Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Ugh, first game is filled with lvl 25+ guys that keep calling everyone "friend of the family" and "fag". Back to Battlefield!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Popelmon posted:

Ugh, first game is filled with lvl 25+ guys that keep calling everyone "friend of the family" and "fag". Back to Battlefield!

Ugh. :/ Anonymous online gaming will always be filled with garbage people.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

I already never want to play Bounty Hunt again. Hope people start queuing for other modes soon.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
They said they were going to do that all along. After they made the DLC free to everyone for tf1 they said they would follow that model for the sequel.

Glad they stuck with it, it's clearly the best idea for an MP game.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Popelmon posted:

Lol at the thought of going to battlefield to get away from people shouting slurs 24/7

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Antoine Silvere posted:

Lol at the thought of going to battlefield to get away from people shouting slurs 24/7

Haha no doubt :)

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

ninjahedgehog posted:

Yeah I have absolutely no problem with microtransactions as long as they're purely cosmetic and you actually buy the thing you want instead of just more random chances to get it (looking at you, Mass Effect 3). I may even throw down a few bucks myself for a fancier Spectre scarf.

I don't mind microtransactions as long as they don't go the Gears of War 4 route and put everything being an RNG-paywall. Seriously, I'll buy cosmetic poo poo just to play dress-up if I know I'm actually buying the said thing I want and not a "box" that rolls several possible items.

Antoine Silvere posted:

Actually there haven't been many people in BF1 being total shitheels; more often than not my games are filled with generally helpful people. It's really god drat strange.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

s.i.r.e. posted:

Actually there haven't been many people in BF1 being total shitheels; more often than not my games are filled with generally helpful people. It's really god drat strange.

Someone called my friend a "friend of the family tank" for going 43/2 in a light tank so I guess ymmv lol

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Antoine Silvere posted:

Someone called my friend a "friend of the family tank" for going 43/2 in a light tank so I guess ymmv lol

And he's Asian, jeez people get it right!

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Yo green man! .......where my code at.

I just started playin Dark Souls 3 but I'm getting crashes there from the new Nvidia driver, which is the one I'll need for TF2. Goddamnit.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

oh thank loving god. Now I have to purchase

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.
SP was good, lots of places to use movement and tools rather than weapons to kill and the whole layout looks like they had fun making it. Really wish it was longer. Been a long time since I played MP in Titanfall 1, but in 2 it's fantastic. Movement is great, the grappling hook is an amazingly fun tool to use and over all was pretty drat solid. Glad I decided to get this instead of sitting on the fence because of 1. Release tomorrow will release the MP flood gates so matches don't turn into a 20 minute wait to pick up enough people to launch.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Just to be sure since I saw the thing saying "pre order and play 3 days early". This game actually comes out tomorrow right? Was planning on grabbing it on disc after work tomorrow .

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Anyone see if there's a menu for stats? Looks like they didn't include anything this time around? TF1 had all kind of stats. :shrug:

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Just to be sure since I saw the thing saying "pre order and play 3 days early". This game actually comes out tomorrow right? Was planning on grabbing it on disc after work tomorrow .

You might be thinking of BF1 (pre-order to get early access), anyone playing Titanfall 2 early used a VPN. Otherwise, TF2 unlocks tonight (9 PM PST :dance:)

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

veni veni veni posted:

That refers to a map they're going to release in the future, not the game itself. If you pre-order, then you'll get to play on the map 3 days before it releases for everyone else.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

veni veni veni posted:

The preorder thing only applies to playing the angel city map 3 days early, which releases in December. The game comes out at 12am EST tonight for PC but you can VPN to unlock it now. For consoles I believe it's tomorrow

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Oh yeah for anyone else who ordered from GMG there's no keys till the 28th so that might be midnight or any time tomorrow. Sure is nice not being able to preload :dance:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Oh yeah for anyone else who ordered from GMG there's no keys till the 28th so that might be midnight or any time tomorrow. Sure is nice not being able to preload :dance:

Nice of them to say the keys were coming "soon" this morning.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So you have to remain under the VPN to keep playing? I launched the game "from" Singapore and it ran fine, but I turned of the VPN and my game is locked away again.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Don't buy from grey market key sites if you want to play a game immediately on release.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Knifegrab posted:

Don't buy from grey market key sites if you want to play a game immediately on release.

CDkeys is a grey market key site and they gave them out right away.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Mill Village posted:

CDkeys is a grey market key site and they gave them out right away.

I'm not saying its always going to be the case, but this happens all the time with grey market key sites. I mean go for it, its probably cheaper, but a lot they fail to deliver keys on time.

My rule of thumb is to buy through normal means if I want it right at launch but after launch I'll grey it up.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Knifegrab posted:

GMG isn't grey market. They're just getting screwed over by EA.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

s.i.r.e. posted:

So you have to remain under the VPN to keep playing? I launched the game "from" Singapore and it ran fine, but I turned of the VPN and my game is locked away again.

