Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
wait arent male plants worthless ?

cannabis is very anti patriarchy estab

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

thathonkey posted:

if you're breeding for seeds you need males. otherwise they are completely undesirable and get lobbed off the cliff as soon as you can tell its a dude

but weed is a somewhat nervous plant, if a female plant thinks it's about to die (stress/heat/whatever), it may freak the gently caress out and grow dicks and bukkake itself to make seeds in a valiant effort to preserve its species.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

if you're breeding for seeds you need males. otherwise they are completely undesirable and get lobbed off the cliff as soon as you can tell its a dude

but weed is a somewhat nervous plant, if a female plant thinks it's about to die (stress/heat/whatever), it may freak the gently caress out and grow dicks and bukkake itself to make seeds in a valiant effort to preserve its species.

same thing happens to me all the time i think ive become one with weed

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Things definitely take a turn for the weird when we start to anthropomorphize what we do to plants. Sinsemilia is like tying up a randy lady and being a feeder and making them horny for babies...

I'm just gonna stop now

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I wish I was weed.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

reallivedinosaur posted:

you make a female plant grow a male flower, there are plenty of ways they all involve stressing it somehow

colloidal silver does what it always does - is hippy snake oil they can never really explain what it do

I'm not just talking about getting seeds from a female plant without a separate male, I'm talking about a plant making seeds that are guaranteed to grow to be female plants.

Mozi fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Oct 27, 2016

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Mozi posted:

I'm not just talking about getting seeds from a female plant without a separate male, I'm talking about a plant making seeds that are guaranteed to grow to be female plants.

forcing a female plant to produce "male" flowers will produce "female" pollen. this is how you make feminized seeds. this isn't unique to cannabis.

colloidal silver is just hippy wonk. a plant will go herm due to stress.

Jonny 290 posted:

p much this. environment is the most important thing. LED lights are a godsend to closet growers. Shoving a 400 watt HID into a bedroom closet with no real ventilation is going to give you problems.

I've been lucky I never had a problem yet.

thathonkey posted:

you can smoke male plants or make hash or edibles from them. if your outdoors growing big fields like they do in the middle east you can't really control what the wind is blowing around. this is why they invented hash.

if you're growing to make money then you dont care about anything but bud, it's all just a liability for poo poo you cant sell. but if its just for you if you only plant one seed and it turns out male might as well keep it, better than nothing.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
hm. i thought that seeds resulting from a plant going hermie would have hermie characteristics? but a lot of places are selling feminized seeds these days and i haven't heard of any epidemic of hermie plants as a result

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Mozi posted:

hm. i thought that seeds resulting from a plant going hermie would have hermie characteristics? but a lot of places are selling feminized seeds these days and i haven't heard of any epidemic of hermie plants as a result

plants go hermie as a response to environmental stress, my theory is that the bag seeds i've used have been bred to be hardy high-yielding indoor strains, and resist stress well because they come from stock selected to do that.

imagine you told a girl to go gently caress herself, and she grew a dick and did just that. and got herself pregnant. chances are pretty good she is going to have a daughter because its all "female" DNA in both the egg and sperm.

i've never heard the phrase "colloidal silver" used in a way that isn't new-age hippie magic and nobody can explain what it does, other than just another way to stress the plant out?

we need a botanist to sort this out i could be wrong about all of it, there's a lot of overlap between cartwheeling hippy stoners and "weed facts" so hard to sort it out esp if you are high.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
weed fact: get that stickyickyickyicky

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

a bone to pick posted:

I wish I was weed.

I'm a weed golem

E: not a hermaphrodite tho

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
all weeds are hermaphrodites i think its like jurassic park

weed finds a way

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
i got nanners like chiquita girl
dumpin pollen on my pistils
gave late harvesting a whirl
give you seeds instead of crystals

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
It sounds like those plants need to smoke a number and chill out to avoid the stresses of the everyday plant lifestyle, maybe unwind a little.

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

Kelp Me! posted:

I used to use a shot glass and a fat sharpie to grind up Adderall to hoover up

We used to use a spoon to crush up Ritalin for the same reasons.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I should clarify, regular Adderall you can just crush under a bill like it's a rock of cocaine or whatnot, but extended release Adderall comes in gelcaps that have a ton of little tiny balls in them. You have to open the capsule, dump the balls out and crush those into a powder to make it instant-release. It's a pain in the rear end and I saw a few of my friends try to crush them and just send little tiny balls flying everywhere in the room:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
i know just the drug to give them the focus needed to spend hours finding every single tiny ball

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

finally back home after a month and a half overseas to find my freezer still full of weed just like i left it!

rolling up a fat j of qrazy train. also going to listen to crazy train while i smoke it \m/

Illavick
Sep 15, 2012

WHENA MINA RENA VATIVE
You're welcome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaR9KTknePE

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Kelp Me! posted:

I should clarify, regular Adderall you can just crush under a bill like it's a rock of cocaine or whatnot, but extended release Adderall comes in gelcaps that have a ton of little tiny balls in them. You have to open the capsule, dump the balls out and crush those into a powder to make it instant-release. It's a pain in the rear end and I saw a few of my friends try to crush them and just send little tiny balls flying everywhere in the room:

No look there's an easy way

Dump them on a plate (the lip will keep things on the plate) and crush the pellets in small piles under a quarter with your thumb (the quarter also has a rim that will keep them from flying out). You can easily powderize the whole cap in a few seconds without any hyjinx, just press and twist the quarter and watch in amazement as all that remains is a pile of powder

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

poverty goat posted:

No look there's an easy way

Dump them on a plate (the lip will keep things on the plate) and crush the pellets in small piles under a quarter with your thumb (the quarter also has a rim that will keep them from flying out). You can easily powderize the whole cap in a few seconds without any hyjinx, just press and twist the quarter and watch in amazement as all that remains is a pile of powder

I'll be sure to let Me From 8 Years Ago know :v:

nowadays if I blew an Adderall I'd probably keel over of an exploded heart

lost my retainer
Oct 28, 2002

Blow me
A few weeks ago I moved to a new city for work and had no connections so far.

