Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

esperterra posted:

And yet our last remaining Direwolf continues to get benched.

RIP
I'd rather have this than have Ghost be in danger.

Kopijeger posted:

"Dany torches a few Westerosi lords with her dragons which include Sam Tarley’s father and brother".

Why would she do that? They're from the Reach, so they should be loyal to her Tyrell allies.
Maybe she does this after Olenna is killed and they change their loyalties to the Lannisters? Also, it's total bullshit that Diana Rigg, according the leaks, isn't around until the end of the show. Her death bothers me a lot more than most that have happened. They should keep her around to make fun of everyone else until the series finale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

The thing that makes me wonder if the ending will be the same is the fact that GRRM has always talked about fantasy doesn't need any more dark lords and in general implied the Others aren't evil but we've seen no indication they're going this direction in the show.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

TOOT BOOT posted:

The thing that makes me wonder if the ending will be the same is the fact that GRRM has always talked about fantasy doesn't need any more dark lords and in general implied the Others aren't evil but we've seen no indication they're going this direction in the show.

I think the endings will be the same, but the White Walkers/Others characterization in the television show will be kind of a rush job in season eight. Maybe an episode or two of humanizing the evil ice demons. And it's not true that we've seen no indication; the fact that they were created in such a violent matter by the Children of the Forest makes them a little sympathetic, I think.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I don't think "no dark lords" = "not evil". GRRM said the Nazis were an evil army that needed to be stopped with force, but I doubt he'd call Hitler a "dark lord". I think the show already disposed of the "dark lord" possibility by making them a WMD analogy instead of the army of the Great Other.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Im pretty sure we're gonna get a limp dick Matrix/BSG type ending

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
GRRM doesn't like an evil just for the sake of evil villain so we'll find out why the WW are doing their thing but that doesn't mean it will not be bad based on our standards.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
We've seen that the walkers have a motive to fight against the children and the first men that goes beyond 'we're evil and we hate life', they've been enslaved by the children and the first men likely fought alongside the children (probably due to getting deceived by the children) when the walkers first rebelled before the long night. Their motives are already more developed and relatable than those of Sauron.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Nichael posted:

Maybe she does this after Olenna is killed and they change their loyalties to the Lannisters? Also, it's total bullshit that Diana Rigg, according the leaks, isn't around until the end of the show. Her death bothers me a lot more than most that have happened. They should keep her around to make fun of everyone else until the series finale.

Don't worry, I'm sure that, with the author claiming that it was all bullshit, we won't be seeing a dead Olenna Redwyne-Tyrell for a while. I'm most concerned about Gendry in those fictitious leaks, though; why would he rejoin the BWB after they sold him to Melisandre to be sacrificed?

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Mr. Nice! posted:

they're presenting the ending that he told them. grrm is hung up rewriting what sam ate last night for the thousandth time.

Just because the end point is the same doesn't mean the story is the same. The TV show is starting to feel like if they made a show of Lord of the Rings and had the eagles drop the ring into mount doom. Still the same ending but a completely different journey.

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.

Apoplexy posted:

Don't worry, I'm sure that, with the author claiming that it was all bullshit, we won't be seeing a dead Olenna Redwyne-Tyrell for a while. I'm most concerned about Gendry in those fictitious leaks, though; why would he rejoin the BWB after they sold him to Melisandre to be sacrificed?
Gendry is on camera killing some Goldcloaks for Tyrion and Davos. He will be in King's Landing.

Taear posted:

Just because the end point is the same doesn't mean the story is the same. The TV show is starting to feel like if they made a show of Lord of the Rings and had the eagles drop the ring into mount doom. Still the same ending but a completely different journey.
Thanks to the show we can put a lot of idiotic fanfiction to rest. Starting from Evil Dany. That's a big plus.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Hang on, so if im reading that correctly the whole series ends with an ice dragon beaking down the wall and presumably killing everyone?

Am i reading that right, i thought S7 was the last one?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

No, short season 7 and short season 8.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

meristem posted:

Thanks to the show we can put a lot of idiotic fanfiction to rest. Starting from Evil Dany. That's a big plus.

I used to spend a legit crazy amount of time on the Lost forums, Evil Dany is nothing and still fairly plausible when you think about it considering her family tree. Try reading a 15,000 word explanation of why the bunker was there to stop catastrophic pole shift caused by magnetic waves caused by aliens or whatever

The sad part with Lost was that the theorists had clearly given their ideas more thought that the writers ever did. You cant really say the same for GRRM, if anything he thinks about stuff too much. Im not saying hes perfect but his 'tism towards characters and their motivations has clearly been thought out for the most part.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
No idea if this is real

Edit: Probably not since the HBO site doesn't feature this image.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

lifts cats over head posted:

No idea if this is real

I mean, they're not gonna put an end-of-the-season-spoiler on a promotional pre-season poster.

