete poo poo like most threads there

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

poly and open-minded posted:

it's a wonder they didnt use the mystery of richard parker in the advertisement. thats the movie i really wanted to see

I really love that Fiege's leaked Email hit the nail on the head for every single one of ASM2's problem.

No one loving cares about Peter's Parents was front and center.

Veotax posted:

MAJOR DOCTOR STRANGE SPOILERSThe Eye of Agamoto is the Time Stone, they straight-up call it an Infinity Stone and it has Time powers

Also, post-credits spoilers The post-credits scene is a ties to Thor 3. Thor is meeting with Strange about him and Loki coming to Earth in search of Odin. Maybe implying that Doctor Strange might be in the movie as a cameo or something?

These are the kind of spoilers I do not mind.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Aphrodite posted:

Correct.

I liked this scene just as a scene by itself, but I think the movie really should've ended at the funeral instead of doing the timeskip.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 19 minutes!

Phylodox posted:

That scene was pretty painful. Incredibly manipulative, with the usual illogical poo poo like why are people lined up for a guy blasting machine guns like they were in Disneyland kind of stuff. More importantly, it didn't have its own distinctive style. Even people who hate Raimi give him that.

At least Spider-man in motion looks cool. That was the only good thing in AM-2 for me.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Man, I really hope Homecoming is good. :(

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Shageletic posted:

That scene was pretty painful. Incredibly manipulative, with the usual illogical poo poo like why are people lined up for a guy blasting machine guns like they were in Disneyland kind of stuff. More importantly, it didn't have its own distinctive style. Even people who hate Raimi give him that.

At least Spider-man in motion looks cool. That was the only good thing in AM-2 for me.

I would watch Amazing Man 2

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 19 minutes!

AnonSpore posted:

I would watch Amazing Man 2

Me too. Me too.

Darth Various
Oct 23, 2010

SavoyTruffle posted:

And, by the way, the last ten seconds of that clip were in almost all of the trailers and TV spots.

You have to admit, that's the best troll in superhero movie history.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Aphrodite posted:

Correct.

Since there's no sequel, we have to assume the ASM Spider-Man was disemboweled by the horn a second later.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Jamesman posted:

Man, I really hope Homecoming is good. :(
I don't know why there are some people who think its assured to be bad

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

achillesforever6 posted:

I don't know why there are some people who think its assured to be bad

Sony is involved.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
They've said that they're already thinking about the spiderman eu movies as well so they might try to cram poo poo in like the asm movies

Still gonna hold out hope tho

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Can't do much worse than Avengers 2.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Can't do much worse than Avengers 2.

ASM 2 was universes worse than Age of Ultron.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nah, background of story relevant scenes is better than that drat cave.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Comfortador posted:

I think the movies had heart. The scene in the first movie with the car hanging and Peter talking the kid out was phenomenal to me. I really really want to like the ASM series because (unlike a lot of others) I do like Andrew Garfield as Spider-man (and Emma as Gwen). I love the scenery, the fighting, the swinging, the Spider suit in the second film. I loved a lot of specific things about the movies, but there's too much poo poo in between the things I love for me to go to bat and defend them.

The scene where he takes off the mask to get the kid to come up? That is so the opposite idea of Spider-Man that it hurt me. And it was all to set up the crane ending which was even worse. Granted, I still maintain that the Times Square Electro sequence in ASM2 alone makes it better than the first one.

Also there is not a chance Amazing anything is better than Age of Ultron. There's "Maybe they shouldn't have tried to set up so much" and then there's "Holy poo poo, does anyone want ANY of the stuff being set up here?"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Homecoming is going to be amazing because the racist backlash of Zendaya is going to be the most entertaining poo poo ever. I can't loving wait to read what American Dracula has to say about it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Is American Dracula a new filter, or is someone out there actually called that.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Lurdiak posted:

Is American Dracula a new filter, or is someone out there actually called that.

Sdrawkcab.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Lurdiak posted:

Nope.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Age of Ultron is a good movie with some glaring problems. Amazing Spider-Man 2 is an okay movie when it's not an actively terrible one. It's occasionally charming but there are just constant bad decisions at every single turn. I can't understand people saying Age of Ultron is really worse than ASM2, it just doesn't make sense to me on any level.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Age of Ultron is crushingly, fundamentally boring at every turn, on top of being poorly made. Amazing Spider Man is bad, but it at least has some interesting visuals and auditory choices.

I'd rather not watch either of them at this point, but if you put a gun to my head, I know which one I'd pick.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

My only really major gripe with Age of Ultron is how it just can't let a scene go on without a joke or somebody pointing out how ridiculous the situation is.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Age of Ultron doesn't have a sociopath for a main character (insert joke about Tony Stark) and it actually has legitimate scenes and a proper story and is capable of conveying emotion at times.

I think it is probably a "lesser" Marvel but I like Marvel a lot.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Roth posted:

My only really major gripe with Age of Ultron is how it just can't let a scene go on without a joke or somebody pointing out how ridiculous the situation is.

Woahkay, hue, hue, it's DEFINITELY the end times!

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Arist posted:

it actually has legitimate scenes

I don't know what that means.

Also, with Mads Mikkelsen and Chiwetel Ejiofor, all Dr. Strange has to do to be good is not waste it's villains, so, yeah...

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I meant to edit that, I just meant it flows more naturally from scene to scene

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Dan Didio posted:

Also, with Mads Mikkelsen and Chiwetel Ejiofor, all Dr. Strange has to do to be good is not waste it's villains, so, yeah...

Marvel are up to the challenge, given their previous work.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I dunno, I feel like Corey Stoll was underrated in Ant-Man and Zemo was loving great so they've got something of a streak in my eyes.

e: Also I liked Ultron for what it's worth.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Oh, they're all cast brilliantly.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Roth posted:

Joss Whedon is a hack.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Arist posted:

I dunno, I feel like Corey Stoll was underrated in Ant-Man and Zemo was loving great so they've got something of a streak in my eyes.

I agree on both counts, especially with Corey Stoll; he didn't have a ton to work with but he brought a ton to the part anyway.

I also liked Age of Ultron well enough, but I haven't rewatched it yet. I also liked The Avengers though, even though it takes entirely too long to get started.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Lurdiak posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Dan Didio posted:

I don't know what that means.

Mordo isn't a villain.

And Mads is not wasted, but he does get quickly swept aside at the end. He is really great when he's in it. I'd compare him to Obadiah Stein in terms of impact and performance.

Ultron was definitely better than ASM2. And I say this as someone who was a #1 Spiderman comic fan. Ultron was just disappointing because it was only okay and it followed Guardians, Winter Soldier, and Ant-Man which were all excellent.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Oct 26, 2016

• Locked thread