Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

no they run windows which is super loving bad and yall are so abused you dont realize it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

echinopsis posted:

k so our business has one of those emails thats info@business name but the email is managed and run entirely by google like gmail

I can't for the life of me find the settings or account details that would let me get another email address at the same domain
it's in admin panel panel of google for business, i don't recall a way for properly configured end user to change anything in this regard

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

fishmech posted:

os x is a sickness and apple hasn't made a good computer since december 1992

quoting

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

cinci zoo sniper posted:

it's in admin panel panel of google for business, i don't recall a way for properly configured end user to change anything in this regard

it's this, contact you are google domain admin

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

cinci zoo sniper posted:

hmm i dont even know if we are google for business. but I think I have gotten closer by hitting "manage this domain" :) had to make a new user

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Foo posted:

it's this, contact you are google domain admin

its me, the google domain admin

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

echinopsis posted:

its me, the google domain admin
oh :v: yeah it's called g suite now, used to be just google apps for work or something. if you found domain management thing, you should be on track. it's been a while since i've managed one myself so i'm afraid any pointers i might pitifully attempt to remember will be on an old ui or something

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

echinopsis posted:

hmm i dont even know if we are google for business. but I think I have gotten closer by hitting "manage this domain" :) had to make a new user

ok yeah manage this domain -> users

you can make a new user or give yourself a secondary address or make a group and put you and another address in it or whatever

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
cheers. now my business has an accounts department

(because I pay the bills but also pay most late coz im useless)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

echinopsis posted:

k so our business has one of those emails thats info@business name but the email is managed and run entirely by google like gmail

I can't for the life of me find the settings or account details that would let me get another email address at the same domain

You only get one at a time, rear end in a top hat

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
mate I already have two now

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

echinopsis posted:

cheers. now my business has an accounts department

(because I pay the bills but also pay most late coz im useless)

All the big businesses pay their bills late, its the cool thing to do

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Syncopated posted:

my old company's standard payment cycle on invoices was net-90 lol

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

mishaq posted:

lmao how

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

mishaq posted:

that's pretty common in europe

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

got a new Dell monitor, my first with display port, and now when I get up and walk past my PC tower the monitor momentarily goes black?? how can I prevent this it's freaking me out?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jenny Agutter posted:

got a new Dell monitor, my first with display port, and now when I get up and walk past my PC tower the monitor momentarily goes black?? how can I prevent this it's freaking me out?
do check if everything is firmly sitting where it should

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

big enough that they could do it I guess

to get net-45 approved for an individual vendor by finance took CFO approval or something insane

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

cinci zoo sniper posted:

do check if everything is firmly sitting where it should

I think everything's pretty set because display port has clips on the full size connectors but yeah I should double check. but the tower is on concrete floor and I'm not actually brushing up against it so seems unlikely

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

mishaq posted:

big enough that they could do it I guess

to get net-45 approved for an individual vendor by finance took CFO approval or something insane

I'm lomarfin here

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

Jenny Agutter posted:

I think everything's pretty set because display port has clips on the full size connectors but yeah I should double check. but the tower is on concrete floor and I'm not actually brushing up against it so seems unlikely

i had something similar happen, except whenever i walked past the tower my monitor would go to sleep and wouldn't wake up. it ended up being a short somewhere in the tower, like the mobo wasn't grounded right or something. i dont really remember how i fixed it though.

edit: i dont think i ever fixed it, i ended up trashing the motherboard when it fried some ssds but then the phantom sleeps stopped which is why i think it was a short

Shaman Linavi fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Oct 19, 2016

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Syncopated posted:

as a tiny business I can't afford the hate lol

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Jenny Agutter posted:

lose weight until you dont bend teh floor so much

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

bobbilljim posted:

lose weight until you dont bend light so much

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

bobbilljim posted:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

bobbilljim posted:

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
so I am almost certainly being retarded but tell me what you think

my work gave me a wrt54g and an ip phone to use for work from home. the idea is I would plug the phone into the router and the router into my modem. but the modem is in another room from my computer and my roommate and I have like 100 billion devices on our personal router + wifi so I was like gently caress that, I will find some other way to rig this up.

