Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Much as I suspected the grasp of Malok is ugly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Hey everyone I met Deej in game!

(it was a full auto/rangefinder matador too)

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Candlelight is a very good shader.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

poor life choice posted:

:yeah:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
What's better for a 77 Wizard; braced frame or acc coils?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

poor life choice posted:

It's the best shader since Midnight Lumos.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

What's better for a 77 Wizard; braced frame or acc coils?

Braced frame because doesn't acc coils turn it from 4 hit kill to 5 hit kill?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

not sure about that

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I'm pretty sure 77 Wizard archetype is a 50 damage per bolt setup so coils would put it in the solid 5 bolt kill range.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
Xur is by speaker again:

Eternal Warrior
Achylophage Symbiote
Skull of Dire Ahamakara
Bad Juju

Moonglow (Hawkmoon) and the Wolves Remember (Young Wolf's Howl) ornaments

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
I googled up a few of these pay to trials places just to see what they were all about and found a lot of them are offering rank 5 IB account recoveries for like $150. I think when the next IB rolls around I might toss a few ebay ads out and make some beer money.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
"poooM Enterprises" is now offering guaranteed Iron Banner Rank 5 completions for only $100!! PM me for details on Franchise and Independent Contractor opportunities.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
Activision shouldn't get all the dumb destiny player money right? I wonder if people would pay for heroic strike grinding, I'm unemployed and don't have poo poo to do until like january.

roadhead
Dec 25, 2001

That just happened. Was a good boost to my light in that slot too, like 5 points!

TheSwingLord
Feb 12, 2007

for $50 i'll get your IB rank to 6 across all three characters

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

roadhead posted:

That just happened. Was a good boost to my light in that slot too, like 5 points!

it's how I got the Red Death I'm currently running and gosh darn, that does feel loving great

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I got two exotics from blues last night, neither was a light upgrade because the RNG giveth and the RNG taketh.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
MLG 360 no scope :hellyeah: :catdrugs:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Wrecks%20Box%20One/video/22890859

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I wish Destiny would steal the Overwatch feature where you can take supersampled screenshots. Either way I managed a decently framed picture of the Iron Temple during the festival:

Also, masks in cutscenes, always.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Hey guys, go pick up your Bad Juju at Xur and don't forget to head over to Tess at Eververse and gamble with real money on a couple chances for some cool new ornaments for your new gun.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

But they don't control Xur's inventory his will is not his own but the Nine's!!!

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Hi I'm Bungie and I don't have control over the systems I made but I do sometimes to make some great marketing with Y1 Gjallerhorn and to get that DOSH with Bad Juju.

Bungie has no shame, do they?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Don't blame Bungie for capitalism

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures
I don't get it, why are you upset?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Frabba posted:

I don't get it, why are you upset?

Bungie has fed everyone a series of confusing and contradictory comments on how Xur works but their final line was they don't curate him.

So it seems pretty silly that the week the Eververse store is selling special packages with Juju ornaments that he just happens to sell the gun.

It's not necessarily totally a bad thing because if I got one of those ornaments somehow it would be nice to also have the gun (if I didn't have it), but the issue here is that they obviously control Xurs inventory and they have lied about it, no they are making sure they can use Xur for even more whale cash. *Bungie voice* Never mind this and what that one dataminer showed, his will is his own.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I still remember the No Mans Land xur had for Xmax. Is either Xur is really random, or Xur is not random and they hate Xmax.

I think is random but theres a loophole and they hate to use it.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I think Xur is probably random most of the time but they can override it if they want but they don't want to too much because if it's obvious people are just gunna beg them to make him have what they want and nobody wants do deal with that.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Tei posted:

I'm sure this is correct (note sure hate is the right word) but the silly/sad part is Bungie saying with a straight face "we, the developer that coded this game from scratch, cannot control this element of our game" and worse the BDF believing it.

Remember when the MegaMan dataminer guy proved there were Two Xurs. I'm sure one wasn't the rng one and the other the curated one and I'm also sure there's never been a switch on their server management tools to activate the later.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Tei posted:

I still remember the No Mans Land xur had for Xmax. Is either Xur is really random, or Xur is not random and they hate Xmax.

Xur is random. Xur can also be specifically curated when Bungie wants him to be. Bungie has never given us a straight answer about him, but what Bungie says and what happens in-game are two different things.

Conveniently, Bungie really, really wants him to be curated this weekend (probably next weekend, too!!!!!).

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I'm sure this is correct (note sure hate is the right word) but the silly/sad part is Bungie saying with a straight face "we, the developer that coded this game from scratch, cannot control this element of our game" and worse the BDF believing it.

Remember when the MegaMan dataminer guy proved there were Two Xurs. I'm sure one wasn't the rng one and the other the curated one and I'm also sure there's never been a switch on their server management tools to activate the later.

I hate the microtransaction business model with my whole heart but this strikes me as a really weird thing to be upset about

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

BUNGO LIED. MY BANK ACCOUNT DIED.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Emron posted:

I hate the microtransaction business model with my whole heart but this strikes me as a really weird thing to be upset about

Because no one likes to be told a lie, and likes it even less when they discover the lie and the liar continues to insist there was no lie.

"Don't lie" is a pretty fundamental rule of society.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I'm not like, legitimately mad irl or anything (like I was about the Dec 2015 SBMM lie) it's just another obvious notch in the "Bungie isn't truthful about a lot of things" belt I have hanging in my closet.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I'm not like, legitimately mad irl or anything (like I was about the Dec 2015 SBMM lie) it's just another obvious notch in the "Bungie isn't truthful about a lot of things" belt I have hanging in my closet.

At this point, companies that ARE truthful are probably the minority, though. Life is meaningless, buy silver

xzzy posted:

Because no one likes to be told a lie, and likes it even less when they discover the lie and the liar continues to insist there was no lie.

"Don't lie" is a pretty fundamental rule of society.

I think that accusing them of violating a fundamental rule of society because Xur is selling Bad Juju is a little bit of an overreaction

TheSwingLord
Feb 12, 2007

bungie should chase their bliss those whales but also how about some new content that isn't based around THEM LOOT CRATES

good: "here's some new strikes, we updated vendor guns and armor, and tess also has new poo poo to buy!"

bad: "tess has new poo poo to buy."

seems pretty obvious what's bugging ABGD isn't microtransactions and it bugs me too

TheSwingLord
Feb 12, 2007

however if they do drop those Last Word ornaments like they teased in one of the weekly updates i'll probably buy an expac's worth of silver to grab em

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Yeah

And they should just adopt overwatch's model and throw us a free box every so often too.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yup!

Here's a good idea to split the baby: make sick new armor and guns, but, and here's the cool part to tell to the execs to get the green light, make them take ornaments!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Emron posted:

I think that accusing them of violating a fundamental rule of society because Xur is selling Bad Juju is a little bit of an overreaction

No, an overreaction would be to call for a boycott on reddit or post about it on change.org or threaten to storm their offices with a pitchfork.

Just talking about it is totally normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I always thought ornaments would be poo poo hanging off the guns, like touch of malice. Why didn't they just call them skins? :confused:

• Locked thread