Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Malgrin posted:

Here ya go, secret TI strategy. Don't share outside of here or there will probably be a manhunt. They're pretty spergy about this kinda thing:

e: This raid is really optimized for people with 20+ raid capable heroes. You guys might be on Normal for awhile (I'm in the bottom TI guild, and we might drop to Normal).

Funny because as I was getting Aayla to 6* today I was thinking, man her Leader ability is actually pretty good now that there are some good Jedi, why don't we see her lead anywhere? She's only g8 so I don't think she'll be able to do that much this time around but it's good to know for the near future I should press all the way with her. Meantime, DROIDS RULE p2 YAY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

Your initial objective should be to get an arena team capable of reaching the top 200. At that point you'll be getting 100 crystals a day (75 from arena and 25 from the dailies), which is two regular energy refreshes per day at 50 each. This will help ramp your daily exp. As you do better at arena, you can start adding cantina refreshes.

I partially agree with this. You get a whole bunch of free crystals when you start, and even more if you have a samsung device (if you are on an iPhone, you are boned, sorry, but if you are on an android device, you can download bluestacks for your computer, login to your account, and still get these free crystals).
From there, especially with all the crystals you get from quests and other things, you should be able to spend 50/50 on regular and 100 on cantina for a long time without running out. I'd even run 100/100 on cantina until you can't. Farming Lando faster will give your arena team a HUGE boost. I'm not exaggerating at all.

oops wrong forum posted:

Funny because as I was getting Aayla to 6* today I was thinking, man her Leader ability is actually pretty good now that there are some good Jedi, why don't we see her lead anywhere? She's only g8 so I don't think she'll be able to do that much this time around but it's good to know for the near future I should press all the way with her. Meantime, DROIDS RULE p2 YAY

Yeah, I haven't even started her. I think that once I have a better set of Speed mods, I'm going to work on Aayla or Fisto. I like Fisto's synergy with Kenobi more, but at this point, I don't see myself getting him anytime soon, so maybe Aayla is better? I dunno. Also, somehow, IGD and Ugnaught are good in this mode. I've been farming the wrong heroes the entire time this game.... (JK, they're still only good in this raid only)

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

My inner sperg hates that red number on the character icon whenever I have gear I'm waiting to equip on someone.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Did 400k with IGD lead, Anakin, Aayla, Kit Fisto and QGJ. Not using Jedi in arena atm so they all have ghetto mods, mostly 1*-2*. IGD is definívely a star, both for his leader abilitiy and his basic.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
We are finally into P2, and there is a pretty good list of teams per phase that was posted to reddit: http://pastebin.com/4KbeE8RD

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Malgrin posted:

I partially agree with this. You get a whole bunch of free crystals when you start, and even more if you have a samsung device (if you are on an iPhone, you are boned, sorry, but if you are on an android device, you can download bluestacks for your computer, login to your account, and still get these free crystals).
From there, especially with all the crystals you get from quests and other things, you should be able to spend 50/50 on regular and 100 on cantina for a long time without running out. I'd even run 100/100 on cantina until you can't. Farming Lando faster will give your arena team a HUGE boost. I'm not exaggerating at all.

Yeah, I haven't even started her. I think that once I have a better set of Speed mods, I'm going to work on Aayla or Fisto. I like Fisto's synergy with Kenobi more, but at this point, I don't see myself getting him anytime soon, so maybe Aayla is better? I dunno. Also, somehow, IGD and Ugnaught are good in this mode. I've been farming the wrong heroes the entire time this game.... (JK, they're still only good in this raid only)

Also get wedge as soon as you can. I'm at level 73 and I just unlocked him and holy poo poo my rebel team is steamrolling everything now.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

two_step posted:

We are finally into P2, and there is a pretty good list of teams per phase that was posted to reddit: http://pastebin.com/4KbeE8RD

Oh darn, I finally have some good advice for P1. I've spent a bunch of time retreating to test out team comps (which unfortunately means I missed out on about 2 attacks because raid timer isnt' 24 hours, it's a set time....).

Anyways, I'm really liking Teebo (L), Chirpa, EE, Palp, Phasma. If I had Scout leveled/geared, I would likely run him over Palp. Anyways, Palp's shock is great for preventing taunt and preventing B2's TM gain. I usually just kill B2 quickly anyways, but if GG's ability is up, this helps. I would run QGJ in here for more TM reduction, but I like splitting my cleanses (Teebo and QGJ -- and, once I level/gear her to 9ish, Asajj, she might be good here for mass removal).

