Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

drilldo squirt posted:

I'm confused why they just didn't charge them with the things they did in the videos instead of conspiracy.

Feds get first shot if they want it. The primary benefit being that you draw your jury pool from the Federal District rather than Harney County so there's less chance of a nullificatin' jury. Which lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Well, sooner or later there'll be another Oklahoma City Bombing and the news media will be all 'HOW DID THIS HAPPEN HOW LONG HAVE THERE BEEN TERRORISTS IN AMERICA WE DID NOTHING ABOUT' :downs:

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

So they only hope we have right now is if the jurors are dumb enough to say anything even vaguely related to jury nullification to a camera?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I just changed it. And this has me genuinely upset, so my apologies ahead of time if it's not the funniest thing in the world.

can you add "God is Dead" to the end plz

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJMWRJDKg5s

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
Unironically Janet Reno did nothing wrong.

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
ok so if I openly plan, coordinate, and execute an armed standoff against federal authorities on federal land, while video taping it, so long as everyone isn't physically there when I start my standoff, there is now legal precedent that's a totally fine thing to do

that passes the laugh test for sure

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
i feel like somebody close to me just died

(justice)

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Night10194 posted:

Well, sooner or later there'll be another Oklahoma City Bombing and the news media will be all 'HOW DID THIS HAPPEN HOW LONG HAVE THERE BEEN TERRORISTS IN AMERICA WE DID NOTHING ABOUT' :downs:

Remember how over the last decade white supremacist groups did more terrorism and basically a bigger threat than the right fear of those islamic fundamentalists?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

A Winner is Jew posted:

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

rabble rabble posted:

ok so if I openly plan, coordinate, and execute an armed standoff against federal authorities on federal land, while video taping it, so long as everyone isn't physically there when I start my standoff, there is now legal precedent that's a totally fine thing to do

jury verdicts aren't legal precedent or caselaw or anything

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Yeah, and i think college football overtime is dumb as hell, but the judge didn't say "okay, what we're going to do is start taking turns on the 25 yard line," so that's not really relevant.

I don't exactly know what happened. If the judge said "he's still being held on charges in nevada" then yeah, he should have stfued. If they said "well he needs to be processed out", I'm less concerned as I suspect mumford forgot about it.
I'm pretty curious what let to the tackling though, verbal arguements tend not to result in that in court.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
So I wonder how many Native Americans are gonna do time for the DAP protest

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Why didn't they move the trial to non hickland?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

etalian posted:

Remember how over the last decade white supremacist groups did more terrorism and basically a bigger threat than the right fear of those islamic fundamentalists?

Remember how republicans literally took away the budget of DHLS that deals with right wing militias because they said it was a political witch hunt?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
hahahahahahahhahah holy poo poo

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Mirthless posted:

i feel like somebody close to me just died

(justice)

I've honestly lost what little faith I had in the justice system being fair.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
This must how it felt being white when the OJ trial was read. ( I was a kid )

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

brugroffil posted:

no but they're Legal Precedent and CASELAW

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Burt Sexual posted:

They did, it was in Portland, though the jury was drawn from across Oregon.

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost

brugroffil posted:

yeah, you're right, that counts for something at least

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Burt Sexual posted:

They did.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Winkie01 posted:

This must how it felt being white when the OJ trial was read. ( I was a kid )

They didn't have a video of oj hanging around their house with a knife in a youtube video where he talks about stabbing them.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Wipe out oregon from the map

plasticowlmachine
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

A Winner is Jew posted:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Wipe out oregon from the map

by me a ticket out first tia

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/Ammon_Bundy/status/791781063165087748

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
who the gently caress was running this show, m night shymalan?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

VikingSkull posted:

can you add "God is Dead" to the end plz

I'm fine leaving that implied, since we all agree on it anyway.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

drilldo squirt posted:

They didn't have a video of oj hanging around their house with a knife in a youtube video where he talks about stabbing them.

Good point

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kazak_Hstan posted:

They did, it was in Portland, though the jury was drawn from across Oregon.

So it was state charges? Why can't they move a fed charge anywhere?

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

I hope he dies.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

A Winner is Jew posted:

Remember how republicans literally took away the budget of DHLS that deals with right wing militias because they said it was a political witch hunt?

Let's see how they rationalize upholding that stance after the coming wave of militia terrorism when Trump falls without openly saying "white people can't be terrorists."

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Spending four days in Oregon in November, considering changing those plans. If this is what Oregonians believe in, gently caress that state.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

HILLARY CURES DEPLORABLES posted:

what would you do with the reasoning? if it wasn't good throw it out? it sucks that a jury of bundy's peers is this retarded, but a trial by a jury of one's peers precludes someone getting to decide if they made the right choice or had sufficiently good reason

It prevents juries from doing whatever the gently caress they want with the legal system. There should be a low bar of "good reason" that could be reached by showing the analytical skills of a god drat highschooler. You shouldnt be able to just essentially say "well I flipped a coin when all the evidence was shown and hes not guilty/guilty".

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

etalian posted:

Yeah, but I mean something so big it's undeniable like that is going to happen sooner or later. Like the 'We're gonna put 4 car bombs around a residential area with immigrants and then shoot any survivors' guys the FBI just nabbed a couple weeks ago.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
This is bullshit of the highest order.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

rabble rabble posted:

Only if you're white and interpret the constitution like right wing nut jobs interpret the bible (selectively but also infallible God's law!)

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

gently caress
gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress

i'm going to bed before the other victory laps start and I'm too angry to sleep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

welp, I think I'm done with this thread

i don't need to see bundy quoting MLK