Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Shinjobi posted:

Just blame it on the debate.:thumbsup:

Hahahaha no I'd be the only one watching the debate, and I don't work on this anymore so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Shinjobi posted:

Just blame it on the debate.:thumbsup:

Shiragami Youko will make manga great again. :911:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

DrSunshine posted:

Shiragami Youko Touko will make manga great again. :911:

Fixed that for ya.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Why not both? And also Akari? And Karen?

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
http://bato.to/reader#95046a26d191bc9b

Welcome to the new (lovely) normal. We have no redrawer, so low quality releases till we find one.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
If Saluda and Okada have secrets, does that imply that Shima also has a secret?

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
It's all good. The rest is still really great, so I don't mind not having a re-drawer for a bit.

Blizz Pizz Love Us
Aug 18, 2015

by exmarx
Redrawn or not, it's delightful to see a new chapter. Thanks for all you do to bring these to us!

"Last Chapter Summary: Three youngsters want to cry." Yeah, sounds about right. Looks like we're not done crying yet, either.

Huh, hitting us with the big reveal straight away this chapter. This makes me curious to do another read-through from the beginning and if I notice any hints regarding Okada's secret that only become obvious in retrospect. Hahaha, oh jeez, it just occurred to me that he's spent the past few years having to constantly listen to whatever's going on in Shimada's head. That's the truly tear-jerking part in all this.

Additionally, MVP expression for the chapter right here: [img]http://i.imgur.com/t9EqkAg.png][/img]

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
Keep in mind it does say that he's been unable to hear it recently, due to "noise". 3 guesses as to who the "noise" is, and you win a candy.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I want these precious children to be happy, and I will destroy this sinful world if they are not.

JD
Jan 11, 2003

Tarage posted:

Keep in mind it does say that he's been unable to hear it recently, due to "noise". 3 guesses as to who the "noise" is, and you win a candy.

The glasses he's wearing, Mikan, or Jesus

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

The World of Idiots is full of too much noise for him to hear anyone's thoughts

e: It's like the World of Darkness but instead of all the factions vying for world domination they're all just dumb. The upside is that they're happier.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

Tarage posted:

It's Shimada. After the first hour of exposure, his telepathy started shutting down inself-defense.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

JosephWongKS posted:

If Saluda and Okada have secrets, does that imply that Shima also has a secret?

We already know Shima's secret:

He's the oldest.

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.

JD posted:

The glasses he's wearing, Mikan, or Jesus

Completely missed my candy reference eh?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
No, no, he said Jesus :v:

That being said, how recent is recent? And how close does Akane have to be? I mean, around chapters 84-85 he managed to pick up on the fact that Kuromine's confession didn't go as planned, so maybe there was some mind-reading there. And when they went to the pool way back when, I'm sure Akane wasn't there so he must've picked up on at least Youko, if not Shiho and maybe even Aizawa's secrets. Then again, he did seem surprised at Sakurada's crush on Akari, so uh...

EDIT: I mean, he knows about the glasses and the horned girl at least, so even if he didn't believe in vampires and poo poo maybe he thought it was some chuuni thing), he sure as hell would believe it now.

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Oct 27, 2016

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
woah oka that is one monster secret.

i'm glad jitsu wa is the kind of manga where even the protagonist's at first glance stock loser background friends get character development and arcs.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

CommissarMega posted:

That being said, how recent is recent? And how close does Akane have to be? I mean, around chapters 84-85 he managed to pick up on the fact that Kuromine's confession didn't go as planned, so maybe there was some mind-reading there. And when they went to the pool way back when, I'm sure Akane wasn't there so he must've picked up on at least Youko, if not Shiho and maybe even Aizawa's secrets. Then again, he did seem surprised at Sakurada's crush on Akari, so uh...

EDIT: I mean, he knows about the glasses and the horned girl at least, so even if he didn't believe in vampires and poo poo maybe he thought it was some chuuni thing), he sure as hell would believe it now.

It seems he can only hear surface thoughts, so unless they were actively thinking about their secret he wouldn't know anything.

Also lol if you think Akane isn't spying on these dorks any time they do anything.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Oka can't hear thoughts anymore because Akane is hogging all the bandwidth :argh:

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
I had always hoped that Oka would have been silently aware of everything since the first chapters where he briefly saw Nagisa's small form, but just didn't give a poo poo.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Think about what Akane said in an earlier chapter when speaking to kuromine. She wants to create a school for supernatural beings, so of course it's going to be filled with people of supernatural backgrounds. I wouldn't be surprised if every single student has some kind of secret, and especially after this chapter, I'm thinking that is exactly the case.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
This being said, could it be that the end of this involves everyone realizing everyone else is weird too, so they don't have to hide their powers?/everyone kind of already knows Youko is a vampire and just doesn't care, and we have been dealing with the last few people to get on the loop to crazy train?

thechosenone fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Oct 27, 2016

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Captain Invictus posted:

Think about what Akane said in an earlier chapter when speaking to kuromine. She wants to create a school for supernatural beings, so of course it's going to be filled with people of supernatural backgrounds. I wouldn't be surprised if every single student has some kind of secret, and especially after this chapter, I'm thinking that is exactly the case.

It's like the X-men except none of the kids realize the others are special.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Honestly didn't see that one coming, that's a fairly cool twist/development.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Nalin posted:

I had always hoped that Oka would have been silently aware of everything since the first chapters where he briefly saw Nagisa's small form, but just didn't give a poo poo.

There's perfectly rational explanations for a tiny Nagisa to exist outside normal Nagisa, but hearing glasses talk is just a short cab-ride over to Crazytown.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Jesus christ Oda your timing is poo poo. :mad:

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Obviously the interference is the principal protecting everybody's secrets. And seriously, if Oka could clearly hear Kuromine's thoughts, the whole school would have been blown wide open a long time ago.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Mindblast posted:

Also his wording!

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mindblast posted:

Yeah, not really keen on the forced Sanji vs Luffy conflict being dragged out.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

JosephWongKS posted:

Yeah, not really keen on the forced Sanji vs Luffy conflict being dragged out.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Captain Invictus posted:

I can't imagine Kuromine having an actual secret, though. Like, he's the only normal guy who's enrolled there, and that's somehow what makes him special.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Kuromine is the mythical creature known as the leaky basket.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Kuromine is that one yokai that brings good fortune to everyone around him, but he doesn't know it

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Kuromine is that one yokai that brings good fortune to everyone around him, but he doesn't know it

He's made three girls cry*

*Shiho didn't cry but her heart cried out

e: Rejecting her also made her pursue Shima through the cruel hand of fate and no doubt will she shed many tears over that

Terper fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Oct 27, 2016

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
They will ultimately end up happy

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Shimada's secret is that he's the first male pervert, and all the poo poo he's going through right now will harden (ahaha) him into the Charismatic Pervert 2, strengthening his powers in a way that 'natural' perverts like Shiho couldn't hope to match.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

CommissarMega posted:

Shimada's secret is that he's the first male pervert, and all the poo poo he's going through right now will harden (ahaha) him into the Charismatic Pervert 2, strengthening his powers in a way that 'natural' perverts like Shiho couldn't hope to match.

I'm pretty sure the word "charismatic" and Shimada are directly opposed like magnets of the same polarity.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Shimada is actually a shapeshifter employed by the principle to be a funny dirtbag friend for her kids

or he could just be a dirtbag

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Shimada is responsible for the future pervpocalypse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

It seems pretty obvious to me - Shimada's superpower is being unable to be contained by the legal system.

• Locked thread