Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They'll give us Knack on Christmas I can feel it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Anyone tried Exile's End? Looks very Metroid-y

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Well...at least we got one month of better games before they went back to the standard.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Rapture is really slow but the story did manage to grab me, it can be really god damned pretty and the soundtrack is fantastic. You really do have to have more patience than it will be worth for most people but I enjoyed what was there with some reservations and free is a good price for it if you're unsure.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Kurtofan posted:

this month was good.
no doubt REmake is good but it's from 2002, not this generation

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Transformers is also really good

Proposition Castle
Aug 9, 2004
Witty message goes here.

glam rock hamhock posted:

Transformers is also really good

Yeah I played through that with a huge grin on my face the whole time. Deadly Tower had an interesting demo. It didn't go enough into the non-combat mechanics to warrant a buy so I'm looking forward to playing it.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Working through a second playthrough of Witcher 3, is there any reason not to get the season pass? I don't think the season pass ever goes on sale, does it?

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Witcher 3 DLC is well worth it.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Oscar Wild posted:

I don't think the season pass ever goes on sale, does it?
Not that I know of, but as has been said, it's a good value. If you're playing through the game a second time, I gather you like it, and the DLC is an extension of more of the same great storytelling.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Deadly Tower of Monsters seems ok, I couldn't care less about Rapture though.

Jewce
Mar 11, 2008
I'm just hoping that dying light goes on sale in the second week of the sale so the friends I've been telling to get it can finally be persuaded and I can play coop.

For anyone that doesn't have dying light, you should definitely look into getting it, whether it goes on sale next week or not. I was pretty burnt out on open world games, but the game loving rules.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Oscar Wild posted:

Working through a second playthrough of Witcher 3, is there any reason not to get the season pass? I don't think the season pass ever goes on sale, does it?

Not that I can recall. The dlc is 100% worth it. Probably the best dlc content I've ever played and some of the storylines are better than the main story, IMO.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'd love to get Dying Light but they love having it go on "sale" for 20 dollars or higher. They can gently caress off with that.

smuh
Feb 21, 2011

Oscar Wild posted:

The second expansion is easy 40 hours of quality content for 20$, just pay the full price, they really kinda deserve it

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Think of it as 20 bucks towards them making their next cyberpunk game.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Oscar Wild posted:

Everyone's already said it, but the Witcher 3 DLC is well worth it. It's some old school price:value expansion pack goodness.

Hearts of Stone is a really loving solid questline, and Blood and Wine is a whole new area and a phenomenal send-off to the series. Toussaint is like a painting in motion.

Take it from the guy with Geralt as his avatar.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Has anyone had issues adding funds to their wallet via CC or PayPal? I've tried both the CC I used to have set as a default payment method on PSN and PayPal, but I get an error message that the information is not valid when I try to add funds. The address and everything else obviously jives with my CC and PayPal information.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Oscar Wild posted:

I honestly wish the entire game + all the expansions had been done in the same setting and style as Blood & Wine, the last DLC. By far my favorite part of Witcher 3.

Jewce
Mar 11, 2008

Kirios posted:

I'd love to get Dying Light but they love having it go on "sale" for 20 dollars or higher. They can gently caress off with that.

That includes the following, which is $20 alone. Dying light:the following edition is easily worth $30 and since I've been trying to get my friends to purchase, I actually feel it's easily worth it even not on sale at all. It's really loving fun.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Goons, bitching about a service that they don't have to pay for: wahhh

Me, a wise man: All of these games are exciting for me to play.

Vote with your wallet, dips.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Relin posted:

no doubt REmake is good but it's from 2002, not this generation

yes, it doesnt count as a good free game for this reason

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Bogart posted:

I pay for PSN because I have to for online play which is also dumb but that battle was lost long ago.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Bogart posted:

Finally, an enlightened poster points out that we're the dumb ones. Good post!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ps+, wow it stinks!!!!

now wheres my pulitzer, for the good insight people wanna read

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Pulled the trigger on the Witcher 3 dlc. Thanks for the input. The game is so much more fun on a second playthrough, because I feel a lot less desire to find things on the map. If only the gwent achievement wasn't so abstractly difficult

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

rabidsquid posted:

ps+, wow it stinks!!!!

now wheres my pulitzer, for the good insight people wanna read

Polygon's hiring, my good friend.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Speaking of Witcher 3, if I never played the previous games should I opt out of simulating a Witcher 2 save. I assume if you don't it gives you the 'canon' path kr whatever but when they do a similar thing in Bioware games it meant killing off everyone possible from previous games and missing out on sidequests.

Is it a similar sitch here, or is there an 'optimal' path of simulating the save and choosing certain choices?

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Saoshyant posted:

Polygon's hiring, my good friend.
The post felt more like a Kotaku writing style to me. Then again... who knows what all will make it through the Gawker transition funeral and zombification? :v:

FishBulb posted:

I pay for PSN because I have to for online play which is also dumb but that battle was lost long ago.
I figured out how to win that battle by playing online games on my computer. Granted, it did take the recent reduction in PS+'s value (i.e. a price hike with nothing new to account for it) for me to start shifting that way.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
At least someone's happy about getting Rapture: It's me. :unsmith:

Walk-em-ups are a nice change of pace, and free's a good price for something that's a bit of a gamble. DTOM looks fun too.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

MisterAlex posted:

The post felt more like a Kotaku writing style to me.

