Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

10 - 15 years ago was when the remake, Land of the dead, 28 days later and Shaun of the dead came out. Zombies were huge and everyone who liked those films were very aware of Romero's originals and the social commentary of Dawn, which was barely more subtle than the opening of SotD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
they better not gyp us out of an actual haloween commentary track this year the frocks.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Zombie movies were always around since NotLD but they weren't as popular as slashers or sci-fi. By the 2000s, the horror nerds that were scared of zombies as kids grew up and could make their own movies. I was going to say more about culture and politics but "nerds grew up" is good enough.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Irradiation posted:

So the racist caricature of Jews wouldn't seem as obvious.

How is the short ugly big-nosed money obsessed unscrupulous small business owner with a vaguely Yiddish accent raci...nvm

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Natalie Portman, Harrison Ford, and Carrie Fisher are all Jewish. Frank Oz is also Jewish.

But the real genius of George Lucas shines through, when you realise that Ewan McGregor and Alec Guinness both have/had Jewish wives. Talk about poetry.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

MrSlam posted:

How is the short ugly big-nosed money obsessed unscrupulous small business owner with a vaguely Yiddish accent raci...nvm

They just HAD to give him the little hat too, didn't they?

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

I thought I was imagining things when it came to TPM but then they showed him with the loving hat

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

MrSlam posted:

I thought I was imagining things when it came to TPM but then they showed him with the loving hat

don't forget the more pronounced jewish neckbeard.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

dsriggs posted:

Now i'm gonna get spergy and say this hat doesn't even make sense because the brim doesn't even go over his gigantic loving nose. If you wear a hat in the desert you want that poo poo to provide as much coverage from the sun as possible.

:argh: lucassssssssss!

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

reignofevil posted:

Now i'm gonna get spergy and say this hat doesn't even make sense because the brim doesn't even go over his gigantic loving nose. If you wear a hat in the desert you want that poo poo to provide as much coverage from the sun as possible.

:argh: lucassssssssss!

stop judging the brave ww1 veteran.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

dsriggs posted:

I thought it was one of those soup bowls with a gigantic rim.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Lucas a racist so what? Those movies still would've sucked even if the Trade Federation sounded british and Jar Jar sounded like Tim Kaine and Watto was a loving redneck. He's a terrible script writer first and a bit of a bigot second.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

FrensaGeran posted:

Lucas a racist so what? Those movies still would've sucked even if the Trade Federation sounded british and Jar Jar sounded like Tim Kaine and Watto was a loving redneck. He's a terrible script writer first and a bit of a bigot second.

calm down donald trump.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

dreezy posted:

calm down donald trump.

I want a ban on all your posts entering the forum until we find out what the hell is going on.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

So this is apparently the "real" RLM thread now. I don't know how to feel.

AAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDSSSSSSS!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Mike reflexively saying "Rich no" when Jay mentioned gunning down kids was the highlight of this re:View for me.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
jay has always been pro child murder. rich is pro child molestation.

rich "you can't gently caress em if they're dead" evans.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Indolent Bastard posted:

It's almost like they did that on purpose.

"When there's no more room in Hell, Mike and Jay will discuss the George A. Romero zombie classic Dawn of the Dead and manage to avoid using the phrase "social commentary" the entire time."

I'm aware of that, it's still a dumb idea.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
We're all so very proud of Mike :unsmith:

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Wicker Man posted:

We're all so very proud of Mike :unsmith:

he's really grown as a person since starting redlettermedia

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
Yeah but he hasn't grown much as a caterpillar though. I guess you have to pick your battles...

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
maybe one day he'll stop being a racist.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

dreezy posted:

maybe one day he'll stop being a racist.

Don't worry, goons can and will always find little comments to obsess over.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
new to the conversation -- how's Mike racist?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
He mentioned how Hollywood is using Chinese actors now solely to make more money in China so he's racist now.

Also I think there was a guy a long time ago who said he knew the RLM crew and said Mike was a drunken racist and Rich's parents were both crackheads?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

ceaselessfuture posted:

Anyone who mentions race in any context is racist dontchaknow?

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

ceaselessfuture posted:

He is a white man from Wisconsin. What more do you need?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

WampaLord posted:

So this is apparently the "real" RLM thread now. I don't know how to feel.

AAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDSSSSSSS!

Why, what happened to the byob one?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

People stopped posting in it.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

I was about to make a long effort post about Mike's diversity comments in his TFA review.

But everybody has that part of their brain that says "We better not." You know, it's the part of your brain that turns on when you want to say something that makes you sound profound and makes you feel smart and justified in your life choices, but you know you're just going to look like a total jack-rear end. And then you stop yourself.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I'm always terrified one of these guys is going to finally slip up and say something "deeply problematic" and then double down on it and get all defensive when people roll their eyes, and then the whole thing will be soured.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Baronjutter posted:

I'm always terrified one of these guys is going to finally slip up and say something "deeply problematic" and then double down on it and get all defensive when people roll their eyes, and then the whole thing will be soured.

It has been and will always be Rich

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

FrensaGeran posted:

It has been and will always be Rich

Rich or Mike

Top Ten Worst Things To Place Bets On

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I hate to say it, but Rich "Ching-Chong Wing-Wong Frashbar" Evans is right about disney's race pandering.

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
I know the devil is real.

Paladinus posted:

Natalie Portman, Harrison Ford, and Carrie Fisher are all Jewish. Frank Oz is also Jewish.

But the real genius of George Lucas shines through, when you realise that Ewan McGregor and Alec Guinness both have/had Jewish wives. Talk about poetry.

that wifes name? schindler's list

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

JC is my daily bread

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

The guy who did the Watto voice isn't Jewish sooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

FrensaGeran posted:

The guy who did the Watto voice isn't Jewish sooooo

He could be a crypto-jew. They're sneaky you know.

• Locked thread