Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
I got The Wormwood in a FWC package. I don't know if sidearms are really any good, but I've had a lot of luck with this one in the crucible for the thorn bounty. True sight/sureshot/quickdraw is, high caliber rounds/quickdraw, fitted stock/cascade. That roll any good?

Ed; just read the last couple of pages, gently caress you guys sidearms are fun

Lucas Archer fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Oct 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Bungie Bounty Employee Guy running:

Hawksaw with Spo28
1000yard with 6.5x mag scope
Throwing grenade first on his wombos

:gitgud:

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
gauranteed he gets told to use non-god rolls because otherwise people would have a meltdown if he was rocking a LITC Rifled eyasluna and a rifled rangefinder matador

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

gauranteed he gets told to use non-god rolls because otherwise people would have a meltdown if he was rocking a LITC Rifled eyasluna and a rifled rangefinder matador

Um he's using all top meta weapons he's just rocking the "Reddit PvE Guy" perks

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
lol if you run anything but slo-19 on your hawksaw.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lol if you run a Hawksaw tbh

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc
I'm bad at trials and my clever dragon has subpar rolls. Been enjoying this fitted stock, CB, handlaid stock hawksaw tho.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Shouldn't IB be next week

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
I hope so and I hope it's clever dragon week so I can get a hundred of them.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Bob NewSCART posted:

Shouldn't IB be next week

The week after, they aren't going to run IB and FOTL concurrently

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

8th-snype posted:

I hope so and I hope it's clever dragon week so I can get a hundred of them.

They're gunna make us wait for it

It's gunna be like Scout rifle and fusion

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Scout is good, really good

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Scout is good, really good

I have a PB, full auto, triple tap one. It's cool.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
gently caress ya'll HCR Waltz is where it's at

because this game is c ucking me by never dropping anything

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

The Meat Dimension posted:

gently caress ya'll HCR Waltz is where it's at

because this game is c ucking me by never dropping anything

A CB/HCR Waltz is perfectly serviceable while you burn all your strike keys on omnigul (unless you have a slot lagging behind in light)

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

My favorite primaries at the moment are genesis chain for pve, PB/counterbalance unbent tree for AR fun, and hammerforged/rangefinder lingering song for hand cannon sniping. Bad Juju gets a nod for archon's forge because it means I never have to reload.

Neither unbent or lingering song are "god" rolls but they are a lot of fun to use and make me look forward to getting different versions of them. I'd love to have a LITC lingering song for example.

I'd be happier with genesis chain if it had a 40 round mag, but as it is firefly on an AR is good times.

(except when wrecks accuses me of not helping him kill the mosh pit of dregs he got himself stuck in on vosik)

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Legs Benedict posted:

The week after, they aren't going to run IB and FOTL concurrently

Is FOTL a two week event or do you not know what concurrent means?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Is FOTL a two week event or do you not know what concurrent means?

it is two weeks so your lovely attempt at a burn is wrong on two levels

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

hitchensgoespop posted:

youll spend 3 hours ramming your dick into a blender.

It's a pictures of me

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Scout would be better than clever dick because it can roll with full auto and then I never have to do ib again

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Why would you not do IB, it's a week long loot parade where you get to shoot bad and laggy players.

Basically everything that makes Destiny, Destiny.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
because once you hit 400 and if they're not offering weapons you want it's a waste of effort

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Lol if you run a Hawksaw tbh

Is Hawksaw bad now?

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Bob NewSCART posted:

Scout would be better than clever dick because it can roll with full auto and then I never have to do ib again

The scout doesn't feel that great in PvE IMO if that's what you want it for, even with full auto. It shreds fools in crucible though.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Lightning Knight posted:

Is Hawksaw bad now?

Grasp archetypes are easier to get now and the Blind Perdition is like the vendor hawksaw with a dial that has an "11" on it

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Lightning Knight posted:

Is Hawksaw bad now?

No but
- There have been a ton of great PDX rolls and you should have at minimum two rolling PDX orders
- Clever Dragon exists
- Grasp of Malok exists
- Waltz exits
- Blind Perdition supposedly exists

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Grasp archetypes are easier to get now and the Blind Perdition is like the vendor hawksaw with a dial that has an "11" on it

Ah. I did buy the vendor Waltz while I wait for something good to drop and it seems ok.

One day if I'm lucky I might get a Trials gun. :smith:

Edit: is there a difference between the two PDXs? What am I shooting for, PB/CB/Rifled?

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

Hulk Krogan posted:

The scout doesn't feel that great in PvE IMO if that's what you want it for, even with full auto. It shreds fools in crucible though.

It's better if you get one without full auto for PvE in my opinion. I got an explosive rounds/crowd control one last IB and it's one of my favorite guns to use.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

because once you hit 400 and if they're not offering weapons you want it's a waste of effort

The entire game is a waste of effort. That's the loving point of a game.

Play it to have fun.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

xzzy posted:

The entire game is a waste of effort. That's the loving point of a game.

Play it to have fun.

iron banner isn't fun

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Lightning Knight posted:

Ah. I did buy the vendor Waltz while I wait for something good to drop and it seems ok.

One day if I'm lucky I might get a Trials gun. :smith:

Aim low
- Burn strike keys on Omni
- Rank up FWC for better Waltz's
- Put a PDX order on every character

Yeah, Perdition is p good but there are a ton of much easier options for competitive pulse rifles

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

xzzy posted:

Why would you not do IB, it's a week long loot parade where you get to shoot bad and laggy players.

Basically everything that makes Destiny, Destiny.

It'll probably be how I get my characters up to 390+, since I don't feel like going into HM WotM just to frustrate myself with a underlevel nerf.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
yeah a PB(or FS), CB, smallbore (or rifled) hawksaw is still plenty competitive, don't get me wrong. But there are other slightly better options that are reasonably possible to get now, instead of having to farm omnigul during the magic week

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Linear comp, QuickDraw, hammerforged rangefinger last ditch.

Decent or no?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Lightning Knight posted:

Is Hawksaw bad now?

full auto hawksaw does work in PvE and takes the strain off your old man fingers in PvP

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

after a year of playing with the "mirror" control scheme i switched to "jumper" last night and i think i like it a lot more. i am preemptively apologizing to my raid group this week though for all the times i automatically hit x for a jump and its my super instead

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Bob NewSCART posted:

Linear comp, QuickDraw, hammerforged rangefinger last ditch.

Decent or no?

Very good but youll need to use it differently than a max range matador. Ideally you want snapshot and not QuickDraw so you can stack Ophidians or blade perk with it

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

hiddenriverninja posted:

full auto hawksaw does work in PvE and takes the strain off your old man fingers in PvP

Raid pulse is pretty good in this respect too.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Awesome! posted:

after a year of playing with the "mirror" control scheme i switched to "jumper" last night and i think i like it a lot more. i am preemptively apologizing to my raid group this week though for all the times i automatically hit x for a jump and its my super instead

yeah I switched after playing overwatch because there's a few characters that really need a jumper layout and it was easier to just switch everything than to have a few characters be different

there's a definite adjustment period but ultimately I think it's much better.

having an elite controller or scuf or whatever (or xim) would be better but that's $$$

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

texaholic posted:

Raid pulse is pretty good in this respect too.

God drat I've been using that pulse for 2 weeks and only now realized, after reading your post, that it's full auto.

• Locked thread