the work router is configured to use a static IP address and I'm guessing establish a vpn connection with work, so it's not playing nice with NAT and I can't find any way to expose it to the internet directly other than do what I was told in the first place. plus the loving thing is blasting out a wifi signal on channel 6 that I'm sure my neighbors love me for because we need more poo poo on that channel, and I can't even connect to it because I don't have the WPA key. idk how to set this up other than get another modem but there's only two cable hookups in my apartment and neither is near my computer.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

A Pinball Wizard posted:

my work gave me a wrt54g and an ip phone to use for work from home. the idea is I would plug the phone into the router and the router into my modem. but the modem is in another room from my computer and my roommate and I have like 100 billion devices on our personal router + wifi so I was like gently caress that, I will find some other way to rig this up.

the work router is configured to use a static IP address and I'm guessing establish a vpn connection with work, so it's not playing nice with NAT and I can't find any way to expose it to the internet directly other than do what I was told in the first place. plus the loving thing is blasting out a wifi signal on channel 6 that I'm sure my neighbors love me for because we need more poo poo on that channel, and I can't even connect to it because I don't have the WPA key. idk how to set this up other than get another modem but there's only two cable hookups in my apartment and neither is near my computer.
lmao at this entire situation

first off they don't make wrt54g routers anymore so they're just handing off their trash for you to put in your house
it's b/g on 2.4GHz so the signal going to be destroyed by anything and everything already in your neighborhood, lmao at channel 6
is it using a custom firmware? you could probably pull the vpn credentials/certificate out and use it in whatever you want

if it's dd-wrt here's an ancient bug, but chances are if your work is still using loving wrt54g routers in the year of our goddamn lord 2016 then they don't update firmware for poo poo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhDcXCVFrvM

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

when i had a wrt54 i remember you could put it in bridge mode. or buy another wireless thing that you can use as a bridge and then plug the work router into that

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

A Pinball Wizard posted:

my work gave me a wrt54g and an ip phone to use for work from home.

lmao, find a new job

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

A Pinball Wizard posted:

get the clown responsible for this to register an account here

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

anthonypants posted:

if your work is still using loving wrt54g routers in the year of our goddamn lord 2016

anthonypants posted:

lmao at this entire situation

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

SO DEMANDING posted:

get the clown responsible for this to register an account here

this

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

additional loling at that work situation

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

Get a powerline adapter plug the powerline adapter into your main router
plug the other end in to your new router and plug your phone into the router if that doesn't work log into your main router and set the new router as dmz

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

lampey posted:

Get a powerline adapter plug the powerline adapter into your main router
plug the other end in to your new router and plug your phone into the router if that doesn't work log into your main router and set the new router as dmz

oh cool it's a markov chain for networking setup

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
I went into work and asked everyone else how they had theirs set up

oh I just plugged everything into my router and put the work router in a box in the closet

sure enough, it works, my fault for assuming there would be any kind of security I guess?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

ahmeni posted:

oh cool it's a markov chain for networking setup

lmfao

netwerk23
Aug 22, 2000
I spelled 'network' wrong.
I have a HP DL380P gen8 with 16 2.5" bays, half full of 1TB SATA OEM drives (656108's). I'd like to fill the rest with 2TB drives but the only ones that HPE sells are SAS ones at $450 each. Has anyone here tried buying off the shelf 2TB drives and chinese clone drive sleds? I don't need SAS speeds at 4X the price. I did this once on an old StorageWorks x1600 with LFF drives and it worked fine but this 380 is newer and I worry about the controller card refusing non-OEM drives.

Edit: something like this and maybe this?

netwerk23 fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Oct 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

netwerk23 posted:

I have a HP DL380P gen8 with 16 2.5" bays, half full of 1TB SATA OEM drives (656108's). I'd like to fill the rest with 2TB drives but the only ones that HPE sells are SAS ones at $450 each. Has anyone here tried buying off the shelf 2TB drives and chinese clone drive sleds? I don't need SAS speeds at 4X the price. I did this once on an old StorageWorks x1600 with LFF drives and it worked fine but this 380 is newer and I worry about the controller card refusing non-OEM drives.

Edit: something like this and maybe this?
depends on if your backplane and raid controller support sata, but they generally don't give a gently caress for non-oem drives