I really hope a rejected applicant for a writer position at Polygon got this as a response.

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004
Weight gain is impossible.

Oscar Wild posted:

Pulled the trigger on the Witcher 3 dlc. Thanks for the input. The game is so much more fun on a second playthrough, because I feel a lot less desire to find things on the map. If only the gwent achievement wasn't so abstractly difficult

Was that to find every card? They added in a compendium of some sort but I don't know if it made a difference.

The only downside to Witcher 3 and Blood & Wine in particular is that they raised my expectations for video games forever. I can't wait to see how the Cyberpunk game turns out.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Has anyone had issues adding funds to their wallet via CC or PayPal? I've tried both the CC I used to have set as a default payment method on PSN and PayPal, but I get an error message that the information is not valid when I try to add funds. The address and everything else obviously jives with my CC and PayPal information.
The address didn't jive in some small way that you're never going to figure out and will never get an answer from Sony. As soon as it failed once you were locked out from all payment methods for a temporary period, even the PayPal. If you really want to use PayPal try again tomorrow, or the next day.

My advice: do not use PayPal either unless you are prepared to work with Sony's spotty call center to resolve any fraud or disputes. The merchant agreement you sign to use PayPal with PSN prevents PayPal from refunding anything themselves. Though if you did a chargeback on your CC you would get permanently banned anyways.

Really, just give up and buy Amazon codes. When you do get your account stolen some day at least you'll only lose the money you already paid.

PBnJamo
Feb 11, 2014
Deadly Tower of Monsters is pretty cool. It does a great job of using crummy sci-fi movie aesthetics in all its dialogue, visuals, and effects that it really comes together. Pretty much just a simple top down action game and it isn't very long or hard. It does make you question if crummy animations or weird shenanigans are intentional or not. The ending is really strong though. So if you like the aesthetic, I urge you to stick with it even if the combat isn't your thing. It's a good payoff.

Course, bought the darn thing last month for 7 bucks. Hooray for ps+.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Dewgy posted:

At least someone's happy about getting Rapture: It's me. :unsmith:

Walk-em-ups are a nice change of pace, and free's a good price for something that's a bit of a gamble. DTOM looks fun too.

Rapture is a very good game, I loved it. It's beautiful, the soundtrack is amazing, and going for the plat got me to spend more time in the world to find story I missed, which made up for some of my initial misgivings. I still have it installed as I know at some point I will have the urge to stroll around those villages again.

Pro-tip for Rapture. There's a secret run walk faster button which helps the pacing. Each named area has a set number of main and side story nodes you can can activate. When you get all the main story nodes, you get a nighttime stars effect. I recommend, if you can, to see the nighttime stars before moving on to the next named area. You don't need to, the game is just about exploring and piecing the little stories together, but it marks a nice chapter end and I wish I had been told this before playing. But it's a lovely chill 1984 village simulator. Hell, that rainy caravan site was my '80s holidays, got massive nostalgia in that part of the map.

Costume Quest 2 is a disappointment. I loved the first game. But you know how the combat was the worst part? I mean it had the cute "you become your costume" thing, but it's shallow as hell and there is just a little bit too much of it by the end. You put up with it through because the story is great and the overall experience was a solid 4/5. Well CQ2 is basically loads more combat, unchanged, and only a little bit more story. I found it an utter slog. I'll probably do a CQ1 Halloween replay, but I don't think I'll ever replay CQ2 again. Worth seeing once, if you played the original, but it's average to dissapointing overall.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

glam rock hamhock posted:

The Fall is really good, especially at that price. Be warned it really should have an "episode 1" in the title because it ends on a cliffhanger and it does suffer from some adventure game logic but pretty much everything else in it is pretty good to great.

They have finally started showing off "Episode 2."

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Oh cool Beyond: Two Souls is free on JP PS+ for November. Now I don't have to gamble any money on whether or not it'll be as good as Heavy Rain was.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's worse, just fyi

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Getsuya posted:

Oh cool Beyond: Two Souls is free on JP PS+ for November. Now I don't have to gamble any money on whether or not it'll be as good as Heavy Rain was.

But they only list the PS3 version, no PS4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

CrashCat posted:

The address didn't jive in some small way that you're never going to figure out and will never get an answer from Sony. As soon as it failed once you were locked out from all payment methods for a temporary period, even the PayPal. If you really want to use PayPal try again tomorrow, or the next day.

My advice: do not use PayPal either unless you are prepared to work with Sony's spotty call center to resolve any fraud or disputes. The merchant agreement you sign to use PayPal with PSN prevents PayPal from refunding anything themselves. Though if you did a chargeback on your CC you would get permanently banned anyways.

Really, just give up and buy Amazon codes. When you do get your account stolen some day at least you'll only lose the money you already paid.

Prepaid codes are a workable solution so that's fine. I took the CC off as a default payment method years ago because I didn't want to wake up one morning to hundreds of dollars in spurious charges that Sony would never refund. Seems like the people who started a PSN thread for this on their forums all got nowhere with Sony's support.

• Locked thread