Hmm weird, I played a round with the VPN to korea active, but it disconnected itself and i could still get back into multiplayer without reconnecting. Did you try keeping the game open when you disconnected the VPN?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

I've always found GMG to be the most reliable in terms of early cd keys and the cheapest but lately they've just been total garbage on both those fronts.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Ein Sexmonster posted:

GMG isn't grey market. They're just getting screwed over by EA.

Oh whoops I am thinking of G2A, sorry! :downs:

I'd still say though just buy through the actual distribution platform if you want something by release. Especially if you want to preload.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Wazzit posted:

Anyone see if there's a menu for stats? Looks like they didn't include anything this time around? TF1 had all kind of stats. :shrug:

Stats page will come in a later update, and Respawn has said they're already tracking everything for when that comes.

s.i.r.e. posted:

I don't mind microtransactions as long as they don't go the Gears of War 4 route and put everything being an RNG-paywall. Seriously, I'll buy cosmetic poo poo just to play dress-up if I know I'm actually buying the said thing I want and not a "box" that rolls several possible items.

While the Advocate Gifts are "loot box" style rewards, I've seen a dev say that they will never be purchasable with real money. And I've noticed that the camos and such that come from Advocate Gifts can be unlocked with merits so you don't have to wait for random chance to get the one you really want. EDIT: Looks like some AG camos can be bought, others can't. The cosmetics unlocked via challenges can't be bought so you really have to earn them. Seems like they're doing everything right.

runchild fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Oct 28, 2016

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

runchild posted:

Stats page will come in a later update, and Respawn has said they're already tracking everything for when that comes.

While the Advocate Gifts are "loot box" style rewards, I've seen a dev say that they will never be purchasable with real money. And I've noticed that the camos and such that come from Advocate Gifts can be unlocked with merits so you don't have to wait for random chance to get the one you really want. But then the cosmetics unlocked via challenges can't be bought so you really have to earn them. Seems like they're doing everything right.

i can't believe Respawn has, yet again, saved gaming

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Antoine Silvere posted:

i can't believe Respawn has, yet again, saved gaming

GOD DAMNIT WHY AM I STILL AT WORK?!

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Played a few more rounds. Game seems to be pretty good but I'm getting absolutely stomped because the matchmaking is hot garbage right but, but I think that will improve once it unlocks for everyone.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Popelmon posted:

Played a few more rounds. Game seems to be pretty good but I'm getting absolutely stomped because the matchmaking is hot garbage right but, but I think that will improve once it unlocks for everyone.

yeah turns out a lot the people who would VPN just to unlock a game early are tryhards who are decent at the game lol

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

runchild posted:

While the Advocate Gifts are "loot box" style rewards, I've seen a dev say that they will never be purchasable with real money. And I've noticed that the camos and such that come from Advocate Gifts can be unlocked with merits so you don't have to wait for random chance to get the one you really want. But then the cosmetics unlocked via challenges can't be bought so you really have to earn them. Seems like they're doing everything right.

Fantastic.

Been running through Singleplayer and it's really fun, looks drat good too but I'm seemingly halfway through about an hour in. I'm also playing on Master difficulty while looking for the helmets. drat.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
Only some of them can be purchasable with merits, some are random only.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

fromoutofnowhere posted:

SP was good, lots of places to use movement and tools rather than weapons to kill and the whole layout looks like they had fun making it. Really wish it was longer. Been a long time since I played MP in Titanfall 1, but in 2 it's fantastic. Movement is great, the grappling hook is an amazingly fun tool to use and over all was pretty drat solid. Glad I decided to get this instead of sitting on the fence because of 1. Release tomorrow will release the MP flood gates so matches don't turn into a 20 minute wait to pick up enough people to launch.

How short was it?

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

s.i.r.e. posted:

Fantastic.

Been running through Singleplayer and it's really fun, looks drat good too but I'm seemingly halfway through about an hour in. I'm also playing on Master difficulty while looking for the helmets. drat.

Yeah the campaign is real short. 5-6 hours tops.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Refunded my GMG key and got one from Instant-Gaming and downloading now :thumbsup:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Wazzit posted:

Yeah the campaign is real short. 5-6 hours tops.

Worth a replay at least?

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Worth a replay at least?

I played through it on Hard, will probably play through it again on Master and try to go for all the collectibles. It's a fun campaign but I'm not sure how much I'm gonna want to replay it when I know I could be dropping titans in multiplayer.

There are a lot of standout moments I might replay or something here and there, there's one section in particular involving a game mechanic that I didn't know was in the game was super fun to play through.

e: edited out the spoiler, I really think it's something worth playing through not knowing about it.

Wazzit fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Oct 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Look at that GameSager time at the top of the scoreboard :ohdear: