Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

SanSan -> Beale is a reasonable thing, but SanSan -> Breaking News is usually backbreaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Zephro posted:

The only trouble is that involves printing new cards. If the rumours are true it seems they're trying to avoid that for the new Core so that existing players don't have to rebuy their Cores.

That makes me many mucho times happier about a core 2. In fact, they could conceivably do a new core every 2-3 years that is a remix of existing cards to reshape the game drastically every time since old core and expansion cards could come and go pretty freely.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
So, this is the decklist I've been working at for Omar. It really wants a Killer in the Conspiracy breaker set but until I have one I'll have to make due. It's a very straightforward deck to just force the corp to over-extend themselves trying to keep the dirty old man out.

Come at the Keung
code:
Omar Keung: Conspiracy Theorist

Events
2 Déjà Vu
3 Deuces Wild
3 Dirty Laundry
3 Inject
3 I've Had Worse
1 Stimhack
3 Sure Gamble

Hardware
3 Grimoire
3 Prepaid VoicePAD

Resources
3 Liberated Account
3 Street Peddler

Icebreakers
1 Black Orchestra
2 Mimic
2 Paperclip
1 Yog.0

Programs
2 D4v1d
2 Datasucker
2 Medium
1 Nerve Agent
2 Parasite

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
Give me your best Laramy Fisk decks, Goons.

No Fisk sass, just lean, mean, C-tier decks.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Lichtenstein posted:

I deleted the deck I was using in the SA tournament but it was basically an aggressively leela deck converted to disk.

Find one of the leela deja vu Fisk gang sign decks and it should be a good base. In the alternative, you can also try running a Ken Faust drug dealer deck with Fisk as a base. Need to ditch two influence but I've always had fun with Faust Fisk.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Lichtenstein posted:

Here's an old list from last year, it's not MWL legal but go nuts.

Fisk Charm Offensive

Laramy Fisk: Savvy Investor

Event (16)
3x Account Siphon
2x Drive By
3x Fisk Investment Seminar
2x Hostage
1x Quest Completed ●●
2x Special Order
3x Sure Gamble

Hardware (7)
3x Doppelgänger
2x HQ Interface
2x Plascrete Carapace

Resource (13)
2x Film Critic ●●
2x Gang Sign
1x Hades Shard ●
1x Kati Jones
1x Professional Contacts ●●
3x Same Old Thing
3x Security Testing

Icebreaker (7)
2x Alias
2x Breach
1x Faust ●●
2x Passport

Program (2)
2x Keyhole ●●●●● ●

15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Universe of Tomorrow

Deck built on https://netrunnerdb.com.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
For those in Jinteki League 0010, PAIRINGS!!! are available here. Good luck all!

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Lichtenstein posted:

I guess I did have one of the iterations of my Fisk deck saved. Might not be the best but when it works it is fun and can annoy the corp (in the good sort of way where you laugh at getting crushed by Fisk). And when I say it might not be the best what I mean is Tier C decks throw it in the garbage.

https://netrunnerdb.com/en/deck/view/773581

Fisk: Annoyingly Bad

Laramy Fisk: Savvy Investor (The Universe of Tomorrow)

Event (19)
3x Account Siphon (Core Set)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
3x Fisk Investment Seminar (The Universe of Tomorrow)
2x Information Sifting (The Liberated Mind)
2x Quality Time (Humanity's Shadow) [color=#32CD32]●●[/color]
3x Special Order (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (9)
3x Desperado (Core Set) [color=#4169E1]★★★[/color]
2x HQ Interface (Humanity's Shadow)
2x R&D Interface (Future Proof) [color=#32CD32]●●●●[/color]
2x Sports Hopper (Salsette Island)

Resource (10)
3x Gang Sign (The Underway)
2x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)
2x Security Testing (Honor and Profit)
3x Temüjin Contract (Blood Money)

Icebreaker (6)
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set)
1x Gordian Blade (Core Set) [color=#32CD32]●●●[/color]
2x Mongoose (Kala Ghoda)
1x Paperclip (Blood Money) [color=#FF4500]●●●[/color]
1x Passport (Honor and Profit)

Program (2)
2x Sneakdoor Beta (Core Set)
12 influence spent (max 15-3★=12, available 0)
46 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Blood Money

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Does anyone know two decks that play well against each other but not learner decks? I'm trying to teach someone to play after using the some learners and want to move on to more complicated (but not TOO crazy) stuff but she is frustrated because she feels that the decks I made aren't balanced against each other. I grabbed them off stimhack (and got ones that were around at the same meta) since they looked ok but I understand that this can definitely be the case where one deck is designed to be powerful against another.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Radish posted:

Does anyone know two decks that play well against each other but not learner decks? I'm trying to teach someone to play after using the some learners and want to move on to more complicated (but not TOO crazy) stuff but she is frustrated because she feels that the decks I made aren't balanced against each other. I grabbed them off stimhack (and got ones that were around at the same meta) since they looked ok but I understand that this can definitely be the case where one deck is designed to be powerful against another.

check these out, they say learner decks but they're just as good for casual play, the author does well with the kit deck online

https://runthenet.wordpress.com/2016/08/23/recommended-teachinglearning-decks/

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Cool thanks! The ones I had before were fine for learning terminology and the rules but were pretty trash decks for anything past that.