Also, you should be counting your hits on GG when you are running TM removal. If you time things right, you can make your 10th attack with Teebo or another TM remover. If you land that, he will gain his TM and ability, and then lose TM, meaning he doesn't get to immediately go. If you get really lucky and do this with Chirpa's assist ability, you can then immediately remove GG's ability with Teebo, and basically get a free pass. No droids rezzed, etc.

e: On counting hits, I think hits from the previous attack count over. You can attack him once, count the hits on him, see when he gets it, and then reset your attack and start from there.

Field Mousepad posted:

Also get wedge as soon as you can. I'm at level 73 and I just unlocked him and holy poo poo my rebel team is steamrolling everything now.

Yeah. If you can start farming Wedge while Lando is roughly 6*, that's worth it. Wedge + Lando + Biggs is ridiculously overpowered in everything. Run wedge lead in GW and you'll see what I mean.

e2: This makes me laugh and cry at the same time.

quote:

diezel [10:54 AM]
How do I spend in the Google play store to keep my wife in the dark? Are there Google play gift cards for purchase?

the_arbo [10:55 AM]
Costco has pretty good Google Play cards IIRC
[10:55]
something like buy 100 for 75 or something

byris [10:56 AM]
@diezel most grocery stores & walmart have google play gift cards

pac0naut [10:56 AM]
Now I wish I had a Costco card.

baldwookiee [10:56 AM]
Changing locations in play store no longer works?

diezel [10:56 AM]
gently caress. I'm oblivious!
[10:56]
Thx
[10:57]
My wife sees the debits, so buying the card is easier to hide

bigshow [10:58 AM]
Finally someone else in my boat

diezel [10:58 AM]
I can blow $50 in the grocery store no big deal, but Google play purchases she sees as unnecessary
[10:58]
Lol big show

pac0naut [10:58 AM]
LOL, my wife doesn't see my credit card, and TBH, I don't think she cares as long as I'm honest as to what the balance is and it gets paid off in a timely manner.

byris [11:02 AM]
now you can do your wife a "Favor" and do the "Grocery Shopping" too
[11:02]
make sure to use her coupons as well!!
[11:03]
husband of the year.. yet dirty embezzler.. all in one! Win Win!!

e3: Lol, someone doesn't know how to use print screen. That said, good info

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Oct 24, 2016

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Malgrin posted:

Lol, someone doesn't know how to use print screen.

$10 says he's a whale. Also, holy poo poo. That score is absolutely bonkers. I really need to gear my 47, 86, and Nebit now.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Malgrin posted:

e3: Lol, someone doesn't know how to use print screen. That said, good info

I have this team maxed and modded, I will trip report tomorrow

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

oops wrong forum posted:

I have this team maxed and modded, I will trip report tomorrow

I am now farming HK -- wish I had him already. Those credits sure were nice though....

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Once again I do not have any of these new meta teams so I just auto, this raid is an unfun slog with animations that take way too long, really cba with this.

Would totally not suprise me if the raid was balanced with the original version of mods in mind and they just didn't bother changing it.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Man the meta has really left me behind. I should probably spend some crystals to see if I can get back on track tomorrow or something.

Also, this is long overdue, but I realized I'd gotten kicked by the guild at some point and wanted to check if it was just not contributing enough to raids etc.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Malgrin posted:

I am now farming HK -- wish I had him already. Those credits sure were nice though....

Lol that is my arena team, but with less gear levels. I guess I should give it a run on phase 2.

Edit and I mean my gear levels are mere g9 and such his are way better and I assume mods as well.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Serperoth posted:

Man the meta has really left me behind. I should probably spend some crystals to see if I can get back on track tomorrow or something.

Also, this is long overdue, but I realized I'd gotten kicked by the guild at some point and wanted to check if it was just not contributing enough to raids etc.

Which guild? I only kick people out of IGD when they show a last login longer than a week and haven't been spending their energy and getting us guild coins. I don't think anyone cares about raid contributions.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Yo. Checking in to say I just got back from vacation last night to find out my internet is hosed. It looks like I may not be able to get in to the game for a bit while my ISP is figuring it out.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
So I got QGJ up to 4 stars and have to make a decision on whether or not I should push him to 5 stars before unlocking Daka. Upside to pushing to 5 stars is it will help my Arena progress (sitting between 50-100 with no real improvement on that in sight), downside is that it will probably delay me being able to complete 5F Hard DS which gives me access to a 2nd level for RG shards. I will unlock stage 5 DS tomorrow. If I can do it with a 3 star talia then I don't need to swap off QGJ just yet.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Well, we just started our 2nd reset for our normal raid (so, everyone is getting their 3rd set of attacks in), and it's our first full day in P2. I landed 1.2 mil with Wedge (L), Biggs, Lando, AA, Leia. All max gear level except Leia (G9). Leia was pretty good, but I can see where Raid Han would've been better. I should start calling him Raiden. Anyways, I think that team comp, and the HK, 86, 88, Nebit, JE team comps are best for P2. I've got an assortment of mods, Wiggs and Lando have my best mods cause they're my arena team, while Leia and AA have decent ones. If i could have the perfect mod sets for the raid, I'd probably go Crit Damage + Crit % on Wedge/Lando/Biggs, with Speed, Crit Dmg, and health on the right side of mods. A little extra health goes a long ways in this because of the Wedge leader, and the tank does hit pretty hard after it comes off topple. I'd run Speed + Crit % on AA and Leia, same right hand mods. Also health on all of them for the bottom left. I'd put my best speed secondaries on AA, you want him going superspeed so he can keep debuffing the tank. You could also run EE over Leia to help keep people topped off/cleansed.

I'm still farming speed set mods though, going to be awhile. I feel like I get one useful mod per week -- there's no point in running a speed set if you don't also have at least 5 speed in the secondary. At least the mods I partially level I can throw onto c, d, and e teams for the raid...

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Can confirm that Droid comp rules, did 2.1 mil with 6 or 7 topples. The amount of dmg they can do when the tank is toppled is what does it really, everybody can get lots of max dmg hits in from HK's Leader.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

two_step posted:

Which guild? I only kick people out of IGD when they show a last login longer than a week and haven't been spending their energy and getting us guild coins. I don't think anyone cares about raid contributions.

I was in IGD yeah. I wasn't buying extra energy or anything but I rarely let it get to the cap, irl permitting. Just doing the usual day by day, farming shards and what not, so it had me curious, but I only bothered recently :v:
My name in game was Rung, by the way

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
I am terrible at this raid. Eventually I will get better I hope.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Serperoth posted:

I was in IGD yeah. I wasn't buying extra energy or anything but I rarely let it get to the cap, irl permitting. Just doing the usual day by day, farming shards and what not, so it had me curious, but I only bothered recently :v:
My name in game was Rung, by the way

Maybe I am confusing you with someone else, but I think you were kicked a while ago, like a month maybe? I think it was for not following directions on the raid damage stuff? If you are back to playing every day, we can reinvite you. Basically our only rule is that only 0 damage on the rancor for the first 12 hours.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

two_step posted:

Maybe I am confusing you with someone else, but I think you were kicked a while ago, like a month maybe? I think it was for not following directions on the raid damage stuff? If you are back to playing every day, we can reinvite you. Basically our only rule is that only 0 damage on the rancor for the first 12 hours.

Oh yeah, I remember this. We tried to get your attention both on here and in chat.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
QGJ needs players please sign up I want Han Solo.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
We are halfway through phase 2 !

:suicide:

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
Why do they limit the number of times you can attack? Especially on the "easy" difficulty. Yesterday I had to forfeit 1 of my 5 attempts because the tank had a kill shot queued up. I sent in a unit just to sacrifice it so I'd have a chance at a real attempt. Today it's the exact same thing. This new raid has so many issues.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

two_step posted:

Malgrin posted:

Oh yeah, I remember this. We tried to get your attention both on here and in chat.

That might be it, I'm on Euro time so raids might have started near my times. I'll have that in mind, and hope I don't accidentally unbookmark again.

And, ideally, check guildchat a bit. Presuming you guys are okay with a cheap scrub taking up a guild slot :v:

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
So I've noticed that doing the str/int/agi challenge will refresh your ally list if you do it manually at least. Does anyone know if it resets if you sim it? I think it might refresh even if you fail the mission as long as you try manually.

Also does anyone have any 81+ DS guys that I can add like palpatine for some help clearing stuff?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Boozie posted:

So I've noticed that doing the str/int/agi challenge will refresh your ally list if you do it manually at least. Does anyone know if it resets if you sim it? I think it might refresh even if you fail the mission as long as you try manually.

Also does anyone have any 81+ DS guys that I can add like palpatine for some help clearing stuff?

313-466-624

I have some extra friend slots. Let me know who you want as lead. I have most of the best DS heroes.

e: Forgot to respond to the first bit. I'm not quite sure what you mean by refresh your ally list. Do you mean the allies you get to pick from? If you want to see a different sampling of allies to bring with you, you can just hit the back button, and then try again.

e2: Instinct uses a FFA system for heroic rancor. You get 24 hours to "ante" and then everyone goes into FFA mode. Additionally, you can preload one run's worth of damage, but must wait 5 minutes to release it, UNLESS you can clear the whole raid, then you need to wait 15 minutes. Anyways, today I hit my record with 50% of P2, for a total of 4.3 million damage on Heroic Rancor.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Oct 26, 2016

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
189-255-676

Feel free to peruse my (formerly) maxed Papa Palp.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Added both of you (as Boozie). I think Palp is the best for basically solo clearing levels unless you have someone else in mind. My guys are all dead by round 2.

