Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Glad they are doing the whiparound on espn again this year for the final day. I can stream that from the stadium while yelling at the bad players running around the field in front of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
We're doing a watch party at the local British style pub on H Street. They even do a Sunday roast. Gonna eat hearty and laugh at Orlando, who are bad.

Welcome to GBS
Feb 26, 2011

Concacaf'd.

And to anyone who don't think CCL matters, Caleb was nearly in tears in the presser after the match. I think it's a box he wants to tick, so hopefully it keeps him pushing even harder.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Welcome to GBS posted:

Concacaf'd.

And to anyone who don't think CCL matters, Caleb was nearly in tears in the presser after the match. I think it's a box he wants to tick, so hopefully it keeps him pushing even harder.

To be fair, Caleb is beta as hell and looks like he's on the verge of tears all the time.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Hooray, Sporting KC stumbles over the red line yet again. Another subpar season pushed under the rug!

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)
Lol Portland.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I was hoping that Portland, Kansas City, and Portland would all win today and push Salt Lake under the line.

You had one job, Portland.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Star Man posted:

I was hoping that Portland, Kansas City, and Portland would all win today and push Salt Lake under the line.

You had one job, Portland.

That looks like two but I'm bad at math.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I totally meant, "Seattle, Kansas City, and Portland."

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
FC Dallas having an incredible year. I'm gonna have to grab a Shield t-shirt to match my US Open Cup shirt.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever
THANK YOU ALL FOR COMING I'LL SEE YOU IN HELL

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Hoover Dam posted:

k

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Hoover Dam posted:

You're a Revs fan

~*YoU'rE aLrEaDy ThErE*~

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

The TFC media team sure is trying to get everyone pumped up about hosting a playoff game for the first time, and by playoff game I mean not really the playoffs yet also it took a literal decade :thumbsup:

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Oh yeah hey hi there go Sounders.

Welcome to GBS
Feb 26, 2011

Timbers 2016: This is the worst of all possible timelines.

http://www.kptv.com/story/33476159/two-timbers-players-arrested-on-duii-charges-in-lake-oswego

Also: Vancouver your city/stadium is beautiful. I hope you're as happy with your win as I am sad over our loss.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Welcome to GBS posted:

http://www.kptv.com/story/33476159/two-timbers-players-arrested-on-duii-charges-in-lake-oswego

Also: Vancouver your city/stadium is beautiful. I hope you're as happy with your win as I am sad over our loss.

It just never ends.

Welcome to GBS
Feb 26, 2011

El Jebus posted:

It just never ends.

*cries into MLS Cup Championship scarf*

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
DUI's are almost never funny because they could easily end multiple lives in an instant...

...this however is loving hilarious :laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo:

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Welcome to GBS posted:

That's a janglin'

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

whypick1 posted:

DUI's are almost never funny because they could easily end multiple lives in an instant...

...this however is loving hilarious :laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo:

The Light Eternal
Jun 12, 2006

A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.
As a Clackamas County EMS worker I can say they must have been real dicks to get arrested. If you don't hurt anyone while driving drunk they generally don't arrest you because they don't want to drive all the way to the jail. But you have to agree to get your blood drawn and apparently Ridgewell and Gleeson refused. Spoiler alert: they draw your blood anyway at jail and all refusing does is plead guilty for you.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The Light Eternal posted:

As a Clackamas County EMS worker I can say they must have been real dicks to get arrested. If you don't hurt anyone while driving drunk they generally don't arrest you because they don't want to drive all the way to the jail. But you have to agree to get your blood drawn and apparently Ridgewell and Gleeson refused. Spoiler alert: they draw your blood anyway at jail and all refusing does is plead guilty for you.

They'll get off with nothing more than reckless driving and community service. No way in hell the DA pushes for DUI and jail time.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

The Light Eternal posted:

Spoiler alert: they draw your blood anyway at jail and all refusing does is plead guilty for you.

Uh why? I honestly don't know the answer. Or is this kind of like in cop shows where when the perp wants a lawyer it means he's guilty?

The Light Eternal
Jun 12, 2006

A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.
Oregon has an implied consent law. Meaning if you hold an Oregon driver's license or drive in the state of Oregon you are consenting to taking a breathalyzer or having your blood drawn if you are suspected of a DUI. If you refuse the penalty is worse than being found guilty. If it wasn't, everyone would just refuse.

Even if you do refuse, the cop will call and get a warrant for your blood. Then we draw your blood regardless of whether you want it done or not.

The dumbest part is that cops in my county are reluctant to take people to jail for this and if they had just cooperated they wouldn't have even gone to jail. The drive to the jail is like 30 minutes from there and most cops don't want to do it unless they really have to.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Welcome to GBS posted:

RCTIDUI

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?
Does anyone know if I can get the English commentary through the Univision app for the playoffs? I'm curious just how bad it is.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I'm pretty sure you can, I know the web steam lets you pick which audio feed to use.

Or you could just watch the highlights package from any of the games they've broadcast to see how terrible it is.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Oct 26, 2016

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Can anyone tell me how LA and RSL's respective forms have been? I haven't paid much attention to the west. Injuries, in form players what have you. Also if Toronto fucks up beating philly they should fold the franchise.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Seltzer posted:

Also if Toronto fucks up beating philly they should fold the franchise.

i disagree

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Seltzer posted:

Can anyone tell me how LA and RSL's respective forms have been? I haven't paid much attention to the west. Injuries, in form players what have you. Also if Toronto fucks up beating philly they should fold the franchise.

This team's offered many better reasons to fold and it's still kickin

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Seltzer posted:

Keane and Gerrard have shown their age down the home stretch and have been out injured. We clinched 3rd a few games ago so the last few games of the season were fairly meaningless and hard to judge. League media likes to tout our depth, but our front line replacement is Alan Gordon and midfield is Mike Magee. Say what you will about those guys, but they aren't championship winners. Defense has been rock solid and Jelle Van Damme could/should be in the running for Defender of the Year. Zardez is supposed to be healthy soon, but he's been recovering from a broken foot, so that might be slow to come back. GDS looks good when he has the right players around him, but Alan Gordon and Mike Magee aren't those players. Don't look for us to give up many goals, but if the front 5 aren't on the same page, don't expect us to score many either.

When we're on, get the gently caress out of our way. When we're not, hope you've got a pillow around cause we look sleepy.

Robot Danger
Mar 18, 2012

Tigren posted:

... Mike Magee. Say what you will about those guys, but they aren't championship winners.

Isn't Magee pretty clutch in the playoffs?

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Robot Danger posted:

Isn't Magee pretty clutch in the playoffs?

It's not November yet.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
I love that DC is on some chucklefuck tv station I don't get. Yay.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

joshtothemaxx posted:

I love that DC is on some chucklefuck tv station I don't get. Yay.

A] get rabbit ears, channel 47.1

B] get to the goddamned stadium fucker

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Your Boy Fancy posted:

You're a Revs fan

~*YoU'rE aLrEaDy ThErE*~

true

[dies quietly inside]

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
RIP

https://twitter.com/ColumbusCrewSC/status/791723859108044800

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

Goodbye you gigantic muscly thumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I'll never forget the time you tore up a chunk of the field and threw it at me. Godspeed, you big bald idiot.

• Locked thread