Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
I would put Trump under the tank but I don't have the time or the skill to rewrite all of those labels into things that make sense, or put a dude with a sword on top of the tank. And you'd have to redo the side of the treads and uggh
I don't know how you edit people do it sometimes. Just thinking about what I'd have to do is too much work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Kopijeger posted:

It's more "the fool who believes allied propaganda". The character appears in other posters as well:

Headline: "The joys of summer". Dude in tent opening: "And just when I dreamt such a lovely dream". Tent is newspaper headlines like "Soviet-russian giant offensive on the Eastern Front", "Allied landing on Sicilia saturday", "Kharkov evacuated", "Allied bombers attack Trondheim" and so on. Placard: "Weather forecast: decreasing wind to peaceful calm".

Ahh, so he's like a proto-anti-Kelly.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

That's an actual Scott Adams tweet, BTW.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Mister Beeg posted:

Does the New York City bombing count?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Kopijeger posted:

It's more "the fool who believes allied propaganda". The character appears in other posters as well:

Headline: "The joys of summer". Dude in tent opening: "And just when I dreamt such a lovely dream". Tent is newspaper headlines like "Soviet-russian giant offensive on the Eastern Front", "Allied landing on Sicilia saturday", "Kharkov evacuated", "Allied bombers attack Trondheim" and so on. Placard: "Weather forecast: decreasing wind to peaceful calm".

New Metro title lookin' good

(Seriously that communist skull cloud totally fits that series' aesthetic)

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

The KKK and scary black dancers in the same fear-mongering cartoon. Gotta love it.

I'm pretty sure the black dancers aren't supposed to be scary. It's a comment about how the US is pretending to have the moral high ground while treating black people poorly and appropriating their culture (like with the Jitterbug or rock music).

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah I'm not quite sure that a WW2-era cartoon is about cultural appropriation

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010
It turns out the artist (Harald Damsleth) made a series of propaganda postcards, most of which I haven't seen before:

"The Liberation":

"New spring fashions 1943":

A reference to the Comedian Harmonists:

"The burdens of war are a heavy load":

A parody of Picasso, seems like:

Placard: I cannot describe to you what blessings the invasion will bring in a better fashion"
Redheaded troll: "I would have preferred it a bit more rosy".

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Mister Beeg posted:

But of course, if there WAS such an attack, it would mean ISIS is trying to scare you into voting pro-Clinton, right?

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

tyblazitar posted:

I'm pretty sure the black dancers aren't supposed to be scary. It's a comment about how the US is pretending to have the moral high ground while treating black people poorly and appropriating their culture (like with the Jitterbug or rock music).

You realize that this is a Norwegian fascist, right?

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

tyblazitar posted:

Considering the Nazis believed the proliferation of the Jitterbug was symptomatic of the decline of European values during the 1920s (and also something something EVIL JEWISH CONSPIRACY something something)... yeah, no.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

tyblazitar posted:

The comic is probably more along the lines of the Americans aren't bringing liberation, they are bringing death and what a fascist sees as moral decay.

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Oct 26, 2016

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Flip Yr Wig posted:

You realize that this is a Norwegian fascist, right?

Welp, seems like I accidentally AGC'd it, nevermind me. :v:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Cross-posting

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze is hirinoh God SWEET JESUS :gonk:

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Mr. Squishy posted:

Cross-posting
The part of Donald Trump will be played today by Strong Mad.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Lord Hydronium posted:

I actually searched the whole thing to see if there was a Star of David somewhere, because at this point I wouldn't be surprised.

There's an Islamic version of the US flag, though. With "550% more" written on it, probably a reference to how welcoming refugees is a ploy force everyone to convert to Islam.

Hillarpy Clinton

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Cat Mattress posted:

There's an Islamic version of the US flag, though. With "550% more" written on it, probably a reference to how welcoming refugees is a ploy force everyone to convert to Islam.
Yeah, Obama's administration has let in 10,000 Syrian refugees and Hillary supports policy that would let in a total of 65,000.

So yes. Syrian Refugees secretly taqiyya blah blah

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

2016 would be the lovely kind of person that thinks ending the Billy Goat Curse would make up for all the death and suffering.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Holy poo poo it is literally The Clinton Machine, Bill and Hillary. That's some memories there.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
Was watching the news last night about the heavily-armed guy that was arrested in LA for making multiple calls to the Islamic Center of Southern California, threatening to go all Dylan Roof on them. They were scrolling through his now-deleted Twitter account, and one of the posts was a retweet of Pepe le Garrison's "Trump=Samson" cartoon. drat if he just doesn't know how to gravitate to all the world's winners.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/24/eu-trade-deal-with-canada-collapses-as-belgium-refuses-to-sign

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Since I assume there's at least one person here that likes to gaze into the darkness long enough for it to gaze back, Ben finally got around to writing his thoughts on things, and here they are:

Garrison posted:

The Clintons are perhaps the most corrupt political family in American history. The Bushes may be second, but even they maintained a certain decorum in the White House. Neither Bush president would think of cussing out a secret service man or angrily hurl a White House antique at a spouse. The Clintons are at heart common grifters. They’re lying, vulgar confidence tricksters who continue to enjoy pushing the criminal envelope because they’re used to getting away with their crimes. Both should be in prison. Right now.

