Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

More stuff that needs mages :(

That's like 3/4 mote dungeons that are really, really hard to beat with a physical team. Ifrit might be doable but I got a string of terrible RNG where he did like a 4-strike physical attack before I got mitigation up and then hit everyone with a 3k AoE spell so uhhh. Magus Sisters I have no idea, I know mages can just put them to sleep and nuke them but that isn't an option for physical teams and I don't see how it's possible to burn down Cindy fast enough to prevent Delta Attack and still get mitigation up for the insanely hard-hitting single target stuff. Are there any cool tricks I could try out? There seems to be a lot of stuff that isn't in the Mog tips for these difficult bosses and I dunno how anybody is supposed to figure it out on their own.

If this drat game would give me a mage BSB or two :argh: (I've actually got Garnet's, but without being able to craft / hone summons she doesn't seem very good right now)

I'm not even sure what spells I should be crafting / honing first - do I start with the -ajas and go from there, or do I skip those for chain spells?

I hope there's an orbfest soon because I also really badly need summon orbs. I have a R3 Ramuh and that's it. I'm guessing Valefor is better to craft instead of Maduin since it requires way less summon orbs? It takes some major orbs too, which sucks, but summon orbs definitely seem to the be the bigger bottleneck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Another 11 pull, another 1/11 with a duplicate. (Fang's Partisan)

I'm starting to feel like I'm the unlucky person in this thread now. :(

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

AweStriker posted:

Lucky Draw gets me... Agrias' Kaiser Shield. And that's all!

It's still good right?

Yes. It's a fairly strong 3-hit move with ATK/MAG -50% debuff, attached to a character with spellblade 4 and knight 5 access (can hit every element except darkness), and one of the highest attack stats in the game. She can also use lifesiphon so you can spam the hell out of it too. Seriously, it's really good

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Think I'm averaging 1/11 over the past 4-5 11-pulls, which is unfortunate, but at least the items have tended to be handy.

Blank Blade gives me my first AoE Debuff SB, and I suppose some handy FF1 synergy for some far-off event.

Maybe one day I'll figure out how to play Mobius...

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Someone sell me on Exploda, Assault Gun, and Yellow Megaphone.

Also I feel a bit cheated getting basic SBs?

And finally, yeowch I'm behind. I guess dailies await me?

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
Mote dungeon mastered, NO CM CLEAR.

Celes (LV80) | Dr. Mog's Teachings | Wing Sword+++ (4*+++ RS)/Flame Shield (5* RS)/Necrophobe Ward | Snowspell Strike R1/Drain Strike R5 (SB: Runic Blade)*
Faris (LV80) | Battleforged | Excalibur (FF4)/Regal Gown/Godo's Mask | Magic Breakdown R4/Full Break R2 (SB: Sea Lord's Barrage)
Sephiroth (LV80) | Adventurer's Dagger | Cat Claws+++ (4*+++ RS)/Golden Armor (5* RS)/Carnelian Signet | Flashing Blade R2/Lifesiphon R4 (BSB: Reunion)
Rosa (LV65) | Ace Striker | Artemis Bow/Healer's Robe/Gigas Armlet (5* RS) | Curaga R5/Wrath R4 (SSB: Divine Heal)
Y'sholta (LV74) | Mako Might | Judgment Staff++/Defense Veil/Gigas Armlet (5* RS) | Curaja R4/Shellga R1 (SBs: Stoneskin II, Medica II)

RW: Shout

*I really need to have Celes learn her SSB.

~10k per use of Snowspell Strike from a 400ATK Celes onto the Red Soul after Shout and with FB applied. Assuming both hits managed to connect, which was not remotely guaranteed thanks to the Evasion boosts being tossed around. Even with Runic Blade making Snowspell Strike's R1 status irrelevant, it was still unfathomably drawn out to end.

Eventually Celes and Faris got blinded towards the end of the fight and both RW Shouts were run out as well as Y'sholta's entire ability stockpile. I had to grind the last ogre mage down with Sephiroth's BSB, which finally proved it's worth with the DEF ignoring command ignoring EVA and hitting for about 7k a use without Shout up. I was still in zero danger of dying because of how ridiculously good Rosa's SSB is, but holy poo poo the battle took forever to close out.

If I get a mage RS weapon for FF2 I'll come back for the CM, but holy poo poo this fight is horrible if you don't have a mage team (aka me).

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

widespread posted:

Someone sell me on Exploda, Assault Gun, and Yellow Megaphone.

Also I feel a bit cheated getting basic SBs?

And finally, yeowch I'm behind. I guess dailies await me?
Assault Gun and Yellow Megaphone are solid enough - the latter with the usual caveat that it's a non-medica on a healer. Stackable breakdowns are nice. Exploda isn't great, as it conflicts negatively with both Shout and Steal Power.

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.

Nihilarian posted:

Assault Gun and Yellow Megaphone are solid enough - the latter with the usual caveat that it's a non-medica on a healer. Stackable breakdowns are nice. Exploda isn't great, as it conflicts negatively with both Shout and Steal Power.

