Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Drifter posted:

I know they were doing the Hillary/Trump comparisons, but I didn't get that style of speech being Hillary's at all. I still don't see it. I'll take your word for it, though. I guess it makes sense. She still sounded awful.

Hillary has a very similar stilted, unnatural-sounding delivery during speeches. Carter's a decent-to-good actress, so there's no way she'd be that bad at delivery.

I dunno I may just be seeing things that aren't there. v:shobon:v But having sat through all three debates, that's where my mind instantly went.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Linda Carter still looks incredible. Like, whoa.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

nine-gear crow posted:

Now that I think about it, something like that would be the most "ha hah gently caress you" solution to the Batman problem the shows sort of have dangling in the background. Bruce Wayne exists in the Arrowverse, but he's oldass man Bruce Wayne played by Adam West. He's just living his life as a quiet retired old billionaire and his Batman days are long behind him.

I was rewatching some of the Question scenes from JLU and Combs' speech reminds me a little of Adam West's.

I started thinking that having West be the Question in some way in the DCCU or even the DC TV stuff could maybe work. You've got his voice and when you want to use him in an action scene you just body double him in the faceless mask. Then you could probably just pass off the Question identity from him to someone like Montoya if Gotham ever wanted to bring her back or if any other show wanted to use her character in some way.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Oh, speaking of which, the new cast member is totally Montoya, just with the numbers filed off.

It'd be neat if they ended up making her the Question but I'm pretty sure that wouldn't jive with the world Supergirl presents.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chokes McGee posted:

Oh, speaking of which, the new cast member is totally Montoya, just with the numbers filed off.

I'm pretty sure she's Maggie Sawyer, just Latina instead of white

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Chokes McGee posted:

Maggie Sawyer is an original Superman universe character from the comics. The only things she has in common with Montoya are being gay (which was a change, or at least an addition, to Montoya's initial characterization) and Hispanic (which is a change to Sawyer's in this version) so technically they're meeting each other half way.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm pretty sure she's Maggie Sawyer, just Latina instead of white

Also living in National City instead of Metropolis. She appeared in the 90s Superman cartoon series and while they technically couldn't come out and say she was gay they did imply it pretty heavily.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

McSpanky posted:

Maggie Sawyer is an original Superman universe character from the comics. The only things she has in common with Montoya are being gay (which was a change, or at least an addition, to Montoya's initial characterization) and Hispanic (which is a change to Sawyer's in this version) so technically they're meeting each other half way.

Wait, is this the same Maggie that Batwoman was engaged to?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chokes McGee posted:

Wait, is this the same Maggie that Batwoman was engaged to?

Yeah

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

spooky like this! posted:

Also living in National City instead of Metropolis. She appeared in the 90s Superman cartoon series and while they technically couldn't come out and say she was gay they did imply it pretty heavily.

How did they imply? I am always curious about this stuff.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Hollismason posted:

How did they imply? I am always curious about this stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eS2pQ4W648

And I believe later in the ep they're holding each other as they watch on TV Darkseid's war machine rolling through Metropolis with Superman in chains.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

McSpanky posted:

And I believe later in the ep they're holding each other as they watch on TV Darkseid's war machine rolling through Metropolis with Superman in chains.

Did they ever give any sort of justification for Dan's eyebrows?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Dan Turpin needs no justification.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Azhais posted:

Did they ever give any sort of justification for Dan's eyebrows?

He was Jack Kirby.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I mean that literally

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I mean that literally

This made me rewatch the death of Turpin and ya done made me cry.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

This made me rewatch the death of Turpin and ya done made me cry.

In the end, the world doesn't need a super man. :(

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

This is extremely my poo poo. Hopefully her existence on Earth-Supergirl can make up for DC making one of the stupidest loving editorial moves in their existence.

Also I'm split between Alex being "just a badass human agent" and Matrix even though I have no reason to expect the latter :D

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
Slightly heavy handed social commentary this episode but I just love how campy and silly and awesome this show is and I don't care who finds out!

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
They should have done a storyline where Lena's device correctly identifies Kara as an alien and they laugh it off as the device still having bugs, but Lena privately decides to investigate Kara.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I kind of feel bad for the actress who played Lucy because she went from semi-regular as a smart military lawyer to guest starring on No Tomorrow as Xavier's weekly bone where her entire part was being sexed up and barely dressed.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

I kind of feel bad for the actress who played Lucy because she went from semi-regular as a smart military lawyer to guest starring on No Tomorrow as Xavier's weekly bone where her entire part was being sexed up and barely dressed.

She's married to Channing Tatum, I assume "sexed up" and "barely dressed" describe most things in her life.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

She's very pretty in a full JAG outfit tho :allears:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Please let Kate Kane/Batwoman show up as Maggie's GF :pray:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Xelkelvos posted:

She should be her wife, since they can't get married in the comics.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Maxwell Lord posted:

She should be her wife, since they can't get married in the comics.

God drat right.

"Batwoman's not embargoed, right? This is Earth-Supergirl, so we're doing an alternate take on the character. Now kindly gently caress off."
-The writers to DC Editorial, I hope

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
When they were doing the 'tracing bits of elements left by Metallo' thing for a moment I was expecting Superman to call Bruce because that was very much a Batman thing in an unfolding Justice League-y situation.

Batwoman would also work nicely.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Batwoman also gives us more "my cousin " fun times.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Xelkelvos posted:

Considering the arc they seem to have planned for Maggie, I think if Batwoman does show up, she'll be an ex.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
You know what I also forgot? DEO was a big deal in the Batwoman comics as well.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Xelkelvos posted:

You know what I also forgot? DEO was a big deal in the Batwoman comics as well.

Director Bones :getin:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
How does Melissa Benoist possess so much weapons grade adorable? My sister so wants to be her best friend.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

How does Melissa Benoist possess so much weapons grade adorable? My sister so wants to be her best friend.

She hugged me WizardWorld!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Rhyno posted:

She hugged me WizardWorld!

drat you, Rhyno. drat YOU! You lucky son of a bitch.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gonz posted:

drat you, Rhyno. drat YOU! You lucky son of a bitch.

She's SO TINY. We met Chyler Leigh too and she talked to us for way longer.

But having met Melissa it's how I can tell that Tyler Hoechner is not much taller than my tiny as hell self.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Rhyno posted:

She's SO TINY. We met Chyler Leigh too and she talked to us for way longer.

But having met Melissa it's how I can tell that Tyler Hoechner is not much taller than my tiny as hell self.

I'm 6'5". I once met Sarah Michelle Gellar at the height of Buffy popularity. I felt like Andre the Giant talking to Rey Mysterio.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Gonz posted:

I'm 6'5". I once met Sarah Michelle Gellar at the height of Buffy popularity. I felt like Andre the Giant talking to Rey Mysterio.

I'm 6'1" I met SMG too and it was so strange looking down at her.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

Director Bones :getin:

I imagine J'onn and Alex have a similar relationship to Bones and Cameron Chase.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gonz posted:

I'm 5'8" and Melissa is probably really only 5'4". I met Kirsten Belle like 12 years ago and if she's a hair over 5'1" I'd be shocked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Rhyno posted:

I'm 5'8" and Melissa is probably really only 5'4". I met Kirsten Belle like 12 years ago and if she's a hair over 5'1" I'd be shocked.

Kristen Bell is notoriously short. 5'1" sounds about right.