Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
I have a touch screen windows laptop I have never used the touch feature for anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

triple sulk posted:

it's really honestly embarrassing that you can blatantly tell they're too loving ashamed to admit that the surface's design can actually work if done correctly

or they don't want to admit that the giant sized iPad Pro should have never been made.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Pissflaps posted:

how can you not know what a dongle is smh
cool its pissflaps

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

lol

but this did me the idea to make a amp power supply that takes inputs through two separate 120VAC feeds coming from opposing phase on the house which will cause any noise induced through "dirty power" to be cancelled out via a furious waving of hands and sold for thousands of dollars to idiots

Sorry, all the true idiots already use inch-thick silver power cables attached to an artisinal car battery.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

triple sulk posted:

lmao look at that comically oversized trackpad

loving tragic

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

welp that's it i'm done with apple.

are the lenovo yogas any good?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

title of an article on my news feed smh

The new Apple MacBook Pro: Apple's amazing strip show reinvents the laptop keyboard

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Shaggar posted:

Lol they want to use a touch screen so bad

Not really sure I like their design direction tbh

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

mike12345 posted:

finally some place for my nuts

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

cant wait for my refurb 2015 13" mbp to come on tuesday

that'll last me another 5 years as my 2011 mac mini/mbp have, and at that point tim will have run apple into the ground completely

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

:rip: apple, innovation is dead
https://twitter.com/panzer/status/791765204497334272

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

go play outside Skyler posted:

the smallest thinkpad ones are decent, but the larger thinkpad yogas are plasticky and flimsy, and the ideapad ones are p crappy

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
x series 4 life

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

go play outside Skyler posted:

The only good Lenovos are the T-, X-, and P- series Thinkpads. The only good Lenovo convertibles are the Thinkpad Tablets. thinkpad carbon is basically the lenovo equivalent of the 1-port macbok.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
making multiple chargers work is basically impossible

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

giant trackpad looks p ownage imo

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Endless Mike posted:

giant trackpad looks p ownage imo

actually it looks real bad

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

I hope it has the "click here to repair active desktop" button

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

The Management posted:

pffft just charge different cells with different chargers duh

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

^^^yeah, literally this

The Management posted:

? no it isn't

it's pretty drat trivial, in fact, if you just put each charger on its own cell and have an internal balancing circuit

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

wouldn't you need like 4 redundant copies of the power management hardware or w/e. not very appley if you ask me

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

also I guess I can understand sacrificing normal USB ports to the gods of thinness but ditching the SD card slot is just spitting in the face of the sort of pro photographer types who carried Apple through the lean years

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

atomicthumbs posted:

The only good Lenovos are the T-, X-, and P- series Thinkpads. The only good Lenovo convertibles are the Thinkpad Tablets. thinkpad carbon is basically the lenovo equivalent of the 1-port macbok.

the W- ones are good too if you don't mind hauling around a heavy piece of machine

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Linguica posted:

also I guess I can understand sacrificing normal USB ports to the gods of thinness but ditching the SD card slot is just spitting in the face of the sort of pro photographer types who carried Apple through the lean years
lmao apple is slowly but surely killing their only market by removing the features it uses in order to appeal to consumers

They're appling themselves

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

the W- ones are good too if you don't mind hauling around a heavy piece of machine

pretty sure they replaced those with the Ps like a year ago

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

actually it looks real bad

yeah the proportions are all weird, looks real sloppy.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

atomicthumbs posted:

lmao apple is slowly but surely killing their only market by removing the features it uses in order to appeal to consumers

They're appling themselves

pretty sure they replaced those with the Ps like a year ago

really? guess I'm out of touch

my w540 is still treating me well

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

atomicthumbs posted:

I like to think Apple are realizing how slow and ridiculous they are and thus removing items that quickly become obsolete or drop in price, e.g. the evolution of SD card capacities and the impressive pricing of the Thunderbolt monitor for years on end.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

really? guess I'm out of touch

my w540 is still treating me well

i'm kinda lukewarm on mine but it has the garbage tier screen so :shrug:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
apple is now a company that sells apps, to that end they need only two products, one to create apps and one to consume them

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

infernal machines posted:

apple is now a company that sells apps, to that end they need only two products, one to create apps and one to consume them

Apps cannot be created or destroyed, you idiot

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

infernal machines posted:

i wish that were the case because then they would actually sell hardware designed for creating apps

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Apple is basically becoming a lovely Valve then?

I wonder if they are going to stick with iMessage exclusively for Apple devices until the logical conclusion of them standing around confused why nobody gives a poo poo about iMessage saying "what do you mean people prefer using Facebook/whatsapp/dongchat because all their friends friends can use it? everyone I know (at work) uses iMessage!"

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

Linguica posted:

"The lean years" were ages ago and Apple's been showing how little they care about pro photographers, designers and artists for years now.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

exploding mummy posted:

4x faster charging
          /

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
also i didn't pay attention to the announcement did we finally get retina airs?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Necc0 posted:

no, but there's a new MacBook Pro with function keys that's smaller than the air

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

lol from the CPUs it looks like the 2016 base mbp will probably be about as fast as the 2015 base mbp in single core tasks and up to 20% slower in multicore, good work everyone

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Necc0 posted:

a summary of today's mac announcements:

:rip:

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
god loving damnit

guess i'm riding my 'ol 2011 pro until she tuckers out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
tim destroyed the ipad with the maxi and the mini so much that it was being outsold by macs

now he's merrily destroying the mac and the iphone is starting to tank too

only five years on from steve's death too, impressive in its own way

• Locked thread