Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
GOLDENEYE - STACK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Rick posted:

GOLDENEYE - STACK

If you pick oddjob you're a motherfucker.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Boogle posted:

If you pick oddjob you're a motherfucker.

Slappers only oddjob was the easiest way to end a friendship.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I think a Capture The Flag map could be fun for OW.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I think I've honestly never enjoyed capture the flag in any FPS

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Oddjob is the reason Torb has a massive hitbox.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

yo mamma a Horus posted:

Because they were retarded.

Hahaha can you imagine idiots who like games lmbo

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

my Warcraft guild posted:

I think a Capture The Flag map could be fun for OW.

Oh god, can you imagine trying to catch Tracer amped up speed boost and nanoboosted?

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

lest we forget 2fort's dad:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I am doing well playing Widowmaker. I got a killstreak of nine and then five with her which I know is noob stuff but it felt really great! I kept getting owned in the middle match by a Hanzo who would just leap out of cover and then hide again so fast. I always missed him.

e: I also shot a Pharah(?) out of the sky and got an "ult cancelled" pop-up and felt insanely cool and rad

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Oct 27, 2016

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts

EmmyOk posted:

e: I also shot a Pharah(?) out of the sky and got an "ult cancelled" pop-up and felt insanely cool and rad

And so it begins, your path unto hanjo

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
just lost a placement match where I was lucio most of the game yet had gold in elims

actually most of my placement matches have been weird & hosed up

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

I Said No posted:

lest we forget 2fort's dad:

2fort was a thing in the '96 mod before facing worlds was a twinkle in cliffyb's eye

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Cumtaster posted:

2fort was a thing in the '96 mod before facing worlds was a twinkle in cliffyb's eye

you old bitch

teraflame
Jan 7, 2009

IronicDongz posted:

just lost a placement match where I was lucio most of the game yet had gold in elims

actually most of my placement matches have been weird & hosed up

gold elims as lucio isn't out of the ordinary, your shots can tickle everything.

Jervas Dudley
Feb 18, 2007

Bro and Maplehoof: Go beyond the impossible!
:kamina:
I'm on console because I pretty much only play with friends. I got stuck playing Lucio early (because I love him), but now that we've reached platinum in competitive other people are picking Lucio. I'm having a hard time aiming with other characters, particularly hitscan characters. Are there any tutorial or tip videos specifically for console? Even more general thumbstick aiming stuff would help.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

hey guys remember when sombra was the talk of the town

and the whole ARG thing. what a hot topic of discussion that was, back then. whenever that was.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Tom Gorman posted:

hey guys remember when sombra was the talk of the town

and the whole ARG thing. what a hot topic of discussion that was, back then. whenever that was.

Unfortunately Sombra died on the way back to her home planet.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
Face was a terrible(y fun) map but it was way better than 2fort

I never understood why 2fort was so much more popular than well, the good version of 2fort

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ctf wouldn't be fun in overwatch because ctf isn't fun

Panfilo posted:

Oh god, can you imagine trying to catch Tracer amped up speed boost and nanoboosted?

nano/transcendence/speed boost+amp it up zenyatta

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Manatee Cannon posted:

ctf wouldn't be fun in overwatch because ctf isn't fun

nano/transcendence/speed boost+amp it up zenyatta

Well... CTF is less bad in games where everyone moves at the same speed.

It would be the most bad in Overwatch.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ctf is always bad and I honestly can't think of any exceptions to that rule off the top of my head

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Blizzard will probably make a CTF Brawl one day where everyone is Tracer.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Rock2 was a legit-as-hell twist on CTF and I miss playing that map.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011
I just had a wierd side image in my mind,

The Omnic version of Stargate SG1:

"Enter the Iris"

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...
Ok so I've been practicing Zenyatta in QP because my projectile aim/prediction is horrible. After a few hours it finally clicked. Not the aim/prediction (because lets be honest, it still sucks) but the pure, unadulterated bullshit you can get away with when you are landing shots.

I have never seen such a sorry roadhog as one that runs into a house and pops his self heal thinking "Phew! I'm safe!"

Just before you nail a sneaky no footsteps flanking discord buffed x5 charged shot to the head and watch his healthbar implode faster than he can say the "what" in "what the gently caress".

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I checked that masteroverwatch thing and people have already started blocking me it seems :saddowns:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
A simple pleasure: playing D.Va with an Ana, Lucio and Mercy healing and boosting you, stopping the payload an inch shy of the finish and winning.

Jervas Dudley posted:

I'm on console because I pretty much only play with friends. I got stuck playing Lucio early (because I love him), but now that we've reached platinum in competitive other people are picking Lucio. I'm having a hard time aiming with other characters, particularly hitscan characters. Are there any tutorial or tip videos specifically for console? Even more general thumbstick aiming stuff would help.

There is an aiming video that gets posted in the tryhard thread a lot (wish I had the link to it) where the guy basically says "adjust your sensitivty until you can track the eye of the training bot as you strafe."

Since I started practicing the stuff in that vid my aim has gotten a lot better overall, even though it was meant for mouse.

You're a lot better at the game than I am so maybe it won't help you. As an aside, I find Genji pretty similar when it comes to aiming to Lucio, just sped up, although that obviously isn't the hit scan you were looking for.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

EmmyOk posted:

I checked that masteroverwatch thing and people have already started blocking me it seems :saddowns:

Lmao.

Maybe you just are ending up with tankists.

Rick fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Oct 27, 2016

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

What? Where does that show up on MO?

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I had a game as Zarya recently and our Lucio was rather aggressive and had his speed aura on most of the time.

Ooooooh boy, a charged and slightly speed boosted Zarya is TONS of fun.
There is no escape.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

There was a percentile blocked statistic oh the top of the page and I was in the 84th percentile rather than 99th

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!

Jervas Dudley posted:

I'm on console because I pretty much only play with friends. I got stuck playing Lucio early (because I love him), but now that we've reached platinum in competitive other people are picking Lucio. I'm having a hard time aiming with other characters, particularly hitscan characters.
while I can't help with console aim suggestions if you're comfortable with projectiles zen should be really easy to pick up. Whether zen/lucio is a good combo I'll leave up to someone else but it's fun and brought me success, in scrub tier at least :v:

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

The Crotch posted:

Rock2 was a legit-as-hell twist on CTF and I miss playing that map.

Rock2 and Well were hilarious in competitive, just because of the insane routes you could get via Conc and Bunnyhopping/Strafe Jumping.

It's too bad Fortress Forever never gained popularity. Too complex for the CoD and BF addled minds.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

EmmyOk posted:

There was a percentile blocked statistic oh the top of the page and I was in the 84th percentile rather than 99th

I think that's damage blocked.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it is, I don't think masteroverwatch has any way of knowing whether someone got salty enough to block you or not

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Sorry but that is just so loving precious :)

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

The one game mode I think would lend itself well to Overwatch would be the UT2k4 "Assault" map type. Those were always a ton of fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvtKIe9-Ddk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

ahhhhhhh I'm so embarrassed