Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Captain Oblivious posted:

I'm currently expecting the next panel to be Gear taking a bullet from that gun Ben has been toting around

I mean usually Chekhov's gun takes a little longer to get pulled off the wall, but the comic does take a while between updates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yvonmukluk posted:

So, I think today's Bad Machinery is a great introduction to the tone of the Bobbinsverse.

I haven't kept up in so long, but apparently the detective kids are grown up now?

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Getting there, but still teens.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Oh, I took a peek back and the magazines guys are literally talking about hiring teens. Presumably they're talking about Lottie.

Hah.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
i'm glad bad machinery is still going.... wasn't John Allison thinking about ending it?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Has anyone taken a look at Monster Pulse as of late? I almost want an avatar of Ayo in that last panel, beating furiously out of control. :3:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
monster pulse has been adorable lately

wilde life is being both completely unsurprising yet extremely alarming

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also, gunnerkrigg did a thing again

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Nuns with Guns posted:

i'm glad bad machinery is still going.... wasn't John Allison thinking about ending it?

Yeah, he was considering it, but he changed his mind. Which I'm very glad of, because now Charlotte Grote Girl Reporter is a thing that is happening. Also he's been writing an ongoing Giant Days series which is delightful.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Loving the The Day Today reference in today's Bad Machinery.

The whiteboard. If you don't get it, second clip: https://youtu.be/pnS07NS8110

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I read the Giant Days holiday special today.

It's pretty great, and I recommend it.

I should warn people it does contain Desmond Fishman, though.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
huh, so apparently earthsong somehow managed to come to an end last week? I remember trying to read that comic like five times and each time the entire intro chapter's art had been redone... and looks like it was redone again since the last time I checked years ago

yesssss, the cast page remains unsullied

Nuns with Guns fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Oct 27, 2016

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Turpentine and Honey are going to die in that building :ohdear:

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
the tragic lesbians curse strikes again

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Oct 27, 2016

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Nuns with Guns posted:

huh, so apparently earthsong somehow managed to come to an end last week? I remember trying to read that comic like five times and each time the entire intro chapter's art had been redone... and looks like it was redone again since the last time I checked years ago

this is the worst mixtape

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Crocoswine posted:

this is the worst mixtape

It's a treasure and the perfect distillation of early 2000s white girl angst

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Nuns with Guns posted:

All I remember I that the Lavender-skinned lady is probably Fantasy Jesus, and that the protagonist/antagonist dynamic reminded me heavily of Beast Wars.

Edit: Ah, she marries the vampire, who started out drawn as a moody bishonen and turned into Edward Cullen.

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Oct 27, 2016

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I don't think I ever read far enough to understand the ongoing plot.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
In The End, at this point I'm more invested in the hover text story than in the comic. I want Endstorm 2 to be a real movie that exists. It needs to be real.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Cat Mattress posted:

In The End, at this point I'm more invested in the hover text story than in the comic. I want Endstorm 2 to be a real movie that exists. It needs to be real.

If we had the money and connections, I can basically guarantee we would be making that exact movie at this very moment :v:

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
http://scarygoround.com/?date=20161027

I see that Charlotte has now fully inherited Shelley Winter's mantle of Manic Pixie Dream Destroyer.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Yak of Wrath posted:

http://scarygoround.com/?date=20161027

I see that Charlotte has now fully inherited Shelley Winter's mantle of Manic Pixie Dream Destroyer.

And in a decade or so she can hand it back to Shelley's daughter.

It's the circle of life.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
John Allison is one of the very best comic artists out there. I wish he'd gain some confidence instead of endlessly fretting on Twitter about his popularity.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Agreed, but to be fair, he is just so good and so prolific that it is a little sad he's not as widely loved as he might be. Like, he would deserve it.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Pistol_Pete posted:

John Allison is one of the very best comic artists out there.

nah

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Pistol_Pete posted:

John Allison is one of the very best comic artists out there. I wish he'd gain some confidence instead of endlessly fretting on Twitter about his popularity.

He is probably concerned about his old age. Everybody should join me on his PayPal subscription thing so that he can one day afford his old people medications!

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rand Brittain posted:

He is probably concerned about his old age. Everybody should join me on his PayPal subscription thing so that he can one day afford his old people medications!

Liquor's not that expensive :v:

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
my rose has no thorns, only honey. i am a bed of soil

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wait a minute...

roses don't produce honey! what kind of scam operation you trying to run here!? :mad:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Rand Brittain posted:

Everyone should also be buying Giant Days.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Tollymain posted:

wait a minute...

roses don't produce honey! what kind of scam operation you trying to run here!? :mad:

sometimes you're just crawling with bees

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Guys, guys!

The next issue of Giant Days is based around a trip to Ikea.

Look at that cover. Look at it.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I won't.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
I went to IKEA once

by the end I was woozy and dazed, something about the meatballs or the chicken must not've agreed with me

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

The lighting and low hum of ventilation and general shopping noise is what drains my energy whenever I'm at Ikea.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Tollymain posted:

wait a minute...

it's obviously a metaphor for my genitals you knuckle-dragging cretin

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Avshalom posted:

it's obviously a metaphor for my genitals you knuckle-dragging cretin

Eroticism is no excuse for mixed metaphors!

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Mr. Lobe posted:

Eroticism is no excuse for mixed metaphors!
racist

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Kiwi Blitz:
Truth be told, I'm mildly surprised Gear has much in the way of capital B blood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Eyyyy I called it

Remember, only her left side is cybernetic bullshit. The majority of her body is still flesh and blood, whatever she might claim out of bravado.

• Locked thread