Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Dang really? I just blew my load on Clea

She's very good but seems to be Netmarbu's newest attempt at a pure support character. Damage feels lousy, although not max level/T2/max gear yet.

Her T2 passive is insane. Apply to all team: +25% to All Attack, +Ignore Dodge 25%. So a passive +25% attack buff just for having her in the third slot even if you never tag her in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Why the farts doesn't Angela have a Team-Up with Santana or Hellstrom? I guess she's only queen of one-L.

Team bonuses in general could use some love. A lot of them are pretty anemic. Also, now that I'm looking most of the Strange characters are sorta poor in terms of strikers. Like, Satana has 10 total. Misty Knight has and Shang-Chi have 17 and 21, for comparison. Kaecilius has 9!

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
that's because most of the strange characters are loving monstrous in strength

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah the Hell Satana and Hellstrom are related to is different from Angela's Hel which is a Norse mythology thing.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Mr. Maggy posted:

that's because most of the strange characters are loving monstrous in strength

Sharon has 37, Thanos 20, and Strange himself has 23 so if that's about balance they're doing a pretty bad job. Clea has 11, which stinks from the support perspective. Clea-Angela-Jane looks like a pretty smashing team. Ghost Rider, Nico, and Wiccan turn up a lot.

I think they're just trying to be thematic? The strikers they DO have are people they have canon relationships with one way or another.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
strange can dunk on 6* sharon at level 45, no joke

he is stupid powerful

in 3* battleworld strange is almost completely unstoppable unless you have thanos, and then it's just a loving balls out slugfest

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

BGrifter posted:

She's very good but seems to be Netmarbu's newest attempt at a pure support character. Damage feels lousy, although not max level/T2/max gear yet.

Her T2 passive is insane. Apply to all team: +25% to All Attack, +Ignore Dodge 25%. So a passive +25% attack buff just for having her in the third slot even if you never tag her in.

I mean I make Songbird work for WB so she has to be an upgrade, right

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Songbird owns in SHADOWLANDS.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

It's true, she can own shadowrun with just half mastery. Top tier character.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

RatHat posted:

Yeah the Hell Satana and Hellstrom are related to is different from Angela's Hel which is a Norse mythology thing.

Yeah there's different types of hell like there's Christian hell as said in the Bible and then there's Hell like New Jersey hell which is an entirely different and even more awful thing.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Yeah there's also Inferno, right? Also I guess Mephisto is probably from a not-Hell or something?

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico
Great post on the Epic Quest

Gives a run down on everything about it.

As soon as I hit the Clea requirement, I'll be stalled for 3 days.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The Clea requirement is definitely going to be a huge roadblock for most people. You can't use selectors on her and you can only get her bios as a shifter, which seems to be less than Gwenpool because you only get 10 Dark dimension levels per day.

And she doesn't seem particularly great so using a mega-ticket on her might be kind of a "waste".

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

RatHat posted:

The Clea requirement is definitely going to be a huge roadblock for most people. You can't use selectors on her and you can only get her bios as a shifter, which seems to be less than Gwenpool because you only get 10 Dark dimension levels per day.

And she doesn't seem particularly great so using a mega-ticket on her might be kind of a "waste".

Clea would be way better if her shield lasted longer than 2 seconds.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Her shield is bugged right? She seems like an upgraded version of Loki on paper.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Doesn't seem like it's bugged, I think it might be by design. The tooltip states it has 2 seconds of time and a 6 second cooldown. Rather, I think it's meant as a means of repositioning rather than a method of prolonged survival.

porkinson
Jan 20, 2015

I just used my shadowlands T2 ticket on Ancient One, He/She is great event at T1, you have so much healing and invulnerability making you really hard to kill.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

RatHat posted:

I like Clea, so I unlocked her with 20 bios, then spent a mega-ticket on her. I also was prepared for this, so I had 20k crystals laying around, buying all the packs, unlocking every char etc, and then I just spent a fat load of rank up tickets (not mega ones, no idea where I got the regulars from) on getting them from 1 to 5 - 6, then bios on the rest, getting geared up etc. Also had 3k lvl 5 xp chips and god knows how many of the other ranks, so everyone's at 47 - 50 and 6/6 now. :P

In other news; I hit shame level 15 a month ago after getting into a fat load of cash. Only took 6 months of not whaling untill I hit the mark again. I'll try my best not to get up to the next level, though. Even though I have the disposable income to throw away these days, there will come a time when I don't, and that's why I've got a savings account which is easy to put money into, but a real hassle to take it out and transfer it to my spendings account, so I won't spend it on games.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

https://www.reddit.com/r/future_fight/comments/59sd83/doctor_strange_debut_skill_gets_rid_of_sl/

wow!

