Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Missionary Positron posted:

why did I put off listening to Mike Detective this long

I am a loving moron and Mike Detective owns

Mike Detective is the best thing on Earwolf and I kept it on my feed for years after it ended hoping it'd update one day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I need to give it a relisten because I can't remember the most far-fetched ones at all.

Not Operator posted:

Mike Detective is the best thing on Earwolf and I kept it on my feed for years after it ended hoping it'd update one day.

You seen on Instagram that they're working on a new MD script?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
I listened to a few episodes of the Columbo podcast on Howl and now I'm watching Columbo.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Columbo rules. That is all.

Wait, just one more thing.

It's also great.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
Hollywood Handbook guys on doughboys tomorrow. So much beef to be settled.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

mennoknight posted:

Not beef, lobster.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
I cannot believe Hollywood Handbook is more than 3 years old.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Someday it will even be as old as my accountant's daughter

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Tarranon posted:

Someday it will even be as old as my accountant's daughter

Hey, Tarranon? You've got to write an apology letter to QuickBooks now.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

There's a Columbo podcast on Howl?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Mr. Squishy posted:

There's a Columbo podcast on Howl?

Yes and it's actually pretty good.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

mennoknight posted:

i should be ashamed at how excited i am for this. like, kid on christmas eve levels of excitement

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Yes and it's actually pretty good.

Much like, Columbo.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Great I4H today!

...until Besser brings on two listeners to argue about Hillary and Trump. Shame, three great guests with great chemistry, no frills up until the call.

If you don't have the conviction to skip through all that to find out if there's more improv, it starts again at 1:13.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

feedmyleg posted:

Great I4H today!

...until Besser brings on two listeners to argue about Hillary and Trump. Shame, three great guests with great chemistry, no frills up until the call.

If you don't have the conviction to skip through all that to find out if there's more improv, it starts again at 1:13.

I turned it off at that point. More people need to yell at Besser for this poo poo. If I wanted to subject myself to a twitter slap fight I'd go to twitter.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

feedmyleg posted:

Great I4H today!

Yeah, up until the callers this ep had been fantastic. Bringing on two twitter users to argue about sexual assault and the election... :chloe:

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

I listened to all of Mike Detective in the last day and I both hate myself for not listening sooner and hate there isn't more (except for that teaser Scott posted)

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I don't think anybody can dissuade Besser from what he thinks is a good idea, especially on a free podcast.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

The Senator Giroux posted:

I listened to all of Mike Detective in the last day and I both hate myself for not listening sooner and hate there isn't more (except for that teaser Scott posted)

Hooray, I'm no longer the only idiot :unsmith:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

It's never tool ate to listen to Mike Detective, it's the greatest.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Squishy posted:

I don't think anybody can dissuade Besser from what he thinks is a good idea, especially on a free podcast.

Yeah probably not, gotta take the good with the bad...but man, Case Closed is almost always terrible. And I'm one of those assholes who likes the musical episodes!
e: haha, the thread for this episode on the Earwolf forums is currently closed, what a shocker.

Eltoasto posted:

This. 15 episodes, each less than 10 minutes. It's like watching Frisky Dingo, you can power through the whole thing in a few hours.

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Oct 27, 2016

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Doughboys is up and the only thing better than Hayes and Sean getting semi-genuine on another podcast is when they slip back into character long enough to rip the hosts apart

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Crindee posted:

Doughboys is up and the only thing better than Hayes and Sean getting semi-genuine on another podcast is when they slip back into character long enough to rip the hosts apart
don't care how much of it was leaning in to the bit, i really enjoyed how thrown off nick sounded.

the crossover i always wanted totally delivered

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Eltoasto posted:

That pun was the greatest thing in the history of the English language.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Sean Clements makes a few appearances in 30 Rock as one of the quiet writing staff (2x14 specifically, I've seen him in at least one other). Gabrus shows up later too; it's weird seeing Sean so young and Gabrus not nearly as fat.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
If you haven't seen Sean's acting reel get on that its on vimeo

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Snooze Cruise posted:

If you haven't seen Sean's acting reel get on that its on vimeo

https://vimeo.com/5011571 he was a great commercial actor.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Mr. Squishy posted:

I need to give it a relisten because I can't remember the most far-fetched ones at all.

You seen on Instagram that they're working on a new MD script?

http://www.vulture.com/2016/10/scott-aukerman-on-the-end-of-comedy-bang-bang.html

Looks like it's a script for a TV pilot.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

ManoliIsFat posted:

https://vimeo.com/5011571 he was a great commercial actor.

I want his career to end right now so that this could be his pinnacle.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Good god. The Hard Nation episode with Sean and Hayes as Dog Bone and Dinosaur Bone was brilliant.

Dog Bone's myspace techno song followed by the host of HN asking "now you know that's not good, right?" LOL!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
I'm psyched for the HH vs Doughboys Shrimp Off.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Not Operator posted:

One of the first podcasts I found. Loved it. Not sure how it would translate to the screen. Not being able to actually see what's going on is what gives it the freedom to be wacky.....but awesome. Visuals would ruin it imo.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

feedmyleg posted:

I want his career to end right now so that this could be his pinnacle.

Sean Clements

1981 - 2089

Hosted "Hollywood Handbook"

Smooched Ellie Kemper in a web series

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Did anyone go to that Earwolf podcast festival they've been promoting nonstop? The Snaps look so blah. Definitely doesn't help that they holding it in Anaheim... a month after LA Podfest ...and on the same Halloween weekend of Festival Supreme.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
I'm sick of all these stupid festivals happening in the LA area. gently caress LA.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
at least it produced some choice HH ads about diseaseneyland

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I like to listen to live episodes of podcasts because the audio quality is lower + I know when to laugh at the jokes

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Darkman Fanpage posted:

I'm sick of all these stupid festivals happening in the LA area. gently caress LA.

It especially stings for me since I live in the third most populated state in the country and the CBB Tour didn't even bother coming here.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Sinteres posted:

It especially stings for me since I live in the third most populated state in the country and the CBB Tour didn't even bother coming here.

Same. Nobody comes to Florida.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Help Im Alive posted:

I like to listen to live episodes of podcasts because the audio quality is lower + I know when to laugh at the jokes

I like people in the audience who think the live format automatically means it's now a listener interaction show.