Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Bortles is soooo bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
So last year for the jags offense was a total fluke then

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
While I had heard a bunch about Bort's deterioration, I haven't watched any jags games this season until now. Bortles looks like a 13 year old first learning how to throw a football. I can't believe how terrible his mechanics have gotten.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
"Upon further review, the ruling on the field stands because we just don't give a gently caress."

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I can't watch the game but I assume ARob isn't doing well since Bort sucks?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Telvin Smith goons WHAT UP

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

LmaoTheKid posted:

I can't watch the game but I assume ARob isn't doing well since Bort sucks?

Good assumption. Sell all Jags.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Jacksonville is in garbage time and it's only the second quarter.

:tbear:

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
Did Murray pull a hamstring?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
guys allen robinson is having a monster preseason

he's going to explode this year

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Hmm I guess we're firing all jags into the sun then are we?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Jacksonville HC was adamant that there won't be a QB change.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
I feel embarrassed for Bortles. Jesus.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Mikey Purp posted:

I don't know why Im watching this garbage, but here I am.

Just checked in on the score. I'm glad I don't get NFL network because I actually would have watched this. Then again, I botched the soldering job I was just doing and that's 90 minutes of work down the loving drain anyway so :shrug:

Goodtime Pancreas
May 31, 2007
So what are the chances this is gus Bradley's last game? The jaguars look terrible.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Goodtime Pancreas posted:

So what are the chances this is gus Bradley's last game? The jaguars look terrible.

No clue, but something needs to change.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Swapping in Mariota for Big Ben is going pretty ok so far, for a dude I streamed for free as a FA

ESPN briefly had a third TD that got changed to one for an RB. Must have been a pass that got reclassified as a toss or something? Anyway would have loved the extra points but w/e

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Oct 28, 2016

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
gently caress you Allen Hurns. There is no god. Okay theres still time for ARob to score.

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead
Oh hey, I forgot about this game and went to see Evil Dead the Musical. Left Hurns in 2 lineups, which is kind of paying off.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
blake bortles with the emptiest 300-yard, 3 touchdown performance of all time

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
i will take those 48 pts, thank you very much

EricHall
Aug 7, 2006
I actually got Hurns this week in a package deal with someone in my league.

I of course did not play him because why would I make a decision that pays off

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

corn on the cop posted:

Garbage time is garbage time and in fantasy it's great. There's nothing empty about it in fantasy terms.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

corn on the cop posted:

Garbage time hero is what you signed up for by owning Bortles. And hooooooooooooly poo poo did he ever deliver on that heh :tbear: Almost 30 fantasy points in a game they had no chance to win from the opening drive what on earth

Has there ever been a more stark contrast between awful real life QB / good fantasy QB?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Yaknow what? I'll take 13 out of ARob. That's where we are right now.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
gently caress off, Bortles. I bench you in two leagues and I'm going against you in my best money league, and you have to get that last loving meaningless TD? gently caress off.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Titans D was looking a lot better halfway through the 4th.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Closed the half with 19 points from the Titans D and feeling :smuggo:

Closed the game with 5 points and a renewed hatred for Blake loving Bortles.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Mikey Purp posted:

Closed the half with 19 points from the Titans D and feeling :smuggo:

Closed the game with 5 points and a renewed hatred for Blake loving Bortles.

Same. You're supposed to be able to stream defenses against that level of garbage play. Except in this league I wound up with just 3 points from the titans' dominating performance.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Oct 28, 2016

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Docjowles posted:

Garbage time hero is what you signed up for by owning Bortles. And hooooooooooooly poo poo did he ever deliver on that heh :tbear: Almost 30 fantasy points in a game they had no chance to win from the opening drive what on earth

Has there ever been a more stark contrast between awful real life QB / good fantasy QB?

Josh McCown was putting up some big numbers last season. Hoyer too.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Kinda wish I had played Jules and ARob last night. 11 pts for Jules and 10 pts for ARob would have been nice instead of worrying about two positions all weekend.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

dphi posted:

Josh McCown was putting up some big numbers last season. Hoyer too.

Hoyer was my man at the end of last season.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

EricHall posted:

I actually got Hurns this week in a package deal with someone in my league.

I of course did not play him because why would I make a decision that pays off

Not going to second guess it because borischen consensus was with me, but I started Marqise Lee over Hurns and it suuuucks.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

MacheteZombie posted:

Kinda wish I had played Jules and ARob last night. 11 pts for Jules and 10 pts for ARob would have been nice instead of worrying about two positions all weekend.

I mean I was technically correct in that Thomas would be touchdown dependent...and that was even with the Jags playing from far behind from the first quarter until the end. I watched most of the game and Bortles looks like poo poo. There were some passes where he had 0 pressure and they weren't even close and didn't even look good coming out of his hand. And yet he still put up about 30 points.

Sorry bud!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

MrSargent posted:

I mean I was technically correct in that Thomas would be touchdown dependent...and that was even with the Jags playing from far behind from the first quarter until the end. I watched most of the game and Bortles looks like poo poo. There were some passes where he had 0 pressure and they weren't even close and didn't even look good coming out of his hand. And yet he still put up about 30 points.

Sorry bud!

Hey no worries man! I don't blame you, and it's fantasy football, of course in the retrospective I'll wish to have started guys who produced. I was more surprised than anything that they produced and that I actually wish they were in my lineup now. Bortles still looks terrible, but at least the team realized (way too late) that their bread and butter is going to be throwing deep all the time. The run game isn't helping at all as well.

That said, I missed a huge chunk of the game, is Bortles O-line still playing like trash? I feel like a part of the problem is that he has no time to let a deep play develop before starting his 4 second release. Last night a few of "best" throws I saw while watching was after shaking off a defender or two because the pocket collapsed immediately. Not trying to totally excuse Bort, because man he is bad so far.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Docjowles posted:

carson palmer :v:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

Hey no worries man! I don't blame you, and it's fantasy football, of course in the retrospective I'll wish to have started guys who produced. I was more surprised than anything that they produced and that I actually wish they were in my lineup now. Bortles still looks terrible, but at least the team realized (way too late) that their bread and butter is going to be throwing deep all the time. The run game isn't helping at all as well.

That said, I missed a huge chunk of the game, is Bortles O-line still playing like trash? I feel like a part of the problem is that he has no time to let a deep play develop before starting his 4 second release. Last night a few of "best" throws I saw while watching was after shaking off a defender or two because the pocket collapsed immediately. Not trying to totally excuse Bort, because man he is bad so far.

Yes, his o-line broke down a lot. The problem was, he acted like he was being rushed even on plays when he wasn't; and even on plays when there was no pressure at all, he often threw too early, threw wobbly weak passes, seemed to overgrip the ball and threw it right into the dirt, threw to an empty patch of field where nobody was anywhere nearby, or simply wildly missed his target.

Occasionally he'd throw a great spiral right on target, though, so it was very inconsistent. If you only watched his bad passes you'd think the guy had some kind of serious hand injury; but his good passes say that's not the case.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Leperflesh posted:

Yes, his o-line broke down a lot. The problem was, he acted like he was being rushed even on plays when he wasn't; and even on plays when there was no pressure at all, he often threw too early, threw wobbly weak passes, seemed to overgrip the ball and threw it right into the dirt, threw to an empty patch of field where nobody was anywhere nearby, or simply wildly missed his target.

Occasionally he'd throw a great spiral right on target, though, so it was very inconsistent. If you only watched his bad passes you'd think the guy had some kind of serious hand injury; but his good passes say that's not the case.

I watched the game also and this is pretty accurate. I would just like to stress the part in bold because it was truly horrifying watching a QB throw some of those passes with literally zero pressure.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I dropped ARob to waivers and I ain't even concerned about it at this point.

6-1 in my 10-team main league with Julio Jones, Marvin Jones, Brandon Marshall, Michael Thomas, Melvin Gordon and Matt Forte :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

a shameful boehner posted:

I dropped ARob to waivers and I ain't even concerned about it at this point.

6-1 in my 10-team main league with Julio Jones, Marvin Jones, Brandon Marshall, Michael Thomas, Melvin Gordon and Matt Forte :smug:

That's still dumb tho

• Locked thread