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Yeah, that'll be hotfixed.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Well no wonder my Ghost Rider murdered a boss group with a level 45 strange as back up.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Cool, alliance battle randomly ended early before the clock hit 0 and I hadn't died.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Datasmurf posted:

I like Clea, so I unlocked her with 20 bios, then spent a mega-ticket on her. I also was prepared for this, so I had 20k crystals laying around, buying all the packs, unlocking every char etc, and then I just spent a fat load of rank up tickets (not mega ones, no idea where I got the regulars from) on getting them from 1 to 5 - 6, then bios on the rest, getting geared up etc. Also had 3k lvl 5 xp chips and god knows how many of the other ranks, so everyone's at 47 - 50 and 6/6 now. :P

In other news; I hit shame level 15 a month ago after getting into a fat load of cash. Only took 6 months of not whaling untill I hit the mark again. I'll try my best not to get up to the next level, though. Even though I have the disposable income to throw away these days, there will come a time when I don't, and that's why I've got a savings account which is easy to put money into, but a real hassle to take it out and transfer it to my spendings account, so I won't spend it on games.

Thx for the update on your financial situation :thumbsup:

In other news trying to do 3* live bw without dr strange's uniform is very dumb. at least it ends quickly i guess.

Xenochrist fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Oct 28, 2016

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Hey, I have to explain it, since people go cray-cray whenever I mention my shame level and how much money I've spent on this silly game.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Datasmurf posted:

Hey, I have to explain it, since people go cray-cray whenever I mention my shame level and how much money I've spent on this silly game.

Nahhhhhh, could have stopped at saying you were shame level 15. No one cares how you manage your money or your quest to not use it all up on this game.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Did anyone else's Memory Mission attempt count not reset today? Everything else did.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
Restart the game to get those to reset.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I like Yellowjacket as a striker but I need more people who can carry a Shadowlands instance. Anyone have any good suggestions on who I should promote next? I have two T2 tickets and was probably going to use one on a Strange character.

T1s who are 6/6/60, or close enough I could get them T2 capable in a couple days

Spider-Man
Agent 13
Ghost Rider
Iron Man
Ronan
Ant Man
War Wolf
Wiccan
Groot
Yondu
Gwenpool
Squirrel Girl
Blingpin
Yellowjacket
Ultimate Green Goblin

Yellowjacket seems like the best choice but I question his ability to endure the beating that he'd take over the course of a relay.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
CC is important for SL more than anything.

Spidey gets that increased web duration on his, so that's handy.

Agent 13's shielding is nice, so I suppose she'd be decent in Rumble for her AoE/Invuln.

Ghost Rider, you spend more time spamming his car immunity power than dealing much damage with him. If you get him a good gear (I have a 35% Fire/34% Fire Obelisk on him) though you can pop a move or two between cars and slowly burn the opponent down, or if you're willing to bring someone with a fire damage leadership to help him out.

Iron Man is fragile and doesn't do alot of damage outside his 6* which is easy to be knocked out of.

Ronan's T2 sucks. It's Ancient One's but 5% less dodge ignore and no 25% attack boost to team. Ronan exists to abuse his leadership.

War Wolf has a nice critical boost for the team, but he's probably not gonna carry anything on his own.

Wiccan can lock down entire rumbles easily, as can Songbird.

Groot has all the survival skills and none of the damage.

Yondu can deal good damage but, again, fragile.

Gwenpool's got good mezzing abilities, that gradual regen, and plenty of i-frames, probably one of the better t2 speed picks.

Squirrel Girl's summon is offtype which isn't good for SL.

Kingpin I don't think even has a T2 yet.

YJ tends to either be in iframes or having your opponent paralyzed, plus his T2 attack boost at low hp is like +35%, pretty nice. Villain as well, so you can use him in those levels. Just be careful when using him in physical reflect stages.

Ultimate Gobbo is not very good at carrying SL. Better if you have a fire damage leadership to pair him with, though.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I solo stage 10 (Loki) with T1 YJ, for what it's worth. It's not the easiest stage in the world but it works. Well, not 100% solo -- Nebula and Lash are there as strikers but they don't really do a whole heck of a lot.

