Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

14 BAR RIFF posted:

It didn't have to be like this, Justin.

I know what the problem is, all it took was this picture.

That engine is way too loving clean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Fermented Tinal posted:

I know what the problem is, all it took was this picture.

That engine is way too loving clean.

Piss on it

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

14 BAR RIFF posted:

They say the Lord doesn't give you anything you can't handle.

Which pretty serendipitously doubles as a follow up to the previously mentioned half box of Franzia He saw fit to reward me with out there by the 711 dumpster.

I mean it would be a waste NOT to drink it

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Man if people knew even half the things in this city I've pissed on, let alone any other city I've been to there would be no loving way I could convince anyone I wasn't totally loving unhinged. If something gets me angry enough I'm like a god damned cat that holds a grudge and opposable thumbs, and guess what pal I guess that makes you that super cute $800 purse you just bought and thought was safe because Einstein here used the closet that had a child proof latch on it as their primary line of defense.

I don't know you who you are. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for a ransom, I can tell you, I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills acquired over a very long career in the shadows, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you.

So I guess I'm trying to say one box on that cardboard Honda check list comes pre printed as filled in(on/inside/under/etc)

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

There I fixed it :shepicide:

Tomorrow is stop loss day so if I can't get it running tonight tomorrow is vacation homing everybody and preparing to greyhound to Nebraska.

Rawrl
Mar 30, 2010

14 BAR RIFF posted:

There I fixed it :shepicide:

If it's stupid and it works, it isn't stupid.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Proceeding with Truck Attack Plan R.

Edit: gremlin didnt tell me he kept a list of things I needed to borrow, but then sent me the update at time of issuing new Wing orders.

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Oct 26, 2016

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
What's the closest airport? Omaha?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Jealous Cow posted:

What's the closest airport? Omaha?

14 can't travel on airplanes anymore.

Not since the incident.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Seat Safety Switch posted:

14 can't travel on airplanes anymore.

Not since the incident.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Man I love knowing the right people. Granted, he wasn't pleased I interrupted his daughter's wedding for this, but luckily he understood the urgency. Nice guy too, just says I owe him one.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Somewhere, Kastein just got aroused, and isn't sure why.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Man I love knowing the right people. Granted, he wasn't pleased I interrupted his daughter's wedding for this, but luckily he understood the urgency. Nice guy too, just says I owe him one.

Hey I wonder if Kastein is....

IOwnCalculus posted:

Somewhere, Kastein just got aroused, and isn't sure why.

Ah dammit

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
He certainly has some passionate feelings for Renix FI and shared fleeting sweaty moments with another man in the back seat of a stranger's Justy that one weekend. Can't blame him, its really hard being so far away from home and hoping that maybe this time, this once, this man you're meeting off the internet again can teach you how to trust again.

Kastein, baby, if you're reading this, I just wanted to say I think just maybe, maaaaybe, he can. It was finally starting to get interesting and then we found that chainsaw and then you left so suddenly, I promise you I had no idea what that entire logging crew put you through and I swear I had nothing but the best of intentions for us

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Wait, so how many cars do you now own? We'll go with a nominal, colloquial definition of the word "own."

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
The cars own him.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Leperflesh posted:

Wait, so how many cars do you now own? We'll go with a nominal, colloquial definition of the word "own."

Between the Gremlin and I there are 5 total vehicle in possession, of which Honda is in my name, Gremlin and Camaro in his, and AMX and Jeep of which have paperwork but have not gone to the dept of Licensing.

Out of 5 cars and one of the two of us tentatively considered a profesional, a grand total of zero currently operate under their own power.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'm gonna drive to Nebraska lol

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I thought the civic was functional. Bus?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Get a job with Greyhound, drive to Nebraska. Abruptly quit when you arrive at the truck.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
I'm hesitant to offer because I'm wary of insurance concerns, but I have a 96 towncar that isn't being driven at all right now...

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I thought the civic was functional

Ahahaha hahahaha

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Got the bill of Sale after he got off work. It's official.

Add another free car to the corpse pile.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Now that is a legit bill of sale. No one would ever question that.

Maksimus54 posted:

I'm hesitant to offer because I'm wary of insurance concerns, but I have a 96 towncar that isn't being driven at all right now...

That would be too easy, it would be just like his crown vic. Comfy and reliable. Can't have any of that.

Hugh G. Rectum fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Oct 27, 2016

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

That... that's the best bill of sale ever.

Please tell me you're going to the DMV dressed exactly like that, with the same comic-sized bill of sale, to transfer it to your name.

edit: except replace the flashlight with an equally comic sized cigar.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I thought the civic was functional.

I think the timing belt stretched, causing a... timing incident.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Oct 27, 2016

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Well duh its the only way to hide the erection.

Less of an incident and more a lesson from the ancient master on the mountain in patience and inner calm even when faced with the Fury of the Typhoon.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
On a literary scale of Dr Suess to Mein Kampf how hosed is the Civic?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
.... What the hell is going on now?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

slothrop posted:

On a literary scale of Dr Suess to Mein Kampf how hosed is the Civic?

On that literary scale, I'd say it's solidly: https://www.amazon.com/Takes-Villag...akes+a+villiage

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

.... What the hell is going on now?

Probable causemaro is broken due to fuel pump issue I think

Civic won't start after 2 days of work, probably due to stretched out anus timing belt.

14 inch needs to get to the "stupid decisions ITT truck"

He buys a $500 jeep from someone with the hopes it will get him there.

The bill of sale is hilarious.

I think we are all caught uo

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

No, I think the previous owner paid $500 for it, and gifted it to 14.

... if I'm reading that bill of sale correctly.

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

That's what I'm getting from this too. Seriously how many free cars can one man get

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Yeah that part is a bit further down and u readable on my phone.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
This thread continues to be a guiding light of AI.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Need pictures of fleet assembled.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
If they all moved and could be gotten to the same spot for a picture, he would be on the fury road already!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

In california if someone gives you a car, the state taxes it based on some lookup blue book style value. Which is why if you give someone a car, you always write up a bill of sale for some nominal amount instead.

Is it similar in washington?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
In Mass there's a gift declaration form that results in $0 tax, but you can only use it in certain circumstances - same last name, family member, once a year, etc etc.

Otherwise they take the value you paid, or the NADA fair condition value, whichever is greater, and charge you based on that. Ask me about the time I paid $260 in sales tax on a $300 Forester that I bought with no engine!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Yeah, that's why you sell it for $one dollar.

• Locked thread