Malgrin posted:

e: Forgot to respond to the first bit. I'm not quite sure what you mean by refresh your ally list. Do you mean the allies you get to pick from? If you want to see a different sampling of allies to bring with you, you can just hit the back button, and then try again.

Once you use an ally, I don't think he shows up again for a period of time including the refresh you are talking about. If you do the str/int/agi challenge that will reset the 'ally cooldown' I'm pretty sure.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Boozie posted:

Once you use an ally, I don't think he shows up again for a period of time including the refresh you are talking about. If you do the str/int/agi challenge that will reset the 'ally cooldown' I'm pretty sure.

Wow, I didn't know this. Otherwise I think it resets with the 6 hour shipments cooldown.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

Malgrin posted:

Wow, I didn't know this. Otherwise I think it resets with the 6 hour shipments cooldown.

Also I just confirmed that manually running it and failing the challenge will reset the cooldown meaning you have unlimited ally use as until you do your last challenge for the day. Important to note that if you sim the challenge, I don't think it resets.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Added both Malgrin and Mr. Neutron, as Rung.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Jumping on the ally add bandwagon, as Quellek.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Somebody on Reddit posted the rewards for the T6 raid and it's loving hot garbage. A literal waste of time.

Link to images https://i.redd.it/2vznkaxbmutx.jpg

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

xyigx posted:

Somebody on Reddit posted the rewards for the T6 raid and it's loving hot garbage. A literal waste of time.

Link to images https://i.redd.it/2vznkaxbmutx.jpg

On top of that, my initial estimate for P3 is >40 million hp. I forgot to run numbers for P2, but it was so much easier than P1. Will do more calculations tomorrow when I can run a team that can do > 500k damage, which will give a better estimate.

e: Plus side, those credit/guild credit rewards aren't too shabby. Better than Heroic Rancor. It is a ridiculous amount of time spent to get it though...just means you need to polish up your troops so you can run Heroic -- remember, by the time everyone hits 85, this raid should be easy.

Zone of Danger
Apr 21, 2010

Malgrin posted:

On top of that, my initial estimate for P3 is >40 million hp. I forgot to run numbers for P2, but it was so much easier than P1. Will do more calculations tomorrow when I can run a team that can do > 500k damage, which will give a better estimate.

e: Plus side, those credit/guild credit rewards aren't too shabby. Better than Heroic Rancor. It is a ridiculous amount of time spent to get it though...just means you need to polish up your troops so you can run Heroic -- remember, by the time everyone hits 85, this raid should be easy.

Are the 5 levels going to make that much difference? Part of that calculation is the gear level, which is mostly locked behind raid-only rewards (which you could buy with chromium I guess). Are there characters that can get an extra gear level with just challenge/story farmable gear drops?

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Zone of Danger posted:

Are the 5 levels going to make that much difference? Part of that calculation is the gear level, which is mostly locked behind raid-only rewards (which you could buy with chromium I guess). Are there characters that can get an extra gear level with just challenge/story farmable gear drops?

Not a whole gear level, but you can get a few parts (I think). Lots of the stuff is on the dark side levels, which is locked til 85.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Zone of Danger posted:

Also don't forget that you have less tenacity and less potency against a higher level opponent. So, by gaining 5 levels, you're also gaining tenacity and potency for these raids. Your base stats will not change a whole lot, but it will help quite a bit. By the time you get to 84, you'll probably be able to get a couple more heroes to G11, which will also make a big difference, not to mention the general time spent rounding out your crew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zone of Danger
Apr 21, 2010

Malgrin posted:

Also don't forget that you have less tenacity and less potency against a higher level opponent. So, by gaining 5 levels, you're also gaining tenacity and potency for these raids. Your base stats will not change a whole lot, but it will help quite a bit. By the time you get to 84, you'll probably be able to get a couple more heroes to G11, which will also make a big difference, not to mention the general time spent rounding out your crew.

Yeah that's fair. I honestly think people are overreacting a little and this will look a bit different in a couple weeks, and the mistake here was releasing this a week after the level cap change.

I'd guess they needed to do it on this schedule because ships is the bigger feature and that needs to release around the movie in December. Delaying this raid any further eats into that effort.