Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

corn in the bible posted:

we're just gonna have to disagree on this one, friendo

train on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

It's so crazy how I even saw the leaks and was so against the fire starter the whole time, since the game's announcement

but then DARKEST LARIAT

Benach
Aug 15, 2013
Please don't assume what has been revealed and what is now considered "Not a spoiler anymore". Got spoiler'd earlier today because somebody said spoilers that (i'm assuming) they assumed was shown in the trailers/website when that info that wasn't actually shown in any capacity. I stopped reading this thread a while ago to try to avoid spoilers.

also,

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

spoilers: spoiler free culture is dead

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

cute

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Benach posted:

Please don't assume what has been revealed and what is now considered "Not a spoiler anymore". Got spoiler'd earlier today because somebody said spoilers that (i'm assuming) they assumed was shown in the trailers/website when that info that wasn't actually shown in any capacity. I stopped reading this thread a while ago to try to avoid spoilers.

So why read it again? I understand we're awesome to talk to and all but if you want to avoid spoilers about a game, maybe don't read a thread about the game.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Benach posted:

also,

That is adorable.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The trainer is rewarding its bad behavior. Disgusting.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I'm gonna guess you'll get the cover legendaries pre evos and everyone will be oh isn't it cute but who knows what it is, and it is so weak then when the opposite legendary starts wrecking poo poo for plot reasons yours will evolve to wreck poo poo back

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Countblanc posted:

The trainer is rewarding its bad behavior. Disgusting.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

if we get a manga style mid-battle evo of the legendary baby into the super cool lion........ yes....

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice

oddium posted:

if we get a manga style mid-battle evo of the legendary baby into the super cool lion........ yes....

Solgaleo is still weak to Ghost though, should have been Steel/Fire

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Mr. Funktastic posted:

Solgaleo is still weak to Ghost though, should have been Steel/Fire

Obviously the hidden effect to Solgaleo's ability will restore steel's ghost and dark resistance.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Benach posted:

also,

Several people have been openly talking about things that have been data mined from the demo in this thread. It's just probably best not to read the thread until release.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
The final evolution video is great. They really are banking on the gen 1 nostalgia in this game, what with bringing back Red and Blue. I'm expecting a trip to Kanto/Johto after you beat the championship at this point. That, or the DPP remake would have it.

Also, if there are no Voltron moment with the island guardians, I'd be highly disappointed.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Yeah sorry if you've been spoiled, but I'm not gonna force people to not talk about the datamine in the thread. I've been keeping that stuff out of the OP though, which is always up to date with the latest info!

Trailer was fuckin' sweet, game's gonna own. There's so much stuff they've packed into this game, it's fantastic.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
what are they going to call the gen 4 remakes. the world wonders

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

It's Crazy Diamond/Pearl Jam

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

can't wait for CLEAR DIAMOND and LUSTROUS PEARL

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Alright so Decidueye is Fumikage Tokoyami and Incineroar is Endeavor, though I'm not sure which MHA character would fit for Primarina

I Cannot Stop Sparkling

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Pearl Jam is what they're gonna call the next paper mario

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
Speaking of which, was it datamined that they were pre evos or was it just inferred? I thought it was just the sprites that were leaked and I'm somewhat hoping that they're not pre evos but ehh, not a deal breaker either way I guess.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Hard to say. Fire Red and Leaf Green would indicate Temporal Diamond and Spatial Pearl, but ONLY the first two followed the element thing for remakes. Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire even introduce primal reversion to make it fit, so it's hard to really say.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Boomstick Quaid posted:

really gunning for the grandpa market

e: they're Endless Diamond and Radiant Pearl by the way

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
How do you know that Incineroar is a great heel?

He's always got plenty of heat :downsrim:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Unbreakable Diamond and Star Platinum

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

The Lord of Hats posted:

How do you know that Incineroar is a great heel?

He's always got plenty of heat :downsrim:

Please leave and never come back

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

normie diamond / trash pearl

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

PSWII60 posted:

Speaking of which, was it datamined that they were pre evos or was it just inferred? I thought it was just the sprites that were leaked and I'm somewhat hoping that they're not pre evos but ehh, not a deal breaker either way I guess.

Inferred based on the sprite entries.

Someone at Smogon did the math on the Confusion nerf. The short version is that staying in instead of switching out is a viable option now, Swagplay got a massive nerf, and Outrage and the like got a pretty big buff.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Digimon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Dusk Diamond and Dawn Pearl.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Pearl Diamond and Diamond Pearl

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Can't wait to play Pokemon Z. Very excited to see that green dog!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Countblanc posted:

Pearl Diamond and Diamond Pearl

um that's obvs the name scheme for the tao inspired gen v remakes

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
Decidueye is so much better than I could have imagined.

E:

quote:

So maybe someone posted this, but final Owl evo is based on a Stilt-Owl. They came from Hawaii and are now extinct, thus the Ghost typing.
Oh my gooooood

Xander B Coolridge fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Oct 27, 2016

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

So maybe someone posted this, but final Owl evo is based on a Stilt-Owl. They came from Hawaii and are now extinct, thus the Ghost typing.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Can't wait to see what Zinnia was all about, very hype for this new pokemon game

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

diamond 2 and pearl 2

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
Infinite Diamond and Null Pearl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004