Edit: it's a cool image though!

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Nichael posted:

Perhaps, but it seems contrived and unlikely to be real. Also, I bet that Olenna will somehow remain the official head of House Tyrrell even though she is only one by marriage. When Mace and his offspring were killed, the position should probably pass to the nearest appropriate relative, like a first or second cousin of Mace (Willas and Garlan apparently do not exist in the show).

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

lifts cats over head posted:

No idea if this is real

That's a Skyrim dragon right?

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
I think they are wyverns.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I mean come on how would you ever think that poster is real?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Because it looks about like the zero effort or thought put into every season's poster since season 1?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
It's not hard to tell the difference between real and fan-made posters, but some people will have trouble with it every year.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

The quality of the fake shouldn't even be the discussion point.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

hitchensgoespop posted:

Hang on, so if im reading that correctly the whole series ends with an ice dragon beaking down the wall and presumably killing everyone?

Am i reading that right, i thought S7 was the last one?

If this ice dragon thing turns out to be true what does that mean for the whole 'dragon has three heads' thing

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Rhaegar was dumb.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Adun posted:

If this ice dragon thing turns out to be true what does that mean for the whole 'dragon has three heads' thing

Dany and Jon riding Drogon while loving.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That the show hasn't mentioned that at all so it doesn't matter. The novelizations may have that, but they're just shoddy fan-fic anyways.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I never liked it. Dany, Jon, and Tyrion riding dragons side-by-side is happy-crappy nonsense. I've long thought it would be most interesting for her to lose two dragons, one to Euron and one to the White Walkers.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Solice Kirsk posted:

It looks like its from the Daznak's Pit scene but badly recoloured. It's not even zombified.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I'm pretty sure those spoilers were real. Every new WOTW post has a disclaimer saying 'don't discuss the other spoilers from off-site without spoiler tagging them'. Which is a different approach than they took to the fake Season 6 spoilers.

Edit: Yeah they're 100% real, WOTW is just like today talking about them filming things that were talked about in the spoilers. They have pictures of Theon getting beat up by the Ironborn (presumably for jumping overboard like a bitch when Euron attacks) and they're talking about Dany ambushing the Lannister Army on their way back from Highgarden which also matches up.

I'm not really thrilled they're real for several reasons but oh well, could be worse.

TOOT BOOT fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Oct 30, 2016

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Adun posted:

Obviously theon is a secret targ and becomes the third member of the dany crew. His name is also Aegon now.

Anyway, seems kind of lame but at least it'll be exciting to watch. I am looking forward to littlefinger's death.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Solice Kirsk posted:

It's from the Harry Potter theme park.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Kind of surprised they'd throw away Aiden GIllen/Littlefinger a season early.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Mameluke posted:

Kind of surprised they'd throw away Aiden GIllen/Littlefinger a season early.

Good riddance imho

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Elias_Maluco posted:

Good riddance imho

Agreed. The actor sucks rear end and the character writing is rudderless because if GRRM has a special plan for what Littlefinger is up to (and just lol if you believe this) he hasn't elected to share it with the hacks that write the show. My only hope is that he dies relatively soon in a way that leads many many internet people to post "was getting eaten by ice zombies part of your plan?"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Elias_Maluco posted:

Good riddance imho

gord ridchance

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Theon gets rekt then killed by Euron

http://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/Theon-Euron-Greyjoy-Game-Thrones-Season-7-Set-42638920#photo-42638920

We'll have to wait till that one reddit nerd posts all major spoilers like he has for last two seasons, which by the way were nearly 100% correct.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
That doesn't look like Euron

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

skasion posted:

Agreed. The actor sucks rear end and the character writing is rudderless because if GRRM has a special plan for what Littlefinger is up to (and just lol if you believe this) he hasn't elected to share it with the hacks that write the show. My only hope is that he dies relatively soon in a way that leads many many internet people to post "was getting eaten by ice zombies part of your plan?"

I do think he has a plan for Littlefinger. He's always said that Littlefinger can't be a viewpoint character because he "knows too much". Show littlefinger could easily have been a viewpoint character if that death is true since he's pretty much done absolutely nothing other than sell Sansa to Ramsay.

It doesn't have to be something huge he knows, just something pivotal to what's going on. Most of which is now totally different in the books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
As bad as Littlefinger can be, he's miles better than loving Theon. Hope that's the first scene of the premiere.

• Locked thread