Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

So I played the first almost exclusively with a controller on PC, just because it made the movement easier - am I in the minority? Should I try to learn kb+m? Doesn't seem like this one will be quite so reliant on the twitch reflex headshot, I'm torn [natalie imbruglia]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

black.lion posted:

So I played the first almost exclusively with a controller on PC, just because it made the movement easier - am I in the minority? Should I try to learn kb+m? Doesn't seem like this one will be quite so reliant on the twitch reflex headshot, I'm torn [natalie imbruglia]

Just have fun. Do whatever is fun. That GameSager guy is a holy terror and he plays with the controller. You will probably get better results with the M + KB but since the game supposedly matches you with players of your skill level it shouldn't really matter.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
So I just started teh single player and I am noticing the dark colors in this game are... grainy? Anyone else noticed that?

Also no true borderless windowed mode...

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What VPN you guys reccomend?

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

I like tunnelbear bc the interface is cute

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Did a bunch of the campaign, it's cool and good so far :3:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Knifegrab posted:

So I just started teh single player and I am noticing the dark colors in this game are... grainy? Anyone else noticed that?

Also no true borderless windowed mode...

Yeah there's a *heavy* film grain. You can get borderless windowed if you put -noborder -windowed in your advanced launch options. Also -novid to skip all the intro movies.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
There goes my plan of downloading this overnight so that I can play tomorrow. Thanks, GMG. :rolleyes:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Yeah there's a *heavy* film grain. You can get borderless windowed if you put -noborder -windowed in your advanced launch options. Also -novid to skip all the intro movies.

Thanks! Yeah the heavy film grain is a bummer hopefully someone will figure out how to disable it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Thanks, dudes who have played sp for getting me excited for this mystery mechanic and not spoiling it :cool:

I am thoroughly excited for this game and I just found out I only have to work a half day tomorrow :toot:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Played about an hour of the SP and man I've died quite a few times just because I've been running around like crazy on walls and sliding everywhere and accidentally jump into the middle of a pack of enemies :haw:

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is there supposed to be this much filmgrain over everything?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am not a FPS fan but this game is fukkin rad as hell

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.
I'm ready to find out who is bettah.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Is there a server browser? I hate being at the mercy of matchmaking unless it's really loving quick to find a game(BF1's matchmaking is actually ok for instance).

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Deakul posted:

Is there a server browser? I hate being at the mercy of matchmaking unless it's really loving quick to find a game(BF1's matchmaking is actually ok for instance).

Nope, it's all matchmaking.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Man this poo poo is so loving tight godamn. Whoever you are Conot it was good game!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
The worst part about this game is the player character in the SP has a goatee

The gently caress

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
goatees are the future

JunXaos
Mar 11, 2011

IRONKNUCKLE PERMBANNED! READ HERE
SP is betta than I expected. The movement felt really really good.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Seems to be taking forever to match me into a game.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

discworld is all I read posted:

Only some of them can be purchasable with merits, some are random only.

Whoops, looks like you're right. I edited my previous post. Oh well, I was probably gonna use most of my merits on permanent unlocks anyways. Or probably just hoard them like I tend to do.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Man this poo poo is so loving tight godamn. Whoever you are Conot it was good game!

Tis I!

Was a good game, though not sure I can match up to your top of the boardness!

The Bounty Hunt map e: that we played with the dome feels a little too small for titans (rodeoing a titan, my pilot had their head clip through beams several time) but the actual gameplay is very good.

Also, protip: If you pick up batteries off a dead titan/rodeoing an enemy titan, you can plug them into a dying titan to bring it back from the brink

(this is also a good reason to get rid of auto ejection)

e: For those asking about campaign length

Ignoring the Pilot's Gauntlet (tutorial mission), each one has so far felt about as long as a CoD campaign mission, so its pretty short overall.

Arianya fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Oct 28, 2016

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
What's that seashell looking icon mean?

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Mordja posted:

What's that seashell looking icon mean?

"Pilot helmets", basically collectables. The two on BT7274 were pretty obvious

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Does anyone use auto sprint? I want to be like you pros

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So if you're going through the SP, don't do it on Master, it's pretty hard, hard to the point where it's not the most fun because BT is apparently made from tin-foil and the pilot dies just by being looked at. It's really, really frustrating.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
played an hour of SP and a couple MP matches. Game owns really hard.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.
So hyped for Titanfall 2 that it is officially the first ever game I've preordered*

*1 hour and 10 minutes before launch after days of rave reviews so it installs on my Xbox in time to play a few rounds before going to bed

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

s.i.r.e. posted:

So if you're going through the SP, don't do it on Master, it's pretty hard, hard to the point where it's not the most fun because BT is apparently made from tin-foil and the pilot dies just by being looked at. It's really, really frustrating.

Yeah I tried for about 10 minutes and realized I was crouching behind walls to hide from snipers and that was stupid as gently caress

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

black.lion posted:

Does anyone use auto sprint? I want to be like you pros

I use it, but I'm terrible. What did people use their benefactor's gift on? I'm trying to decide on weather to get the two titans for 10 credits or the one for 20.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
Instant gaming took my money but the key they gave didn't work, now I'm stuck waiting for a support ticket:(, anyone streaming or know of some good streamers playing right now?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Anyone able to find a game? I sat in matchmaking for 10 minutes and it never got more than 2 players in the search.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

s.i.r.e. posted:

Anyone able to find a game? I sat in matchmaking for 10 minutes and it never got more than 2 players in the search.

I've only been able to get Bounty games so far (this game mode is so loving frustrating I hate it). I expect in about 40 minutes it'll ramp up hard.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

s.i.r.e. posted:

The game isn't out yet and everyone is either playing SP or in a match and prolly not leaving. Since people aren't rotating in and out of matches matchmaking is gonna be slow until 12.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

What platform are most of y'all playing on? I might pick this up tomorrow if I remember to.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

widespread posted:

What platform are most of y'all playing on? I might pick this up tomorrow if I remember to.

Penis Catheter

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

widespread posted:

Looks like mostly PC, with the rest being on Xbox

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

WHERE'S MY KEY GREENMAN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Christ, is it just me or is the Origin ui just unresponsive about everything?

Clicking anything takes more than one try to open anything... like I have to repeatedly tell a game to open until it actually opens, the right click menu for the taskbar icon takes a couple of tries to hit any button, and it's just a mess in general.