Of that list I'd go Gwen but she's also the only one I have direct experience with at T2. Maybe Wiccan.

e: Gwen also has the slightly odd advantage in that you get bios for her while farming other bios, so once you T2 her they're essentially free to feed to BO.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Oct 28, 2016

CzarStark
Dec 23, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Mr. Maggy posted:

CC is important for SL more than anything.

Spidey gets that increased web duration on his, so that's handy.

Agent 13's shielding is nice, so I suppose she'd be decent in Rumble for her AoE/Invuln.

Ghost Rider, you spend more time spamming his car immunity power than dealing much damage with him. If you get him a good gear (I have a 35% Fire/34% Fire Obelisk on him) though you can pop a move or two between cars and slowly burn the opponent down, or if you're willing to bring someone with a fire damage leadership to help him out.

Iron Man is fragile and doesn't do alot of damage outside his 6* which is easy to be knocked out of.

Ronan's T2 sucks. It's Ancient One's but 5% less dodge ignore and no 25% attack boost to team. Ronan exists to abuse his leadership.

War Wolf has a nice critical boost for the team, but he's probably not gonna carry anything on his own.

Wiccan can lock down entire rumbles easily, as can Songbird.

Groot has all the survival skills and none of the damage.

Yondu can deal good damage but, again, fragile.

Gwenpool's got good mezzing abilities, that gradual regen, and plenty of i-frames, probably one of the better t2 speed picks.

Squirrel Girl's summon is offtype which isn't good for SL.

Kingpin I don't think even has a T2 yet.

YJ tends to either be in iframes or having your opponent paralyzed, plus his T2 attack boost at low hp is like +35%, pretty nice. Villain as well, so you can use him in those levels. Just be careful when using him in physical reflect stages.

Ultimate Gobbo is not very good at carrying SL. Better if you have a fire damage leadership to pair him with, though.

Hey ICR, you were looking for posts to put in the OP, right?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
lol this 3* battleworld is literally "who got time stop off first?"

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

NmareBfly posted:

I solo stage 10 (Loki) with T1 YJ, for what it's worth. It's not the easiest stage in the world but it works. Well, not 100% solo -- Nebula and Lash are there as strikers but they don't really do a whole heck of a lot.

Of that list I'd go Gwen but she's also the only one I have direct experience with at T2. Maybe Wiccan.

Thanks.

I omitted Songbird and Shang Chi because they can both handle relays at T1.

Wiccan is ready to go right now, I was considering him for T2 for a while.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

CzarStark posted:

Hey ICR, you were looking for posts to put in the OP, right?

You beat me to it. Great post Maggy. Agreed with all you said.

Will add to the op.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Apparently in Shadowland you can use Universal characters on Combat/Blast/Speed only stages and they'll only get a 25% damage penalty vs 100% for the other wrong types.

EDIT: Can confirm this works.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Oct 28, 2016

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico
6/4/55 Dr. Strange vs Thanos

Once I got used to him, it went a lot smoother.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Isn't the best strategy for Strange with uniform to use Sorceror Supreme and then spam Demons of Denakk for the healing, damage reflect, and buff stripping? Or does that not work very well for Thanos?

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

RatHat posted:

Apparently in Shadowland you can use Universal characters on Combat/Blast/Speed only stages and they'll only get a 25% damage penalty vs 100% for the other wrong types.

EDIT: Can confirm this works.

Yup. Ghost Rider's T2 specifically though, you want to use him in villain-heavy stages BUT not ones that are specifically for using villains against villains. Carves him a very specific niche for SL.

also whoever mentioned Nebula and Lash:

Nebula's T2 looks good on paper (haven't T2ed her myself) since she gets Widow's Lightning boost but all of her skills are phys lightning instead of Widow's just having two

Lash's T2 makes him a good tank, only issue is the cooldown on his invuln granting move is much shorter than the cooldown on the t2 invuln the move grants, so you have to keep it in your head that pressing that button =/= autoinvuln

Mr. Maggy fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Oct 28, 2016

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
As someone with a poo poo roster I was very happy to know I could Loki-cheese my way to a T2 ticket. Also I get to shortcut Mordo to 4*.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Dias posted:

As someone with a poo poo roster I was very happy to know I could Loki-cheese my way to a T2 ticket. Also I get to shortcut Mordo to 4*.

Bear in mind that you'll have to do that again with characters that you can't use generic selectors on.

• Locked thread