Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

It's a tough call between robin hoot and black tiger VIII

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

Electric Phantasm posted:

Japanese trailer showed all of the guardians in their closed form.

Not sure what the pink one is supposed to be.

looks like a bug

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Darkest. Lariat.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
i need to learn how to source film maker and how to extract models from 3ds, we need Incineroar doing the Cero Miedo gesture

MountGeek
Apr 14, 2016

Pretty cool final evolutions, guardians and new pokemon. In the new video on the pokemon youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uWAMwcRGmU

Thoughts...

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

MountGeek posted:

Pretty cool final evolutions, guardians and new pokemon. In the new video on the pokemon youtube channel.

Thoughts...

Meh.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Cynthia and Blue are back :swoon:

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

MountGeek posted:

Thoughts...

Just in time

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Zore posted:

Ghost also has the issue of having gently caress-all for physical moves.

Considering your choices are

Lick- poo poo
Astonish- poo poo
Shadow Sneak- Ghost type Quick Attack
Shadow Punch- Ghost type Feint Attack
Shadow Claw- Ghost type Slash
Phantom Force- Ghost type Fly

Physical ghosts are kinda screwed on that front. I gotta hope Rowlett and Mimikyu are special attackers.

Well, Decidueye gets Spirit Shackle, which the site says is physical, so there's probably hope there.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Blue wears Green

Zoo06
Jul 20, 2007
Ghost owl? Yes, please.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

The Lord of Hats posted:

Well, Decidueye gets Spirit Shackle, which the site says is physical, so there's probably hope there.

Yeah, that's basically the best hope.

Remember the good old days when Ghost was physical and there were no physical ghosts? Also Flareon ran it for coverage.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

The Lord of Hats posted:

Oh, poo poo, I thought it was just another Mean Look/Block, I didn't realise it did damage too. That's good to know.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Even if it doesn't pin down Ghost types, it could potentially deal a good amount of damage to them depending on its BP. I could see it being a very useful trapping move in that case.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Was Cosmog in the data mine? Don't really remember it...

I actually don't hate the starters, which is unusual.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

El Burbo posted:

Blue wears Green

Shhh

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

EvilHawk posted:

Was Cosmog in the data mine? Don't really remember it...

I actually don't hate the starters, which is unusual.

everyone thought it was the sealed form of moon bat, but i guess it's something else...

MountGeek
Apr 14, 2016

This is my thought on the Litten final Evo.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

El Burbo posted:

Blue wears Green

blue is green in the japanese manga. makes you think

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
the seal is dumb as hell in a good way but it evolves into something dumb as hell in a bad way

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Was the Red/Blue et al stuff indicated in the leaks at all? There was a video showing supposedly all the intros.

Either way, it is a really cool surprise to me at least.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Oct 27, 2016

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

MountGeek posted:

This is my thought on the Litten final Evo.

Finally a Cena heel turn.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

corn in the bible posted:

the seal is dumb as hell in a good way but it evolves into something dumb as hell in a bad way

someone just lost their free burn heal privileges...

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Seal's signature move looks like the shittiest situational move ever and cements my decision to decide there's no water starter this gen

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

mandatory lesbian posted:

everyone thought it was the sealed form of moon bat, but i guess it's something else...

See I saw it as Cosmog -> That other sealed form people think is for Sun Lion -> Whichever version legendary your game is, like Lycanroc.

Calaveron posted:

Seal's signature move looks like the shittiest situational move ever and cements my decision to decide there's no water starter this gen

But imagine how useful it'll be in Doubles :downs:

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

less laughter posted:

Sorry we're not all arbologist nerds like you

aka somebody who went to middle school

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
It's probably just a type swapped Smelling Salts. Still wouldn't make it any less situational. It could have comboed well with Scald if it wasn't already a water type move.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

After 6 generations of picking Water starter I might actually get a Fire one now.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Also guessing now that Bull Tiki thing is Grass/Fairy, that Marshadow thing is going to be Fire/Fairy since that apparently has a unique typing.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

A bunch of arrow themed physical ghost attacks incoming I guess

That owl is cool as hell

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

As someone who tries to find the good side of things, I like how the mermaid's hair goes all Baba Yaga during her attack animation.

MountGeek
Apr 14, 2016

Calaveron posted:

This will be the first pokemon that I start fire, Litten. I usually start water, but it seems like there is no sense. I still look back to my pokemon blue cart and Squirtle, such a good starter.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

fortunately this grass starter is again the best

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
So far I have gone

Fire
Fire
Fire
Fire
Fire
Fire
Grass

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Zore posted:

So far I have gone

Fire
Fire
Fire
Fire
Fire
Fire
Grass

sceptile is cool, and my friend

actually all the gen3 starters were good. gen 3 best gen forever

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

corn in the bible posted:

sceptile is cool, and my friend

His tree tail is dumb.

Gen IV was also literally a dice roll because they are still the best overall group of Starters and are all good friends.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
i am really, really hoping that the fire starter has good stats and is competitively viable for at least a full vgc season

please lord let it happen, arigatou and amen

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I wonder if Psychic Terrain either prevents Dark attacks from going through (which would be neat) or it's even more priority hate and prevents priority attacks?

Tikis having terrain as a gimmick is alright enough, but I had to remind myself what they did and they're meh:

Electric means no grounded pokemon can fall asleep which could be kinda useful in singles maybe.

Grass gives everything leftovers basically. Maybe Bull Tiki could be some kind of super stall, that gets destroyed by Poison.

Misty prevents all status conditions which is funny cause it's a straight upgrade from Electric, unless you want to status the opponent.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

HEY GUYS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

hello swampert, third best starter overall