Wrong about Yellow M-Phone in that Cait Sith also has Dancer 5 and makes a fantastic AOE debuffer with it!

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
What the hell is it with FF2 and blink fights

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

AoE debuffer isn't something you usually need though. Nice to have when you do, admittedly.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
1/11 btw

Thancred's dagger. Not bad, I could use more 14 synergy

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
More dungeon down. Maria is a beast, and diving just the black mage and magus spheres gives +12% damage and an extra 12 magic, making her bullshit good.

She was averaging a 40,000hp six hitter with break after triple stacking faiths and devotion, which just shredded everything.

Mage meta is amazing again

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
JPN debuff lucky draw #2: Delita's Coral Sword (*grumble grumble*) and my third Mythril Gun (enjoy your reforged weapon, Mustadio). Got Faris's USB on the first one, so I'm totally fine with this outcome. My Tactics synergy in JPN is friggin' hilarious: Platinum Sword, Agrias's OSB+, Coral Sword, Agrias's BSB Sword, Delita's BSB Sword, Ovelia's SSB staff (reforged), Mustadio's Mythril Gun (reforged), and two Venetian Shields. Shout, Hyper Break, Holy Imperil, EnHoly, and more. But STILL no bloody relics for Orlandeau. :argh:

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

And JP side apparently wants to prove to me I made the right choice with a 3/11 on the Lucky Debuff, looks like . . . Hyper Snipe for Irvine, Chaincast Magic Barrage for Palom and Pirate's Knives Leila. Not characters I intended to use but all realms I didn't really have a lot of synergy for so I'm pretty happy. If nothing else Hyper Snipe looks to be a Debuff to literally everything so that's pretty cool.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
This mote CM is the worst thing in this game. It's a dick move specifically designed to require abilities that the FFII cast doesn't have access to. What a piece of poo poo.

Zone of Danger
Apr 21, 2010
Finished the mote dungeon CM. Kept having to refresh until firion got sleep buster up on both ogres before everyone started aoeing. Once I did it was manageable - no Maria bsb, just her and Leon using black and darkness, respectively. Firion bsb helped me clean up the ogres when they both woke up but was otherwise unimportant.

Hoping that's the last time I need to plan around landing a status buster though, ugh.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Woo, WoLs SSB, when I have Faris' and Agrias' :effort:

His skillset is odd...

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Pulled a Partisan for Freya, a Partisan for Fran, a yellow megaphone for Cait Sith, a Cards for Setzer, and best of all a Artemis Bow for Faris! I didn't have any good debuff SBs and now I'm swimming in them. Also my first 5 star Spears. That was mythril well spent.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Finished the mote dungeon! No CM, I barely managed it without.

RWed Maria's BSB in addition to my own Maria with BSB, so it was all meteors all the time while Y'shtola healed/walled/protected and Tyro used Multi Break and then spammed Lullaby to hopefully sleep the ogres. Nasty fight.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
I snagged Fran's Killer Bow (okay) and Faris' Artemis Bow (hell yeah!)

If I so choose, I can now run a full physical team where all have BSBs. That would be Gilgamesh, Vaan, Faris, Tyro, and Eiko. I also have access to SG and no doubt the RW of choice here is Shout.

This setup may even be too much mitigation, so both Tyro and Paris is overkill. In which case, bring one or the other and slot in my SSB-holding and highly record dived Kain for pure DPS ownage.

Yes, I will be gunning for Kain's BSB when the time comes.

As for the FF2 mote dungeon, I accomplished it with a physical team of Gilg/Vaan/Kain/Tyro/Eiko. Just burned them the hell down in spite of their evasion and didn't lose a medal. The CM can go gently caress itself, because I am not burning mythril to chase Maria's BSB just to snag 2 MBOs.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Mote cleared with 1 restart due to screw up.

That fight is loving stupid for CMing, gently caress that noise.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Ok, not bad. The debuff banner gave me mog's scarf and fran's shatter heart bow.

I already have a bow for fran, but shatter heart beats whip kick by a gently caress ton so I'm happy. Two aoe attack and magic breakdowns in two different realms is not a bad thing by any means. I was hoping the bow would have been faris' though, of course.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
Haven't done the mote dungeon yet, just got around to doing the bonus battles though. Lamia was a fuckin SLOG, I tried bringing a mage team but the DPS was not all there, second Sheepsong RW ran out before the end. TERROR BALTIMORE's old Magitek Missiles SB ended up killing her. Was never in danger of dying thanks to a lot of mitigation, it was just... a long battle. Maybe I need to R3 one of these Chain spells already.

The 12 Ultimate++ Knights though? I have Pencil and Ramza BSBs, so.... nuff said. What a bloodbath!

I'd just used an MC3 lode on Pencil too to make him a slightly more ridiculous holy god of destruction, but I did pause for a second when I realized I can use an MC3 lode on Vaan now that I have his BSB thanks to the Debuff Lucky Draw. Next one then! I don't even know what my A-team should be now...