Question though what does a criminal do if their one barrier breaker gets destroyed by an Archer or something? Are they just hosed? I don't play that faction much.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Oct 26, 2016

WFGuy
Feb 18, 2011

Press X to jump, then press X again!
Toilet Rascal
Criminals tend to play a little safer to prevent that, and have very good Killers to prevent the traditional method of program trashing, but yeah, that's one weakness. You basically have to hope that you can still get into at least one relevant server and put pressure on that, or use Crim tricks to bypass the relevant ICE. Inside Job and Femme are both good ways of making your way inside in a pinch.

I haven't been to a proper tourney since Ark Lockdown came out, but it's very plausible that corps could start using the Enforcing Loyalty -> Ark Lockdown combo to lock Crims out with weak barriers.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah looking over those teaching decks the Wayland one versus the criminal seems like you would have to be extremely clear upfront to tell the runner player to never run on unrezzed ice if the corp had any agendas scored and they did not have their switchblade. If that corroder is lost the game is probably over with so many cheap barriers. It's probably a good thing to learn though.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Radish posted:

Yeah looking over those teaching decks the Wayland one versus the criminal seems like you would have to be extremely clear upfront to tell the runner player to never run on unrezzed ice if the corp had any agendas scored and they did not have their switchblade. If that corroder is lost the game is probably over with so many cheap barriers. It's probably a good thing to learn though.

It’s a good thing to learn for someone who’s played five or six games and is interested in learning the game more seriously or actually playing it for any length of time. For someone’s first or second game, it’s a massive red flag and likely to turn them off of the game for good. It’s just not fun to go “oh, well I guess I can’t get into ANY server now…how do I win?” Dying to a snare can be just as bad, because then it’s “Wait, I thought I was supposed to search for agendas, now I’m dead?”

I’ve had something like this happen to a player I was teaching, except almost in reverse. I whiffed an ABT bad, dumping four agenda points into archives. He ran archives, and went from having one 3-point agenda scored to instantly winning, making the victory fall super flat. He was just like “The game’s over now and I won, I guess?" Which isn't exactly a thrilling way to conclude a game. Needless to say, I haven't been able to convince him to try the game out again since.

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

Firing an ABT is probably always a bad idea in a teaching game (as the teacher), honestly. Say you had hit: now the runner has to deal with a 5-15 credit swing in your favor (not counting the free cards/clicks), which isn't very fun when you understand what's happening and how to deal with it, much less when you're still trying to figure out which breaker gets you past wall of static.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
Snare isn't that bad for newbies. Just show it to the runner before you play, and say "be aware that accessing a face-down card against Jinteki can be dangerous. You can play around it by ensuring you have at least three cards, one spare click and two credits before you run, or you can play the odds since I can only have three in my deck", and then maybe remind them again if they run at a point where they could die to it.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

As someone who plays primarily Crim, and who learned the game on Dave Hoyland's Leela deck from worlds last year, I think losing your breakers is a good way to learn how much fun Crim can be. You learn to use your tricks, to spread pressure across multiple servers, and that sometimes you just have to destroy your rig for a big run to win the game. If nothing else, you get to learn that siphon is the best breaker ever, because you don't have to break anything if they can't rez it. My heavily biased view is that criminal is the best faction to learn on precisely for a lot of these reasons.

That said, if you are the teacher in that situation, don't be a dick. Play ICE to give them the option to threaten other remotes and help them see the different avenues. You don't have to let them win, but you can even point out that HQ is still open if R&D is shut out, or that you can still in the centrals if the remote is closed, etc.

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.
The BigBoy teaching decks seem like what you give someone who's already motivated enough to have bought into the game (off someone else's collection or something)and wants some decks to learn archetypes with, or at least already familiar with the ins and outs.

They're pretty bad for an intro deck because the synergies are a little more advanced than "install breaker good, run thing yes good", there's some punishing mistakes to be made if you don't get what's going on, and besides which they're all over the place set wise - if you wanted to build them as a new player you'd need to buy Order and Chaos just for one copy of High Risk Investment and also buy a jillion Core Sets.

