Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

chitoryu12 posted:

Murphy said that the three victims may not have necessarily told the truth about their experiences in the house. We very well could discover that the Polk family was a completely normal group of rednecks out in the woods and Shelby and Matt made up the story about being kidnapped and seeing them eat human jerky.

Ooooh, in that case killing the dumb one may not have been an accident, but a deliberate murder. Maybe no one has seen the Polks because they handed them over to the Butcher for the sacrifice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

It would also explain why the cops seemed so awful in the reenactment. Their explanation for why the police never got involved was "The cops came, but they kept finding no evidence and leaving and never helping us." What if they never called the cops because they were up to their own shady poo poo in the woods?

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

chitoryu12 posted:

It would also explain why the cops seemed so awful in the reenactment. Their explanation for why the police never got involved was "The cops came, but they kept finding no evidence and leaving and never helping us." What if they never called the cops because they were up to their own shady poo poo in the woods?

Spoiler alert: Matt killed Mason and Shelby is actually the witch

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Postal Parcel posted:

Spoiler alert: Matt killed Mason and Shelby is actually the witch

ACtually it turns out she's the devil!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
What if the only survivor is Matt and Shelby's baby. Like the witch made a baby for them or something.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

chitoryu12 posted:

Murphy said that the three victims may not have necessarily told the truth about their experiences in the house. We very well could discover that the Polk family was a completely normal group of rednecks out in the woods and Shelby and Matt made up the story about being kidnapped and seeing them eat human jerky.

I'm hoping the Polk family turn out to be the real heroes.

Just caught up with this season and really like it. I haven't been a fan since season 1 though i did like the first half of Freak Show.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

GorgonSmithe posted:

If you didn't find episode 6 hilarious we can't be friends
Episodes 1/2/5/6 are all excellent, and 5/6 were very good overall. 3/4 not quite as good because they moved too fast but also durdled around too long in some ways. They looked like the show might get lost like it always does. But nope! Recovery, so far.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Oct 23, 2016

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009
Just caught up, really impressed by this season. Good way to tackle the Blair witch found footage trope. I think Matt came back for witch sexy time.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
It's becoming increasingly more difficult to hate Ryan Murphy with each episode this season.

The only thing that bugs me is that the ghosts show up in full on physical manifestations on camera. This makes it a little stupid when they do the typical "turn around and the ghost is gone, turn back and it's in front of you" trope. If they have two cameras facing the same spot, does the ghost only appear on one of them? Did they suddenly appear out of thin air? When you have real found footage of ghosts appearing on one camera, why would you do the cut-away hiding their entrance into the scene?

I love the humor in this episode, all the in-jokes and visual stuff and the tension between the actors and the real versions becoming two cliques right from the start.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

kjetting posted:

It's becoming increasingly more difficult to hate Ryan Murphy with each episode this season.

The only thing that bugs me is that the ghosts show up in full on physical manifestations on camera. This makes it a little stupid when they do the typical "turn around and the ghost is gone, turn back and it's in front of you" trope. If they have two cameras facing the same spot, does the ghost only appear on one of them? Did they suddenly appear out of thin air? When you have real found footage of ghosts appearing on one camera, why would you do the cut-away hiding their entrance into the scene?

I love the humor in this episode, all the in-jokes and visual stuff and the tension between the actors and the real versions becoming two cliques right from the start.

Maybe in order to affect the real world(like inflict actual physical pain), they have to materialize, otherwise, they're just mirages.
Or it's because it's the blood moon when they gain physical forms and they can cross between them at will...and all of the ghosts happen to enjoy hamming it up for the camera.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Well that was lame...

I was hoping for a more dramatic end for the producer

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Damnit Agnes, quit killing people lamely!

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
That's not her blood :ohdear:

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

DarklyDreaming posted:

That's not her blood :ohdear:

Who was that?

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

timp posted:

Well that was lame...

I was hoping for a more dramatic end for the producer

I thought he was going to be one of the last to go for a variety of tropey reasons. I'm sort of impressed he went out early and unceremoniously.

I ... sort of love this season now?

The 47 Reagans
Mar 14, 2010
Well, poo poo's happening. Not sure if it's good poo poo, but poo poo's definitely happening.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

timp posted:

Who was that?

Rory up in the tree.

fullroundaction posted:

I thought he was going to be one of the last to go for a variety of tropey reasons. I'm sort of impressed he went out early and unceremoniously.

I ... sort of love this season now?

My problem is all the deaths so far this half have just felt kind of boring? Like no build ups. Just BAM YOU DEAD NOW

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

JossiRossi posted:

My problem is all the deaths so far this half have just felt kind of boring? Like no build ups. Just BAM YOU DEAD NOW

Yeah after everything the season is almost too normal by horror film standards now

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Matt's about to go get Gaga

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
:stare:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
And that's why you don't cheat on your wife with a 500 year old sorceress in the woods :gibs:

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

:stare:

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
Well I can see they took a little inspiration from Sunday's TWD, holy crap

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
Seriously, how do you make killing your husband because he has fallen for a forest witch this boooooooooooooooooooooooring?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

How many episodes are left? They really seem to be burning through characters with a quickness.

Who were the guys that showed up and started cattle prodding the women? Are those the evil rednecks?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

JossiRossi posted:

Rory up in the tree.

I agree

Theeeeeere we go. :shepface:

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

LadyPictureShow posted:

How many episodes are left? They really seem to be burning through characters with a quickness.

2 more episodes of this, then the finale apparently has a final twist / major story turn

e: so 3 more total

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
There's a lot of head trauma on tv this week :haw:

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
That was a pretty legit "oh poo poo!" :laffo:

Was the real butcher any actress we know?

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
Saw it coming but that ending :stare:

Was Finn Wittrock in this episode? Saw the credit card, was he the Mott ghost we saw from afar in the cellar?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Mr. Funktastic posted:

Saw it coming but that ending :stare:

Was Finn Wittrock in this episode? Saw the credit card, was he the Mott ghost we saw from afar in the cellar?

That's my guess. Either that or one of the real Butcher's goon squad.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
so who many people are alive now?

6?

justlikedunkirk
Dec 24, 2006
The people remaining are:

Shelby
Dominic
Monet
Audrey
Lee (missing a chunk of leg but no signs she's dead yet)

And I guess the crazy hillbilly family, of which Finn Wittrock is a member (the one holding the camera, who we saw for a split second).

Based on Ryan Murphy never being able to keep a secret, it sounds like the Roanoke return footage will end at ep 9, which explains the quick offing of the cast. Episode 10 will probably be the next "twist," whatever that is.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Isn't Matt still alive in the basement with lady gaga?

edit:

and thank you for this list

justlikedunkirk posted:

The people remaining are:

Shelby
Dominic
Monet
Audrey
Lee (missing a chunk of leg but no signs she's dead yet)

And I guess the crazy hillbilly family, of which Finn Wittrock is a member (the one holding the camera, who we saw for a split second).

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Luvcow posted:

Isn't Matt still alive in the basement with lady gaga?

edit:

and thank you for this list

Uuuuuuh no he definitely got his head flattened by a crowbar, remember? Shelby did it in a jealous rage

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

timp posted:

Uuuuuuh no he definitely got his head flattened by a crowbar, remember? Shelby did it in a jealous rage

oh poo poo ya, absolutely

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Wow, this second part of the story escalated quickly.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Overall I had fun watching this episode, but as people have said, it started a bit lackluster. Can't say it started slow since we had so much development, but the deaths were just so sudden and uncreative. Like, this is the time for them to really cash in and go crazy, and they just let a mortal actress stab everybody with a cleaver and disappear? Glad things picked up and we got some more unexpected stuff in the second half of the episode.

Not a big deal, but I was also kind of disappointed they made those slack jawed NC yokels just as bad in real life. It would have been really cool if they turned out to be regular, sympathetic people who the show had interpreted as backwards rednecks because The South. But nah, turns out the casting directors and actors totally loving nailed it I guess! North Carolina is the new West Virginia. Thanks McCrory.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

timp posted:

Not a big deal, but I was also kind of disappointed they made those slack jawed NC yokels just as bad in real life. It would have been really cool if they turned out to be regular, sympathetic people who the show had interpreted as backwards rednecks because The South. But nah, turns out the casting directors and actors totally loving nailed it I guess! North Carolina is the new West Virginia. Thanks McCrory.

I was so hoping for this

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
So which actors haven't we seen yet? I am guessing Matt Bomer will be the real Mott. Has Frances Conroy shown up yet or did I forget her?

HellOnEarth fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Oct 27, 2016

• Locked thread