Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Oh poo poo, it keeps going? I assumed it was a one-off type thing. Yay!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

Just watched the first two episodes of Galavant on Netflix.
The problem with never watching broadcast TV is that you miss out of these shows until they maybe come to streaming.

It's a medieval comedy musical show with a great cast (Vinnie Jones, for one) and I, so far, adore it.

This is amazing. My only regret is that most of my friends don't like musicals so I can't share it with anyone.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
The new season of Longmire just popped up this afternoon.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

For any Canadians using it, Shomi just announced it's shutting down Nov 30th

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Larry Sanders Show is on HBOGO. Go watch it now

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Luke Cage comes to Netflix in a couple days.
I have the day off and will marathon the whole thing.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Vaginaface posted:

Donald Glover is making an FX show called Atlanta and the first episode is floating around.

E:And I'm recommending that you watch it.

I heard the interview on NPR and it really sounded like a great show.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Looks like HBO Now has *finally* come to PS4, if anyone's been holding out.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
S2 of The Detectorists just went up.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Inzombiac posted:

Just watched the first two episodes of Galavant on Netflix.
The problem with never watching broadcast TV is that you miss out of these shows until they maybe come to streaming.

It's a medieval comedy musical show with a great cast (Vinnie Jones, for one) and I, so far, adore it.

Wow. Galavant is really fun and I had no idea anything like this was getting made, especially on major network broadcast TV. I'd recommend this too.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I thought it was a spinoff of Once Upon a Time. What is it?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

wormil posted:

I thought it was a spinoff of Once Upon a Time. What is it?

Oh god no.
It's a musical comedy show that is a send-up of all the classical hero tales.
It's very funny and there are some very unexpected character arcs.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Inzombiac posted:

Oh god no.
It's a musical comedy show that is a send-up of all the classical hero tales.
It's very funny and there are some very unexpected character arcs.

I'm on episode two of this and it is surprisingly good. I kind of just threw it on so my wife wouldn't burn through Parks and Rec for a ninth time but it's making me laugh out loud a few times an episode. Plus it has Timothy Omundson, who owns

fake edit: holy crap the training montage scene is hilarious.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I started Galavant today and it's definitely good. You guys didn't say that Weird Al was a singing Monk though. That alone would have got my interest.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm so glad to have gotten you all on the Galavant train. It's one of the few shows that really deserves to be picked up for a few more seasons.

I started season 11 (!) Of Supernatural. ONCE AGAIN Sam is hiding poo poo he shouldn't. I shouldn't be surprised at all. At this point, i watch it out of momentum and the hope of a funny episode.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Len posted:

I started Galavant today and it's definitely good. You guys didn't say that Weird Al was a singing Monk though. That alone would have got my interest.

I started out with season 2 but it's pretty likeable. I'm kind of behind on the plot but they explain it fairly well in the first few eps.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Is Happy Valley worth giving a shot?

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Watching The Siege of Jadotville on Netflix and it seems pretty good if you were into Beasts of No Nation, etc.

I think? I enjoyed Happy Valley but I had to google because it kinda faded into the background of "British crime dramas on netflix."

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Len posted:

Starting on this myself. There is an episode called Comedy Gold. Very SA.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

RNG posted:

Watching The Siege of Jadotville on Netflix and it seems pretty good if you were into Beasts of No Nation, etc.
The two movies have almost nothing in common except for the fact that there are soldiers with guns in both. Also they're both set in Africa.

I guess all of these movies look the same to you?

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

coyo7e posted:

The two movies have almost nothing in common except for the fact that there are soldiers with guns in both. Also they're both set in Africa.

I guess all of these movies look the same to you?

Alcohol was involved. They're pretty much completely different, yeah.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer
Just got Amazon prime. What should I watch tonight? Feeling like a comedy movie, action/sci fi could work too

Edit: has anyone seen tusk? I'm kind of curious about it but not really sure

om nom nom has a new favorite as of 05:41 on Oct 17, 2016

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I liked Tusk but everyone here hates it apparently.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Field Mousepad posted:

I liked Tusk but everyone here hates it apparently.

I noticed Justin Long is in it so I might watch it for that reason.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Tusk sucked poo poo.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Watched Hush on Netflix the other night, actually liked it.

Is Stranger Things good Halloween-watching material?

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
That's a big 10-4

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Stranger Things is easily one of the best things on the service and if you haven't seen it yet you're in luck.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really didn't like Stranger Things, it feels like The plot and dialog are really wooden, and the arguing between the young boys seems to just be for tension building. The whole bit with the scientist seems really forced and not believable and the back story really doesn't interest me..

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer
Yea tusk wasn't very good. And I've had "tusk" by fleetwood Mac stuck in my head since I watched it. I bet the rights to that song were the most expensive thing in the budget for that movie.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Turtlicious posted:

... the arguing between the young boys seems to just be for tension building.

The entire show is just for tension building. It's okay not to like something. I was less impressed with it than most but it did a lot of things right and some things exceptionally well. But I felt it dragged at times which is odd since it isn't that many episodes.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Atticus_1354 posted:

Yippie-Ki-Yay MotherFucker?

YOU LEAVE JACK BURTON ALONE

Turtlicious posted:

I really didn't like Stranger Things, it feels like The plot and dialog are really wooden, and the arguing between the young boys seems to just be for tension building. The whole bit with the scientist seems really forced and not believable and the back story really doesn't interest me..

The PYF Unpopular Opinions thread is thataway bro

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Is there a place to watch Green Acres? Can I stream it says no but I'm hoping someone knows a place.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

I watched through all of Brooklyn Nine Nine over the last four weeks on Hulu. Really like that show and had never given it a chance before. Has some of the Parks and Recs guys on the creative team.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Fumaofthelake posted:

I watched through all of Brooklyn Nine Nine over the last four weeks on Hulu. Really like that show and had never given it a chance before. Has some of the Parks and Recs guys on the creative team.

Same here but only the first two seasons. It's very funny and I discovered that I'm basically dating Chelsea Peretti's clone.
I had avoided it because I'm stupid and thought Andy Samberg was only good for comedy hip-hop.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Inzombiac posted:

Same here but only the first two seasons. It's very funny and I discovered that I'm basically dating Chelsea Peretti's clone.
You're dating Beyonce?

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Turtlicious posted:

Yeah the scientist part was not believable. But the whole other dimension full of demons who can cross over, and the girl with mental telepathy, that was legit.

END OF AN ERROR has a new favorite as of 23:19 on Oct 27, 2016

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Remulak posted:

You're dating Beyonce?

Hell yeah. They actually just looks similar. Behaviorally it's about 60%

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles
There's a movie about ChristianMingle made by ChristianMingle on Netflix. It's called ChristianMingle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I'm so sad I don't have alcohol and a large group of people to watch this with.

What do you think it's about? I'm assuming atheist loners