Yesterday my neighbor invited me for a drink to break the ice and we instantly hit it off ... turns out that :
- He loves weed as much as I do and has plenty of quality hookups in town.
- He's the landlord's son and told me that I can blaze indoor 24/7 if I want to and no one will care (I was being super cautious).

I think I'm gonna like it here :shobon:

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Kelp Me! posted:

I'll be sure to let Me From 8 Years Ago know :v:

nowadays if I blew an Adderall I'd probably keel over of an exploded heart

yeah I'd done 99.9% of my lifetime adderall before I learned the secret

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
hey this isnt tcc my friends let's stay on the topic as laid out in the op and thread title (the weed thread)

if you feel so compelled you ought to make a separate thread about the best technique for crushing adderall extended release beads for the express purpose of abusing the pretty crap stimulant chemicals contained within .. seriously :justpost: that sumbitch snd see where it goes !! it's the gbs way :downs:

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
I ordered a piece from China, I eagerly await it's arrival in 7-23 days

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

thathonkey posted:

hey this isnt tcc my friends let's stay on the topic as laid out in the op and thread title (the weed thread)

if you feel so compelled you ought to make a separate thread about the best technique for crushing adderall extended release beads for the express purpose of abusing the pretty crap stimulant chemicals contained within .. seriously :justpost: that sumbitch snd see where it goes !! it's the gbs way :downs:

You know for the OP of the weed thread you're surprisingly unchill :mad:

j/k, it was a minor derail and I think it ended at both of us agreeing "yes Adderall was certainly a drug I'll never do again"

Who has stories of weed altruism? When we left Montreal, I left about 2 g's and a small but cute bowl in the hollow of a tree at the George-Étienne Cartier Monument in Mount Royal Park, and when I left Denver a couple weeks ago I left 2 joints and a vape pen loaded to the brim with oil. 1 j went inside the bible in my hotel room, 1 was left on one of the couches in the smoking area at the hotel across the street from mine (it's well-known as one of the only hotels in the city that tolerates it on-site), and the pen I left on one of the outdoor tables of a bar I particularly enjoyed (Rock Bottom Brewery).

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
one time i was in Hollywood smoking a bowl with my friend and a dude that looked about our age walked by wearing a shirt that had a big weed leaf on it and idk he just generally looked like he smoked you know?

i rolled down my window and said 'hey bro wanna hit this bowl' and he just looked at me super weird and edged away after saying 'no...' and walked off

loving narc

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
Maybe he just watched Training Day or Friday and remembers Smokey all bugging out after some Bros were all, "heyyyyy come hit this"

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Oh yeah, another one: a couple months ago I met up with an old friend in NYC. At one point after smoking a few bowls, we went into a good brewpub and had a couple of fancy beers. While we're sitting there, this skinny white kid comes up, sits down next to us, and launches into a story about how he's been blowing fat lines of coke all night, and he just ran out, and he's tweaking a bit and just looking to find a bit of bud. Being warm-fuzzy drunk/stoned and having a good quarter on me, I ended up giving the guy a little nug and wishing him a good night. He thanked me profusely, got up and I lost track of him in the busy bar. A few minutes later I went to get us another round and the bartender told me someone had paid us up for a round of the fanciest, priciest beer on tap.

What a nice cokehead :gerty:

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
a good video game to play on marihuana is jet set radio

as true now as it was when it came out

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Moridin920 posted:

one time i was in Hollywood smoking a bowl with my friend and a dude that looked about our age walked by wearing a shirt that had a big weed leaf on it and idk he just generally looked like he smoked you know?

i rolled down my window and said 'hey bro wanna hit this bowl' and he just looked at me super weird and edged away after saying 'no...' and walked off

loving narc

i bet that guy is posting in a more serious thread about the time he almost got raped

americong
May 29, 2013

i started watching stranger things from ep 8 and thought it was just really tense

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
You shoukd see episode 7 then, it'll blow yo mind

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST
guys I put one in the air

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST
the ay-er

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

Hardawn posted:

I ordered a piece from China, I eagerly await it's arrival in 7-23 days

Not trying to rain on your parade but you should be very weary of Chinese glass. Many cheap pipes are cast and then have the holes drilled, which weeps tiny glass fragments from where the drill punctured the glass. A head shop local to me has a big display exhibit when you first walk in with samples cautioning of this, but here is a link explaining what I'm talking about : link

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
Yeah I've read about that, just a roll of the dice (not with my health), just with a cheap product. We'll see, and I'll probably just pony up for something nice.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Don't buy cheap Chinese grinders either, the loving fake metal chips off while grinding and gets in your weed, and there are metal shavings left inside of it.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
Such a sad world when accoutrement can kill a mon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
Bothers me so much I have to do weed to calm myself