Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

BizarroAzrael posted:

Haven't all the S2 kits had high heels?

I could be remembering wrong, but I thought the Graze successor had more traditional looking feet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Neurolimal posted:

I could be remembering wrong, but I thought the Graze successor had more traditional looking feet?

... kiiind of. They're sort of like high heels that have become so high they've fused with the sole.

The Shiden also has much more pronounced heels than the Hyakuren or Hyakuri, and the Lupus inherits the Sixth Form's raised heels.

Stilettos are still in.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I look at the Lunagazer Gundam and all I can think is the design document for it reading something like "Let's use the Stargazer Gundam, but take away what made it cool and special (the rings) and replace it with a Zeta-esque flight pack to make it as generic as possible".

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I haven't been too hype for most of the recent build releases, they all just look like recolors of Zeta with random blocks thrown in.

Its a shame, because I still adore the gyans and love the Kamiki Burning design.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Someone please design suits with sensible feet, we don't need Gundam Louboutin or Graze Blahnik

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Are there any upcoming hguc designs apart from the ground gm?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

Are there any upcoming hguc designs apart from the ground gm?

Depending on how far you want to stretch HGUC, there's an early-model Guncannon from The Origin coming up.

Quad
Dec 31, 2007

I've seen pogs you people wouldn't believe
Ooooooh I am in over my head with this.
Never did any modeling/painting etc before, bought a HG RX-78-02, had a lot of fun with it, am slowly learning how to panel line it/make it not look awful.
So I figured, "Hey, well, I wanna do another one, but I don't want a 1/100 size thing... I'll do an RG RX-78-02!"
...What the hell.
I need suggestions on the best magnifying lamp to buy, also whether or not it's possible to buy spare parts anywhere, as I've already lost a piece

D1-20, one of the smallest possible things to lose. :(

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Welcome to the RG line, enjoy spending hours digging through your carpet for parts and doing really awkward things to make skirt armor stay on.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I lose pieces constantly (though none from my only RG), made worse by having a black carpet. My advice is to just relax, make sure you're not building stuff in a place your fam is constantly walking through, and just take a few minutes every so often to search the floor/chair crevices for the part. It's not like it's going to go bad, it should turn up eventually.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The #1 rule of building Gunpla is that you only get to cry if the piece you lost was necessary to completing the model. Anything else is just battle damage

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012
Ugh, hate to break it to you, but the RG RX-78 is one of the worst kits I've ever built. It's nearly impossible to pose without at least one piece falling off, and on more than one occasion fell apart on the shelf it was sitting on. It's been consigned to zip lock storage hell.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Here is the answer to your problem: glue.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

StalkofWheat posted:

Ugh, hate to break it to you, but the RG RX-78 is one of the worst kits I've ever built. It's nearly impossible to pose without at least one piece falling off, and on more than one occasion fell apart on the shelf it was sitting on. It's been consigned to zip lock storage hell.

Counterpoint: I haven't had any trouble with mine*. I keep him in the kneeling position they have printed on the box because I'm unoriginal.

*Having said this, once I get all my stuff out of storage I'm going to find out that it exploded during the move.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I really love how primitive and badly-designed the Geirail is. It really looks like the result of people who'd never done it before bodging together their first mobile suit, and it's really cool how it creates a narrative with the Graze, which is not only more technically sophisticated but either refines its response to or outright answers a heap of problems its parent had.

That axe-shield alone... :magical:

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Quad posted:

Ooooooh I am in over my head with this.
Never did any modeling/painting etc before, bought a HG RX-78-02, had a lot of fun with it, am slowly learning how to panel line it/make it not look awful.
So I figured, "Hey, well, I wanna do another one, but I don't want a 1/100 size thing... I'll do an RG RX-78-02!"
...What the hell.
I need suggestions on the best magnifying lamp to buy, also whether or not it's possible to buy spare parts anywhere, as I've already lost a piece

D1-20, one of the smallest possible things to lose. :(

There's an entire separate set of parts you can use for those joint covers so you should be good.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Yeah but who would actually use the full caps?

Quad
Dec 31, 2007

I've seen pogs you people wouldn't believe
Got to the waist today and these goddamn skirt flaps barely go in at all, there's going to be glue after all is said and done.
And I've never put a decal on in my life, so... that should be fun. Waiting on a magnifier lamp for that part.
Also... I can't figure this out

the B part is too small to fit in or on the C-19, there are no visible, like, notches or grooves, it's a complete mystery. Took a break and bought an HG Grimgerde because who doesn't want a bunny-ear robot?

Xy Hapu
Mar 7, 2004

My guess is C13 and C14 in the next step attach onto B and lock it in place, I never built that kit though so I don't really know.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

A look at upcoming Metal Builds.

MB 00Q was announced (sucks to be Metal Gear!), MB Powered Red seems to actually be happening, and we got a look at the prototype for MB Arbalest.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

BlitzBlast posted:

A look at upcoming Metal Builds.