I'd say getting to grips with intermediate Netrunner involves a fair degree of getting blown out by cards you've never seen and have to have explained to you (I fondly remember the first time I played against a Shutdown deck), but if it's someone's first time at the table you might be better off with something else.

But then I dunno, a lot of us learned ourselves on the FFG suggested Core decks or the SA ones in the old OP and and did just fine. The virtue there is at least having a smaller cardpool to get to grips with.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

I would say that the only deck there that isn't good necessarily for teaching is the stealth andy deck. I think a reg-rear end criminal would probably have made a better deck for it. That being said, they're not decks that I would recommend people to start with. They're for people that want to play with more than just the core set. The core set is nice, but it's definitely not indicative of the game as it is now. Core set decks play a lot slower, and really only Weyland and HB shine there. NBN doesn't have the cards to deal with it and Jinteki either is do or die. Similarly Anarch is a lot weaker in core set, because Noise just doesn't have the support he needs in order to make him good, whereas Kate and Gabe both do really well in core set.

The teaching decks are more for teaching people good Netrunner habits, particularly with regards to competitve play. That being said, if you do want to use them for teaching netrunner, the HB and Spark decks are pretty good entry level decks, as is the kit build. Both are pretty straightforward to play. The andy deck is definitely more for intermediate play if they want to understand the design space around stealth. And it's still a better deck to get players into netrunner than dyper or IG49

berenzen fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Oct 28, 2016

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
Anyone know what the streaming / coverage arrangements for Worlds will be? There's the official FFG stream, but I assume that will show a mix of all the FFG games being played. Are there plans for a specific Netrunner stream, or is the community organising streaming of its own, or anything like that?

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
here is some intervention for you all

http://imgur.com/a/2eEP2

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Holy poo poo Bulwark

Chief Slee's rubbish though. Might combo with 2.0 bioroids a bit? Eh.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Christ, Top Hat is basically R&D interface+ and a massive gently caress you to jinteki. That poo poo is going right into my Leela deck. On reread, not good actually.

In order:

Runner Side:
En Passant seems decent when doing DDoS runs, may make a small splash in Anarch DDoS combos. Frantic coding is pretty bad, because you're going to be trashing valuable events to save effectively 2 credits. Saker would be better if it was 2 strength, now it costs 6 credits to break eli- not good. But it's still the best in-faction crim fracter. The gauntlet seems like it would be better in a world without desperado, but I'd rather run desperado and HQ interfaces than this card. Even when HQ interface rotates, I'll use Blockade runner is in-faction draw, won't see play for the same reason that Mr. Li doesn't- not click-efficient enough.

Smoke we all know and love. Top hat has serious formatting issues, it initially read like you got to pick versus a random pick of the top 5 cards, on the reread, it's not that great. Blackstone fills out the suite of new stealth breakers. I think clip will still be used, but I think this might still see play.

Government investigation isn't as good as it was 3 months ago with IG49 at the top. Changes psi games to 50/50, but bidding 1 or 0 is usually the right call anyway. Citadel sanctuary is a neutral sunny card, but not really anything that she really needed.

Corp side:
Wetwork refit is alright I guess, maybe on a leaky 2.0 or fairchild 3 to make it exceptionally painful to hit. It's more pay 1 to make the runner pay 1 more on a run of this server. AoT is a better stronger together, but it still doesn't match up at all to EtF. It plays slower and has 3 less influence. Hasty relocation is Heritage comittee, but worse. Likely won't see play. Fumiko is expensive, 4 to trash, blanked by rumour mill, requires her own server + protection, and needs people to play psi-games. Don't think she'll be that good.

Data Ward might see play in CtM, but it's expensive for a barrier that is (unless behind a data raven) just pay 3 credits or EtR, if behind a data raven it's pretty good- 7 credits for paperclip. Note that dataward is the worst to blind-femme. It costs 3 to break versus 5 to femme. Drone screen is just more tag-punishment that can easily be avoided. Won't see play.

Chief Slee runs into the rumour mill problem. Also is really cheap to kill, and so need protecting. Brutal against the early-game ice check, but by the time she actually starts working out will be when you want to score agendas out. Probably will see play in tubs as a way to hurt the runner hard after a tour guide facecheck. Bulwark is expensive to facecheck, but only costs effectively 6 against clippy in the future. Could be really brutal, but more often than not will be more of tempo hit for the corp. Best defense is a really strong way to kill a bunch of 0 costs things for 2. Pre-emptive action is another mediocre j-how replacement. If it ever sees play, it won't be until jackson rotates.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Oct 31, 2016

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

I just took apart my degenerate Reina deck, but En Passant might make me put it back together.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Laughing at Fumiko Yamamori. The Nisei train is now leaving the station, all aboooaaard!

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Anybody else notice Best Defense can take out 0-cost resources even on a runner with no tags?

Also lol that Weyland Barrier is absolute garbo. But then, it is a Weyland card.

Off-Campus Apartment, Street Peddler and SOT are the big ones, but there's also saucy targets like ADAM's 3 starting directives.

Shrecknet fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Oct 31, 2016

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.

The Deleter posted:

Holy poo poo Bulwark

Chief Slee's rubbish though. Might combo with 2.0 bioroids a bit? Eh.

Pretty funny behind Hive or Tour Guide or something, maybe.

berenzen posted:

Christ, Top Hat is basically R&D interface+ and a massive gently caress you to jinteki. That poo poo is going right into my Leela deck

Pretty sure you pick a card to access without revealing any first, so it ain't all that. It's okay if you've got easy R&D access but doesn't seem like that great a lock.

My favourite part of this pack is looking at Data Ward and Bulwark next to each other and trying to work out how they imagined them equivalent.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
En Passant looks like it's going to be miserable to play against. Can you imagine if it had been out there in the heyday of Dumblefork?

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

Anybody else notice Best Defense can take out 0-cost resources even on a runner with no tags?

Also lol that Weyland Barrier is absolute garbo. But then, it is a Weyland card.

Off-Campus Apartment, Street Peddler and SOT are the big ones, but there's also saucy targets like ADAM's 3 starting directives.

It kills Net Ready Eyes for no influence. Yog is going to win worlds and then immediately become unplayable.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Best Defense is probably going to be a 1-of in yellow tag punishment decks, and might be worth it in Weyland kill to snipe plascrete? Maybe? If they run Midseasons?

Top Hat is literally insane at 0 cost and 1 influence.

En Passant is probably meant to combo well with Run Amok but at 2 influence might also get combo'd with Emergency Shutdown in criminal. Make a run on HQ through an ice you don't like, Emergency Shutdown the ice, then En Passant. After all, it's a now-unrezzed piece of ice, and you did pass it during the last run you made this turn.

The Gauntlet is an HQ Interface+ except not really, because it's a Criminal console that's not Desperado and therefore won't see play.

Weyland finally gets anti-AI ice, and true to form it's garbage.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

CirclMastr posted:

Weyland gets (X), and true to form it's garbage.
solve for X

Hint: X = everything

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

CirclMastr posted:

Weyland finally gets anti-AI ice, and true to form it's garbage.

Naturally. Everyone knows that NBN is the Barrier faction.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Saker: It's Less Awful Than Aurora. Gauntlet doesn't look good tho. How does Top Hat stack- its nonunique but seems like it would only fire once?

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

Top hat seems playable in Lela and not much else, honestly.

Edit: top hat replaces access so you can only fire it once. Even if it could fire repeatedly, the 2nd sentence of the ability stops you from getting a 2nd access.

fomo sacer fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Oct 31, 2016

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

solve for X

Hint: X = everything

Why the gently caress does Damien give Weyland poo poo cards and then insist that the players are the problem, is he taking the piss? At least Lukas didn't say stupid poo poo.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Top Hat is clearly meant to combo with Mirror and multiple R&D runs per turn, where Smoke might want it over RDI due to being 0-cost and Jinteki shenanigans.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Some more targets for Best Defense:
Faerie
SMC
Inti
Endless Hunger (if somehow you find yourself playing against Apex)
DLR
Security Testing
Technical Writer
Artist Colony

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Top Hat could, in theory, be used to play the odds a bit better - if you just recently grabbed / missed an agenda off the top of R&D, you can expect the next one to appear a few cards down.

What the gently caress is up with Blockade Runner? Spend a click and a credit to…spend two clicks drawing two cards? I guess there’s the slight benefit of being able to get rid of a card you don’t want at the moment, but that doesn’t really seem worth the setup and two click investment, let alone the deck slot for the card itself.

The Gauntlet seems kind of iffy too. I guess it’s worth running if you don’t want to spend the influence on Desperado??

Also It’s a shame Frantic Coding isn’t shaper, it would be great with Professor :v:

I will say that Chief Slee seems a teensy bit more useful than at first glance, since if a runner hits an ETR then she gets a counter. 5 seems like a bit too many counters though, and with only a 3 cred trash cost she’ll probably never fire.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Even if Chief Slee did fire, 5 meat damage can't guarantee a kill.

Also I just looked at the art again and now I can't unsee her outfit + helmet as being Mega Man cosplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Overall aside from smoke and best defense, intervention seems like a very 'meh' pack.

• Locked thread