Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Oh cool, my GMG key came in, they just hadn't sent an email about it. Looking forward to playing this; it's rare that goons rave about single player and multiplayer alike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
My e-mail came, GMG keys are a go :woop:

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't get this stupid game to connect to multiplayer or launch the app or w/e. It's frustrating. Anyone else having isuses on PC?

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

GMG why couldn't you have sent the codes an hour earlier, I wanted to get the download started before I left for work. :sigh:

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Stayed up late and finished SP last night. Game is v good.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Anyone interested in getting a big private match going later today?

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Hopped in the campaign a bit before work and it's groovy to be titanfalling again.

Fullscreen seems to be locked at 60hz, lol at no fullscreen borderless option but using that little Windowed Borderless Gaming app works for me to do windowed mode lined up right and running at my screen's 106hz. The film grain is real. At 42% downloaded you can run through the tutorial stuff which is pretty groovy. I actually liked the tutorial! Much quicker and more interactive than the usual "why heeellloooo therrreee....press the double u key on your keyboard in order to move your player character in the forward direction..let's try it now OK, press the double u key...goood! let's move on to the other cardinal directions!"

Lookin' forward to getting in some MP later while everyone else still sucks too.

quote:

bargefink was right

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Someone upthread mentioned that even the robot characters have "male"/"female" options... what's the difference, exactly?

insert robot dick joke here

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

ninjahedgehog posted:

Someone upthread mentioned that even the robot characters have "male"/"female" options... what's the difference, exactly?

The female robots have a more slender/less bulky frame. No robot boobs :(

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

teh_Broseph posted:

lol at no fullscreen borderless option

-noborder -windowed

Playing through the tutorial while waiting for the download to finish, the movement in this really feels a hell of a lot smoother than Titanfall 1's already insanely good movement.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

So is this worth getting if I'm just a bored dude looking for a good PS4 game?

JunXaos
Mar 11, 2011

IRONKNUCKLE PERMBANNED! READ HERE
nVidia game ready driver for Titanfall 2 is out.

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/110603/en-us

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Lemon-Lime posted:

-noborder -windowed

Playing through the tutorial while waiting for the download to finish, the movement in this really feels a hell of a lot smoother than Titanfall 1's already insanely good movement.

One tip I've found is to unbind toggle crouch and only use regular crouch. That way you can bunny hop like Frothy does in his videos.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Campaign Spoilers:

Man, I knew there was a really high chance that BT would sacrifice himself for you, I just wish they hadn't gone for it :(

Edit: Ha, at the end of the credits you see your pilot helmet blink with some sort of code, I remember BT sending data of himself to your helmet, so there's hope :shobon:

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

I'm really starting to dislike the server system. Breaking up the game and sending you out to find a new match means that I have played the same 3 maps over and over instead of enjoying a proper rotation... also gently caress that office facility thing from the campaign map.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Daztek posted:

Campaign Spoilers:

Man, I knew there was a really high chance that BT would sacrifice himself for you, I just wish they hadn't gone for it :(

stay till after the credits!!!

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Ronin is amazing but as more people unlock it Scorch will be more viable because he shits on Ronin every time.

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.
Tone is my favorite so far, and I've discovered that I do not have the reflex's needed to play this as well as some of the other players. MP is still fun as gently caress though, the amount of poo poo flying around sometimes and the firefights would be a bit more enjoyable if the TTK wasn't so drat short. I'm really loving stoked about BF1 and this releasing. Been a drat good year for games.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

ninjahedgehog posted:

I AM CARVALLO
Apr 19, 2007

Head Kicker GOTY

lostleaf posted:

Respawn seriously optimized their engine for low end machines. I'm playing it on a laptop 5200u with a geforce 940 and it's very smooth(there's no counter but I guess 30+ fps) on low setting 720p. Still looks excellent too even on low everything. As compared to xcom 2 or dark souls 3 which are unplayable on this machine even with low. Just an FYI for anyone out there on the fence.

Good to hear this. I was looking at Titanfall 2 to be my replacement for BF1 because I'm just really tired of playing Battlefield games on aged mid-range computers.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wish I was good at fps I haven't finished off the bottom once :(

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.
Is there a goon network for the Xbox One yet?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Empress Brosephine posted:

Wish I was good at fps I haven't finished off the bottom once :(

You are great and our combat rating together has just gone through the roof.

-BT

Seriously though, just hop in a titan with lots of dash (ronin or something) and run around the map crushing grunts. Enjoy being on the top!

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is that the key, just killing grunts instead of players?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Empress Brosephine posted:

is that the key, just killing grunts instead of players?

I mean it helps to kill players but yeah pretty much. In a titan you can run over anything that isn't a reaper and get an instant kill. And focussing reapers nets 5 points each. Attrition is all about minion kills, and it seems bounty hunt is as well. I mean if you can kill pilots and enemy titans it definitely is worth it too but if you want to be a bastard who just tops scoreboards or at least isn't at the bottom that'll do it too.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Wait are Grunts still worthwhile? They seem to worth far less than in TF1..

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dunno what's up with my PC Vanguard Edition but Amazon has no info about it being shipped. Great.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Sab669 posted:

Wait are Grunts still worthwhile? They seem to worth far less than in TF1..

1 point each, your average drop pod will net you about 5 points. There are a lot of them and if you're in a titan they're even easier to kill. Not as good as TF1 but still very good.

Also to note everything except a reaper is 1 point, spectres, stalkers too. So by comparison grunts are really efficient point wise.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

ninjahedgehog posted:

I took some screenshots:

There are, in fact, robotits.

Also, I'm getting some weird stutter on Attrition that isn't present on other game modes, it's annoying. :(

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

keyframe posted:

Bunch of us are getting this on the #pcgaming discord so if anyone is looking for people to play with when it comes out is welcome to join.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3794397

Aye yo you bros still playin in this here discord?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Remember guys to join the goons network so we can get some games going.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Lemon-Lime posted:

New thread title.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Could someone who isn't at work like me remind me what the Mtn Dew Ion warpaint is called? And maybe even take a screenshot? I was surprised at how understated it was for a marketing thing and wanted show a coworker.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Does anyone actually use the grappling hook? I've found myself only using the sonar dart or the stim.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Gunder posted:

Does anyone actually use the grappling hook? I've found myself only using the sonar dart or the stim.

Hail Stim

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Gunder posted:

I love it. The few times I've tried anything else I'm just like gently caress I miss my hook.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Lemon-Lime posted:

I took some screenshots:

Dudebot's got a scarf and a sweet knapsack though. Decisions....

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gunder posted:

Grappling hook is goo and if you learn to jump and use it right it can really slingshot you but I think it still needs to both deploy and retract faster.

Pretty sad about the smart pistol but such is life. It still owns and makes people real mad.

Knifegrab fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Oct 28, 2016

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

My very first game I dropped a titan on a guy, and he called me a friend of the family.

goty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
gently caress it, I think I'm in. Now that the game is out, is GMG getting keys to people properly? They still do vouchers on checkout?