They get away with their sordid deeds because they have the backing of powerful figures such as Soros and the Rothschilds. The mainstream media are owned by a handful of big corporations, which back Hillary. The central bankers back Hillary. Some of the most leading and influential companies such as Google and Amazon back Hillary. Yahoo backs Hillary. Monsanto backs Hillary. Twitter backs Hillary. Zuckerberg is hedging his bets, but another Facebook founder gave $20 million to Hillary. The Saudis back Hillary and have also given her many millions of dollars. Saudi Arabia is a country that chops off heads, throws gays off buildings and are incredibly abusive towards women. Hillary welcomes their support and money. I can almost hear her say, “Ya know, it’s all about the dough—what difference does it make where it comes from?”

In short, the elite back Hillary. Most of them want globalism and open borders for America. They want endless immigration—especially Muslim immigration. Many will not integrate because their religion demands Sharia Law above all other systems. They won’t want to follow our Constitution. Soros knows this. He wants to promote division and strife to bring down our society to help usher in globalism—with his ilk running the show, of course.

The 10th of 1 percent at the top of the pyramid helps allow The Clinton Machine to continue chugging’ along and doing what it does–breaking the law as a matter of course. Hillary knows she is above the law. Anyone can see the contempt she has for us all—it’s in her eyes. That’s why very few attend her pathetic rallies. Most people know it’s all fake. She’ll say whatever it takes to get elected and then she’ll carry out what she and the elite want.

It may be hard to imagine, but she will be even worse than Obama. There will be more opacity and abuse aimed at truth tellers and whistleblowers. There will be more police state encroachment on citizens. More false flags to get us to turn in our guns. Worst of all, more war. Hillary loves war.

Standing up against The Clinton Machine is Donald Trump. He’s a flawed human being like the rest of us, but at this juncture in history he’s the only one capable of standing up to the Clinton Machine. He gave up his risk-free, lavish lifestyle to take them on. He’s had to face assassination threats as well as a parade of insults and false accusations. Why would he subject himself to the Clinton meat grinder? Because he really does want to make America great again. Right now, he’s the only one who can stand up against The Clinton Machine.

We need to stand up for Trump.

Ben Garrison

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Someone please explain to me what the severed arm in this cartoon is supposed to represent, in a way that makes the metaphor make sense. I'll wait.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

loquacius posted:

Someone please explain to me what the severed arm in this cartoon is supposed to represent, in a way that makes the metaphor make sense. I'll wait.

Jobs.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Debt

Corponation
Apr 21, 2007

Fantastic.

Tank Shock is a legitimate strategy if your opponent doesn't have a power fist or melta bombs :colbert:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

You could use this dumbass metaphor for the entire concept of insurance, Lester.

Clunk Tap It
May 1, 2014

loquacius posted:

MAH TAX DOLLARS ! :bahgawd:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Mister Beeg posted:

A while ago, Ben Garrison did an AMA thing on reddit. Here's one of the questions he got.

:allears:

I'm quoting this for a new page because holy poo poo :magical:

Also I had almost forgot that Trump had sided with the brutalist communist regime running over protestors, silly me. That almost sounds like something that would sink a Republican candidate or something.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
I think it's literally that Obamacare costs an arm and a leg (they forgot the leg?) but it hasn't actually helped anyone.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I recall reading earlier this year that the Obamacare premium increases were intentionally planned for around this time as to hurt democrats in the election as much as possible.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Trogdos! posted:

Since I assume there's at least one person here that likes to gaze into the darkness long enough for it to gaze back, Ben finally got around to writing his thoughts on things, and here they are:
He so wanted to add ((())) to half the words in that.

e: lol, "Soros knows this. He wants to promote division and strife to bring down our society to help usher in globalism—with his ilk running the show, of course." (((His ilk))) indeed.

Lord Hydronium fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Oct 26, 2016

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Who is this artist? I've seen a few ridiculous toons from them but can't read the signature

Obama's butt :stare:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Holy poo poo, it's McMullin! That must be a first in political cartoons this election season for sure.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

rum sodomy Rainbow Dash posted:

I recall reading earlier this year that the Obamacare premium increases were intentionally planned for around this time as to hurt democrats in the election as much as possible.

If you can find the article I'd love to read it

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the decision to build a third runway at Heathrow – Zac Goldsmith has resigned as Conservative MP for Richmond Park over the government’s ‘doomed’ decision to back a third runway at Heathrow"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

After Airplane!

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

frankenfreak posted:

Holy poo poo, it's McMullin! That must be a first in political cartoons this election season for sure.
On first glance, I legit thought that was supposed to be Putin. Took me a second to figure out what was going on.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent:

They should have did send a poet

:unsmith:

I have no idea of the political subtext or statement being made here, but my god I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

For some reason I assumed that "third runway at Heathrow" was some sort of metaphor, not literally a runway at an airport.

It seems very strange for the expansion of an airport to be a matter of national politics, but I guess it just goes to show the size difference between the US and UK.

• Locked thread