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
While I am happy getting Mog's scarf, I just wish I had somewhere to put him in a FFVI team. Terra and Celes nuke poo poo, Setzer breaks things down well enough especially with the Excalibur I gave him(after Celes learned Indomitable Blade of course). Locke and Edgar can be interchangeable and Relm is my main healer.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

AweStriker posted:

Lucky Draw gets me... Agrias' Kaiser Shield. And that's all!

It's still good right?

Same. And yeah, it's still good.

Though in my case it would have been better if I didn't already have two copies of it. :sigh:

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I got two copies of a Fang spear and Vaan's SSB that doesn't seem as cool since it's basically Steal Power whereas Fang can at least drop ATK/MAG which is super-useful.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
So it looks like we are getting something related to WoFF on Sunday. Unknown if we are getting the full event or not.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Got all rounder, morning star vi, and orichalcum dirk. For 25 mythril I'll take that any day

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Please stop having good pulls when I get bad ones. It's rather rude. :colbert:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

QuantaStarFire posted:

I got two copies of a Fang spear and Vaan's SSB that doesn't seem as cool since it's basically Steal Power whereas Fang can at least drop ATK/MAG which is super-useful.
at least it's the same potency as Steal Power/Shout, that vastly improves its usability.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I got Rikku's Steal Power fist. Given this is literally my second unique FFX SB after having played this game for a year and a half, I'll loving take it.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Dupes of last year's equipment rewards. Not sure if I am gonna combine or not, but it is a nice option to have.

KnoxZone fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Oct 26, 2016

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I'll combine the Evil Lantern but not the Witch's Hat; need more armor, not more weapons.

...free 25 mythril though, huh? Maybe I should do the lucky banner. Or maybe there'll be something better by the time it hits. Ugh. What to do, what to do.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Shock Trooper posted:

I don't even know what my A-team should be now...
"A-team" is a flexible thing for me now as I build up relics. Other than Ramza for native Shout, I use different characters for the other slots based on the fight mechanics, what synergy equipment I have, and "Who do I feel like using for this?" Like Eiko with BSB is my main healer but maybe I want to use Rosa with SSB because magic blink would make the fight easier or because IV is my favorite FF game

Attestant posted:

Please stop having good pulls when I get bad ones. It's rather rude. :colbert:
For real. I got Yda's SSB which is fine but whatever. I only got one gold orb too. Ugh.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

KnoxZone posted:

Dupes of last year's equipment rewards. Not sure if I am gonna combine or not, but it is a nice option to have.

Weird that we're not getting the ones JP got this time around.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

iPodschun posted:

I only got one gold orb too. Ugh.

This is the part of my pull I forgot to mention. One rainbow, and a really good rainbow, but only one gold too.

I tried U+ Lamia Queen but I didn't have nearly the damage output I need. And while I have enough abilities for a mage team, equipping one is another matter entirely...

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i got a blitzball

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014
Lucky Pull got my Kagenui, Kagenui, Flexible Arm, and Traitor's Bow.

I can't say I'm sad but I really would have liked one of those Kagenui to be something else, or to have been his BSB instead since I have every SB for him now except his BSB :negative:

Speaking of BSB's though I pulled my first BSB on Firion 2 with my dollar pull. I got Minwu's and from what I recall he actually has a really good BSB right? I haven't looked at it too much because I haven't been playing as much trying to get over my ocd depression of failing two CM's and missing the Ult+/Ult++ of FF7 event lol.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
And it's finally done. Go join FFIV in the 'worst Cid's Mission realms', FFII.

Would have had everyone alive, but Red Soul hit a 40% health Firion with Blizzard V two seconds before a heal would have gone off. Ah well.

I was stuck for a while; my best attempt had the last Ogre Mage at 15% before AoEs killed everybody. Then the brainwave: why was I killing Red Soul first? Once I got that idea, there was still a lot of RNG, but it was a bit smoother sailing.

The extra synergy boost from the Ice Gloves helped to push Maria to enough MAG post-buffs to get 5 hits from Break. People who don't have that or one of her weapons will probably have to throughly dive her for it or wait for her MC3 which should be coming soon (for my part, I just did the Black Mage dive).

Maria's actions were: self-Faith, RW on Red Soul, Sunfirex2, Breakx2 on an Ogre Mage, Sunfire. Then self-Faith, RW on the Ogre Mage, Break, Sunfire to kill the Mage, then Breakx2 on Red Soul to finish it off. After that she used up the rest of her Breaks on the last Mage before finishing it off with a single Waterja.

Josef was the most fragile (he gets 2-hit by physicals), but I needed to bring him for Magic Breakdown - could have brought Leon or Maria for the extra source of Sleep, but Magic Break wasn't going to cut it here. Pound hit for about 3.3k on Red Soul. Firion had a shared heal and Desert Bloom for longer Sleeps, but the one time he got to use his heal he was killed off before he could use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

Attestant posted:

Weird that we're not getting the ones JP got this time around.

It's a good thing, because supposedly the JP stuff was completely lovely, right?

• Locked thread