MB 00Q was announced (sucks to be Metal Gear!), MB Powered Red seems to actually be happening, and we got a look at the prototype for MB Arbalest.

A third party needs to make a add on part to complete that Powered Red sword. :v:

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

Darth Walrus posted:

I really love how primitive and badly-designed the Geirail is. It really looks like the result of people who'd never done it before bodging together their first mobile suit, and it's really cool how it creates a narrative with the Graze, which is not only more technically sophisticated but either refines its response to or outright answers a heap of problems its parent had.

That axe-shield alone... :magical:

I love grunt suits to death and this here is my type of poison.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
i wasn't going to buy the arbalest but it looks really good

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Are they making way more MB's lately or is it just me.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
If only they'd actually produce enough for me to be able to buy 'em! They seem to be reissuing the Destiny every other month on the premium store and it still sells out.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Ka0 posted:

I love grunt suits to death and this here is my type of poison.

I've seen people complain about that giant skirt thruster pack, but it seems like a key part of its crappy first draft aesthetic to me. Helps explain why the Graze's butt-thrusters look the way they do.

El Mido
Feb 22, 2011
So I placed an order on HLJ for the anti-materiel rifle and pile bunker accessories for the HG Astaroth at the beginning of October back when they were taking preorders but it's now at the end of the month and I haven't heard anything about it and when I go and check the item's page it says it's discontinued. Am I SOL? :(

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Check the status of your order.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

El Mido posted:

So I placed an order on HLJ for the anti-materiel rifle and pile bunker accessories for the HG Astaroth at the beginning of October back when they were taking preorders but it's now at the end of the month and I haven't heard anything about it and when I go and check the item's page it says it's discontinued. Am I SOL? :(

If you pre-ordered it you should be fine. Go to your account at hlj and check your orders, it should be there. It saying it's discontinued on the page just means they're not expecting more stock to be made/delivered to them.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

What's the best site to pick up replacement runners? Snapped a fiddly piece last night and I'd like to replace it.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

A friend of mine confirmed that kuboTEN is a working parts replacement order for Bandai kits.

There's a 1700 yen fee right off the bat though, and EMS shipping is pretty pricey at ~2000 yen. SAL is much cheaper though.

Turnaround time for my friend was 3-4 weeks, but apparently that was because Bandai drags their feet on making the parts. And honestly that's still miles better than the agonizing wait of Gentei Parts.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
A 1700 fee irregardless of what you order? Seems like it'd only be worthwhile if you had a very specific kitbash design in mind/want lots of shoulderpads to experiment with.

Shame, because I have a dumb idea for my hygogg, but it requires the Zaku Worker claws and I'm not keen on paying for a handless worker/pile of niche kitbash parts

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Neurolimal posted:

A 1700 fee irregardless of what you order? Seems like it'd only be worthwhile if you had a very specific kitbash design in mind/want lots of shoulderpads to experiment with.

Shame, because I have a dumb idea for my hygogg, but it requires the Zaku Worker claws and I'm not keen on paying for a handless worker/pile of niche kitbash parts

The Mobile Worker can use the spare hand from the Gouf, for whatever that's worth. If you were going to get a Gouf Origin already...

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Neurolimal posted:

You're intended to order entire runners rather than parts.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

You're intended to order entire runners rather than parts.

Well, I'd probably order the black sprue for the claws, and whichever red one has the claw hand armor. I'm well stocked with rubber polycap bits and styrene hinges.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012
Does anyone know of a good place for Kotobukiya replacement sprees?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Neurolimal posted:

Well, I'd probably order the black sprue for the claws, and whichever red one has the claw hand armor. I'm well stocked with rubber polycap bits and styrene hinges.

Can I ask where you get your hinges? I've been meaning to try installing something like that on my MG FA ZZ.

Also today my club built the 1/100 Barbatos Form 6, and I have to say it was a spectacularly unimpressive kit. :geno:

I was expecting something similar to RE/100, but the Full Mechanic line is definitely inferior to it. It absolutely felt like an upscaled HG, and featured stuff like a seemingly pointless inner frame (a lot of parts don't actually attach to it, all of the pistons are just for show, it didn't seemed to be designed to balance with the giant weapons), terrible color separation, and very awkward fits. I know the kit was originally Barbatos Form 4, and then the Form 6 parts were added on top, but I've built variations like that before and none of them were this bad about fitting. If I had to point to something particularly bad, it would probably be the arms: it didn't feel like we even put the armor on, it was more like they just kinda floated there on top of the frame.

Runner design was also lazy as gently caress. The nubs were real bad, and they notably left in almost all the parts you need to make Form 4 except like two pieces on the arms. Which they left out because ???

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Sorry dude, I build most of my hinges (they're not too hard to make with plasticard, styrene tubes, and a styrene or metal rod). You might have some luck on HLJ, I know theres a lot of builders' parts kits for articulation.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Also MB F91's preorders are already sold out.

RIP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
YUP. Amiami went from waiting to closed while hobbysearch at least let me get as far as seeing the reserve button before telling me they'd sold out when I clicked it.