Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

STAC Goat posted:

I didn't love Curtis' Terrific look but I assume its still a work in progress. He's still gotta work in those T-Spheres from last season/the comics. The actor will obviously never look exactly like the comic character and I have to get past that, but I like the TV and comic characters enough to do it.

What is there left to do on his costume? It's literally the same as the comics, right down to FAIR PLAY on the sleeves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chokes McGee posted:

What is there left to do on his costume? It's literally the same as the comics, right down to FAIR PLAY on the sleeves.

The comic version has white panels and red piping, that, IMO, make it look a lot better than the all black of the TV version

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wow racist.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
http://m.imgur.com/a/66eTS

New onbenchnow synopsis is up.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I really like this season so far, and the Amell-Rhodes bromance just keeps on giving. :allears:

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Ragman is so dreamy. :allears:

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Ragman looks too much like John Barrowman.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
It's nice seeing "Cutty" (Chad L. Coleman) as this season's baddie. Although, I am not sure how much they can drag him escaping out the window -so to speak- after each encounter with the arrow and friends.

As far as the new team goes:

Ragman is cool. Currently overpowered, but if anything the writers will have a challenge matching opponents and challenges for him. Or he will storm off all pissed with Felicity's "oops, sorry I killed your folks and friends and cratered your hometown". Which, again, surprisingly the writers didn't drag out much, as far as keeping it a dark secret.

Wild Dog is ok too. He looks like he is having fun, I guess, and it's sort of a nice contrast to everyone else being constantly depressed or depressing.

The girl is... I don't know. What's her story exactly? Was she the canary imitator from last season? So far she just provides some punchlines. Maybe she is written to be a love interest for Wild Dog, to fill up a few episodes.

Curtis seems to have taken a turn to the worse with his awkwardness. Hopefully, he will soon get over this phase, and be more fun and interesting.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

AbstractNapper posted:

It's nice seeing "Cutty" (Chad L. Coleman) as this season's baddie. Although, I am not sure how much they can drag him escaping out the window -so to speak- after each encounter with the arrow and friends.

As far as the new team goes:

Ragman is cool. Currently overpowered, but if anything the writers will have a challenge matching opponents and challenges for him. Or he will storm off all pissed with Felicity's "oops, sorry I killed your folks and friends and cratered your hometown". Which, again, surprisingly the writers didn't drag out much, as far as keeping it a dark secret.

Wild Dog is ok too. He looks like he is having fun, I guess, and it's sort of a nice contrast to everyone else being constantly depressed or depressing.

The girl is... I don't know. What's her story exactly? Was she the canary imitator from last season? So far she just provides some punchlines. Maybe she is written to be a love interest for Wild Dog, to fill up a few episodes.

Curtis seems to have taken a turn to the worse with his awkwardness. Hopefully, he will soon get over this phase, and be more fun and interesting.

Ragman - Is he that op, or is the rest of the team that bad? Otherwise, agreed! He's kinda cool.

Wild Dog - Agreed.

The Girl - Yep, she is the canary imitator. Now that she's a regular, it's kinda surprising nobody's asked how she got the canary thingy to work. Maybe they dropped that point?

Curtis - Not noticing too much of a change. Keep on keep'n on Curtis!

We'll see. It was good to hear the catchphrase, though!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think there was a throwaway line about her being an electrical engineer last season?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

pee out my butt posted:

Ragman looks too much like John Barrowman.

"I'm your real father."

"...how is that possible?"

"I was Ra's al Ghul"

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Bad Moon posted:

"I'm your real father."

"...how is that possible?"

https://youtu.be/w1XOfHax6Q8

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Is Cutty suppose to have super powers? Because you would think his " Just boxing" style would be rather ineffective against Oliver's martial arts. It's weird. All the fights with him are terrible.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew

Hollismason posted:

Is Cutty suppose to have super powers? Because you would think his " Just boxing" style would be rather ineffective against Oliver's martial arts. It's weird. All the fights with him are terrible.

And his stunt double looks absolutely nothing like him, either, which is really annoying.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Nooooooooooooo not Ragman. :(

is everyone watching baseball or something?

man I thought Ollie sprayed that anti-molecule stuff in that dude's face lol.

nooneofconsequence fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Oct 27, 2016

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

ollie and john's escape at the end there was kind of confusingly shot

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

also i can't remember who the guy lance was sticking close to this episode is but rn he's my guess for prometheus

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Felicity doesn't have tracking devices on all team members?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

:rip: Arrow thread. Out-posted by the Flash thread during a new episode.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
It's gotten 10,000X better this season. Feels like we're back in line with the intensity of the first season, the fight scenes are pretty drat good and have mass and impact now.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ragman does metal art? What is he, the quirky female love interest in a movie from the 90s?

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
Cutty was so great in that scene at the end with Wyld Dywg, he's just so happy at the prospect of torturing him.

Crunk Abortion
Mar 5, 2009

Young based lord and I look like JESUS
Four episodes in, and Arrow is solidly back on top of the pile in the Berlantiverse. Would have never called that poo poo. Also, I think the dude playing Adrian Chase is hitting every single emotional beat for where his arc is going. I almost get Christian Bale-esque vibes from his performance. Really, really good poo poo.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Yeah that was a great episode, gently caress secrets, ragman had his little mood, now he's back, this is what happens when you don't keep secrets.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Why did the groups bulletsponge decide that he should run as first, when they're getting shot from behind?

Oh, so we get dramatically wounded Curtis and rookie captured.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

How do you even beat Ragman? Do you splash him with some Tide or Downy?

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

I love how he's all like "rag man, cover me"

then rag man is all like wibbly octopus poo poo. loving amazing.

if anyone is watching this show can you please do a gif of that wibbly octopus moment!

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

I feel like Ragman has a distinct advantage over the other recruits. He's apparently a magic Golem man with a mystical cloak that makes him bulletproof. And explosion-proof.

And *nuclear explosion*-proof. Didn't he survive the blast because of rag powers?

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

BSam posted:

I love how he's all like "rag man, cover me"

then rag man is all like wibbly octopus poo poo. loving amazing.

if anyone is watching this show can you please do a gif of that wibbly octopus moment!

Does that mean that his father was... Octodad?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

BreakAtmo posted:

Does that mean that his father was... Octodad?

A perfectly and completely normal human father? I don't know why that would be important.

Crunk Abortion
Mar 5, 2009

Young based lord and I look like JESUS
I'm really hoping they get into the more mystical aspects of Ragman at some point. I don't need a whole plot arc or anything, but it'd be cool to have him explain where the rags come from just so I can see Diggle react to that poo poo

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Xealot posted:

I feel like Ragman has a distinct advantage over the other recruits. He's apparently a magic Golem man with a mystical cloak that makes him bulletproof. And explosion-proof.

And *nuclear explosion*-proof. Didn't he survive the blast because of rag powers?

According to Wikipedia, the reason he doesn't get hurt is the rags are full of the souls of evil people, and the souls take damage instead of him.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
It almost feels weird but I'm not hating this season so far...

I expected to watch two episodes and then quit due to the immense stupidity that was rampant last season but so far it's kinda back to basics and good! Felicity being more about quippy awkward verbal diarrhoea than shoutcrying reminds me why she was one of my favourite characters of the first few seasons. Squeezing dumb drama out of a fun character is always a bad move.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Martout posted:

I expected to watch two episodes and then quit due to the immense stupidity that was rampant last season but so far it's kinda back to basics and good! Felicity being more about quippy awkward verbal diarrhoea than shoutcrying reminds me why she was one of my favourite characters of the first few seasons. Squeezing dumb drama out of a fun character is always a bad move.

It really helps that they scaled everything back and made the lead villain an ordinary if enjoyably charismatic crimeboss. No more saving the world, just lowering the crime rate in Star City and building a legacy of crimefighting. And looking good while doing it

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

Martout posted:

I expected to watch two episodes and then quit due to the immense stupidity that was rampant last season but so far it's kinda back to basics and good! Felicity being more about quippy awkward verbal diarrhea than shoutcrying reminds me why she was one of my favorite characters of the first few seasons. Squeezing dumb drama out of a fun character is always a bad move.

While it is a very good season so far, Felicity still sucks and has cry talked like at least once every episode except the first.

DarklyDreaming posted:

It really helps that they scaled everything back and made the lead villain an ordinary if enjoyably charismatic crimeboss. No more saving the world, just lowering the crime rate in Star City and building a legacy of crimefighting. And looking good while doing it

It's pretty great, but I'm still expecting Cutty Church to find some interdimensinal bomb and then try to blow up not just Star City, but ALL OF TIME AND SPACE! Ollie and the gang will succeed in stopping him but not without localizing damage to just the universe where Earth 2 is, oops.

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Oct 27, 2016

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

DarklyDreaming posted:

Yeah, I don't give a poo poo about his big plan, I just love seeing Church on screen. He's having so much fun

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Guy Goodbody posted:

According to Wikipedia, the reason he doesn't get hurt is the rags are full of the souls of evil people, and the souls take damage instead of him.

Holy poo poo. :black101:

I'd like to see him explain that to Oliver. "I'm kind of invincible." "Oh wow, that's great!" "It's because the souls of the damned are in eternal torture inside my cloak because of my actions." "...not seeing the problem?"

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Still apprehensively optimistic.. it's been good so far with very few bumps in the road.

edit:

LOL Guess they're not even being subtle about stealing creatively borrowing from The Dark Knight.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Oct 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Saw a gif of Ragman and was like "...huh." So I came here to see what the general opinion RE: show is. Because one thing I remember from last season was that before Laurelgate and the disastrophe that was the Olicity breakup, Arrow was crazy fun and seemed to be having the time of its life for awhile. Is it back in that place?

What I've heard makes me optimistic. I like the idea of Oliver having a team of fellow heroes with different skills and specializations. Mr. Terrific with the gadgets, Ragman with the weird tentacle poo poo and being basically a metahuman, and... ummm... others? The point being they aren't all just Other Arrows, or people in fetish gear who like punching bad guys.

So what's the verdict? Dare I watch? Is there reason to hope again?

• Locked thread