Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lol a third phase

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

She's a cool fight but it's literally Maria with ice instead of blood

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

She's a cool fight but it's literally Maria with ice instead of blood

she has a lot of moves that play w/ your reflexes if you try to take her like maria

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

In Training posted:

The actual DLC boss is badass

Boss owns. It's a good DLC.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ive decided that dark souls is meant to be played without a shield and shields are easy baby mode

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's also reminding me of the mildly annoying ds3 design where the bosses don't get fun until the challenging third phase and you have to do the opening stuff a bunch

Bobnumerotres posted:

she has a lot of moves that play w/ your reflexes if you try to take her like maria

Yeah it's cool

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the second phase can be incredibly messy depending on how aggressive she feels like being i found lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

the second phase can be incredibly messy depending on how aggressive she feels like being i found lol

if you just pwn the big guy she stops fighting to heal and you can down it all in a few hits at least that's how I've been doing it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

if you just pwn the big guy she stops fighting to heal and you can down it all in a few hits at least that's how I've been doing it

yeahhhh but sometimes she'll get 'caught' in his hitbox and stick around him so now you can't fight the fucker cause she's right next to him doing her scythe dances

normally it doesn't happen but when it does you waste precious estus b4 the really hard part lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its really easy to mess up on the first phase too. she fakes you out, or does some really quick jab attacks that hit like a truck, and you're wasting estus. its a really great fight, feels good to totally trounce her on phase 1+2 and come into phase 3 with near full health and pots

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah now I said that and keep dying on phase 2 :sweatdrop:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

instinct would be to raise a shield and back off and thats the worst thing to do lol
it's loving poison gas why would you not run/roll away

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

My instinct was to freak the heck out and roll into a wall repeatedly

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Half my dark souls deaths are panicked rolls into traps, enemies, off cliffs, etc

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Control Volume posted:

Half my dark souls deaths are panicked rolls into traps, enemies, off cliffs, etc

This

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If it's not dying to a boss its dying because I was stepping away from an enemy off a cliff

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Sir alonne rises from the ground and prepares himself for single combat as a seasoned warrior recreates cirque du soleil in front of him

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Control Volume posted:

Same

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

mysterious loyall X posted:

better walk into this purple gas and let the meter build up after a really long wind up animation -- NOt somehting i said because i'm really smart, but something someone stupid said prolly

i said Ruh roh like Scooby Do and fat rolled in to it because i dont understand perspective

Soral
May 30, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

so sum1 spoil it for me..whats with all the red gunk and bugs/half dead birds?

it's mold growing on the canvas the world is painted on. the npcs are being literal when they're talking about "rot." the painting is rotting, like, actually. its not like i asked someone with authority and got a definitive answer on it but it's what makes the most sense to me.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
Holy poo poo that wolf AI :stare:

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

The deacons of the deep are fun

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
I like to aggro all of the wolves and then hide behind a tree three feet from the cliff edge and then watch as they just suicide charge into the icy beyond

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
put in a few more attempts on the main dlc boss. i can get to phase three without a problem, and i think i have it figured out in terms of how to beat her. i've gotten her down to her last quarter of lifebar, but then gently caress it up by retreating too much. she's really good at punishing distance. reminds me a lot of false king allant, actually.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Gonna stream the DLC while drinking beers in a few minutes

http://www.twitch.tv/pablo_gigante

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
the wolves are so deadly if u get surrounded

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The wolves should respect me considering what I've done!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

the wolves are so deadly if u get surrounded

i love their ai, theyre getting more and more skilled at details like that. looking forward to bloodborne 2

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I can't bear the thought of disappointment.

I always come back to ds3 and start two handing poo poo when I wanna pump vials into my leg

And I'm really sloppy in my attacks

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
im just finished the dlc and i did it on ng+++ at sl130 and it was perfect

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The new rapier/knives combo weapon and is full of win and is a true dex weapon, I'm glad I started off my new character as a mercenary.

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

scary ghost dog posted:

im just finished the dlc and i did it on ng+++ at sl130 and it was perfect

Indeed but I'm 150.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
The next DLC should have a boss with phases labeled 1, 2, and 4.... 😏

Soral
May 30, 2009

next dlc will have a boss with no phases

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Soral posted:

:dogstare:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Soral posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Has anybody gotten any "honor" from the matchmaking system? I played a handful of 1 on 1s but it still just had dashes. Is there a ranking system in place? That's pretty cool

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Listen up and hear me out: the arena should should award covenant items if you win.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

DLC got me swearing at my tv again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The DLC is cool, I played for about two hours and got to the fourth(?) bonfire last night

• Locked thread