Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

elf help book posted:

its really cute tho

yeah but its like $100 here and that a lot of money to have a tiny machine that plays mario and kirbys adventure. it doesnt really have many good multiplayer games on it..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Metroid Prime Federation Force :rediscover:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Evil Eagle posted:

Metroid Prime Federation Force :rediscover:

Lol

Soral
May 30, 2009

sigh...

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/791455799302246400

:worship:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Oh Mr. Frog!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Please tell me how much money I am giving you sooner Nintendo :(

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Glad it wasn't a 1 day warning like normal.

Soral
May 30, 2009

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Lmfao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Monster Hunter XX announced for 3DS. Was kinda hoping for Switch version though but maybe MonHun XXX...

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Monster Hunter BMX

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I started playing Xenoblade Chronicles and it's really good. I played X first and liked it until I hated it, and weirdly XC feels like a sequel in that it fixes my biggest problems in terms of plot, characters, pacing, structure, etc. Feels way more polished too. Also the soundtrack is awesome. This is gonna be a good fall I think.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Tender Bender posted:

I started playing Xenoblade Chronicles and it's really good. I played X first and liked it until I hated it, and weirdly XC feels like a sequel in that it fixes my biggest problems in terms of plot, characters, pacing, structure, etc. Feels way more polished too. Also the soundtrack is awesome. This is gonna be a good fall I think.

lol yeah. its bizarre how badly they fumbled everything about X, especially when it was delayed over and over

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

lol yeah. its bizarre how badly they fumbled everything about X, especially when it was delayed over and over

Your imp zone thread is funny because everyone is super wide eyed and excited and the endless possibilities and intricate systems and then we all gradually reached a point where everything collapses in on itself. It was a different place for each poster but I think no one ended up happy with the game.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah it was cool how everyone thought i was just whining cause i was playing an unhealthy amount and reached the Really Bad Part earlier than others, and then everyone else also stopped lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

having to manually find party members in the gigantic maze town everytime you wanted to recruit them in 2016 ftw

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I got tired of XCX but didn't hate it myself. I do agree that there were a lot of good concepts that were implemented badly.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I guess its biggest flaw is that it tries to overextend itself thin, with two dozen playable characters which minimum characterization, customization that while widespread, is far too modular and makes it hard to be unique and so many sidequests that had a lot of cool potential but fell kinda short. (I found a lot of the subplots betrer than the main one though)

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im gonna stop engaging in X talk..if you'd like to read a book's worth of complaints you can just search for the thread. i am past that dark chapter in my life now

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its tragic cause the exploration is really loving good and you just want to live on this beautiful alien world but it doesn't have a story or good mechanics as a backbone to hold it up. i would be very excited for a sequel on the switch that tries to fix all that poo poo, though.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

In addition to the plot and writing just being rear end, the biggest flaws were

1) Pacing, 50 hours in I had seen what I think is the antagonist twice, in two five minute cutscenes, which were separated by about a dozen hours of "go gently caress around to unlock the next chapter!" I never interacted with this person and I don't really know who they are.

2) A really rewarding and intricate combat system, that gets completely thrown out the window dozens of hours in.

3) General sloppiness and mind boggling decisions that make the game really clunky to play. There are times you stumble across a quest marker, which begins a side quest for a character. Except to start the quest you have to remove the character from your party, then go back to the quest marker, so that the quest can immediately begin with that same character approaching you and joining your party. This doesn't sound so bad at first but pretty much every event in this game has some kind of inconvenient dumb decision comparable to this example.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

But to my original point XC Wii is a delight so far. The characters have strong personality and well designed archetypes, the plot kicks off quickly, and the music even in the first town and little surrounding area is awesome.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

is the 3ds make good? i tried emulating the wii version and kept running into issues lol and i've always wanted to play it, some ppl have even hailed it as one of the best jrpgs ever

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

is the 3ds make good? i tried emulating the wii version and kept running into issues lol and i've always wanted to play it, some ppl have even hailed it as one of the best jrpgs ever

It's a good port and it's an excellent game with an excellent cast and an excellent dub

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

I tried because I really wanted a portable version but I couldn't get past how downscaled and grainy it looks. It does seem to run fine though. The Wii version is on the US eshop finally for $20 so unless you don't have your U anymore I'd go with that.

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Oct 27, 2016

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Bobnumerotres posted:

The 3DS version pwns. I wish I finished that game. I got like, 50 hours deep or something crazy and just stopped playing one day and lost interest. C'est la vie

Soral
May 30, 2009

i played it to completion on 3ds and if you can tolerate the assy textures, it's a fine way to play the game. it ran just fine

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
nintendo

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
nintendo should make their own version of summer lesson with skyward sword princess zelda for ninetndo vr which is just thhe nx taped to a pair of glasses like the Google Cardboard TM

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Soral
May 30, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

*Clack*

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU