Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Yvonmukluk posted:

I, Yvonmukluk, being of sound mind, do Oath that I will paint these 10 River Horse 28mm Terminator Endoskeletons.

OATH COMPLETE!

I'd like to also claim the Theme Challenge. Terminators count as 'scary monsters', right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Oath addition again!
4 Ram Clan Warriors.
From Blood Rage by CMoN.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel, being of no more sound mind than usual, oath 8 dwarf riflemene, by Avatars of War

Starting off small this month - have a repeat of last month's on the stack for later.

Oath Addition!

Four Throwing Mastiffs, Two Ironbelcher Cannons/Volley Guns, a Flamebelcher and a random Dwarf gunner, all by Mantic (28mm)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Been away for a few days, time to get back on top of this!

Indolent Bastard posted:

I, Indolent Bastard, hereby oath to paint the following:

4 x Spiders, 1 x Chthon all from Reaper Miniatures

SRM posted:

I, SRM, oath this statue I made of an old Space Marine Captain:

Needless to say this will be an it's a rescue! attempt.

Red Shoe posted:

Additional oath! 4 morlocks and 1 morat hacker.
All Corvus Belli

chutche2 posted:

I, chutche2, oath Lord Kozlov and Beast Master Xekaar, Warmachine/Hordes 28mm.

Nichol posted:

I Nichol, oath this gw devilfish.

That is all.

Electric Hobo posted:

Oath addition again!
4 Ram Clan Warriors.
From Blood Rage by CMoN.

LazyAngel posted:

Oath Addition!

Four Throwing Mastiffs, Two Ironbelcher Cannons/Volley Guns, a Flamebelcher and a random Dwarf gunner, all by Mantic (28mm)

All approved!

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
My Dropfleet pledge still hasn't showed :(

Oh well.

Oathing 3 Ravagers by Hawk Wargames (Dropzone Commander, 10mm, resin).

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Breaker about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
The first set of cultists is looking pretty fine. However the thing with cultists is that I need more cultists.

Oath Addition. 12 Genestealer Cult Acolytes (GW, 28mm)

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
I, Chance II, Oath 1 Wizard(?) in 28mm from Games Workshop for the month of October!

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
I, Chance II, declare this Oath complete!

Claiming Technical Challenge for the extreme lighting. It's a spooky necromancer!

Chance II fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Oct 22, 2016

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Oath complete!

I am claiming both Speed Painting and the Journal Technical Challenge for painting a model that's black (both literally and figuratively). Oh, I'm sorry, were you expecting a white Black Templar? What, a brother can't fight heresy too, cracker?

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Leaving it a bit late this month...

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for October 2016:
1 Ogre, 1 Flesh Golem, 1 Bat Monster and 1 Vampire by Heresy, 28mm
4 Golems and 1 Ghoul by Reaper, 28mm

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

wdarkk posted:

My Dropfleet pledge still hasn't showed :(

Oh well.

Oathing 3 Ravagers by Hawk Wargames (Dropzone Commander, 10mm, resin).

Arson Fire posted:

The first set of cultists is looking pretty fine. However the thing with cultists is that I need more cultists.

Oath Addition. 12 Genestealer Cult Acolytes (GW, 28mm)

Chance II posted:

I, Chance II, Oath 1 Wizard(?) in 28mm from Games Workshop for the month of October!

Ilor posted:

Oath complete!

I am claiming both Speed Painting and the Journal Technical Challenge for painting a model that's black (both literally and figuratively). Oh, I'm sorry, were you expecting a white Black Templar? What, a brother can't fight heresy too, cracker?

Zark the Damned posted:

Leaving it a bit late this month...

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for October 2016:
1 Ogre, 1 Flesh Golem, 1 Bat Monster and 1 Vampire by Heresy, 28mm
4 Golems and 1 Ghoul by Reaper, 28mm

Approved!

head58
Apr 1, 2013

OATH ADDITION
Here's a giant loving snake, Skarath from Warmahordes, 50mm, that I'm adding in for the theme challenge because what's scarier than a giant loving snake.

head58 posted:

I, head58, oath these two Guild Ball dudes, named Ratchet and Pin Vise (30mm, Steamforged Games).

The bases were pre-painted but the figures are only primed. If that's an issue I'll rebase them.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I'd like to make an addition to my oath!

OATH ADDITION
I, Yvonmukluk, additionally oath two Flames of War 15mm Comet tanks.

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Oct 23, 2016

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Quick and dirty pic, but Oath complete!

head58
Apr 1, 2013

OATH COMPLETE!

Here's the giant loving snake, for which I'm claiming the October Theme Challenge and Speed Painting

And my regular oathed stuff

head58 posted:

OATH ADDITION
Here's a giant loving snake, Skarath from Warmahordes, 50mm, that I'm adding in for the theme challenge because what's scarier than a giant loving snake.

head58 posted:

I, head58, oath these two Guild Ball dudes, named Ratchet and Pin Vise (30mm, Steamforged Games).

The bases were pre-painted but the figures are only primed. If that's an issue I'll rebase them.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Flipswitch posted:

Quick and dirty pic, but Oath complete!

It's beautiful. Layering?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I drybrushed up to my mid-tone then took over after that for some of the greys and light greys. That's a really poor photo too. I'll take a proper one and post it in the DZ/DF thread once I fix my actual camera. But thanks buddy. :)

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Additional oath!
Lich Lord Terminus and a High Councilor
Privateer Press and Corvus Belli, respectively.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Indolent Bastard posted:

I, Indolent Bastard, hereby oath to paint the following:

4 x Spiders, 1 x Chthon all from Reaper Miniatures

Oath addition:

1 x Spider from a vending machine, 2 x Ankheg from Reaper, 1 x Odin from Cool Mini or Not

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Oath complete!

I did the theme challenge with the mummy, and I rolled a 6! with the three tokens.

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog

I Nichol addition this tau-ish marker for the month of October.

e: fixed

Nichol fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Oct 27, 2016

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog

Nichol posted:

Nichol posted:

I Nichol, oath this gw devilfish.

That is all.

Nichol posted:

Oath complete. See you next month.

Oath addition Complete!:

I think I shall claim I rolled a 6! and the spotlight jurnal for this little guy. He looks a bit like he was snowed on, but if you squint a little like a spotlight is shining straight down on it, maybe.

ee: added original oath. I dunno sorry if it's overquoting.

Nichol fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Oct 27, 2016

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Complete!

Claiming the Journal for the last model being mostly in black.

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
Oath Complete!

TheFinalTuba posted:

I, TheFinalTuba, do solemnly Oath to paint these 5 models in October:

From Wyrd Games, 1 Miss Ery and 1 Flesh Construct with Victim
From Steamforged Games, 1 Compound
And from Corvus Belli, 2 Dog Warriors

It's Monster Season, so why not paint things like literal werewolves, Frankenstein's monster, and nightmare fuel!

Here they are!

The whole gang

The Dog Warriors, which essentially function in the game as werewolves.

"Somewhere in the distance, someone was screaming. Screaming was part of it, always had been. Somewhere in his mind, he remembered fear. Not what it felt like, of course, simply that it existed. No, the doctor made sure all feeling was gone before he set his creations loose. Screaming often meant fear though. This he knew. But still, the doctor's work needed to be done, and for that he would need a specimen. And once the doctor had him, the screaming would stop. The fear would stop. All would stop. Except the doctor's orders. Yes, in the distance, someone was screaming. But not for long..."

In addition to completion, also claiming Jurnal for all the big scary monsters painted this month. It also totally doesn't matter, but afterwards I realized the one werewolf was also mostly black! Weeeee.
Also claiming Backstory for the Flesh Construct's harrowing tale :)

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Having conquered Inktober this year, I, grassy gnoll, oath these four Uberfallcommando (28mm by Corvus Belli) for October.

We'll find out shortly how bad an idea this was!

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Oath complete! I am claiming theme challenge for the black clothes of the guild ball union members, its a rescue for Dragonbait and box art for Alias and Dragonbait.

nesbit37 posted:

i, nesbit37, oath for October, 3 union members for guild ball, and Dragonbait and Alias of Westgate by Ral Partha. Dragonbait is painted because I am using him for the rescue challenge.

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

My second batch of cultists are all ready, but I've still got a few days left. No band of cultists is complete without a sinister leader to guide them, so lets do this one more time.
Oath Addition! One Genestealer Cult Magus (GW, 28mm)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

head58 posted:

OATH ADDITION

Yvonmukluk posted:

OATH ADDITION

Red Shoe posted:

Additional oath!
Lich Lord Terminus and a High Councilor
Privateer Press and Corvus Belli, respectively.

Indolent Bastard posted:

Oath addition:

1 x Spider from a vending machine, 2 x Ankheg from Reaper, 1 x Odin from Cool Mini or Not

Nichol posted:

grassy gnoll posted:

Having conquered Inktober this year, I, grassy gnoll, oath these four Uberfallcommando (28mm by Corvus Belli) for October.

We'll find out shortly how bad an idea this was!

I'll let you off this time 'cause I can tell the map's in the right area, but in the future please ensure that you include the American Samoa title in your timestamp.

Arson Fire posted:

My second batch of cultists are all ready, but I've still got a few days left. No band of cultists is complete without a sinister leader to guide them, so lets do this one more time.
Oath Addition! One Genestealer Cult Magus (GW, 28mm)

All approved!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Also, Oath Complete!

Reaper Bones Stone Golem

Reaper Bones Iron Golem

Reaper Bones Flesh Golem, Ghoul, Clay Golem

Heresy Beasties

Heresy Vampire

Claiming Jurnal for the selection of monsters.

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Complete!

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

nesbit37 posted:

Oath complete! I am claiming theme challenge for the black clothes of the guild ball union members, its a rescue for Dragonbait and box art for Alias and Dragonbait.

Dude what book is that? I have hazy memories of it from my school days... 25 years ago. I recall the revealing chain mail shirt was something she woke up with after a spell or something. (even as a hormone driven teenager the dichotomy of revealing armour pissed me off).

Nice models btw. The GC Cult ones above are really good too.

I am so old.

ZtD your monsters are great too. I was thinking yourfrankensteins skirt was the same colour as his skin but he is a stone golem. So it is all stone. Homogeneity confirmed I suppose.

JackMack fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Oct 29, 2016

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

JackMack posted:

Dude what book is that? I have hazy memories of it from my school days... 25 years ago. I recall the revealing chain mail shirt was something she woke up with after a spell or something. (even as a hormone driven teenager the dichotomy of revealing armour pissed me off).

Nice models btw. The GC Cult ones above are really good too.

I am so old.

ZtD your monsters are great too. I was thinking yourfrankensteins skirt was the same colour as his skin but he is a stone golem. So it is all stone. Homogeneity confirmed I suppose.

Straight from 1988, the book is Azure Bonds. Yeah, the armor is ridiculous and they even say in the book that it has special enchantments so it protects more than it looks like it protects :rolleye:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
:effort:

Oath complete

So yeah I was phenomenally uninspired here, went through several variations on possible schemes, ended up with this mess because it turns out I don't actually have a green wash, so all my brush strokes are super obvious and THIN UR PAINTZ and arg gently caress.

No jurnal. E: unless the OSL counts?

I'm pretty pleased with the OSL on the reactor bit, less so on the engines. It'll look fine at tabletop height though.

I am pleased with how the magnetised turret and Unhinged Astromech came out though.

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Oct 30, 2016

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Oath Complete

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Arson Fire posted:

Oath Complete!

I like these, if GW has done one thing in the last couple of years to make me even consider giving them money, it is bringing back Hybrids! You will have a nice looking army here I reckon.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel, being of no more sound mind than usual, oath 8 dwarf riflemene, by Avatars of War

Starting off small this month - have a repeat of last month's on the stack for later.

LazyAngel posted:

Oath Addition!

:siren:Oath Complete:siren:

And now my rifledwarves make up a full regiment;

Claiming I rolled a 6! for the doggies, as they're used as tokens in game.

LazyAngel fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Oct 31, 2016

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Oath Complete!

I ended up spending most of my hobby time going back to weather and detail terrain while awaiting my Dropfleet stuffs, so it's a simple one for me.

Claiming technical challenge for Black Flash. Because he is mostly black. Had a bit of trouble getting the front shot to focus, hopefully this gets it across.

Vermintide
Oct 26, 2013

OATH COMPLETE!

Ogres:

Grim Reaper Rat:

Torch Rat (In various lighting set ups):

Claiming Technical Challenge with the Torch rat's focused OSL!
Claiming Theme Challenge for the scary monster Rat ogres!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Oath Complete.

The NVA Battalion HQ

The support weapons company. (I hate the AA guns, they were a bitch to assemble.)

On the other hand, I love the bunkers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Ugleb posted:

Oath Complete!

I ended up spending most of my hobby time going back to weather and detail terrain while awaiting my Dropfleet stuffs, so it's a simple one for me.

Claiming technical challenge for Black Flash. Because he is mostly black. Had a bit of trouble getting the front shot to focus, hopefully this gets it across.

I think you could probably claim the theme challenge, too - the Black Flash is literally Death, isn't he? That seems appropriately spooky!

Yvonmukluk posted:

OATH ADDITION

OATH ADDITION COMPLETE!

• Locked thread