Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Can alphas be shook?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I'm pretty pumped that I got to watch the Cubs win a WS game tonight and get to see the 3 alphas in person tomorrow night. Truly a great time to be a Chicago fan.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Magic Johnson is writing a child's book report about the NBA

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Can alphas be shook?

Unshookable.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Can alphas be shook?

If they could they wouldn't be alphas.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Henchman of Santa posted:

The Brow put up 50/16/5 with 7 steals and 4 blocks. Mother of god.

Of course they lost because their starting point guard is Tim Frazier but whatever

Nah, they lost because they couldn't rebound or hit any of the many, many 3s they took. Also, no defense in the first three quarters.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

If we combine the Three Alphas with Trust the Process, we potentially could create new carbon-based lifeforms.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple-alpha_process?wprov=sfia1

quote:

The triple-alpha process is a set of nuclear fusion reactions by which three helium-4 nuclei (alpha particles) are transformed into carbon.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Kibner posted:

Nah, they lost because they couldn't rebound or hit any of the many, many 3s they took. Also, no defense in the first three quarters.

These are symptoms of our second best player being Tim Frazier.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Redgrendel2001 posted:

If we combine the Three Alphas with Trust the Process, we potentially could create new carbon-based lifeforms.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple-alpha_process?wprov=sfia1

trade embiid to chicago

*extremely captain picard voice*

THERE ARE FOUR ALPHAS

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Embid isn't an alpha?

He is the Process. Big difference.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Two Tone Shoes posted:

These are symptoms of our second best player being Tim Frazier.

:v:

On the plus side, I bought a Mardi Gras hat at the team store tonight.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Every time Embiid does something cool, I'm still afraid his foot will explode into a million pieces

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Dexo posted:

Embid isn't an alpha?

He is the Process. Big difference.

Are you telling me there are only three alphas

Nice move, Cardassian

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Wait, Giannis had 31/9/5 tonight? Why has no-one alerted the thread this?

brb watching highlights on league pass

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

Spoeank posted:

trade embiid to chicago

*extremely captain picard voice*

THERE ARE FOUR ALPHAS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAdGhMRBbzY

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

tanglewood1420 posted:

Wait, Giannis had 31/9/5 tonight? Why has no-one alerted the thread this?

brb watching highlights on league pass
lots of big nights.

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog
Nuggets won. Doesn't matter Davis dropped a monster game because he is awesome. Mudiay struggled but Nurkic was a beast.

25 turnovers should have been a killer though

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Was this posted cause lmao Embiid is GOAT

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Pack away those Curry jerseys and dust off those Webber jerseys, Fairfield

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

So is Jonathon Simmons real?

with simmons its all about consistency. we know he has talent, ability, and desire. the question is can he do it on reg and cut down on turnovers

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

The Kings social media intern hasn't missed a beat

https://twitter.com/SacramentoKings/status/791499503756988417

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

triple sulk posted:

Was this posted cause lmao Embiid is GOAT

NBA N/V: "Regular white people. You can find videos of them online."

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Criminal Minded posted:

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Henchman of Santa posted:

The Brow put up 50/16/5 with 7 steals and 4 blocks. Mother of god.

Of course they lost because their starting point guard is Tim Frazier but whatever

46.5 GmSc on opening night is good. Only 1990 Jordan with a 51.2 has done higher (since 1984).

:lol:

R.D. Mangles posted:

it will be funny to me if they still can't beat this lovely-rear end dyfunctional bulls team

Bulls 8-0 in last two seasons against them. :hfive:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Giannis is the truth

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

There's no way he can know all that at this point. He's bluffing.

Niwrad posted:

I'm pretty pumped that I got to watch the Cubs win a WS game tonight and get to see the 3 alphas in person tomorrow night. Truly a great time to be a Chicago fan.

-Durant joining the Warriors.
-Cubs winning a WS game.
-Embiid playing an NBA game.

Going by this trajectory...

-Trump wins in a few weeks and has HRC arrested live on TV.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Well I regret staying up for the second half of Rockets Lakers, but go Embiid and go Point Beard

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I've heard Anthony Davis is good at playing basketball. I might have to look into this.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I can't wait for Gar Forman to spend the next 4 seasons gearing up for his "2021 plan" to awkwardly recruit Anthony Davis to the Bulls.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Harden had 17 assists you guise. We just need every team to play the same defense as the Lakers did in the first half.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Criminal Minded posted:

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

harden and anthony davis should become best pals and commiserate over puttitng up stupid numbers and looking at how many games behind the spurs they are

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/791512317775065088

Tired legs from what though? It's the first game of the season and the Lakers had to play the same game

also:

https://twitter.com/MarkG_Medina/status/791513293936402433

chunkles fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Oct 27, 2016

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

chunkles posted:

Harden had 17 assists you guise. We just need every team to play the same defense as the Lakers did in the first half.

D'Anotni usually has wonderful game plans, that don't take into account the fact that some teams adjust during the half (and heck, some good teams adjust even more often than that!). The good news though is probably like half the coaches in the league don't bother with adjustments until the playoffs (if ever).

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
DeKobe had himself a game, (so did JV)

Curious, how far the Raptors can go with a rookie back up 5, hopefully Bebe comes back soon.

On the plus side, their early schedule looks pretty easy, lots of teams with injuries+suspension.

Also, picking up Capela as my last round option in fantasy is looking gooooooood.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Rockets really, really need a competent PG to spell Harden. Points guard works fine, and they have some real spacing and solid offensive players for the first time in a while, but played some real dumb basketball especially when Harden was out.

Rick posted:

D'Anotni usually has wonderful game plans, that don't take into account the fact that some teams adjust during the half (and heck, some good teams adjust even more often than that!). The good news though is probably like half the coaches in the league don't bother with adjustments until the playoffs (if ever).

Not too dissimilar to Kevin McHale actually

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Welcome back to basketball SemiBadAss.

My big overreaction for the day is that the Pacers will play watchable basketball this year.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

chunkles posted:

Rockets really, really need a competent PG to spell Harden. Points guard works fine, and they have some real spacing and solid offensive players for the first time in a while, but played some real dumb basketball especially when Harden was out.

Not too dissimilar to Kevin McHale actually

i dont love beverly but he will help with this some i think and maybe even play some defense while he is doing it

edit: Honestly i'm sure i'll find MDA poo poo to bitch about but the rockets roster just isn't very good this year outside of harden and i've got pretty low expectations accordingly

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
https://twitter.com/ESefko/status/791481103777406976
:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Hang in there, Dirk.

Only 81 games to go. :smith: